Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F

The idea behind this combo is to create a spin equalizing combo that can KO BD145 and destabilize E230, while OSing RB, RS, and sometimes CS. Dragooon provides left spin and allows you to use Wyvang in left spin. Wyvang gives great smash to KO BD145. SA165(Zero-G Attack Mode)gives extra weight, a great height for this combo, and doesn't cover any contact points. R2F is used to maintain grip and speed. RF and LRF work as well.

The Launch: When launching this combo, you need to use a wider launch, similar to the launch required for Killerken Dragooon DF105 LRF. This gives you the ability to destablize beys up to the TR and out while still being able to smash.

Tests Vs. Attack:Wyvang Dragooon served well as an anti-attacker in my informal tests against Flash, but I still need to find someone else to test this with.

Tests Vs. Defense: The only defense bottoms that can OS this are CS and RDF. RDF has more defense, so all my tests will be against it. Testing against stuff like RS would just be pointless.

Standard Procedure
Defense Types Launched 90%

Wyvang Dragooon SA165(Zero-G Attack Mode)R2F vs MSF Revizer Revizer BD145 RDF
Dragooon:13 Wins(All KO)
Revizer:7 Wins(All OS)
Wyvang Dragooon Win Rate:65%

Wyvang Dragooon SA165(Zero-G Attack Mode)R2F vs MSF Revizer Revizer E230 RDF
Dragooon:18 Wins(All KO)
Revizer:2 Wins(All OS)
3 Ties
Wyvang Dragooon Win Rate:90%

Wyvang Dragooon SA165(Zero-G Attack Mode)R2F vs MSF Revizer Revizer 85 RDF
Dragooon:12 Wins(All KO)
Revizer:8 Wins(6 OS,2 KO)
Wyvang Dragooon Win Rate:60%
This is where a Hasbro Cosmic Pegasus R2F comes in handy. The R2F is shorter than usual, which allows Wyvang Dragooon to still KO 85. My R2F from Cosmic was pretty worn, but it still did better than my other ones. I suppose a normal R2F could still probably work, but not as well.

Tests Vs. Balance:
Standard Procedure

MF-H L-Drago Destroy BD145 RDF vs Wyvang Dragooon SA165(Zero-G Attack Mode)R2F
L-Drago Destroy:0 Wins
Dragooon:10 Wins(5 KO, 5 OS)
Dragooon Win Rate:100%

I don't have a second Dragooon, so I tried to do this to see how it would fare against a left-spin opponent. Unfortunately, L-Drago Destroy has such pitiful defense and stamina, it couldn't even OS Dragooon. I stopped here because this was obviously a pointless test that would serve no use since Dragooon BD145 RDF does everything much better.

Note: SA165 is the only thing that works. If you need one cheap, see here- http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-BEYB...2576a0bd4a
Nice tests .
Would RF work just as well ?
Cool, I'll test this later at my moms. Seems good.
Also , can you test it against Orojya^2 BD145MB ?
Great tests ShinobuXD! This combo seems to have potential. Can you also test this against Duo Cancer BGrin? It seems to be a Dragooon counter. I just want to see if it can KO it the same as Killerken Dragooon DF105LRF. Did you also not use LRF because you don't have it?

For the Duo Cancer request can you do a sliding shoot test, and a tornado stall test? I'm just curious to see if it can actually OS it while tornado stalling.
XD I made a very similar combo in the Balro Testing thread. Balro Dragooon SA165RF (Lower Mode)
That combo of yours is what got me hooked on SA165 for attack. Stupid

Luck: RF will work, too. I will probably use it in some tests as well.
MSF-L Orojya Orojya BD145 MB vs Wyvang Dragooon SA165(Zero-G Attack Mode)RF
Orojya:2 Wins(All KO)
Dragooon:18 Wins(15 KO,3 OS)
6 Ties
Wyvang Dragooon Win Rate: 90%

BeybladePants11: I did a few informal rounds against Duo Gasher BGrin, and WD had no trouble KOing it. After all, it is an attack type against a stamina type. As for tornado stalling, I guaranteethis combo cannot OS it.
I did the tests you requested in the OP. Just to elaborate a little on the launch, it is not so much that you want to try for a wide sweeping launch, you just need to bank a little less so that Wyvang has more access to the opponent. This is why Wyvang is my favorite Chrome wheel, cause it hits so hard and consistent.....

MSF-L Wyvang Dragooon SA165LRF vs. MSF-L Revizer Dragooon BD145RDF
RD always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
WD: 13 (3 OS, 10 KO)
RD: 7 (4 OS, 3 KO)
WD Win %: 65.0%

I will admit that I had one of 2 self KOs that I redid because my LRF is so freakin fast, but regardless, as long as you don't bank too deep Wyvang can beat the mess out of lower opponents.
That is awesome! I thought it might have trouble, but it looks like had no problems at all! Thank you so much!
Okay, wow, these are utterly incredible results. I've also been looking at making a left-spin Synchrom attack type, but the best I came up with -- MSF-L Bahamdia Dragooon SA165(Normal)LRF -- only pulls a 40% win rate against MSF-H Reviser Reviser BD145RDF (I am awful with attack types though, lol). This custom blows that out of the water, and now I really can't wait to get my Wyvang in the mail to test this out myself.

I love your use of the short R2F from Cosmic! I hadn't thought of doing that with tall SA165 customs, and I love the idea! I'd still definitely try LRF too since its speed might make up for it being taller.

This is just out of curiosity: why are you using Zero-G Attack Mode on SA165? I've been using Normal mode to give customs some LAD, though admittedly I hadn't even tried the other mode yet.
I did some tests with this. I find it amazing.

