Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Apr. 03, 2017  7:08 PM)bladerZakk Wrote: can you us micro beys in (micro) tournaments? i would be surprized if so.

As you suspected, no Beyblade sidelines are legal in competitive play.

(Apr. 03, 2017  7:10 PM)artic51 Wrote: how do you increase your beyblades stamina without customizing it

Without customization, the only way to extend your Beyblades' spin times is to increase the strength and speed of your launch.
(Apr. 03, 2017  7:25 PM)Angry Face Wrote: As you suspected, no Beyblade sidelines are legal in competitive play.

Without customization, the only way to extend your Beyblades' spin times is to increase the strength and speed of your launch.

Wow ur right completely forgot about the factors such as launch speed etc. Damn I was too focused on the bey itself and not the blader lol.
(Apr. 03, 2017  4:59 PM)Aristo Wrote: I have read Lost Longinus performs better when "weak launched." Can I ask for an explanation about the physics behind that? Does it have to do with the left spin?

Also, how different is a "weak launch" compared to a "normal one?" And when it comes to the act of launching, are the nuances personal preference, or are there tried and true methods of doing so?

Weak launching is a common strategy for Defense types and left-spin Beyblades in general. By launching at a reduced strength (usually somewhere in the range of half to 3/4 of your maximum power), you reduce the total energy of impacts against your opponent (because you're spinning slower and moving slower around the Stadium). This makes you less likely to be KOed, and in the case of left-spin Beyblades, a weak start means you'll rapidly drop your opponent's speed as you equalize velocities. This also improves your chances against aggressive opponents by reducing the amount of time they spend at high speed, so they are less likely to score an early KO.
(Apr. 03, 2017  8:08 PM)Cake Wrote: Weak launching is a common strategy for Defense types and left-spin Beyblades in general. By launching at a reduced strength (usually somewhere in the range of half to 3/4 of your maximum power), you reduce the total energy of impacts against your opponent (because you're spinning slower and moving slower around the Stadium). This makes you less likely to be KOed, and in the case of left-spin Beyblades, a weak start means you'll rapidly drop your opponent's speed as you equalize velocities. This also improves your chances against aggressive opponents by reducing the amount of time they spend at high speed, so they are less likely to score an early KO.

Adding to that, to make it work you need to have beys of similer weight and use a material which is softer then Metal that can absorb shock. In series like HMS-ZRG. Impact of Metal vs Metal is so voilent and bey's weight varies so much (from like 25 grams to 85 Grams) so it's almost impossible to make it work. Yes it works in Opposite direction to make Wyvang Dragoon RDFs like invensible [not really. but someone can ban that thick heavy wide wall of plastis? Example. E230/BD145 lol.]. Though some MW like Flash, Blitz,Meteo can KO same spin opponent by weak launching but it mostly works only if opponent is lighte.

Way L2 bursts it opponent is behind part of its contact point is extremely argressive. When blader weak launch right spin's contact point get stuck in it and when they try to 'push' it in opposite direction. High weight of L2 compared to other beys, produce high recoil for right spin bey and burst it (I call this L2 Burst Attack theory. L2's primary attack is KO attack but it can mirror opposing's attack on them.)
Yh generally weak launch works well with left spinning beys as they happen to use the spin cancelling/stealing abilities. But for bursts I still think a fast launch would be a good approach too unless the bey got like rubber on it or a circular Shape. In the case of longinus I think a fast or slow launch wouldn't matter imo.
I am currently looking at Beyblades on Amazon.ca, and there is a seller named "Karen Lonesky" who's selling Burst Beyblades for around 8 dollars each. Has anyone ever bought from this person, and if so, were the beyblade's authentic?
(Apr. 03, 2017  11:28 PM)LeadOxide Wrote: I am currently looking at Beyblades on Amazon.ca, and there is a seller named "Karen Lonesky" who's selling Burst Beyblades for around 8 dollars each. Has anyone ever bought from this person, and if so, were the beyblade's authentic?

