59.52%
I don't like the format.
4.76%
I would rather have 4D only Format.
7.14%
Turtles are cool.
28.57%
Total: 100% 42 vote(s)
I would Call this Limited Lite, since it is more lenient on the parts allowed.
I really like this idea Grin

The only banlist suggestion I have is to add L-Drago Guardian. Banning Guardian leaves L-Drago Destroy, Meteo, and even Gravity as left-spin Stamina options (Variares isn't really suitable); Meteo and Gravity can get KOed by Attack easily, but L-Drago Guardian is much heavier and has very little recoil. L-Drago Destroy is more aggressive, so it's easier to KO, and makes the combo MF-H L-Drago Guardian/Destroy BD145RDF easier to beat without Flash or Duo around, while still keeping it very competitive.

I don't think Death will be too huge of a problem; and I don't think it needs a ban in this kind of format. It would be strong, but not unbeatable by any means and not unhealthy for the format. While an Attack-heavy meta is healthy (and loads of fun), there does need to be more than just Basalt (and Scythe 85RS, now that I think about it) for Defense. Death is also useful because it handles left-spin nicely on B : D, similar to Duo. Its raw Stamina isn't anywhere near Duo or Phantom, so it shouldn't be too strong on that setup either.

I'm going to think through a hypothetical top-tier list for the format, to see if anything stands out as OP:

Eh, after thinking it through I'm a little on the fence about Death, but unless Death Scorpio becomes a thing, I don't think it quite needs a ban. It's definitely close, and I think the meta could survive without it.

EDIT: I am really overthinking this lol, at least it was fun Tongue_out
(Sep. 15, 2015  9:24 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Has anyone ever considered just straight-up banning Synchrome from Standard? Or just introducing a weight limit?
I personally don't think that would fly just because Zero-G stadiums function very differently from the BB-10 & the like, and banning Synchroms from Standard would wipe out a lot of the popular low track Synchrom combinations that can't be used in Zero-G.

As for Juncction's idea, I'm a little indifferent. it sounds fun and fairly practical, but I don't think the format would be used very often if it were approved. Like Leone19 said, it would really just be setting back the meta, which isn't a bad idea, but we already have three formats (four if you count team) for MFB and the format that's being proposed just doesn't seem worth the effort to me when we already have Limited. But again, it's not a bad idea, and props to OP for putting in the time and effort for this thread.
(Sep. 15, 2015  9:51 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: I would Call this Limited Lite, since it is more lenient on the parts allowed.

Hmm, that's an interesting term, well this format would actually promote the use of more parts actually not saying that some would still be restricted but you're right. This seems pretty much the soft spot of the long played style so I agree with your name to this and view of it.
(Sep. 15, 2015  6:14 PM)juncction Wrote: - Standard [STD]:
Which encompasses no ban list, and allows pretty much any piece in the game. This format is a great format but it is quite heavy and tends to favor stamina and spin equalization.

This is a great idea, but there are several flaws...

Let's start with first and obvious one aside from play factors; there are lots of members, including me, purchasing multiple of those $40 Zero-G Synchrome sets. Me personally, have bought two of each. If you ban synchrome that's $160 I cannot use towards my benefit in the Standard format. I know people like TheBlackDragon(or whatever his new name is, Dragon I think?) have probably bought like 10 of both of those sets or something crazy like that. That's a lot of money spent thats not going toward Standard usage. This may cause people to switch over to Zero-G and not play standard for that reason.

Second reason..., it is not impossible to KO a Defense type in Standard. Attackers such as Wyvang Wyvang or Balro Balro usually can KO defense types in standard. That's not really where the problem lies. The problem is been with Beyblade since its creation. Attack types are always a risk to use. Players do not use them because they are ineffective it's because they are risky. Honestly, there is no one thing that makes Attack a bad choice in a tournament. It's just a risk.

- Limited [LTD]:
Which has a strict ban list, and creates new avenues for strategies and creativity. This format is constantly changing and the ban lists are always rotating for new ideas.

My my biggest issue with the formats however, is that there are a large amount of wheels and pieces that are not represented and not used. Which is why this format is being proposed.
[/quote]

Well, for starters synchromes are already banned in limited, loll. But if you meant Crystal Wheel use I don't think this is a good idea. By no means are the use of Crystal Wheels OP or widely used across the board. There's iirc a select 3 crystal wheels that are actually useful...

