Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average

NPR records Beyblade story, showcases Sliding Shoot Lesson!
njrk97

needs more faces :(
BeyRank: #907 (1,059)
Bronze Face

(Dec 13 2011 02:08 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:  Wow! That's so cool!
The interview of Hasbro's Vice President for Marketing included a statement which is contrary to the actual performance of the top. Weird. Confused

just proves how much hasbro knows about beyblade

My dream is to be in someone's lol Quotes in their sig
Dec 13 2011 11:47 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hazel

Octorok Shmoctorok!
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAmethyst FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceEinstein FaceWyvern FaceThunder Dragon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnubis FaceHoruseus FaceSamurai Changer FaceDriger FaceDragoon II FaceRose Platinum FacePegasis FaceAnniversary Face 2012Driger Fang FaceBloody Devil FaceDranzer II FaceKetos FaceJiraiya FaceDark Leopard FaceEternal Passport Face

The marketing division VP is not going to be one of the playtesters anyway...

[Image: hazelsignature2.jpg]
Some manner of Octopus.
Dec 13 2011 11:56 PM
Ga'

Pierce the heavens!
BeyRank: #183 (1,244)
Antique FaceRose Gold FaceQuetzalcoatl Face IISilver FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago Face

That may be true, but you'd think he'd at least know some physics...

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere."

-Anton Ego/Peter O'Toole (1932-2013)
Dec 13 2011 11:59 PM
Away Find all posts by this user

Congratulations on being mentioned there! I found the article and came straight here to see what everyone thought of it. Very nice publicity, and great that they featured the video!

Follow ToyWizdotcom on Twitter and Facebook for even more special announcements, discounts and contests! We're also blogging all the latest news in toys!

[Image: facebook.png] [Image: twitter.png]
Dec 14 2011 12:36 AM
[Pyro]

Absolutely Flawless
BeyRank: #89 (1,335)
DJ FaceCapricorne FaceFace of Days IIIGemios FaceEmerald FaceRose Gold FaceSapphire FaceFace of Revolution

as a news report it was good, same with the publicity for the hobby, but as far as the information on it, Derryl DePriest, Hasbro's OWN VP of marketing muffed up the Attack and Stamina types.... I applaud Hasbro on being the North American "rep.s" -if you will- of the hobby, but all in all Hasbro makes some derpy moves here and there....

"That's Debatable"
[Image: gqmmm.gif]
TEAM KIRIN DESTROYERS
Dec 14 2011 02:55 AM
UltimateDranzer

Team Shadow Blaze

I didn't know the news was interested in beyblade. I thought everyone but us looked down on bladers

Leader of Team Shadow Blaze/Leader of Team Second Side's Royal Division

Brad Day III Testimonial
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%...qYhJoRANZE
Dec 14 2011 02:59 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like a boss

FINAL TURN!
BeyRank: #185 (1,243)
Bronze FaceEmerald FaceSapphire FaceCancer FaceHerculeo FaceEterner Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 14 2011 03:52 AM by Like a boss.)
Which I could go to worlds came in 2nd. Congrats to the beyblade world

[Image: the4animeSigV1.png]
Dec 14 2011 03:45 AM
BeybladeStation

SNAP BACK TO REALITY
BeyRank: #319 (1,178)
Antique FaceGold FaceSilver Face

I can see this site huge on alexa some day!

Great stuff!

[Image: olz5u.png]
Dec 14 2011 04:08 AM
Neko Fury

ニャプ、ニャプゥ~!
BeyRank: #1,790 (1,002)
Rose Gold Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 14 2011 06:47 AM by Neko Fury.)
This is great news for Beyblades, though there were a few wrong stuff here and there on the bottoms, it's still great news.

I noticed the comments below the article....oh well, haters gonna hate Pinching_grin
Dec 14 2011 06:44 AM
ashton pinto

TEAMBEYXTREME
BeyRank: #87 (1,338)
Bronze FaceSilver FaceFace of Days IIISilver FaceEmerald FaceBlaze FaceDJ FaceEterner FaceStriker FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceGuardian FaceAverazer FaceKronos FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceUranus FaceCyber Pegasis FaceKetos FaceHoruseus FaceAquila FaceAnniversary Face 2012Rose Gold FaceDark Leopard FaceWBBA Caesar FaceWBBA Caesar FaceWBBA L Drago FaceAres FaceGold FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceCygnus FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceSilver FacePoseidon FaceGold FaceSapphire FaceFace of Days IVSilver FaceRuby FaceAmber FacePassport FaceAnniversary Face 2013Lacerta FaceWBBA Caesar FaceGill FacePoseidon FaceRose Platinum FaceHorogium FaceGold FaceGold FaceOnyx FaceLyra FaceCrown FaceAquila FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FaceGirago Face

BEY-BLADE IS TRULY PERFECTLY SPECIAL.............!

