Ask a question, get an answer! #2

The general consensus is that foreign substances that would significantly alter the performance/function of a Beyblade or part aren't allowed, such applying nail polish to areas of considerable contact with the stadium, other Beys, or parts that connect for assembly. So as long as your dab of nail polish isn't in any places like those, it should be alright, though, a dot of sharpie anywhere would also do the trick.

The rule for paint is similar in that a thin layer that doesn't significantly alter the weight or performance/function of a Beyblade part is okay as well. However, I personally haven't seen many painted Beys used in tournaments, since their paint always seems to chip and make a mess. Dying plastic parts has always been my preferred method of recoloring, but you have to really know what you're doing, or else you can permanently damage the piece.
You can also apply some of the star stickers that come with each Burst Beyblade to the parts of your Beyblade (that won't come into contact with an opponent) as well, Minion. The Disks have a varying number of stars on the bottom of them as well to help with identification.
Is Ebay or Amazon typically better to pick up MFB stuff at decent prices?
(Oct. 23, 2015  2:05 AM)Angry Face Wrote: The general consensus is that foreign substances that would significantly alter the performance/function of a Beyblade or part aren't allowed, such applying nail polish to areas of considerable contact with the stadium, other Beys, or parts that connect for assembly. So as long as your dab of nail polish isn't in any places like those, it should be alright, though, a dot of sharpie anywhere would also do the trick.

The rule for paint is similar in that a thin layer that doesn't significantly alter the weight or performance/function of a Beyblade part is okay as well. However, I personally haven't seen many painted Beys used in tournaments, since their paint always seems to chip and make a mess. Dying plastic parts has always been my preferred method of recoloring, but you have to really know what you're doing, or else you can permanently damage the piece.

Ah! Sharpie haha, good call Smile I've always been curious about dying parts but I can't see the point in investing in the products for the amount I would use it.

(Oct. 23, 2015  2:08 AM)Kei Wrote: You can also apply some of the star stickers that come with each Burst Beyblade to the parts of your Beyblade (that won't come into contact with an opponent) as well, Minion. The Disks have a varying number of stars on the bottom of them as well to help with identification.

Yeah I applied the star stickers in my special formation, but I want to clear coat them with a bit of polish so they don't peel off.
I don't think they'll fall off, the new stickers are stickier than the old ones. My concern is that there's some likelihood we ban all paints and coatings from Burst (dying OK) because of how easily those substances could be used to obstruct Burst's gameplay mechanisms.
Someone is giving me an hf for an r2f
Is it ok for me to give him an r2f? I think he's trying to fool me.

Also I'm aware that there are 2 versions of the h145. Which one is newer?
(Oct. 23, 2015  3:17 AM)meteodestructor Wrote: Someone is giving me an hf for an r2f

ALWAYS KEEP YOUR RF/R2F/LRF. Rubber Flat and variations of the tip are top tier, and Hole Flat is not even close. Keep the R2F.

I believe that when it comes to H145, any mold that is reinforced is the newer one and the better of the two. So more plastic=newer.
(Oct. 23, 2015  3:17 AM)meteodestructor Wrote: Someone is giving me an hf for an r2f

That is a super bad deal : R²F is top-tier, while HF is completely outclassed. I would really advise you not to do that trade.

The reinforced version, with 'webs' linking the horns to the core of the Track, is the newest. The first one was too fragile, so they had to add more plastic to the new version so that it would not break.
Is there a difference between the hasbro and the takaratomy ldrago destructor?
(Oct. 23, 2015  12:11 PM)meteodestructor Wrote: Is there a difference between the hasbro and the takaratomy ldrago destructor?

Absolutely if you are talking about the Metal Fury version, but the Hyperblade version should be mostly identical. The Metal Fury version is hollowed out, so it weighs less than the Asian version from TAKARA-TOMY and SonoKong.
(Oct. 23, 2015  2:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2015  12:11 PM)meteodestructor Wrote: Is there a difference between the hasbro and the takaratomy ldrago destructor?

Absolutely if you are talking about the Metal Fury version, but the Hyperblade version should be mostly identical. The Metal Fury version is hollowed out, so it weighs less than the Asian version from TAKARA-TOMY and SonoKong.