(Sep. 15, 2015  6:14 PM)juncction Wrote: Mission:
The creativity is key to this format, and there are many parts that have never really been used with other parts (For example, Basalt e230 or even Variares SA165). By throwing a large amount of possibility in a pool of uncertainty the format can end up being either very volatile or very successful. The ban list can always accommodate for imbalances which is why I am not worried.

So, by banning several metal wheels you want to make the argument that it will allow for more parts to be used? There's some false logic there. By getting rid of stronger parts doesn't necessarily open the door for more choices to use. Honeslty, it hinders it. With synchrome theres actually twice as many options for a good attack custom. (I.e. Wyvang Wyvang can double as Wyvang Balro and still work). But if you go back to the old 4D Beyblades all you're going to use are the top tie parts from the past. Flash and Vari Ares are about the only things you can use...

(Sep. 15, 2015  6:14 PM)juncction Wrote: Ban list:
The ban list is very short, as it aims to promote the most creativity out of the gate, while still being simple and easy to read and understand. These are the things banned in this format. You cannot use these.

The mentality behind such a small ban list, is because it provides ease of reading and simplicity of explaining the format, which is something that has been a difficult thing to do in the limited format for example. My experience with the Limited format is that it's harder to un-ban something than to outright ban it. Which is why everything is pretty much un-banned at the start.

- All Synchromes
This is the basis of the format. It enables players to really explore the game. There was a healthy format before synchrome, and this ban will open up the game once again to older strategies, while promoting newer strategies with the inclusion of Zero-G parts.

- Death Metal Wheel
This wheel is a lot like Duo and has a circular shape and low recoil. It's extremely versatile and can be used with many different setups.

- Diablo Metal Wheel
This wheel is very good and is extremely heavy. It would severely stifle the format as it does everything. The last thing the format needs is a wheel that does everything.

- Duo Metal Wheel
The lowest recoil highest defense wheel in the game hands down. Allowing it in this format would not give any other defense/stamina wheel a chance to be used. It's banning allows wheels like Basalt/Twisted, Phantom, and Scythe to be used.

- Flash Metal Wheel
This wheel was a dominant force before Zero-G, and was too powerful before the release of E230. It's exclusion allows other attack wheels to shine while not subjecting the format to Flash___MF. This gives other attack wheels a chance at being good.

Honestly, this section is completely stupid. Banning all the good parts in a game will just make things less exciting and less innovative. I don't think I feel the need to explain why getting rid of every good part in a system is a bad idea...

Edit: Thunder Dome's posts sums up this exactly...

A weight limit is definitely a terrible idea as well.

Firstly and obviously, every tournament will require an accurate scale to weigh each and every synchrome custom and that's makes things take longer and inefficient.

Second, the weight of attackers are also extremely heavy and usually equal to that of the defenders.

If this were to be a format, Standard and Limited should just be combined into this and annulled. Standard and Limited were different enough for it to not be a problem but this new synchromless format(needs a better name) is hardly different from Standard and it's not much different from Limited either. It just combines both into a gimmicky format this isn't as fun for the "elite" competitive players.
Your post is unnecessarily rude there, calm down a little and try to avoid using such strong language. Constructive criticism, not "completely stupid" and "terrible idea".

The goal here is to open up a potential metagame that allows for some non-traditional combos to be used. In the absence of all the historically super-dominant parts, a lot of second-tier combos and parts can shine. It's really an intermediate format between Limited and Standard - the competitive combos for this format would almost all be banned in Limited, and almost every competitive Standard customization is banned in this format. "Banning all the good parts in a game" is exactly what Limited is - just look at the recent revisions to the ban list - we ditched Libra and Omega, two of the format's best and most popular parts. And yet the format isn't any less exciting and innovative; by removing two extremely dominant parts, it opens up room for other parts to become dominant. It's not a perfect arrangement (Dark Knight has become a huge threat now) but it keeps things lively and interesting. The same would apply for this format - a metagame that is regulated to try and maintain balance and diversity, and is geared towards giving unused parts some love.
Echizen Wrote:This is a great idea, but there are several flaws...

