[Answered]  Hasbro Attack Drivers

(Feb. 02, 2020  8:44 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2020  8:42 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Worn down spikes maybe?

Just got it for Christmas

I assume its the way u launch it causing a effect similar to (new)unite/merge
(Feb. 06, 2020  4:53 AM)Orpheus Wrote:
(Feb. 02, 2020  8:44 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Just got it for Christmas

I assume its the way u launch it causing a effect similar to (new)unite/merge
No, needle s has been proven to heave spikes jutting out, causing it to always be an attack type, unlike needle.  So yeah, put it on the list
(Feb. 06, 2020  1:12 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2020  4:53 AM)Orpheus Wrote: I assume its the way u launch it causing a effect similar to (new)unite/merge
No, needle s has been proven to heave spikes jutting out, causing it to always be an attack type, unlike needle.  So yeah, put it on the list

But its a defence driver, according to your logic does this mean atomic is an attack type too because of how aggressive it is?
(Feb. 06, 2020  3:19 PM)Orpheus Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2020  1:12 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: No, needle s has been proven to heave spikes jutting out, causing it to always be an attack type, unlike needle.  So yeah, put it on the list

But its a defence driver, according to your logic does this mean atomic is an attack type too because of how aggressive it is?

no, needle is defense. Needle s is shaped diferently, i dont know about atomic
(Feb. 06, 2020  5:25 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Feb. 06, 2020  3:19 PM)Orpheus Wrote: But it's a defense driver, according to your logic does this mean atomic is an attack type too because of how aggressive it is?

No, needle is defense. Needle-S is shaped differently, I don't know about atomic.

While I may not agree to putting Needle-S as an attack driver, it sure does act like one.
Y'all do know that a Driver's type doesn't mean it will always only act that way, right? Atomic is officially classified as a Defense Type Driver but it can tornado stall and Self-KO if hard launched and has some of the best Same-Spin Stamina compared to other Drivers. It's better if you look beyond its typing and test said Drivers to see what they can do and what they can be good at as opposed to only using them in combos that would fall under that type.
Thank You all for the hints. I added Needle-S. I also added a Tier system.

Suggestions for changes on the Tier system are welcome.
(Feb. 01, 2020  11:02 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: I am trying to list all attack drivers from Hasbro (Burst), because I am planning testing some of them.

Can You help me to find the ones I missed? I also try to make a ranking, based on what I read here and the wiki. You may help me to resort the ranking of course.

Because every Slingshock tip is somehow able to attack in SS mode, I only list the real dedicated attack tips.

S-Tier
  1. Hunter(-S)
  2. Xtreme
  3. Iron
  4. Destroy(-S)
A-Tier
  1. Zephyr (stated as balance type)
  2. Jolt(-S)
  3. Volcanic-S 
  4. Hold
B-Tier
  1. Merge
  2. Unite
  3. Accel
  4. Jaggy(-S)
C-Tier
  1. Evolution
  2. Variable
  3. Reboot
  4. Sword-S
  5. Needle-S (stated as defense type)
  6. Impact
  7. Spiral
  8. Quake
I’d say accel to A tier and Hunter to B
Orpheus; while I think about it, I put that proposal to discussion.  I am not yet convinced cause Accel is according to the wiki outclassed by Zephyr
(Feb. 10, 2020  5:50 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Orpheus; while I think about it, I put that proposal to discussion.  I am not yet convinced cause Accel is according to the wiki outclassed by Zephyr

They’re somewhat equal. However, Hasbro’s Accel is smaller than the TT Accel, which would lead it to be outclassed by Hasbro Zephyr.
Well, I put Accel up in A Tier and Zephyr up in S Tier. I put Hunter down to A Tier, because it has a smaller diameter than Xtreme, more stamina but less smash power. I put Hold down in B Tier because it's hard to control.
(Feb. 10, 2020  8:38 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Well, I put Accel up in A Tier and Zephyr up in S Tier. I put Hunter down to A Tier, because it has a smaller diameter than Xtreme, more stamina but less smash power. I put Hold down in B Tier because it's hard to control.

Hunter-S, however, has a larger diameter than xtreme and is also made of softer rubber, which would make it better than xtreme in that aspect.
(Feb. 10, 2020  9:01 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2020  8:38 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Well, I put Accel up in A Tier and Zephyr up in S Tier. I put Hunter down to A Tier, because it has a smaller diameter than Xtreme, more stamina but less smash power. I put Hold down in B Tier because it's hard to control.

Hunter-S, however, has a larger diameter than xtreme and is also made of softer rubber, which would make it better than xtreme in that aspect.

It’s not as aggressive and always ends up in the middle, that’s why it’s not used as much as Xtreme
Do you refer to Hunter-S or Hunter? They work differently. For Hunter I would agree, it's less aggressive and has more stamina. But Hunter-S is comparable aggressive and seems to be the real successor of Xtreme.
(Feb. 11, 2020  10:19 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Do you refer to Hunter-S or Hunter? They work differently. For Hunter I would agree, it's less aggressive and has more stamina. But Hunter-S is comparable aggressive and seems to be the real successor of Xtreme.

I assume regular Hunter, since Hunter-S has a much larger diameter giving it speeds faster than xtreme.