[Image: 2znmqrk.png]

Follow me on instagram @ ashtonpinto Twitter @ ashton pinto !!
Selling HMS/Plastics/MFB beyblades

WBO Tournament's India Facebook Page || Beyblade Tournament's Discussion : India || My YouTube Channel
Dec 14 2011 10:01 AM
UltimateDranzer

Team Shadow Blaze

(Dec 14 2011 10:01 AM)ashton pinto Wrote:  BEY-BLADE IS TRULY PERFECTLY SPECIAL.............!

Definitely. I think anyone that gives beyblade a chance will see that it isn't like what the haters think.

Leader of Team Shadow Blaze/Leader of Team Second Side's Royal Division

Brad Day III Testimonial
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%...qYhJoRANZE
Dec 14 2011 10:36 PM
Lord

RagerBlade
BeyRank: #99 (1,330)
Face of RevolutionDJ FaceAquila FaceGold FacePegasis FaceAnniversary Face 2013Silver FaceEmerald FaceAntique FacePassport FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceLyra FaceBeelzeb Face

Congrats Kai-V the story is awesome! Soon beyblade will be the most poplur in the world! Go Beyblade!
~X-Saber
Dec 14 2011 11:16 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
TheUnown

BeyRank: #2,416 (972)
(This post was last modified: Jan 12 2012 05:44 AM by TheUnown.)
That Guy used bigbang
We always knew Hasbro workers are morons when it comes to beyblade

[Image: dragonbar_701874.png]
So who wants to talk about bakuman
Dec 15 2011 12:53 AM
iVtechboyinpa

King BeyKnight

This is truly awesome. It's cool to see the WBO gain so much publicity! After all, we are one of the top 30 sites to appear, from when I last checked, along with the BeyChannel videos.

Need Sticker Sheets? All thanks go to Kai-V!
Laugh Moments (Click to View)
Dec 15 2011 12:56 AM
ssj4yamigingka

BEYSPIRITBEYSPIRIT
BeyRank: #1,155 (1,038)
Bronze FaceCancer Face

This can make beyblade even bigger then it already is! Our beyblades really appreciate it!
Dec 15 2011 01:55 AM
tanzam15

tanzam
BeyRank: #123 (1,300)
Face of Days IIGold FaceFace of RevolutionGold FacePassport FaceGold FaceGold Face

he may have had a diferent tip/track combo thing in it from what i have done and seen FGrin is balance to attack

WBO Tournaments:
Best In The West - 1st - May 2011
School's Out Forever - Lost - June 2011
Its Raining Beys - Lost - April 2012
BR: California Qualifier - 3rd - April 2013
California Calamity - 1st - July 2013
Rip Through the City - 1st - November 2013
2014 Spin Season - 1st - January 2014
The Untitled Park Adventure #1 - 1st - February 2014
Dec 15 2011 02:34 AM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT
Lapis Lazuli FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceAmethyst FaceFace of WarPeridot FaceKiva FacePainite FacePegasis FaceBrad FaceBull FaceBrad FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVEternal Passport Face

(Dec 13 2011 11:56 PM)Hazel Wrote:  The marketing division VP is not going to be one of the playtesters anyway...

Sorry, but as someone who works in marketing at a toy company, he absolutely should know what he is talking about if he is going to talk about it. He doesn't need to be an "Advanced Blader" but this is one of the most basic ideas of the game.

I no longer manage nor work for the WBO. Do not PM or e-mail me questions about Beyblade! I will not respond!
Dec 15 2011 09:06 PM
Ultimatefry

Whoopity-doo.

I must say, this is quite impressive.

:megusta:

Love Beyblade? then why not join the Soulless Children?
You a brony? Join this forum and say Ultimatefry sent you!
[Image: dragonanimated_661528.gif]
Statishicks (Click to View)
CLICK HERE, STORY WRITERS. IF YOUR STORIES ARE SIMILAR TO THIS, CHANGE THEM, OR STOP WRITING.
Dec 16 2011 01:41 AM

(Dec 13 2011 06:35 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:  NPR stands for National Public Radio. It produces news and cultural programming across a network of almost 1000 independent radio stations covering most "major" markets here in the US, and is similar to the CBC in Canada (NPR also carries Fresh Air), and the BBC in the UK (NPR also carries the BBC world service).

WAMU is the local affiliate here in the Washington DC metro area, and broadcasts on 88.5 FM.

Correct. National Public Radio is far and away the most prestigious and respected broadcast news voice in the United States. Congratulations on the story!

Bill
Dec 16 2011 02:08 AM
PlayMadeSimple

RPG Enthusiast
BeyRank: #356 (1,162)
Face of Days IIGill FaceEmerald Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 16 2011 03:00 AM by PlayMadeSimple.)
Amazing news.

That being said, these types of articles are supposed to appeal to parents who actually listen to the radio, or to children who just want to play with a new toy. They really couldn't care less if the top jumped or not, so pointing out technical flaws in the writing doesn't matter all that much.

And what's all this stereotypical garbage about "For boys."

With regards to Garcia winning with a BBP, I believe 4D isn't out in the US yet so why is it they even allowed her to play with imported toys? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like the mentality they would use in Hasbro tournaments.

Although I am inactive, check out my YouTube account for existing Skyrim tutorials.
Skyrim Guides:
Dec 16 2011 02:52 AM