I doubt they are authentic at that price, sadly. Do they have launchers or are they the boosters? Also check for a Takara-Tomy, Hasbro, or Young Toys.
(Apr. 03, 2017  11:32 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I doubt they are authentic at that price, sadly. Do they have launchers or are they the boosters? Also check for a Takara-Tomy, Hasbro, or Young Toys.
I just looked over the listings more carefully, the Seller has a 0% positive rating, there is no indication of anything Takara Tomy, and the shipping time is less than 2 weeks, and this is on a Xeno Xcalibur. Thanks for the help, this was my first post on the forum.
(Apr. 03, 2017  11:47 PM)LeadOxide Wrote: I just looked over the listings more carefully, the Seller has a 0% positive rating, there is no indication of anything Takara Tomy, and the shipping time is less than 2 weeks, and this is on a Xeno Xcalibur. Thanks for the help, this was my first post on the forum.

No problem. Smile
Hey, recently screwed in a metal face bolt, and my spintrack stripped. Now it just gets tense, then pops and becomes loose wheni try to turn it with my wrench. Tips on getting it off?
(Apr. 04, 2017  2:06 PM)TheHammerBro Wrote: Hey, recently screwed in a metal face bolt, and my spintrack stripped. Now it just gets tense, then pops and becomes loose wheni try to turn it with my wrench. Tips on getting it off?

I've also faced the same problem. All you have to do is applying super glue on broken facebolt( track one ) and fix the other part together. Then let them dry and after that try to unscrew it with the key.
(Apr. 04, 2017  2:14 PM)Ninja Blader Wrote: I've also faced the same problem. All you have to do is applying super glue on broken facebolt( track one ) and fix the other part together. Then let them dry and after that try to unscrew it with the key.

Ooh, that sounds bad. But, sadly that's not the case. My bey is stuck together, the facebolt wont come off the stripped spintrack, and is a little crossthreaded.
Is there any point to getting a starter with a Beylogger outside Japan? I've seen a few eBay listings for Beylogger starter packs and I was curious about what to use them for. I understand you can connect to the Japanese app and track wins, launch power and so on. But it seems like it'd have limited use in NA, other than testing out launches. I'm not sure if there are any active prizes for points anymore. Is it mostly a cosmetic addition now?
Why does it feel like nobody cares on this site anymore? There is next to no communication in the United States communities (or at least the ones I try to reach out to), nobody hardly ever responds to my posts...this is one of the biggest reasons why I left.
(Apr. 04, 2017  3:40 PM)Aristo Wrote: Is there any point to getting a starter with a Beylogger outside Japan? I've seen a few eBay listings for Beylogger starter packs and I was curious about what to use them for. I understand you can connect to the Japanese app and track wins, launch power and so on. But it seems like it'd have limited use in NA, other than testing out launches. I'm not sure if there are any active prizes for points anymore. Is it mostly a cosmetic addition now?

It actually has a definite use: helping you gauge whether your launch is actually strong. For instance, it helps you see whether you are using the BeyLauncher properly at all. A lot of people report having weak shots with string launchers, but the BeyLogger would show them that they are simply not using it to its full potential and they are not launching strongly and quickly enough and need to practice more.

(Apr. 04, 2017  3:46 PM)sharkee9 Wrote: Why does it feel like nobody cares on this site anymore? There is next to no communication in the United States communities (or at least the ones I try to reach out to), nobody hardly ever responds to my posts...this is one of the biggest reasons why I left.

Well, I think it is just due to the fact that Beyblade Burst has not hit its full popularity yet and, right now, we do have old and new Members who reside in the United States, yet that country is so vast and has so many states that nobody lives close to each other, among those active Members...
(Apr. 04, 2017  3:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It actually has a definite use: helping you gauge whether your launch is actually strong. For instance, it helps you see whether you are using the BeyLauncher properly at all. A lot of people report having weak shots with string launchers, but the BeyLogger would show them that they are simply not using it to its full potential and they are not launching strongly and quickly enough and need to practice more.

Well, I think it is just due to the fact that Beyblade Burst has not hit its full popularity yet and, right now, we do have old and new Members who reside in the United States, yet that country is so vast and has so many states that nobody lives close to each other, among those active Members...