All tips were changed after 10 rounds.

Wyvang Dragooon SA165(Attack Mode)R2F vs. Reviser Reviser E230CS
WD: 16 wins (7 OS, 9 KO)
RR: 4 wins (3 SKO, 1 OS)

Wyvang Dragooon win rate : 80 %

I am confused how WD OS'd RR so much. I hope these test were helpful. I can show proof of parts if needed.
(Feb. 25, 2013  3:43 AM)Tri (o^_^)o Wrote: I did some tests with this. I find it amazing.

All tips were changed after 10 rounds.

Wyvang Dragooon SA165(Attack Mode)R2F vs. Reviser Reviser E230CS
WD: 16 wins (7 OS, 9 KO)
RR: 4 wins (3 SKO, 1 OS)

Wyvang Dragooon win rate : 80 %

I am confused how WD OS'd RR so much. I hope these test were helpful. I can show proof of parts if needed.

Good heavens, the results keep coming O.o

E230CS isn't hard to spin-steal IIRC, which is how the OSes happened I'd imagine. The fact that this custom is getting those OSes when it doesn't KO is astounding.

I'm getting my Wyvang in the mail hopefully tomorrow, and this will be one of the first things I test for sure.
I started doing some tests with MB but every first hit it seemed, it'd lose balance and completely tumble over or get OHKO'd. Then again, my MB is a little aggressive.
Tri(oJoyful_3)o: Thanks for doing those tests! E230 does have horrendous LAD, so that's what caused the OS's.

Ingulit: I used SA165 in attack mode because I find that, for me at least, it allows Wyvang to fully access its contact points. It also really helps against 85.Wyvang has force smash as well, so I felt attack mode was the way to go.
(Feb. 25, 2013  2:17 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Ingulit: I used SA165 in attack mode because I find that, for me at least, it allows Wyvang to fully access its contact points. It also really helps against 85.Wyvang has force smash as well, so I felt attack mode was the way to go.

That makes a lot of sense. It also helps control what recoil it does have and keep it grounded the way SA165(attack) did with Cosmic. Also, it was brilliant to go with a 165 height, to allow Wyvang to take care of everything lower than it, and it being left spin means that it should be able to OS everything higher. I honestly can't believe I didn't see this myself, great work ShinobuXD!

The only thing that I see possibly giving this issues is Bahamdia Dragooon SP230GF, but those tests will be extremely hard to do with one person.
I'm so freaking mad, I had the same combo mDe up except using RF and I really hesitated official testing XD Good work, nice combo man, you'll rock at a tourney Grin
(Feb. 25, 2013  2:17 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Tri(oJoyful_3)o: Thanks for doing those tests! E230 does have horrendous LAD, so that's what caused the OS's.

Hmm... I could do some tests with BD145 to prevent some of the LAD, but I did a few battles, but like you said in the OP, it KOed BD145.

Any requests? I don't have 2 Dragooon's :\
Wow! wyvang seems to have GREAT smash (I wouldn't have expected that from a defense type chrome wheel) ! I can't believe these test results! I've already got Wyvang, and I'm now putting SA165 down as the next thing on my list!

P.S. (I'm guessing that no one here has 2 wyvang, but if you do Could someone test this combo against wyvang/Reviser Reviser 85CS? Also Reviser dragoon E230MF with E230 in its high mode? Thanks!! Smile
I was at my house, customizing it and decided to add a couple of test with the only other two good combos for this that I have. I used two beylaunchers for this, I don't have a grip because it's pretty uncomfortable for me

Here are the results:

Wyvang Dragooon SA165LRF (slightly worn) vs. Killerken Dragooon B : D
KD always launched first.
WD: 11 (0 OS, 11 KO)
KD: 9 (8 OS, 1 KO)
WD Win %: 55.0%

Note: I have problems with KOing it because it has many wall saves, then Wyvang Dragooon runs out of stamina and only can throw Killerken Dragooon to the edge of the stadium

Wyvang Dragooon SA165LRF (slightly worn) vs. MSF-H Revizer Wyvang E230RB (worn)
RW always launched first.
WD: 10 (5 OS, 5 KO)
RW: 0 (0 OS, 0 KO)
WD Win %: 100.0%

Note: I had to stop at round ten (actually i did until 13, but like to left at 10) because my RB is becoming aggresive, I should have to buy a new one, but Wyvang Dragooon didn't have many problems, if it not KO Revizer Wyvang, it would win OSing it

I hope this would be useful : D
Great tests! Do you have RDF by any chance to test against, too?
like "MSF Revizer Revizer BD145RDF"? or something different?
Yes, more tests against that would be great.
EDITING POST

I have problems with my phone and messed up this post, o will edit it when I can, sorry
I still have no idea how Wyvang has as much smash as it does, lol

Regardless, I just tested against Reviser BD145RDF, and if you compare the results to my benchmarks it did really darn well. Note that this custom cannot OS something on BD145RDF.

Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F vs. MSF Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Wyvang: 8 (0 OS, 8 KO)
Reviser: 12 (9 OS, 3 KO)
Wyvang Win %: 40.0%

Benchmark:
MF-H Flash Beelzeb GB145R2F vs. MSF Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Flash: 12 (0 OS, 12 KO)
Reviser: 18 (10 OS, 8 KO)
Flash Win %: 40.0%

EDIT: I want to mention I'm using the short R2F from Cosmic, and I really think it helps this custom more than LRF.
It's weird it can OS CS and not RDF. Because on your tests Ingulit, it shows that CS got the best spin times out of all.

I can do some benchmarks for my tests tomorrow.