Only the Spark-FX Hyperblades L-Drago Destructors (gold+green and black+orange versions) weigh the same as Takara-Tomy and Sonokong's L-Drago Destroys. Hasbro's Legends Hyperblades L-Drago Destructor is exactly the same mold as their Metal Fury release.
Wah really ? I cannot remember hearing about this here before. Bad to know, hah.
Does amazon japan accept USD amazon giftcards?
(Oct. 23, 2015  4:34 PM)Zed EX Wrote: Does amazon japan accept USD amazon giftcards?

Perhaps if you order a book or magazine, but they will not ship anything else internationally, so no.
My Wyvern Armed Massive came and I'm very happy with it, but what's some tips to using the string launcher? I've tried it several times(this is my first one) and I've just been pulling hard and letting the handle go so there's no slack, but is there a better strategy to launching with it(and one that would carp up my left hand lol) that won't break it?
Burst launchers are NOT compatible with mfb?
what bottom would be better for spin stealing GF of EWD.
which track is better for spin stealng tr145/ed145/ch120
(Oct. 24, 2015  1:45 AM)Zed EX Wrote: Burst launchers are NOT compatible with mfb?

Is this a reply to me?
(Oct. 24, 2015  1:45 AM)Zed EX Wrote: Burst launchers are NOT compatible with mfb?

No, the prongs do not fit at all. They are really not supposed to be compatible.

(Oct. 24, 2015  1:45 AM)username786 Wrote: what bottom would be better for spin stealing GF of EWD.

Hm, personally I would go with EWD and TR145. I have seen those two be more successful. From what I have seen in Burst, I cannot imagine a huge flat tip being able to precess well at all.
(Oct. 24, 2015  2:14 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

No, the prongs do not fit at all. They are really not supposed to be compatible.

(Oct. 24, 2015  1:45 AM)username786 Wrote: what bottom would be better for spin stealing GF of EWD.

Hm, personally I would go with EWD and TR145. I have seen those two be more successful. From what I have seen in Burst, I cannot imagine a huge flat tip being able to precess well at all.

I think the light weight and their inability to maintain a long spin time obviously show that a GF like bottom wouldn't do so well, but is it a good way to show that GF isn't as good? Or was the thing about the wide tip on Burst thing for a different subject?
By the way, TR145 = ED145 for Stamina / spin steal / LAD purposes. The two are more or less interchangeable, though there is a bit of a weight difference (in TR145's favor, I think). I personally think ED145 is a little bit better, but the two both do an excellent job and it's really a close call.
I think she was just comparing her experience with Assault and drawing a conclusion based on that.
(Oct. 23, 2015  11:46 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: My Wyvern Armed Massive came and I'm very happy with it, but what's some tips to using the string launcher? I've tried it several times(this is my first one) and I've just been pulling hard and letting the handle go so there's no slack, but is there a better strategy to launching with it(and one that would carp up my left hand lol) that won't break it?

Based on my experience of MFB launchers, never let go of the handle after ripping it. Instead, guide it as it goes back. I don't know. I feel like I'm destroying the launcher if I let go of it after ripping.

EDIT: Try and try, it comes to a point when you know you are ripping it the hardest (no slack) even though you're not letting go of it. Muscle memory I must say.
(Oct. 24, 2015  5:54 AM)xVaretyr Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2015  11:46 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: My Wyvern Armed Massive came and I'm very happy with it, but what's some tips to using the string launcher? I've tried it several times(this is my first one) and I've just been pulling hard and letting the handle go so there's no slack, but is there a better strategy to launching with it(and one that would carp up my left hand lol) that won't break it?

Based on my experience of MFB launchers, never let go of the handle after ripping it. Instead, guide it as it goes back. I don't know. I feel like I'm destroying the launcher if I let go of it after ripping.

EDIT: Try and try, it comes to a point when you know you are ripping it the hardest (no slack) even though you're not letting go of it. Muscle memory I must say.

It's pretty much mandatory to release the handle if you want a strong launch. The string is just too short to allow otherwise.
Thanks for the advice guys. Since I'm new to this, I'll just let go but once I get better I might be able to know when its too far.