Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Mar. 22, 2016  11:57 PM)MissingNo. Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2016  10:53 PM)Dapps Wrote: I was actually suggested to build Balro Balro BD145MF, just have to buy the parts, just don't know where I should buy from since I don't want to buy a knockoff. Also would be interested in a combo based off the blades I bought in that lot. ^^

Balro Balro BD145MF is an average combo, FIREFIRE only recommended it to you because it is his personnal favourite.

Well, let's see what we can make with your parts :

Stamina :
Scythe Kronos/Bull AD145/D/WD/SD

Attack :
Blitz Pegasus/Bull 90/CH120R2F

I don't know about defense. The tip RS is super powerful for any defense combo though.

I will definitely try it out, is there any combo that you would reccomend for getting into competitive play? Not worried about spending, used to be a big MTG player and current day FGC player so used to investing.
(Mar. 23, 2016  12:25 AM)Dapps Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2016  10:53 PM)Dapps Wrote: I was actually suggested to build Balro Balro BD145MF, just have to buy the parts, just don't know where I should buy from since I don't want to buy a knockoff. Also would be interested in a combo based off the blades I bought in that lot. ^^

Balro Balro BD145MF is an average combo, FIREFIRE only recommended it to you because it is his personnal favourite.

Stamina :

Attack :

I don't know about defense. The tip RS is super powerful for any defense combo though.

I will definitely try it out, is there any combo that you would reccomend for getting into competitive play? Not worried about spending, used to be a big MTG player and current day FGC player so used to investing.

You'll need the Stamina and Defense DX Set if you haven't already, for Wyvang, a Dark Knight Dragoon LW160BSF for Dragooon, Bandid Genbull (Takara Tomy version) for F230 and Genbull, Death Quetzalcoatl for it's RDF (A powerful defense tip and does wonders against opposite spin), Hell Kerbecs for it's BD145.
for defense we have not a big choice though... you may try Scythe Bull 90RS... it seems to be the most viable to me...

In left spin you may just change the tip for R2F, if you want to more destabilize and spin steal you may put HF instead.

Stamina :

Attack :

tbh, yeah it's my fev combo. but i recommend it as it's easy to practise on for new bladers

edit:- sorry if i created any chaos/confusion/spam. I will take care to give most aquratgean anwser and will think before posting
(Mar. 23, 2016  12:29 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  12:25 AM)Dapps Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2016  11:57 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Balro Balro BD145MF is an average combo, FIREFIRE only recommended it to you because it is his personnal favourite.

Stamina :

Attack :

You'll need the Stamina and Defense DX Set if you haven't already, for Wyvang, a Dark Knight Dragoon LW160BSF for Dragooon, Bandid Genbull (Takara Tomy version) for F230 and Genbull, Death Quetzalcoatl for it's RDF (A powerful defense tip and does wonders against opposite spin), Hell Kerbecs for it's BD145.

So I should buy the Stamina and Defense DX Set even for just 1-2 blades? Can I buy the other blades individually? Appreciate all of you guys help, still trying to figure out everything like what parts are which and such. Reading up on the wiki on stuff all day.
(Mar. 23, 2016  1:46 AM)Dapps Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  12:29 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  12:25 AM)Dapps Wrote: I will definitely try it out, is there any combo that you would reccomend for getting into competitive play? Not worried about spending, used to be a big MTG player and current day FGC player so used to investing.

So I should buy the Stamina and Defense DX Set even for just 1-2 blades? Can I buy the other blades individually? Appreciate all of you guys help, still trying to figure out everything like what parts are which and such. Reading up on the wiki on stuff all day.

Well unfortunately the set is the only way to get Wyvang chrome wheel unless you can find an individual one, but the set does have lots of useful parts like E230, A230, WD, EDS(?). I can't remember if JSB or SB were useful. Also there's Reviser, Killerken and Balro for good chrome wheels.
(Mar. 23, 2016  1:55 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  1:46 AM)Dapps Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  12:29 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: You'll need the Stamina and Defense DX Set if you haven't already, for Wyvang, a Dark Knight Dragoon LW160BSF for Dragooon, Bandid Genbull (Takara Tomy version) for F230 and Genbull, Death Quetzalcoatl for it's RDF (A powerful defense tip and does wonders against opposite spin), Hell Kerbecs for it's BD145.

