3rd Beyblade Burst series: "Super Z" [超ゼツ, Chouzetsu]

(Mar. 30, 2018  4:12 PM)Skuldless Wrote: Maybe they don't want to eclipse yet the god gen and give us better releases by power/weight creeping and balancing the next month releases

Hmm, that is an interesting thought. 12 really is rather shoddy on their part, though. I mean, I'd like to think they didn't purposely intend to damage beys.

I suppose that might be a reason why we're seeing a delay of gimmicks.

But yeah, the level chip may also be a factor here. It's already included in the instructions when it's not even out yet.

For anyone who missed it earlier, about the level chip in the instructions:

(Mar. 20, 2018  5:01 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: [Image: bDZnCjI.jpg]
I'm very curious about this but is there a reason people don't want Super Z to outclass the god series?? It's gonna happen anyways lol
(Mar. 30, 2018  4:26 PM)KnightPro Wrote: I'm very curious about this but is there a reason people don't want Super Z to outclass the god series?? It's gonna happen anyways lol

I don't think it's that people don't want Super Z to outclass the God series as much as they're worried about how fast their current parts will go obsolete. You know, it's a bummer if the first beys make it that you have to buy totally new ones.

Of course, buying new ones is inevitable, but if it's like, "You have to buy new ones now, right away, else don't bother playing," that can be a real turn off, you know?
While I don't think that Super Z are poorly designed, I would say there always actually a problem with the execution..
12 disc just justifies this. It is an awesome design, but if TT had given it more time and thought about it, maybe it would have have turned out better.
There is a important reason for that:

Because money

I mean that is a marketing technique used in all series, if they want fresh ideas for beyblades they can't apply it in the first releases of a new season
(Mar. 30, 2018  4:32 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2018  4:26 PM)KnightPro Wrote: I'm very curious about this but is there a reason people don't want Super Z to outclass the god series?? It's gonna happen anyways lol

I don't think it's that people don't want Super Z to outclass the God series as much as they're worried about how fast their current parts will go obsolete. You know, it's a bummer if the first beys make it that you have to buy totally new ones.

Of course, buying new ones is inevitable, but if it's like, "You have to buy new ones now, right away, else don't bother playing," that can be a real turn off, you know?

it’s a turn off for some
but a turn on for others 

either way, that scenario has been the defacto standard for many years:

new series = new levels of performance right away

that’s not the case with super-z

—-

of course the future holds possible solutions for every problem...

but that doesn’t explain existing/potential 12 issue, which is a bonefied PR disaster even at beyblade’s limited scale
(Mar. 30, 2018  5:25 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2018  4:32 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I don't think it's that people don't want Super Z to outclass the God series as much as they're worried about how fast their current parts will go obsolete. You know, it's a bummer if the first beys make it that you have to buy totally new ones.

it’s a turn off for some
but a turn on for others 

—-

but that doesn’t explain 12, which is a bonefied PR disaster even at beyblade’s limited scale

Fair enough. It's just my guess that those who seemed concerned about Super Z fall into the former category, that's all, whether it's a standard or not. You can say they're just not with the program, but until they are, I imagine the feelings are there.

Yeah, 12 is an issue. With as quickly as it deals out damage, it's hard to believe any reasonable amount of testing was done. That's pretty concerning.
(Mar. 30, 2018  5:25 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2018  4:32 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I don't think it's that people don't want Super Z to outclass the God series as much as they're worried about how fast their current parts will go obsolete. You know, it's a bummer if the first beys make it that you have to buy totally new ones.

it’s a turn off for some
but a turn on for others 

—-

but that doesn’t explain existing/potential 12 issue, which is a bonefied PR disaster even at beyblade’s limited scale

you are the only person here who claims the new beys aren't strong, literally repeating it again and again without any evidence
(Mar. 30, 2018  6:05 PM)Limetka Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2018  5:25 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: it’s a turn off for some
but a turn on for others 

—-

you are the only person here who claims the new beys aren't strong, literally repeating it again and again without any evidence

i’m not saying they are not strong. 

they are strong and can beat lots of things. 

however, i don’t see the current competitive game as being changed by current super-z. 

further, you may think i’m the only one pointing this out

but i’d ask you to point out who *is* proving these current super-z beys change the competitive landscape?

