Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Dec. 11, 2014  3:56 PM)天翔翼 TenshouYoku Wrote:
(Dec. 10, 2014  5:22 PM)EDDYAxel Wrote: can anyone teach me how to clear coat a zero g chrome wheel? and if I coat it,will the hole which the orb from the crystal wheel still fit?

There are small but slightly noticable spaces between the hole-and-orb structure, so in case you didnt spam paint onto the whell it should be fine.

BTW, it also wrecks the paint if you try to dry it with oven. Don't risk it.

thanks for the helpful tip
Attack is so different from the other types, but Defense, Stamina, and Balance aren't different. So why are they different types? I know Defense is to withstand attacks and last long, but Stamina does the same thing but gets bounced out easy. And what does balance even do?
(Dec. 14, 2014  5:48 AM)AkioEPC Wrote: Attack is so different from the other types, but Defense, Stamina, and Balance aren't different. So why are they different types? I know Defense is to withstand attacks and last long, but Stamina does the same thing but gets bounced out easy. And what does balance even do?

I think balance combines the aspects of attack,defence,and stamina.
(Dec. 14, 2014  5:54 AM)Shido-kun Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2014  5:48 AM)AkioEPC Wrote: Attack is so different from the other types, but Defense, Stamina, and Balance aren't different. So why are they different types? I know Defense is to withstand attacks and last long, but Stamina does the same thing but gets bounced out easy. And what does balance even do?

I think balance combines the aspects of attack,defence,and stamina.

It tries to, but to me it seems like a worse defense. OR is it stamina I'm thinking of?
They are all extremely different. Stamina is made to spin for a long time, and gets knocked around easily. The whole point of defence is to not get knocked around, and it doesn't spin for a long time.

Balance is a happy medium. In theory, it could spin for a decent amount, but not as long as stamina, take hits, but not as well as defence, and deal damage, but not as well as attack.
(Dec. 14, 2014  5:59 AM)Dual Wrote:
They are all extremely different. Stamina is made to spin for a long time, and gets knocked around easily. The whole point of defence is to not get knocked around, and it doesn't spin for a long time.

Balance is a happy medium. In theory, it could spin for a decent amount, but not as long as stamina, take hits, but not as well as defence, and deal damage, but not as well as attack.

In some sense balance is an all-rounded version of the three (or mostly two of them) extreme types,
but in other means it is so medicore which it doesnt really do any of the three catagories well.
They're different types because they all serve different purposes. Defense can use the same metal wheel as stamina, but will use a different performance tip and often a different spin track, which makes all the difference. Balance usually refers to a combination of two types (usually attack and stamina or stamina and defense). Having a Beyblade that functions well as all three would be pretty difficult.
Attack < Defense < Stamina <.

Attack uses an aggresive tip and metal wheel to KO stamina types. Defense types use rubber tips to grip to the stadium floor and use heavy parts to avoid going out of the stadium. Stamina types use round CW's and MW's and a stamina-based tip to outlast defense types. Balance combine traits of 2 of these types or sometimes three.

Take the combo; Wyvang Dragoon BD145RDF, it combines traits of Attack(Can KO Stamina), Defense(It uses RDF, BD145, and two heavy MW's it can withstand attack), Stamina(It spin-equalizes from other Beyblades and therefore outlasts them). That's why it's a Balance type.

I don't see how these types are similair...
whats the fastest way to dry about 4 layers of thin clear coats? would the hair dryer works? because its been 4 days but the clear coats aren't dry yet.
(Dec. 15, 2014  10:00 PM)EDDYAxel Wrote: whats the fastest way to dry about 4 layers of thin clear coats? would the hair dryer works? because its been 4 days but the clear coats aren't dry yet.

Seriously? Did you apply too much clear coat, or have you been keeping it somewhere damp or something? I don't see how it would not be dry by now... Definitely do not use any external means to dry it, though. That will just ruin it.
Yeah, after working with painting Beyblades for a while, it should never take that long to dry. Like Cake, er, Cool Ranch Tongue_out said, probably used too much.

