General GFX Thread

I don't know why, but I am having so much trouble rendering a L-Drago Destroy image. In fact, I'm having trouble rendering most beys. I don't know why this is. And I really want to render because I don't want people always helping me, and also I want to start rotating graphics.
Me= Frustrated
But after that, don't I still have to render it, or how do I make sure there is no whit background in the sig?
Try using the magic wand tool at a low (I mean low) tolerance for images with white backgrounds. If it's a color like blue, you can raise the tolerance a bit more.
I just get an eraser and cleanly cut it, little by little, as I don't trust the wand, but my way takes forever but looks nice after
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:57 AM)Callum6939 Wrote: I just get an eraser and cleanly cut it, little by little, as I don't trust the wand, but my way takes forever but looks nice after

Eraser works really well.

I've just run into another problem: how do you lend pictures into the background? Like, how do you make them not look choppy? Is it a text trick or...?
Make it high quality, outer and inner glow of the same color of your background. Always, do that.
(Jul. 17, 2011  11:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:19 PM)Xyo Wrote: I know a lot of PC games and manga especially Bleach One Piece and fairy Tail Grin

Hm, with that sort of background, I would see a picture of someone extending their arms forward, in the manner of a king.
So i used the pic and realized that he looked MENTALLY ILLED PERSON any other suggestions?
(Jul. 18, 2011  12:47 PM)Xyo Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:19 PM)Xyo Wrote: I know a lot of PC games and manga especially Bleach One Piece and fairy Tail Grin

Hm, with that sort of background, I would see a picture of someone extending their arms forward, in the manner of a king.
So i used the pic and realized that he looked MENTALLY ILLED PERSON any other suggestions?
I look and see fighting. Two warriors charging straight for eachother.
Well, when I'm bored I keep playing around:

Some unused or used signatures of mine: Some of them are recently made, some a while ago.
Rate them.
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:22 PM)Electric Wrote: Well, when I'm bored I keep playing around:

Some unused or used signatures of mine: Some of them are recently made, some a while ago.
Rate them.
I really like the 5th one, gives me a electric hype feel.
(Jul. 18, 2011  3:11 PM)Sparta Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  12:47 PM)Xyo Wrote:

I look and see fighting. Two warriors charging straight for eachother.
Ill try anyone else?
Attempt #3 at C4Ds? Hah, I won't give up until it's perfect Joyful_3

[Image: 2h3t178.png]

I tried blending better, so hopefully I did. Sorry about the black and white theme again, it's just really fun to do. Plus, it's kind of more challenging, since there is less color variety.

Yup, I'm using it as my signature. I really like how it came out Tongue_out
[Image: 25.png]

This is my first sprite and I'm not good at all. I was wondering if anyone had any tips.
(Jul. 20, 2011  6:27 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Attempt #3 at C4Ds? Hah, I won't give up until it's perfect Joyful_3

I tried blending better, so hopefully I did. Sorry about the black and white theme again, it's just really fun to do. Plus, it's kind of more challenging, since there is less color variety.

This is really nice. It's the best one out of your attempts so far.
Anyways, if this even counts as GFXing, then I have been changing up pictures, although it's not the best.
Add me if you plan on looking at them. Please mention who you are from WBO.
I'm pretty sure photo-manipulation is considered GFXing. Post them here Tongue_out

And thanks for your input on the sig!
(Jul. 20, 2011  6:27 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Attempt #3 at C4Ds? Hah, I won't give up until it's perfect Joyful_3

its awesome Grin i like it a LOT..... i need to learn how to use C4D's Uncertain
I don't know if I'm using them incorrectly, but I don't find them that hard to do. It's kinda like a mixture of a background element and a texture. At least for me.
i have more than 233 c4d's can any one please give me tips on how to render them nicely with the background
(Jul. 20, 2011  11:22 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I don't know if I'm using them incorrectly, but I don't find them that hard to do. It's kinda like a mixture of a background element and a texture. At least for me.

i know how to use C4D's, the only problem is how do i install them properly XD
You just need to '' save as '' C4D's in your own folder.

I use C4D's too Grin. But I suck at using them.
Wow, I only just realized this thread existed! I use GIMP for all my sigs, and normally a mix of images, filters and sometimes brushes. For example, with this sig I made:
[Image: neongenesisevangelionen.png]
I made a gradient background of black and gold, then added some brushes to give it the black and red markings on the background. I rendered the image then duplicated it and increased its size my 5-10px, then applied a filter to it. I moved the edited image behind the un-edited one to give the image its glow. I finally added a nova flare behind the image and added the words in a font that matched. It takes ages to find effects that work but once you do, it looks good.
Well, I started making signature tutorials.
first one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYP-KjZCpy0
signatures I made.
[Image: flamingaries.jpg]
This one I did freestyle, no plans, that's why the second video's longer.
[Image: kirbyx.jpg]
(Jul. 22, 2011  12:46 AM)othellog Wrote: Well, I started making signature tutorials.
first one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYP-KjZCpy0
signatures I made.
[Image: flamingaries.jpg]
This one I did freestyle, no plans, that's why the second video's longer.
[Image: kirbyx.jpg]

Holy HD video, what'd you use to record your desktop? I've been meaning to do something like that for a while now, but can't because I don't know what to use to record. Gasp