Well unfortunately the set is the only way to get Wyvang chrome wheel unless you can find an individual one, but the set does have lots of useful parts like E230, A230, WD, EDS(?). I can't remember if JSB or SB were useful. Also there's Reviser, Killerken and Balro for good chrome wheels.

Also, you'll want to buy 2 Stamina and Defense sets, if possible. That will get you 2 Wyvangs, 2 Balros (Wyvang Wyvang and Balro Balro are the strongest Attack setups available), 2 Revizers, and 2 Killerkens (Revizer and Killerken are the strongest Defense parts available). You don't need duplicates of the Tracks or Tips, but you may be able to sell or trade away some of your extras.

As Jinbee said, the other main parts you'll want are Dragooon, Genbull, a Takara Tomy F230 (comes with Genbull), BD145, and RDF. Other key parts include RF, R2F, or LRF (the family of flat rubber tips are critical for Attack types; any one of the three will work); SA165 (excellent for opposite-spin matchups; commonly used with Dragooon); MF (used in Tornado Stallers or Attack/Stamina hybrids); and Girago (a good all-around Chrome Wheel; good for Anti-Attack, good when paired with Dragooon, and good when paired with Genbull).
(Mar. 23, 2016  4:20 AM)Cake Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  1:55 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  1:46 AM)Dapps Wrote: So I should buy the Stamina and Defense DX Set even for just 1-2 blades? Can I buy the other blades individually? Appreciate all of you guys help, still trying to figure out everything like what parts are which and such. Reading up on the wiki on stuff all day.

Also, you'll want to buy 2 Stamina and Defense sets, if possible. That will get you 2 Wyvangs, 2 Balros (Wyvang Wyvang and Balro Balro are the strongest Attack setups available), 2 Revizers, and 2 Killerkens (Revizer and Killerken are the strongest Defense parts available). You don't need duplicates of the Tracks or Tips, but you may be able to sell or trade away some of your extras.

As Jinbee said, the other main parts you'll want are Dragooon, Genbull, a Takara Tomy F230 (comes with Genbull), BD145, and RDF. Other key parts include RF, R2F, or LRF (the family of flat rubber tips are critical for Attack types; any one of the three will work); SA165 (excellent for opposite-spin matchups; commonly used with Dragooon); MF (used in Tornado Stallers or Attack/Stamina hybrids); and Girago (a good all-around Chrome Wheel; good for Anti-Attack, good when paired with Dragooon, and good when paired with Genbull).
What dragoon and what grenbull? And what exactly is BD145 and RDF/RF/R2F/LRF/SA165? Are they tips?

So stuff I need to buy:
2 stamina/defense sets
? Dragoon
? Genbull (which comes with the F230)
? Girago
And then stuff that I am uncertain of.

Edit: this in incredibly helpful btw, appreciate the detailed explanations.
(Mar. 23, 2016  4:31 AM)Dapps Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  4:20 AM)Cake Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2016  1:55 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: Well unfortunately the set is the only way to get Wyvang chrome wheel unless you can find an individual one, but the set does have lots of useful parts like E230, A230, WD, EDS(?). I can't remember if JSB or SB were useful. Also there's Reviser, Killerken and Balro for good chrome wheels.

What dragoon and what grenbull? And what exactly is BD145 and RDF/RF/R2F/LRF/SA165? Are they tips?

So stuff I need to buy:
2 stamina/defense sets
? Dragoon
? Genbull (which comes with the F230)
? Girago
And then stuff that I am uncertain of.

