A-24 Driger F First Draft! Approval from Kei Requested!

(Oct. 03, 2011  5:50 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: AR: Cross Fang
Weight: 5g
Cross Fang has four Tiger-like heads with manes corresponding with the Driger motif, forming a reasonably thin and sharp protrusion. Because the protrusions are curved in and because it is very thin, the AR provides very little recoil, and is almost too fragile, and therefore has very little Smash Attack capabilities. However, Driger F does have some use in survival combinationss as it has a very circular shape and has weight equally distributed, but is far from other top-tier ARs such as War Lion (Galeon) and Tiger Defenser (Driger S).

WD: See 8 Balance.

SG: Right SG (Full Auto Clutch Ver.)
The tip is a wide, flat metal tip. There is a metal bearing that can fit into the SG, which acts as a shock absorber. Since the tip is free spinning, the attack speed is dramatically increased, and controlling it is very hard. However, it can be used efficiently with the many different BBs. It has great use in upper attack combinations as well as survival/zombie combinations because of the bearing that can be fitted into the SG casing, but remains outclassed by Wolborg's Bearing SG and Metal Driger's HMC core, respectively.

Using SG Right Full Auto Clutch Ver. in other BBs
The SG can be improperly used in other BBs such as Customize Grip (Dragoon V2), but easily results in scraping and self KOs. Another BB it can fit into SG Bearing Base (Wolborg), but is to tall unless the SP that can be attached onto it is wide enough. An example is Driger V2's SP. Another BB it can fit into would be Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2). All of the above except Customize Grip can be effectively used in powerful upper attack combinations. Here is one example.

Use in Specialized Upper Attack Customization
A popular strategy with Upper Attack is to create a Beyblade that sits in the center of the stadium and allows the other Beyblade to come to it. When it makes contact, it will be lifted, dealt damage and tossed away until it moves back to the center again. This strategy leaves the opponent with nowhere to go, as the opposing Beyblade cannot make contact with you without damaging itself seriously.

This Beyblade combines Attack, Defense and Survival very effectively. It is hard to knock out of the stadium due to its weight and round shape, has good survival and attacks effectively.
AR: Upper Dragoon (Master/Kid Dragoon) OR Triangle Wing (Dranzer GT)
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left SG Free Shaft Ver. (Full Auto Clutch Shaft)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2).

Another option is:

AR:Triple Tiger (Driger G)
SG:Left SG Free Shaft Version (Full Auto Clutch Shaft)(Driger F)
BB:Full Auto Clutch Base (Driger F)

BB: Full Auto Clutch Base
Weight: (Optional)
The BB is, as named, a clutch base with two springs and hooks. At high RPMs, it clutches the tip for extra speed and is forced into attack mode, however is obviously bad for survival types as it would hold the free spinning tip, and therefore ruining the purpose. At low RPMs, the clutch will release, and an attack type bottom would decrease in speed, and quickly start to circle closer near the center of the stadium. This gives an advantage to it as it will give the Beyblade more stamina potential. It is rarely used, but is still very useful in attack combos with the SG.

Other Versions:
Metal Master ver. (Hasbro)
Clear Yellow
Clear Purple
Clear Red
White Version

Overall:
This beyblade has two useful parts, the BB and SG. Both are very interesting and have a useful gimmick, and can almost match up to the top Attack type BBs. Every Blader Should own at least one of this Beyblade.

It's not outclassed by HMC in a number of combo's, but excellent rewrite.

"Using SG Right Full Auto Clutch Ver. in other BBs
The SG can be improperly used in other BBs such as Customize Grip (Dragoon V2), but easily results in scraping and self KOs. Another BB it can fit into SG Bearing Base (Wolborg), but is to tall unless the SP that can be attached onto it is wide enough. An example is Driger V2's SP. Another BB it can fit into would be Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2). All of the above except Customize Grip can be effectively used in powerful upper attack combinations. Here is one example."

Needs to be rewritten still, poor English tbh.

"Use in Specialized Upper Attack Customization
A popular strategy with Upper Attack is to create a Beyblade that sits in the center of the stadium and allows the other Beyblade to come to it. When it makes contact, it will be lifted, dealt damage and tossed away until it moves back to the center again. This strategy leaves the opponent with nowhere to go, as the opposing Beyblade cannot make contact with you without damaging itself seriously."