Let's start with first and obvious one aside from play factors; there are lots of members, including me, purchasing multiple of those $40 Zero-G Synchrome sets. Me personally, have bought two of each. If you ban synchrome that's $160 I cannot use towards my benefit in the Standard format. I know people like TheBlackDragon(or whatever his new name is, Dragon I think?) have probably bought like 10 of both of those sets or something crazy like that. That's a lot of money spent thats not going toward Standard usage. This may cause people to switch over to Zero-G and not play standard for that reason.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by not being able to play Standard anymore. The point of this format isn't to get rid of Standard, it's to give other parts a chance of being used. I've bought about 8 of these Synchrome sets and this doesn't take into account the Wyvangs I've bought separate. But I still think it would be interesting to explore what 4D and below can do.

Echizen Wrote:Second reason..., it is not impossible to KO a Defense type in Standard. Attackers such as Wyvang Wyvang or Balro Balro usually can KO defense types in standard. That's not really where the problem lies. The problem is been with Beyblade since its creation. Attack types are always a risk to use. Players do not use them because they are ineffective it's because they are risky. Honestly, there is no one thing that makes Attack a bad choice in a tournament. It's just a risk.

I'm not saying it is impossible to KO a defense type in Standard, I do it pretty often in testing situations. The risk is higher when the weight of a Beyblade increases. And if you stack on the fact that there are reliable opposite spin options it adds even further to the risk since opposing spin can buffer the impact quite a bit. In effect, risk is increased as weight increases, and therefore attack types are used less, and therefore stamina is the best option and used most frequently because they are stronger due to the greatly reduced risk of using stamina. And sure the attack types might be close to the weight of the other Beyblades in Standard, the fact still remains that the weight does indeed favor stamina types and you will have a higher probability of winning with Stamina.

Also, for example, attack types are more so used in Limited because it's the most reliable and consistent way to win as weight isn't an issue and big plastic disks aren't present.

Echizen Wrote:Well, for starters synchromes are already banned in limited, loll. But if you meant Crystal Wheel use I don't think this is a good idea. By no means are the use of Crystal Wheels OP or widely used across the board. There's iirc a select 3 crystal wheels that are actually useful...

Synchromes are banned in Limited, but so are all 4D wheels and a handful of MFB such as Hell/Gravity/Basalt. All of which are very interesting to use and explore with.

Echizen Wrote:So, by banning several metal wheels you want to make the argument that it will allow for more parts to be used? There's some false logic there. By getting rid of stronger parts doesn't necessarily open the door for more choices to use. Honeslty, it hinders it. With synchrome theres actually twice as many options for a good attack custom. (I.e. Wyvang Wyvang can double as Wyvang Balro and still work). But if you go back to the old 4D Beyblades all you're going to use are the top tie parts from the past. Flash and Vari Ares are about the only things you can use...

By banning metal wheels, and allowing a larger selection of them can result in a bigger pool of strategies along with parts that are not used. To quote myself here:

Juncction Wrote:For example, to list a few:

Dual Spin beyblades, Gravity/Variares. There are no allowed/competitive Beyblades in Limited or Standard that have the ability to spin both ways. The mind games involving these are non-existent and could play an interesting role in this format.

Range of weight. Something also to note is how LLDTank, Meteo, and Basalt can all exist within one format and all of them can be considered good and win. Limited and Standard have pretty stable weight tiers that only play within their own weight classes (with very few exceptions).

And the range of exploration. Much like Limited, there are a lot of parts to explore, and 4D didn't really exist within the realms of Zero-G for very long. There really wasn't too much testing or strategy made between 4D and Zero-G parts, and this format could possibly open way to those.

With Synchromes, they're all big round shapes that have massive weight under them. This is why you can pretty much use whatever wheel you want really. Just as long as the main contact points are exposed and is hitting the right height. So for example, you could probably use Genbull Balro __145RF attack against Synchrome E230 defense if you wanted to. It's just a testament to how much of the game has become a matter of weight. Sure it wont be as effective and cover a wide range like Balro Balro or Wyvang Wyvang will... but still...