Edit: this in incredibly helpful btw, appreciate the detailed explanations.
Dragooon and Genbu are chrome wheels. Dragooon is used in spin stealing combos, some defence and attack combos. Genbu has a nice stamina.
BD145 and SA165 are tracks and RDF/RF/R2F/LRF/ are bottoms.
Dragoon chrome wheel is obtained through Starter Dark Knight Dragooon and Genbu chrome wheel from Zero-G Random Booster Vol.3 Bandid Genbu F230TB F230 is a free spinning track. Orangge one is only useful Red/Brown are not. Zirago is also a chrome wheel which can be obtained in Hasbro Starter Thief Zirago WA130HF or from Takara Tomy's Ultimate DX Set Attack and Balance TypeSmile
Dragooon is the Chrome wheel of the Zero-G era (Left spin)

Genbull is the Chrome Wheel of Zero-G era too (Right spin) wich have the most stamina and defense in that series and it contains the F230 Orange from takara only. if not you may have some bad results with F230.

BD145 is a track you may get with Hell(Hades) Kerbecs BD145 DS, wich is used for many top tier combos. It can comes with other beyblades but I don't remember wich...

RDF is the Rubber Defense Flat wich come with Death Quetzalcoatl from 4d era.
RF and R2F are the main Rubber Flat for attack and it comes with Pegasus(storm Pegasus have RF, Galaxy Pegasus have R2F and Samurai Pegasus(Zero-G era) have R2F)

LRF could be find in the ultimate L-Drago Set (Contains 3 different L-Drago Energy ring, LRF, RF, DF105(track), 85(Track) pretty good for low attack combo, 125(track) and SF(bottom). it include a Left Beylauncher.

SA165 is one of the great Track to get. You mainly see it with Archer Gargoyle or in Defense/Stamina DX set.

Girago is very versatile and useful, its a chrome wheel too, can get in special sets or if its Hasbro you may have Thief Zirago if i recall it corectly. by takara you may find Gryph Zirago. Gryph could be interesting on certain combos.

and finaly If I could suggest you something to add to your list, Metal Face Custom(fit on any MFB beyblade but not on Chrome Wheel from Zero-G) and Metal Stone face Custom(Fit only with Chrome Wheel) are really usefull.

If you need more info feel free to ask!

----
Vikrambeyblade still answer before me
If you want to obtain competitive parts by these
caek Wrote:Synchrome DX Set Defense and Stamina
- This thing has an insane amount of value. 4 top tier Chrome Wheels, plus E230. All you need is an RF and you're good to go for both mobile Defense and Attack.
Death Quetzalcoatl
- RDF. This tip is incredibly powerful for Defense, especially on Dragooon, where it also works well with its spin-stealing abilities. (also Death but who cares anymore)
- Hasbro's Air Synchrome 2-pack. Archer Griffin is worthless (C145S hahahaha) but Dragooon and SA165 are Standard staples, and Ronin hits crazy hard in Limited.
- Storm Pegasis or something else with RF. If you are interested in Limited, the BB-96 Super Deck Set is great.
- Something with BD145. There's either the obvious option (Hell Kerbecs), one of the Random Booster beyblades with BD145 (Vulcan Horogium BD145RS is the best, plus it has an awesome CLEAR BD145), or potentially the Meteor Shower Attack 2-pack from Hasbro. The set includes Meteo L-Drago (a great spin-stealer in Limited), BD145, and RSF (both great Defense parts).
- Earth Eagle or Earth Virgo, depending on whether or not you already have WD. Get Earth Virgo for GB145 and Earth (Earth for Limited Defense and Stamina, GB145 for Limited Defense and Attack in all formats), but get Earth Eagle instead if you need more WDs for some reason.