No beyblade of this sort is listed, both beys use the FAC shaft and thus move extremely quickly. The descriptiion of the combo following it isn't really adequate either, it's not that hard to KO with a grip attacker.

(Oct. 09, 2011  10:55 PM)th!nk Wrote: It's not outclassed by HMC in a number of combo's, but excellent rewrite.

"Using SG Right Full Auto Clutch Ver. in other BBs
The SG can be improperly used in other BBs such as Customize Grip (Dragoon V2), but easily results in scraping and self KOs. Another BB it can fit into SG Bearing Base (Wolborg), but is to tall unless the SP that can be attached onto it is wide enough. An example is Driger V2's SP. Another BB it can fit into would be Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2). All of the above except Customize Grip can be effectively used in powerful upper attack combinations. Here is one example."
Yeah after noticing that I just re-wrote the same combos as he had written at the bottom I was like " GUH OMG -go on to overall-

Quote:"Use in Specialized Upper Attack Customization
A popular strategy with Upper Attack is to create a Beyblade that sits in the center of the stadium and allows the other Beyblade to come to it. When it makes contact, it will be lifted, dealt damage and tossed away until it moves back to the center again. This strategy leaves the opponent with nowhere to go, as the opposing Beyblade cannot make contact with you without damaging itself seriously."

No beyblade of this sort is listed, both beys use the FAC shaft and thus move extremely quickly. The descriptiion of the combo following it isn't really adequate either, it's not that hard to KO with a grip attacker.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Master_Dragoon
idk who wrote that, but it was akseptd. :V
Serious
I know it's somewhat mentioned that the AR is "fragile", but I don't think that quite says it, tbh - I've got five of these ARs, four of which are broken(and broke very quickly under fairly regular use). Three of the broken ones were Hasbro, one was TT. The unbroken one is also TT.

It likes to stress right underneath the primary contact points adjacent to the Bit Chip slot, and will often catastrophically fracture there, too.
I'm not to sure that this info is to necessary, and that it is fragile is ok Smile
Really? I'm not entirely certain... if someone were looking to purchase and use that AR, I think they'd really like to know exactly how prone it is to breaking, and where to look for stress marks.

Just my opinion, though.
That should definitely be mentioned. Bold the words "very fragile".
(Oct. 09, 2011  11:15 PM)Hazel Wrote: I know it's somewhat mentioned that the AR is "fragile", but I don't think that quite says it, tbh - I've got five of these ARs, four of which are broken(and broke very quickly under fairly regular use). Three of the broken ones were Hasbro, one was TT. The unbroken one is also TT.

It likes to stress right underneath the primary contact points adjacent to the Bit Chip slot, and will often catastrophically fracture there, too.

Include this, please, I wasn't sure because I'd not owned a real one till recently, but it looked fragile to me and I'd seen and heard of many breaking. Hazel has basically just given all the evidence we need, it should be made *very* clear that this is a very fragile piece

Dan: Read the combo: SG: Right SG (Bearing Version) (Wolborg)
That's Wolborg's SG, not Right SG Free Shaft Ver (Dranzer S) with Full Auto Clutch Shaft (Driger F). Wolborgs shaft *is* stationary, FAC is definitely not.

it also comes in the hasbro hyperblade edition, half silver and half metallic green
(Oct. 10, 2011  1:29 PM)th!nk Wrote: Dan: Read the combo: SG: Right SG (Bearing Version) (Wolborg)
That's Wolborg's SG, not Right SG Free Shaft Ver (Dranzer S) with Full Auto Clutch Shaft (Driger F). Wolborgs shaft *is* stationary, FAC is definitely not.

oic. I don't have Driger F and when it was implied this could be used in place of wolborg's SG I was like 'lolk insert comboz'
Respecting that rule brought up by BBS' attitude, I'm posting my article here:
Dan Wrote:AR: Cross Fang
Weight: 5g
The Cross Fang Attack Ring depicts four symmetrical tiger heads forming an overall thin design with prominent protrusions. Though these heads are prominent enough to make adequate contact independently, it suffers from a large amount of recoil and is very fragile, making it practically unusable for Smash Attack. This recoil and fragility also hinders any of its ability in Stamina and Defense despite its proper weight distribution. This wheel is not to be used competitively under any circumstance.