Echizen Wrote:Honestly, this section is completely stupid. Banning all the good parts in a game will just make things less exciting and less innovative. I don't think I feel the need to explain why getting rid of every good part in a system is a bad idea...

Banning parts that are good is different from banning parts that stifle the creativity. These wheels can be used in a multitude of ways that severely hinders more so the game rather than the use of other wheels themselves. It brings forth the: "Why use A if you can just use B which does what C D and E also do."
Most of the members here are not in the first grade, @[Cake] and I did not say he/she was stupid.

Why go nontradiotnal just to not use the same thing over and over. I think @[Leone19] is right when he says if you are tired or using the same thing then just do a "house ban".

If it's the exact same as Limited then why do we need a new format...? Exactly. "Giving unused parts some love" is a recycled argument from Limited this format is not different hardly at all.

(Sep. 15, 2015  11:04 PM)juncction Wrote:
Echizen Wrote:This is a great idea, but there are several flaws...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by not being able to play Standard anymore. The point of this format isn't to get rid of Standard, it's to give other parts a chance of being used. I've bought about 8 of these Synchrome sets and this doesn't take into account the Wyvangs I've bought separate. But I still think it would be interesting to explore what 4D and below can do.

It greatly discourages playing standard. What tournament organizers would go for Standard when a watered-down version of standard is available. The only thing this really has going for it is that it's more friendly to players with less money to buy expensive parts. Which is the majority of players.
Echizen Wrote:It greatly discourages playing standard. What tournament organizers would go for Standard when a watered-down version of standard is available. The only thing this really has going for it is that it's more friendly to players with less money to buy expensive parts. Which is the majority of players.

This sounds very anti-community if you ask me...

If everyone has very few parts... wouldn't it make more sense to have a larger community of people playing the game at all? Limited allowed so many more people to play the game... and it has created new communities of players.

I like the idea of yielding quality parts, and throwing money at this game because I love it. I've spent thousands on this game. I have so many parts new in box mint so I am always prepared to play... But not everyone has money, and not everyone can buy beyblades at will.

I think that it wouldn't be fair to have a superioristic approach to it. It's great that you feel like parts are power and having a lot is great. But I think we can agree that by proposing a new format, it would promote more players. Right? I think people who want to play standard will still play standard, and this new format, along with limited just opens up a new avenue for new players to join the community and grow.
I understand the Idea but I don't think it will evolve MFB so much. In limited we have a lot of creative thing to do... Like, I came back the Sol Metal Wheel, Back on the road and I will prove its use in my next tournament as well. You may see some tests too in the Limited sub-forum.

The main problem is just a few of us Try something New and come over with new combo never seen before. We are not enough to do it to find all the possibilities that Limited can occured.

In any format we will have some parts never used because their outclassed or its just a flaw or their in the middle like Basalt Hell Gravity etc...

I didn't see the importance to do that format because Ban list of Limited is always changed. the list isn't be final, it evolve with the game play and new combos find.
(Sep. 15, 2015  11:08 PM)Echizen Wrote: Most of the members here are not in the first grade, @[Cake] and I did not say he/she was stupid.

Has nothing to do with whether they're in the first grade. Kindness is not something you grow out of.

This is a friendly community for all ages and the posts here need to reflect that. Thanks!
(Sep. 15, 2015  11:18 PM)juncction Wrote: This sounds very anti-community if you ask me...

It's a fact...

(Sep. 15, 2015  11:18 PM)juncction Wrote: I like the idea of yielding quality parts, and throwing money at this game because I love it. I've spent thousands on this game. I have so many parts new in box mint so I am always prepared to play... But not everyone has money, and not everyone can buy beyblades at will.
Exactly.

(Sep. 15, 2015  11:18 PM)juncction Wrote: I think that it wouldn't be fair to have a superioristic approach to it. It's great that you feel like parts are power and having a lot is great. But I think we can agree that by proposing a new format, it would promote more players. Right? I think people who want to play standard will still play standard, and this new format, along with limited just opens up a new avenue for new players to join the community and grow.
Not if it's just the same as the other two.
(Sep. 15, 2015  11:26 PM)Echizen Wrote: It's a fact...

sounds more like an opinion than a fact really, since if it were then I'd need some hardcore links providing that these are actual facts.