The end results of all this:
Standard:
Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
- This combo is ridiculously powerful, with a great mix of Defense, Attack, and Stamina.
Revizer Killerken E230RSF/RDF/RF
- Very solid Defense.
Wyvang Balro GB145RF
- Powerful Attack. The synergy between Wyvang and Balro isn't great, but you're still stacking two top-tier Attack parts on top of each other...
Revizer/Killerken Dragooon SA165WD
- Not the best spin stealer (Girago and EWD would improve it somewhat) but still a good Stamina pick.
Limited:
Dark Knight Wyvang (Crystal Up) GB145/85 (if you bought the Super Deck Set) RF
- Lots and lots of Attack.
MF-H Pegasis 85/145RF
- Again, great Attack. A little more consistent than Dark Knight, though also kind of recoily-feeling.
MF-H Earth Virgo/Cancer GB145RSF
- Good Defense. 85 may be better.
Earth Cancer/Virgo 145WD
- Good Stamina.
MF-H/MF-L Meteo L-Drago 145WD
- A great spin-stealer for Limited, though lightweight.
Caek wrote it in thread new to MFBSmile
Are Metal Fusion Beyblades rare?
Sweet! I appreciate the break down, guys! I will compile a list of all I need to buy in the morning, may ask on specific products to buy when making it.
Does anyone know when Takara Tomy made Beyblade, who the target audience was? Thanks
Beyblade was intended for the "boys" market in Japan. So I am thinking an age range of like 5-15ish. It was like a lot of toys in Japan, backed by a manga and anime and advertised in Corocoro. But the general idea of blading was like hundreds of years old I think and was originally played with shells filled with different materials to make them behave differently (attack, defense, stamina). There is a super cool thread (easily among the best on these forums, imo) on the history of it, among other things, by a really talented writer and top designer, Beylon, here:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BLOG-FO...ing-Source
@[Zoroaste] Yup! Beyblade are based on ベーゴマ (Beigoma), traditional Japanese tops. Originally they were made from seashells filled with sand and sealed with wax, but during the 18th century they started making them from die-cast metals. After the war the game started to die off, along with many other classic games, as technology crept in to the market. But of course, Beyblade saved the game and brought it up to modern game standards. The game disappeared to the point that there was only one factory still producing the toys when Beyblade came out, but Beyblade proved to be so popular that it more than doubled sales of ベーゴマ for that one factory! They still make ベーゴマ, I need to get around to buying some.

@[Ascath] I think it's hard to pinpoint an exact age-range given that it's based on such a classic game, but I would say probably the 8-12 age group. Maybe even 8-15.
Is there any surfire way to tell whether or not plastics and HMS are real? Both boxed and used. Whenever I browse YJA I always see lots of them going for pretty good prices and occasionally I'll see something still NIB. We should put together a guide or something.
(Mar. 25, 2016  6:10 PM)Wizard Wrote: Is there any surfire way to tell whether or not plastics and HMS are real? Both boxed and used. Whenever I browse YJA I always see lots of them going for pretty good prices and occasionally I'll see something still NIB. We should put together a guide or something.

Not much on Yahoo! Japan Auctions is fake: that is the general rule. I think I have barely ever seen anything fake at all, other than obvious fake boxes, and theflightyellz's guide already helps with that.
I thought Ellz' guide was just for MFB? Anyways I can tell for NIB but I can't tell for opened/used.
Can someone tell me what tip belongs to samurai Pegasus takara to my version!
Is it RSF or R2F?
(Mar. 27, 2016  2:17 PM)SoSteve Wrote: Can someone tell me what tip belongs to samurai Pegasus takara to my version!
Is it RSF or R2F?

It´s R²F. Smile
(Mar. 27, 2016  2:21 PM)Zera Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2016  2:17 PM)SoSteve Wrote: Can someone tell me what tip belongs to samurai Pegasus takara to my version!
Is it RSF or R2F?

It´s R²F. Smile

Is that different to R2F or is it the same just that yours is small?
(Mar. 27, 2016  2:23 PM)SoSteve Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2016  2:21 PM)Zera Wrote:
Is it RSF or R2F?

It´s R²F. Smile

Is that different to R2F or is it the same just that yours is small?

It´s the same. It´s actually called R²F but most people just call it R2F. Wink
no they really used the tiny 2 but to make short and easy we write R2F