Best bet is to just keep it in a safe spot until it naturally dries.
(Dec. 16, 2014  4:16 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Yeah, after working with painting Beyblades for a while, it should never take that long to dry. Like Cake, er, Cool Ranch Tongue_out said, probably used too much.

so do I have to re-do the whole thing again?
(Dec. 16, 2014  5:08 AM)EDDYAxel Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2014  4:16 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Yeah, after working with painting Beyblades for a while, it should never take that long to dry. Like Cake, er, Cool Ranch Tongue_out said, probably used too much.

so do I have to re-do the whole thing again?
Read the bolded bit.
i have a question. how should i use attack types effectively in the darkhelm bey stadium. i like using attack types but with barely no way to get a stadium out i have no clue what to do.
Why Is It, That There's Never Anything Beyblade Related Held In The Midwest (Like MN) ? Everything Held By The WBO Always Seems To Be In The Northeast Or South, Almost Never The Midwest. It's Kind Of Disappointing.
(Dec. 16, 2014  3:33 PM)TeamAgroBlast Wrote: Why Is It, That There's Never Anything Beyblade Related Held In The Midwest (Like MN) ? Everything Held By The WBO Always Seems To Be In The Northeast Or South, Almost Never The Midwest. It's Kind Of Disappointing.

All of our tournaments are fan-run, so that unfortunately means that nobody in that region has ever taken the initiative to host an event, or that it is difficult to gather enough people for a tournament.
How flat does RF need to be considered illegal? Also, any pictures for comparison on this matter?
(Dec. 16, 2014  10:42 PM)-Carefree- Wrote: How flat does RF need to be considered illegal? Also, any pictures for comparison on this matter?

I would say half gone or more. Thought I could be completely wrong.
(Dec. 16, 2014  10:42 PM)-Carefree- Wrote: How flat does RF need to be considered illegal? Also, any pictures for comparison on this matter?

If you could post pictures of your own, that'd help to judge it, haha.

Basically, it needs to be fairly flat, have aggressive movement (like the original intentions of the bottom), and mainly function like a "normal" RF (so not just staying dead-center).
(Dec. 16, 2014  3:30 PM)arufareddourufu Wrote: i have a question. how should i use attack types effectively in the darkhelm bey stadium. i like using attack types but with barely no way to get a stadium out i have no clue what to do.

The Darkhelm FX BeyStadium is actually horrible. I own one myself and it ruined some of my bottoms. You can't won with a attack type beyblade in most of Hasbro's stadium, especially this one.
Hey guys long time no see. Ive been getting back into the swing of this and I need to ask, are there any differences between the Hasbro/Takara Facebolts, and are the Hasbro Shogun Bolts lighter than the Stone Faces from Takara? Thanks.
(Dec. 17, 2014  12:05 AM)Yozzoy Wrote: Hey guys long time no see. Ive been getting back into the swing of this and I need to ask, are there any differences between the Hasbro/Takara Facebolts, and are the Hasbro Shogun Bolts lighter than the Stone Faces from Takara? Thanks.

I haven't noticed any difference in terms of weight, size, or quality.
(Dec. 16, 2014  11:37 PM)Leone19 Wrote:

If you could post pictures of your own, that'd help to judge it, haha.

Basically, it needs to be fairly flat, have aggressive movement (like the original intentions of the bottom), and mainly function like a "normal" RF (so not just staying dead-center).
Ah, in that case, I'll get a picture of my RF tomorrow for better judgement.

Judging by what you've said, it sounds like my RF is still legal. I'll still get the picture though... Just to make sure. >. >
hi i know this is probably a noobish question but what are some spin-steal tips. like what makes a good spin stealer. i cant find a guide anywhere. and if possible what works best
(Dec. 18, 2014  2:52 PM)arufareddourufu Wrote: hi i know this is probably a noobish question but what are some spin-steal tips. like what makes a good spin stealer. i cant find a guide anywhere. and if possible what works best

For Spin Stealing or Spin Equalizing, the best competitive bottom is definetly EWD or WD/BWD if you don't own EWD. Meteo L-Drago CH120EWD is one of the bests Limited customizations for Spin Stealing.