Quote:Exactly.

Pfft, if one stands on a hill, then one is strong enough to stand seeing the flaws of anything below them.

Quote:Not if it's just the same as the other two.

Err not really, you see. instead of placing this as opinion you're charging it as fact which can make you come off as forceful and sort of corrupt. If you don't like the format don't go on and become a raging enemy just say you no likey, then move on.
(Sep. 15, 2015  11:31 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2015  11:26 PM)Echizen Wrote: It's a fact...

sounds more like an opinion than a fact really, since if it were then I'd need some hardcore links providing that these are actual facts.
Really an observation. But what do you think is more likely? Let's say Billy is not using a Wyvang Wyvang custom. But you and him both know that the people who won top 3 last tournament all used it. What's more likely, that his parents doesn't want to spend $80 to buy him the thing he wants or he doesn't want to use it because he doesn't want to win?

Quote:Exactly.

(Sep. 15, 2015  11:31 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Pfft, if one stands on a hill, then one is strong enough to stand seeing the flaws of anything below them.

I am not flawed.

Loll jk, but I am not here to act all superior. I am here to tell you what needs to be said to get things done. If everyone is saying "Oh idk about this new format it looks like it might not work" this is not going anywhere.

Quote:Not if it's just the same as the other two.

Err not really, you see. instead of placing this as opinion you're charging it as fact which can make you come off as forceful and sort of corrupt. If you don't like the format don't go on and become a raging enemy just say you no likey, then move on.
[/quote]

I never said this was fact. This is a mere combination of the two that isn't much different. And I am not raging I am stating my opinion. Smile Maybe saying it was stupid was kind of harsh, I apologize. If that all I say like the most of you(as I mentioned) then nothing will get done.
Who's Billy?

Well at that point, it comes down to personal experience really on the parts you have at hand. While lol I'd argue he should get a job to buy those parts or trade. If he can't do that, he needs to adjust his bey parts and reorganize his custom in a different way so he isn't to easily beat in the next event.

"it's a fact..."

pfft, yeah okay...gonna ignore that...

lol personally I admire a fierce speaker though the stupid thing I'll dismiss critically for personal reasons of course. Just had to confront you on that.
(Sep. 15, 2015  11:04 PM)juncction Wrote: With Synchromes, they're all big round shapes that have massive weight under them. This is why you can pretty much use whatever wheel you want really. Just as long as the main contact points are exposed and is hitting the right height. So for example, you could probably use Genbull Balro __145RF attack against Synchrome E230 defense if you wanted to. It's just a testament to how much of the game has become a matter of weight. Sure it wont be as effective and cover a wide range like Balro Balro or Wyvang Wyvang will... but still...

To me, this seems to overestimate what 4D is. Perhaps that's due to the fact that you and a few of the other proponents of this format registered while Standard is in a Synchrom environment, perhaps not, but to quote what I wrote in the Omega article regarding the metagame it was released in: "But the real problem is the opponents themselves: just as the current Attack wheels are extremely aggressively shaped, the current Defense wheels are heavy and extremely circular, making Omega's modest protrusions less effective, and its light weight more detrimental."

4D was black and white, was good and bad, it was all "big round shapes that have massive weight under them" or Wheels with massive recoil. It was also all "just a testament to how much of the game [had] become a matter of weight," to the point I put MF-H on my Stamina combinations.

4D was a series that either released useless Beyblades or Beyblades that outclassed the previous ones. Aside from niche combinations, you'll only have one real Metal wheel at the top. Basalt can't compete with Death (in Defense), Scythe can't compete with Phantom and VariAres can't compete with Blitz.

4D was a power ramp that ended with Synchrom, a fact that actually makes Synchroms more diverse, because all Synchroms are in a similar weight range. Given, they're ugly chunk of metals, and I detest Chrome Wheels, but that's still the way it is.

Giving Zero-G Tracks and Bottoms to 4D Metal Wheels won't change the fact it was an unbalanced system: pretty and nifty, but unbalanced nonetheless.
(Sep. 15, 2015  11:55 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Who's Billy?

Well at that point, it comes down to personal experience really on the parts you have at hand. While lol I'd argue he should get a job to buy those parts or trade. If he can't do that, he needs to adjust his bey parts and reorganize his custom in a different way so he isn't to easily beat in the next event.
It's an example...