—- 

i love TT beys and EMS’d 6 super-z beys as a preorder. and i buy every bey whether it’s competitive or not. 

so please do not misunderstand me as a super-z hater :)

also, i reserve the right to be wrong about current super-z beys, in fact i’d be happy about it.
(Mar. 30, 2018  6:51 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 30, 2018  6:05 PM)Limetka Wrote: you are the only person here who claims the new beys aren't strong, literally repeating it again and again without any evidence

i’m not saying they are not strong. 

they are strong and can beats lots of things. 

however, i don’t see the current competitive game as being changed current super-z. 

further, you may think i’m the only one pointing this out

but i’d ask you to point out who *is* proving these current super-z beys change the competitive landscape?

—- 

i love TT beys and EMS’d 6 super-z beys as a preorder. and i buy every bey whether it’s competitive or not. 

so please do not misunderstand me as a super-z hater Smile

also, i reserve the right to be wrong about current super-z beys, in fact i’d be happy about it.
yeah I guess you're right.. I just think that there's not even close to enough testing done to just write them off.
I'm not sure if making the level chip a tournament exclusive is a good idea. This just alienates the majority of their customers. Hopefully TT will agree to release the level chip as a part of another beyblade set.
(Mar. 31, 2018  1:50 PM)Bastillon Wrote: I'm not sure if making the level chip a tournament exclusive is a good idea. This just alienates the majority of their customers. Hopefully TT will agree to release the level chip as a part of another beyblade set.
They'll prob release it in a "level up" set. 
I'd assume it'd come with wV,zA,eF and three level chips in blue (wV),red (zA), black (eF)
(Mar. 31, 2018  2:19 PM)K1D Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2018  1:50 PM)Bastillon Wrote: I'm not sure if making the level chip a tournament exclusive is a good idea. This just alienates the majority of their customers. Hopefully TT will agree to release the level chip as a part of another beyblade set.
They'll prob release it in a "level up" set. 
I'd assume it'd come with wV,zA,eF and three level chips in blue (wV),red (zA), black (eF)

It would be cool if they include it in random colors on a RBV

Opaque colors on sets, rbv, etc and traslucent as a tournament prize
(Mar. 30, 2018  4:32 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:

Maybe people don't want Super-Z to outclass God because the rest of the world isn't even halfway through the God line to begin with? Not everyone is willing to/has the money to throw $30 at every new bey that TT releases.

There's quite a few people that only use/can afford Hasbro, myself included. But what's the point in waiting for Hasbro to finish releasing the God series if it's already a season behind, AND it's no longer viable?
(Apr. 01, 2018  3:03 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Maybe people don't want Super-Z to outclass God because the rest of the world isn't even halfway through the God line to begin with? Not everyone is willing to/has the money to throw $30 at every new bey that TT releases.

There's quite a few people that only use/can afford Hasbro, myself included. But what's the point in waiting for Hasbro to finish releasing the God series if it's already a season behind, AND it's no longer viable?

People who choose Hasbro, for whatever reason it is, should consider sticking to a Hasbro-only format so they don't have to worry about TT.

Because yeah, it's not worth stressing over TT if TT is too much or you just don't/can't have it. You focus on what you can do and what you can control.
(Apr. 01, 2018  4:05 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2018  3:03 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Maybe people don't want Super-Z to outclass God because the rest of the world isn't even halfway through the God line to begin with? Not everyone is willing to/has the money to throw $30 at every new bey that TT releases.

People who choose Hasbro, for whatever reason it is, should consider sticking to a Hasbro-only format so they don't have to worry about TT.

Because yeah, it's not worth stressing over TT if TT is too much or you just don't/can't have it. You focus on what you can do and what you can control.

Except for the part where you can't control what format the tournament is in...
(Apr. 01, 2018  3:03 AM)BladerGem Wrote:

Maybe people don't want Super-Z to outclass God because the rest of the world isn't even halfway through the God line to begin with? Not everyone is willing to/has the money to throw $30 at every new bey that TT releases.

Smaller children don’t know to get on Amazon and import it from Japan, they just see it in Walmart and beg their parents for it. In my opinion that’s all Hasbro is for - younger targets.
(Apr. 01, 2018  8:28 AM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2018  4:05 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: People who choose Hasbro, for whatever reason it is, should consider sticking to a Hasbro-only format so they don't have to worry about TT.

Except for the part where you can't control what format the tournament is in...