WD: See 8 Balance.

SG: Right SG (Full Auto Clutch Ver.)
The tip is a wide and free spinning flat metal tip containing a bearing which allows for a lot of fast movement and adequate survivability. Though it is very difficult to control, it has great use in Upper Attack combinations as it has extremely fast movement, but it also has enough Survival to deliver decent hits even as it's slowing down.

Using SG Right Full Auto Clutch Ver. in other BBs
The Shaft of the SG can be used in the following casings, in addition to its own: SG (Free Shaft Ver), in which if spins freely, along with Double Bearing Core Casings, and SG (Bearing Ver. 2) Casings, in both of which it is fixed in place. The SG (Free Shaft Ver.) casings are the only ones which are at a useable height for competitive use.

In SG (Free Shaft Ver.), the SG is short enough for combinations to make effective contact, and as it may be used with Customise Bearing Base, and Defense Grip Base 2, amongst others, it can be used in a variety of attack customisations.

=== Use in [[Smash Attack]] Customisation ===
The excellent speed of this tip, alongside its compatibility with Customise Bearing Base, which can use SPs, allows the creation of powerful Smash Attack Customisations.
Here is one such combination:

AR: Triple Tiger (Driger G)
SG: Right SG (Free Shaft Ver.) (Dranzer S)
SG Shaft: Full Auto Clutch Shaft (Driger F)
SP: Survivor Ring (Dark Series)
BB: Customise Bearing Base (Burning Kerberous)

=== Use in [[Upper Attack]] Customisation ===
Due to the ability to use SP, the combination of the Full Auto Clutch shaft and Customise Bearing Base can make effective use of Driger V2’s AR and SP combination to create strong upper attack:

AR: Upper Claw (Driger V2)
WD: 10 Heavy
SP: Upper Attack SP (Driger V2)
BB: Customise Bearing Base (Burning Kerberous)

=== Use [[Upper Attack]]/[[Spin Stealing]] Customisation ===
Another notable combination that makes use of the low height, decent stamina, and bearing support of this particular setup is a rather unorthodox Upper Attack/Spin Stealing combo, which, despite being in the opposite spin direction to most opponents, still exhibits powerful upper attack against them (arguably more powerful than it does against same-spin opponents), focusing less on creating large amounts of lift and more on using smaller amounts of lift more efficiently to score easier KOs.
It also boasts decent ability to steal spin due to a free-spinning shaft, relatively circular shape, and good weight distribution. This, along with the destabilising properties of its upper attack, allows it to succeed where many other attack combinations would fail.
The combination is as follows:

AR: Triangle Wing (Dranzer GT) or Upper Dragoon (Master Dragoon/Kid Dragoon)
BB: Defense Grip Base 2 (Wolborg 2)

BB: Full Auto Clutch Base
Weight: (Optional)
The BB is, as named, is a clutch base with two springs and hooks. At high RPMs, it clutches the tip for extra speed and force. At low RPMs, the clutch will release, and an attack type bottom would decrease in speed, and quickly start to circle closer near the center of the stadium. This BB is by no means competitively viable and should not be chosen over BBs like Defense Grip Base 2.

Other Versions:
Metal Master ver.
Hyperblade ver.
Clear Yellow
Clear Purple
Clear Red
White Version

Overall:
This Beyblade provides you with a very unorthodox shaft which is very much Attack-oriented and provides insurmountable speed. The rest leaves much to be desired, but the shaft does make up for it. Every blader should own this Beyblade after obtaining other staple Attack parts.

I might have messed up the order, so check it over haha.
By the way, there's an explanation of why that last combo is upper attack and how and why it works so well over in the Wolborg 2 rewrite thread. At least use it before arguing.

Oh, the recolours need to be clarified as to where they're from, this will help: worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Random-Booster-Plastic-Contents-List

Lastly, the speed of the tip is great, but the additional traction of grip base and SG grip change, and probably cgb mean they're faster, so the speed is surmountable :p It has better stamina though and free spin depending on casings.

You also did the "little to be desired" thing again, hah.

You were a bit harsh on the base, particularly in free spin. It's not the bases fault it stops as the other combos are all permanently free spinning.