Child Labor laws prevents people under 16 from doing most jobs. Tongue_out

(Sep. 15, 2015  11:31 PM)Meta madness Wrote: "it's a fact..."
Now you're just trying to be right. I was talking about two different things. If you read my post all the way through instead of skimming and skipping you would've known that.

Its not like I called his entire idea stupid. Just the one part about banning OP parts to the point where it's no fun. If I were to call him stupid or the entire idea stupid that would be unjust and stupid of me.

Anyways, this is clogging up the thread and you can just PM me if you want to feed your ego.
(Sep. 16, 2015  12:15 AM)Echizen Wrote: Its not like I called his entire idea stupid. Just the one part about banning OP parts to the point where it's no fun. If I were to call him stupid or the entire idea stupid that would be unjust and stupid of me.

OK, but isn't this part of Limited's philosophy as well? Limited actually bans way more parts than this in an effort to increase competitive diversity, and it seems to be a very popular format.

This goes for everyone in this thread btw: if you can't have a civil conversation on the merits or demerits of this idea, just walk away from the thread.
All I want to say is that this would just be too similar to what it was like before BB-119 was released (all parts proposed to be banned are BB-119+), and I was there then and giving me some Zero-G Tracks and Bottoms would not make much of a difference in terms of enjoyment ... The Limited format is already just a bad blast from the past to me with few Chrome Wheels and Crystal Wheels getting use.

Sure, some of you guys were not there during those moments of our testing history, so I can understand why you would be eager to try it out, but I was, and this is just becoming tiresome hah.

I will leave you to discuss the viability of such a format though, because obviously this community is not just composed of people like me ...
Despite the fact I don't ever go to tournaments, I think a "Synchromless Format" is a great idea because... I'm not going to make a lot of friends saying this but I will say it anyway...

I hate Synchromes

No, I really mean what I said. I hate this synchromes with a passion so I think it's worth a try for people participating in tournaments. Why do I hate synchromes? They are too strong and all around not very fun. I can see why people like them but I can't stand them... especially Wyvang (Yeah, boo me all you guys want).
Wow, thanks for the perspective Kai-V. Really interesting.
Question. Considering I haven't really been to but one tournament, (didn't help that I was studying Plastics at the time) I have no idea what kind of Beyblades people usually play.
Is there anyone that comes to a tournament using something in Standard that is completely unviable? Such as a combo using a Crystal Wheel, or possibly some kid using his super powerful Strom Peegasoous?
I've already seen Basalt used in standard and give some trouble with some person because we don't see it very often. I've already seen Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF places in the top three of a standard format when others have in majority Synchromes. If you are able to play wisely and performing well with old gen MFB you could do some surprise in standard. First time I finished first I used 3 synchromes. just one as top tier and use one time. the other 2 combos never been seen in the tier list and never been tested on the site, and I never lose with them. because no one have already seen that combos so they do not know how to play against. same thing with Death last time. so long time no see the opponent was just confuse and lose. Like in limited. the majority of the time I used non top-tier combination and I still play very well and if I'm not in the top 3 i'm not so far. many thing could play in a win or a lost. to begin with the Blader itself.

(Sep. 16, 2015  1:05 AM)Momohimi Wrote: I can see why people like them but I can't stand them... especially Wyvang (Yeah, boo me all you guys want).

Personnaly I hate Wyvang I can't play with it don't know why but nothing stop me agains Wyvang. It looks Overpowered but not that much.
(Sep. 16, 2015  4:43 PM)Neo Wrote: Question. Considering I haven't really been to but one tournament, (didn't help that I was studying Plastics at the time) I have no idea what kind of Beyblades people usually play.
Is there anyone that comes to a tournament using something in Standard that is completely unviable? Such as a combo using a Crystal Wheel, or possibly some kid using his super powerful Strom Peegasoous?

I got beaten by a Rock Aquario 125B once, it was hilarious. And I know that some people just don't have the parts or experience to make competitive combos - I've helped several people (usually younger or newer Bladers) learn to make and use competitive customizations.
I do the same from my begining in WBO tournament. And it works MTL has more strong blader since last year.