I understand. I'm sorry if I'm being troublesome. It's just I love Beyblade so much and I haven't met anyone else in person who likes it just as much.
I totally understand you actually. From afar, I have been watching a lot of communities in the United States of America have a lot of active Bladers and not one of them taking the initiative to organise a tournament, or alternatively one or two very active Members who would be great Organizers, but who sadly have no fellow Bladers in their local community, apparently. It is frustrating even for me hah. A lot of our most important veterans have never been able to host tournaments where they live though, so they found other ways to make their interest in Beyblade profilerate.
(Apr. 04, 2017  3:46 PM)sharkee9 Wrote: Why does it feel like nobody cares on this site anymore? There is next to no communication in the United States communities (or at least the ones I try to reach out to), nobody hardly ever responds to my posts...this is one of the biggest reasons why I left.

Because, IDK, but seems like many of old members are getting busy and inactive, while other leaving completely. While a many new members are joining and feeling that space due to release of burst. But most of them are still "new", and are on there begainer's period (I mean still learning to be on a fourm, beyblade community). But due to no, one high experienced member who can lead community and make things happen. Due being new they don't know where to discuss about things like tournament and stuff so discussion as community are decreasing.

Other reason I think could be, sometimes your post maybe have something obvious and doesn't need reply. Don't get me wrong , not saying you post like this, but I mean like if you say, "this episode of beyblade was good, thanks to some post, saying something that doesn't need reply will refer people from replying. I mean most prefer to reply only if it's needed or someone has to say something. 

Last reasons might be, people of your area maybe active, but somewhere else like chat group. Like even here in India there are total over 150 members but only few are active (other are more active in whatsapp groups and Beyblade Amino).  Maybe your community maybe new and there aren't many members. You maybe have to gather member yourself and make tournament activities online activities on WBO yourself Wink.
(Apr. 02, 2017  6:36 PM)Keïvin Wrote: it was a joke based on a previous comment.

Oh ok. Lol

I kinda agree bud since the old members left mostly the community has gotten quiet to an extent but there are quite a few cool new Bladers who joined too. Though I'm unknown I was around in the community like 10 years ago and left after 5 or so years due to some issues at home but now I come back and see a whole new system and a lot of different people but it's still an awesome place to be at and sometimes change is for the better and beyblade season is coming up were yet to get burst in the uk but once we do u can bet things will get live on the forum. Still remember the days when I used to look at jr_tiger's collection in awe lol.
Is Scythe Kronos of any use in standard format ( excluding synchromes), is it legal to switch the upper clear wheel with Leone II clear wheel?
(Apr. 04, 2017  5:16 PM)TheLionisDead Wrote: Is Scythe Kronos of any use in standard format ( excluding synchromes), is it legal to switch the upper clear wheel with Leone II clear wheel?

I do not remember Scythe having much use upon release, so no. With Basalt for instance, Scythe is just not as good. 

What do you mean by "upper clear wheel"? For sure it is legal to switch Clear Wheels around, except with Gravity Perseus and L-Drago Beyblades, of course.
(Apr. 04, 2017  5:16 PM)TheLionisDead Wrote: Is Scythe Kronos of any use in standard format ( excluding synchromes), is it legal to switch the upper clear wheel with Leone II clear wheel?

If I'm honest scythe flat out sucks imo. It's probably the reason it ain't banned yet cos it ain't in the league with other 4d system tops. And it is legal to customise I'm sure.

Nvm were talking standard format, I still ain't got my head around the formatting stuff but all I can say is scythe would get crushed if standard is the format where all parts can be used.
(Apr. 04, 2017  5:19 PM)Yblader1 Wrote: If I'm honest scythe flat out sucks imo. It's probably the reason it ain't banned yet cos it ain't in the league with other 4d system tops. And it is legal to customise I'm sure.

Actually non-hollowed-out Scythe is indeed banned in the Limited Format. It is the Hasbro starved version that is legal.
(Apr. 04, 2017  5:20 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Actually non-hollowed-out Scythe is indeed banned in the Limited Format. It is the Hasbro starved version that is legal.

Yh I had the one with the hollow and it never worked for me. Sucks cos Kronos had such a cool intro to the anime but the bey in general couldn't perform.