It's a very good draft. When I get home I'll suggest some reworks but honestly, it's pretty darned good as is. You have learnt quickly, young one.
Found the info I was looking for on Damashii about the purpose of the base.

Apparently, the point of the design is to beat "attack only" beyblades, by either knocking them out of the ring, or, if that fails, by outspinning them.

Don't know if it's worth mentioning, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow I guess.
So something like Anti-Attack..?

I'd vouch for some completely rubber tips over Driger F for that use, hahaha.

Do so, but I'd be wary of proclaiming it's amazing, untouchable ability.
Of course, I'm just saying that's apparently "supposed" to be the point of it, hah. I still think it's pretty average but I like to try things in plastics before I dismiss them, because there are a whole bunch of absolutely insane combinations that actually work.
Some errors, otherwise good.
I fixed the everything except the "a decent", "would vs will decrease" and the discrepancy between it and are in the AR section.

Mainly because the way the first two seem fine as is and the discrepancy reads fine to me.. Perhaps it is just because that is how I write so I would obviously see nothing wrong with it but feed back from another person on the matter would be good too.

Sorry it took me so long.
Here we go, a few tweaks to make it flow better. Again, a very solid draft and a pleasure to work with, I just rephrased it a little, and made some very minor corrections. Should be good to go now.

Quote:{{Beybox
| image = Driger-F.jpg
| full item name = Driger Fang
| item number = A-24
| beyblade system = [[5-Layer]]
| beyblade type = [[Balance]]
}}

__TOC__

== Attack Ring (AR): Cross Fang ==
*Weight: 5g
Cross Fang's relatively thin design depicts four symmetrical tiger heads, with large protrusions tailing them. Though these protrusions are prominent enough to make adequate contact in right spin, Cross Fang suffers from a large amount of recoil and is very fragile, making it practically unusable for [[Smash Attack]]. This recoil and fragility also hinders any possible ability in [[Stamina]] and [[Defense]], despite its fairly even weight distribution, and as such it has no competitive use.

== Weight Disk (WD): ==
See [[Balance Weight Disks|8 Balance]]

== Spin Gear (SG): Right SG (Full Auto Clutch Ver.) ==
The tip is a wide and free spinning flat metal tip containing a bearing which allows fast movement and adequate survival ability. Though it is difficult to control, the high speed and decent stamina means it finds use in both [[Smash Attack]] and [[Upper Attack]], being able to deliver hard hits even during later stages of battle.

=== Using the Full Auto Clutch Shaft in other Casings and Bases ===
The Shaft of the SG can be used in the following casings, in addition to its own: [[Dranzer S|SG (Free Shaft Ver)]], in which if spins freely, along with [[Burning Kerberous|Double Bearing Core]] Casings, and [[Wolborg 2|SG (Bearing Ver. 2)]] Casings, in both of which it is fixed in place. The SG (Free Shaft Ver.) casings are the only ones which are at a useable height for competitive use.

In SG (Free Shaft Ver.), the SG is short enough for combinations to make effective contact, and as it may be used with [[Burning Kerberous|Customize Bearing Base]], and [[Wolborg 2|Defense Grip Base 2]], amongst others, it can be used in a variety of [[Attack]] customizations.

=== Use in [[Smash Attack]] Customization ===
The excellent speed of this tip, alongside its compatibility with Customise Bearing Base, which can use SPs, allows the creation of powerful Smash Attack Customizations.
Here is one such combination:

* '''AR:''' Triple Tiger ([[Driger G]])
* '''WD:''' [[Wide Defense]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG (Free Shaft Ver.)]] ([[Dranzer S]])
* '''SG Shaft:''' Full Auto Clutch Shaft ([[Driger F]])
* '''SP:''' Survivor Ring ([[Dark Series]])
* '''BB:''' Customize Bearing Base ([[Burning Kerberous]])

=== Use in [[Upper Attack]] Customization ===
Due to the ability to use SP, the combination of the Full Auto Clutch shaft and Customise Bearing Base can make effective use of [[Driger V2]]’s AR and SP combination to create strong upper attack:

