A Proposal to Prevent Spam Bots and Spam Posts

Lately I have noticed that the WBO is receiving a lot more spam then normal. Me and #Fafnir really wanted to help. Here are some ideas we came up with!

Heres the proposal link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uHT_...sp=sharing

Kei ~Mana~ Bey Brad Check this out!
An audio captcha does not seem like a good idea for new members or a good idea at all and the member thing doesn’t seem like it would work at all. There is already a system that works very well, adding more defenses just push away potential new users.
(Oct. 24, 2019  3:31 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: An audio captcha does not seem like a good idea for new members or a good idea at all and the member thing doesn’t seem like it would work at all. There is already a system that works very well, adding more defenses just push away potential new users.

I don’t know about that. Spam bots and posts are annoying and The defense precautions I listed aren’t that uncommon. I’ve seen them on other forums and they work out great!
(Oct. 24, 2019  3:33 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2019  3:31 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: An audio captcha does not seem like a good idea for new members or a good idea at all and the member thing doesn’t seem like it would work at all. There is already a system that works very well, adding more defenses just push away potential new users.

I don’t know about that. Spam bots and posts  are annoying and The defense precautions I listed aren’t that uncommon. I’ve seen them on other forums and they work out great!

I honestly agree. This could be a good idea.
(Oct. 24, 2019  3:35 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2019  3:33 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I don’t know about that. Spam bots and posts  are annoying and The defense precautions I listed aren’t that uncommon. I’ve seen them on other forums and they work out great!

I honestly agree. This could be a good idea.

If I was a new person I wouldn’t do an audio captcha and just leave, and if I couldn’t post very often, I would probably leave.

Also, name one other forum
(Oct. 24, 2019  3:37 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2019  3:35 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: I honestly agree. This could be a good idea.

If I was a new person I wouldn’t do an audio captcha and just leave, and if I couldn’t post very often, I would probably leave.

Also, name one other forum

An audio captcha is only one of the ideas I have. Maybe a beyblade related one would work better! Also I only said 1 THREAD per day. It’s not like most of us post more than 1 thread every day
I also have been talking with UltimateMaster, and we both agree that new users should have to wait a week to post in a thread or post a thread. This is just an idea though.
(Oct. 24, 2019  6:34 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I also have been talking with UltimateMaster, and we both agree that new users should have to wait a week to post in a thread or post a thread. This is just an idea though.

mani already denied this but ok
(Oct. 24, 2019  6:43 PM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2019  6:34 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: I also have been talking with UltimateMaster, and we both agree that new users should have to wait a week to post in a thread or post a thread. This is just an idea though.

mani already denied this but ok

When? I've searched and couldn't find it.
(Oct. 24, 2019  7:56 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2019  6:43 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: mani already denied this but ok

When? I've searched and couldn't find it.

in question about the wbo
(Oct. 24, 2019  9:03 PM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2019  7:56 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: When? I've searched and couldn't find it.

in question about the wbo

Maybe a week is too extreme. Please feed the whole proposal
3 days would probably work UltimateMaster
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:31 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: 3 days would probably work UltimateMaster
I don’t want members to be discouraged tho
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:39 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:31 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: 3 days would probably work UltimateMaster
I don’t want members to be discouraged tho

Maybe an hour would work, idk.
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:40 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:39 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I don’t want members to be discouraged tho

Maybe an hour would work, idk.
idk either
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:41 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:40 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Maybe an hour would work, idk.
idk either

Better idea: We give them a quiz about Beyblades before they can join.
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:43 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:41 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: idk either

Better idea: We give them a quiz about Beyblades before they can join.

Some people that join don’t know much about beyblade
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:46 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:43 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Better idea: We give them a quiz about Beyblades before they can join.

(Oct. 25, 2019  3:46 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2019  3:43 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: Better idea: We give them a quiz about Beyblades before they can join.

We could make it pretty easy.
Spam bots, the rulers of the scam underworld, they have gotten and successfuly phished many people, and now they are heading to the WBO. 

Now I will be honest, I have never seen spam bots like these. But, I have dealt with another kind of spam bot before (Take notes Roblox!), and got an idea on how to stop it. Well it may change the site, but it shall help greatly in making the WBO a better place. 

It is by adding ReCapcha. Ultimate Master had a similar idea, adding ReCapcha would be prime in reducing scams and spam bots. Adding ReCapcha to the login and registering screen would make Spam bots less prone (by a lot) to joining or logging in. Roblox is also expiriencing the same fate, not adding ReCapcha made their site a spam bot breeding ground. So adding ReCapcha would be a great idea.
Honestly, I wish you'd just other thread. So much that I'm going to merge your thread into that one.
I agree with the audio Capcha Idea Ultimate Master, but there is a few downsides and loopholes for it.

A. The bot creater could put in his/her voice for the capcha and record it
B. Kids would not be able to login since parent's may be concered about the audio capcha
C. The scammer may be a real Human (but mostly not)
(Feb. 14, 2020  11:07 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: I agree with the audio Capcha Idea Ultimate Master, but there is a few downsides and loopholes for it.

A. The bot creater could put in his/her voice for the capcha and record it
B. Kids would not be able to login since parent's may be concered about the audio capcha
C. The scammer may be a real Human (but mostly not)

That's why the audio captcha would be different every time.