Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Are there any Tournaments in Australia???
Do people still the old metal saga beys, or are thay different from the Burst
MFB Beyblades are incompatible with beyblade burst however some communities still host mfb tournamnets even though burst is the main series right now
Hi im new here because my friend told me about beyblade and i got interested. i just wanted to know if there are any techniques to launching? also i am interested in burst and wanted to see a product list possibly if there is one? i might want ones that look cool and it could also help me get to know more about the hobby. thanks.
The main launch technique to master is what's known as the "sliding shoot", where you pull the launcher instead of the ripcord to add motion to the bey. This helps attack types move in a "flower" pattern that brings them through the center repeatedly instead of just circling the stadium.
you could have just asked me. i know the answers. yes there is one particular technique for launching called the sliding shoot. you can learn more about that here
You can look at a product list by going to the beywiki here:http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_B...t_products
also why didn't you indroduce yourself in the forum for introducing?
(Dec. 20, 2016  3:06 AM)bestpersonever Wrote: Hi im new here because my friend told me about beyblade and i got interested. i just wanted to know if there are any techniques to launching? also i am interested in burst and wanted to see a product list possibly if there is one? i might want ones that look cool and it could also help me get to know more about the hobby. thanks.

@[bestpersonever] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw9F9t2_...336BCB7779
Most of the basic info on launching and blading in general.

EDIT: Always getting sniped.
Man, I really wanna remake that video ...

(Well, the whole series.)
(Dec. 20, 2016  3:41 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Man, I really wanna remake that video ...

(Well, the whole series.)

Any particular reason why i think the explanations are pretty clear
Are there any Left rotating, spin stealing beys in Burst?
(Dec. 20, 2016  4:54 AM)MrMaths Wrote: Are there any Left rotating, spin stealing beys in Burst?

Not yet, but the first one is going to be released very soon in Japan: December 28th, Lost Longinus comes out.
Will there ever be a Left spinning light launcher we can use a long winder for? Maybe even a Left spinning sword launcher though I doubt that.
(Dec. 20, 2016  5:13 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Will there ever be a Left spinning light launcher we can use a long winder for? Maybe even a Left spinning sword launcher though I doubt that.

There is no information about that so far.
(Dec. 20, 2016  3:10 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: The main launch technique to master is what's known as the "sliding shoot", where you pull the launcher instead of the ripcord to add motion to the bey. This helps attack types move in a "flower" pattern that brings them through the center repeatedly instead of just circling the stadium.

Adding on what Dracomgeat. There are also other launching techniques such as banking (tilting launcher to angle of stadium, deep banking (tilting more), catapult shoot (probably my fev beyhahah), weak launching (launching slower then normal), launching stright and gattyaki (http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?title=Gattyaki)

But really these are only 'named ones' by WBO (I think? Can someone tell if they are made by WBO?). There are endless way of launching bey on different angle, speed height, banking toward different sides, etc for example I bank my launcher toward left and launch little with stamina type against attacker which make it harder for em to KO.
Sliding shoot is the original name for this technique from Japan, same with gattyaki. Now that Burst refers to it as "rush shot", we should probably alter the terminology we use.
(Dec. 20, 2016  3:42 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Sliding shoot is the original name for this technique from Japan, same with gattyaki. Now that Burst refers to it as "rush shot", we should probably alter the terminology we use.

I do not know, because I seem to remember Metal Fight Beyblade introducing similar launching techniques at the very beginning and renaming some of them, but we never adopted them. Admittedly, they were not prominently used in the anime or even in the manga, but still, I think we continue to hold the power to impose names.
(Dec. 20, 2016  4:05 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I do not know, because I seem to remember Metal Fight Beyblade introducing similar launching techniques at the very beginning and renaming some of them, but we never adopted them. Admittedly, they were not prominently used in the anime or even in the manga, but still, I think we continue to hold the power to impose names.

We do. But everyone who watches the anime will be looking for how to do a "rush shot"  (or is it "launch" in the dub?) and considering how prevalent it's been I would be very surprised for them to change its name or otherwise retcon it. While we have the power to impose names, I don't necessarily think that sliding shoot is a great name either; we just used it because that was what it was called. Using shoot in this way is pretty bad English, too. haha
Btw what MFB launch techniques were?

Also btw. In burst they has few other "new techniques too. But I think they were just different angle of banking
Like Rush shoot is normal banking
Shoot that Orochi use seems like deep banking
Sythe shoot of Dyna was light bank (banking less then angle of slope of stadium)

But I'm not sure if its really the case but by looking at beys movement and there launcher when they were launching. It seemed to me like that but thats just my theory
I actually think the key difference between "rush shot" as portrayed in the anime and the actual sliding shoot most players use is that you would normally push the launcher forward in sliding shoot.
Was there a discussion about calling the Slide Shoot Rush Shoot?
(Dec. 20, 2016  10:10 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: Was there a discussion about calling the Slide Shoot Rush Shoot?

You mean ... the posts directly before this one?
(Dec. 20, 2016  10:10 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: Was there a discussion about calling the Slide Shoot Rush Shoot?

Just above, Bey Brad said that they are basically the same, but the anime portrays it slightly differently.
Can we just drop it!!  I know the result is the same, I don't want to have this conversation anymore, GAAAAAH!!!!

(Dec. 20, 2016  11:32 PM)KingVictory Wrote: Just above, Bey Brad said that they are basically the same, but the anime portrays it slightly differently.
(Dec. 20, 2016  11:39 PM)BeyCrafter Wrote: Can we just drop it!!  I know the result is the same, I don't want to have this conversation anymore, GAAAAAH!!!!

lol! I checked this thread before replying on my own so I didn't know xD
Well, anybody know any good string replacements/alternatives for burst beylaunchers? I opened the launcher that broke a while back and luckily it was just the string and not some important piece of plastic with it.