* '''AR:''' Upper Claw ([[Driger V2]])
* '''WD:''' [[Heavy Weight Disks|10 Heavy]]
* '''SG:''' [[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right SG (Free Shaft Ver.)]] ([[Dranzer S]])
* '''SP:''' Upper Attack SP ([[Driger V2]])
* '''BB:''' Customize Bearing Base ([[Burning Kerberous]])

=== Use [[Upper Attack]]/[[Spin Stealing]] Customisation ===
Another notable combination which makes use of the low height, decent stamina, and bearing support of this particular setup is a rather unorthodox Upper Attack/Spin Stealing combo, which, despite being in the opposite spin direction to most opponents, still exhibits powerful [[Upper Attack]] against them (arguably more powerful than it does against same-spin opponents), focusing less on creating large amounts of lift and more on using smaller amounts of lift more efficiently, to score easier KOs.
It also boasts decent ability to steal spin due to a free-spinning shaft, relatively circular shape, and good weight distribution. This, along with the destabilising properties of its upper attack, allows it to succeed where many other attack combinations would fail. As such, combined with a good launch, it is an incredibly dangerous and versatile combination.
The combination is as follows:

* '''AR:''' Triangle Wing ([[Dranzer GT]]) or Upper Dragoon ([[Master Dragoon]]/[[Kid Dragoon]])
* '''WD:''' [[Wide Defense]]
* '''BB:''' Defense Grip Base 2 ([[Wolborg 2]])

== Blade Base (BB): Full Auto Clutch Base ==
*Weight: 15g (with SG (Full Auto Clutch))

The Blade Base is, as named, a clutch base with two springs and hooks. The only practical use of this base is with SG (Full Auto Clutch). At high RPMs, it clutches the tip for extra speed and force. At low RPMs, the clutch releases, causing a decrease in speed, and causing the beyblade to circle closer near the center of the stadium. However, the poor shape of the base, combined with the fact the gimmick trades off a significant amount of stamina for a relatively minor gain in aggression, means it does not have any real competitive use.

== Other Versions ==
* '''Driger F''' - [[Metal Master]] Version (Silver)
* '''Driger F''' - [[Hyperblade]] Version (Light Green/Silver-Green)
*'''Driger F''' - Clear Version - Shogakukan (Manga) Lottery Special
* '''Driger F''' - Clear Purple - Beyblade TCG Campaign
* '''Driger F''' - Clear Red - Expert Event Recolor
* '''Driger F''' - Clear Yellow - Fukubasho 2002 Recolor
* '''Driger F''' - White Version - Beybooster F

== Overall ==
The main draw of this Beyblade is its unique shaft, which is not only provides extremely fast movement, but also has decent [[Survival]] ability. While the rest of this Beyblade leaves a lot to be desired, the shaft is more than enough to make up for it. '''Every blader should own this Beyblade, albeit after obtaining other staple [[Attack]] parts.'''

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

Should be good to go. Might be able to get you a weight for the base without the SG at some point.

Oh, there was one minor thing, while the only practical tip for the base is Full Auto Clutch, it can fit SG (Free Shaft Ver.) the clutch doesn't really work properly though, and it's just a terrible, terrible idea, so I only spoke about it in terms of being used with the normal shaft. Also clarified why it's not useful.
carp retentive other versions guy here:

Clear Yellow - This is from the 2002 Fukobako Booster.
Clear Purple - I remember it but I have no idea where it's from.
Clear Red - Is it this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beyblade-TAKAR...35b5a1e353
White - Um never heard of a white one. You sure you don't mean the one from Random booster F which is mostly and white and some grey?
A clear red one certainly exists, as the image of the SG on the site with the weights of plastic parts has it in clear red.

I'd not be surprised if the white ver. meant that (man, driger s/f got such a lame recolour in their respective random boosters...)

Oh, googling also brought up something about a "crystal ver.", which generally means a completely clear one. Any info? Don't think I've seen one but I find driger F recolours in general quite forgettable.
If you guys could try and hunt down this unknown red one, as well as get pictures, I think this article is fine.
I'm 95% sure the one I linked on ebay is that one. Mainly since I know all the others and none of them come in starter form(apart from possibly the purple one). I really don't think we need pics of it since it's normal procedure just to mention the other versions which are very rare(or expensive in this case). It's ready but the other versions will need to have the detailed info I added on.