You can't control the format someone else does, that is true, but you aren't powerless entirely. Instead, you make the effort to get a Hasbro-only tournament going. Whoever runs the standard tournament might be willing to help out.

If I end up organizing tournaments (because my area has none) and find out there are a number of Hasbro bladers who are interested, I would help organize Hasbro-only tournaments. I hope I can have spare TT beys for people to borrow regardless, but yeah. But I have some things to sort out before I get that far ahead in planning. Can't get ahead of myself.

I'm not going to treat Hasbro bladers as a lesser, and I'd like to hope there is similar back to TT buyers like myself. If we can be cool all around, we're all good and all happy.

But sometimes if you want something done, you do have to do it yourself.
(Apr. 02, 2018  4:37 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2018  8:28 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Except for the part where you can't control what format the tournament is in...

You can't control the format someone else does, that is true, but you aren't powerless entirely. Instead, you make the effort to get a Hasbro-only tournament going. Whoever runs the standard tournament might be willing to help out.

In my country tournaments are organized by toys store chain which sells Hasbro products. Takara is not prohibited, but rarely used because not sold here.
I did buy some of Takara beyblades online, but pushing my son not to use them at tournaments because of respecting organizer's advertising intentions.
(Apr. 02, 2018  12:35 PM)iiggoor Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2018  4:37 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: You can't control the format someone else does, that is true, but you aren't powerless entirely. Instead, you make the effort to get a Hasbro-only tournament going. Whoever runs the standard tournament might be willing to help out.

In my country tournaments are organized by toys store chain which sells Hasbro products. Takara is not prohibited, but rarely used because not sold here.
I did buy some of Takara beyblades online, but pushing my son not to use them at tournaments because of respecting organizer's advertising intentions.

cmon man. it’s your call to make, and i respect your principled approach,

but i’m not sure if placing the store’s perceived intentions over anything else is a good idea. 

if the store felt strongly about it, they would ban TT. 

they run a business, so they don’t have a choice other than following their business model. 
therefore if TT is not banned, it’s been determined they want TT customers coming (probably because those same folks are hasbro customers also). 

you are the expert in raising your child, i’m just giving an outside opinion and i’d be reluctant to leave TT beys at home on tournament day.
(Apr. 02, 2018  1:13 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: ... but i’m not sure if placing the store’s perceived intentions over anything else is a good idea.

Oh, he does use TT sometimes, it's just pushing in general, to use Hasbro if there is combo good enough for safe battle ;)
Last tournament was played on working day so he went there without me, and won by Takara dF.

(Apr. 02, 2018  1:13 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: ... and i’d be reluctant to leave TT beys at home on tournament day.

Sure, especially because Takara series are way ahead of Hasbro, and even those beyblades which are released are late here. I've seen Hasbro A2 in stores month ago. G3 and W3 did not arrive yet, so Takaras are must have ;)
chouzetsu means super tongue guys thats what google said
(Apr. 02, 2018  4:19 PM)Naruto 1 Wrote: chouzetsu means super tongue guys thats what google said

Who is this magnificent Google you speak about? I must meet him and see what he has to say about translations
(Apr. 02, 2018  4:19 PM)Naruto 1 Wrote: chouzetsu means super tongue guys thats what google said
I think the meaning of Chouzetsu was clarified and cleared way back.. it means "Transcendence" or "excellence". 
And Let's stop believing everything Google Translate says... it gets confused a lot! 

But can you prove it? Basically what Suhasini said.

I'm not a native Japanese speaker, but I prove everything I claim as best as I can. I think if a lot of people backed up what they said, we'd avoid some silly-ness.

The word is 超絶, but in most scenarios TT writes it as 超Z if not in Roman characters as Cho-Z.

(超Z is to 超絶 as Super R is to Superior, if that's a helpful comparison. It's a sort of play on words and letters.)

(Apr. 02, 2018  12:35 PM)iiggoor Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2018  4:37 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: You can't control the format someone else does, that is true, but you aren't powerless entirely. Instead, you make the effort to get a Hasbro-only tournament going. Whoever runs the standard tournament might be willing to help out.

What RedPanda2 said aside, no, a store probably isn't going to help you there, that's true. But at the end of the day, if you want a Hasbro-only tournament when there isn't one, it comes down to you having to put in the effort to help make it happen.

I have 0 tournaments in my area, and I know I'm going to have to put in some work. I mean, I can hope someone else does it automatically, but it's not something to count on.