General GFX Thread

Brushes don't mean you're bad or unprofessional.
Attempt #2 at C4Ds:

[Image: c594w.png]

I heeded your advice about the opacity this time, BeyBladestation. Tongue_out

I don't know, it doesn't look like an improvement over the last one to me (not because of your advice, but because I just dislike my work) Uncertain Comments and critiques are welcome.

Also, does anyone want the Edward Elric sig I made? I could put your username on it.
(Jul. 15, 2011  1:25 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Attempt #2 at C4Ds:

[Image: c594w.png]

I heeded your advice about the opacity this time, BeyBladestation. Tongue_out

I don't know, it doesn't look like an improvement over the last one to me (not because of your advice, but because I just dislike my work) Uncertain Comments and critiques are welcome.

Also, does anyone want the Edward Elric sig I made? I could put your username on it.

I never knew Black Star, was a White Star....
Are you talking about his outfit or the overall sig? As for his outfit, that's the one he wears in the manga after joining Spartoi.
(Jul. 15, 2011  1:36 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Are you talking about his outfit or the overall sig? As for his outfit, that's the one he wears in the manga after joining Spartoi.

only watched the anime, was really good, but is there an after story in the manga? if so I'm so getting it... also the thing about white star was a small joke Tongue_out the sigs good
The manga is actually slightly different from the anime in nearing the end. But this is getting off-topic for now, so let's drop the conversation.
(Jul. 14, 2011  11:52 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Brushes don't mean you're bad or unprofessional.

This.

However a lot of users fall into the trap of only using brushes with nothing else or using very common ones, making it obvious to others that they did not "try as hard". Smile

I miss using C4D. I had the demo for C4D 7 for Mac a few years ago, and didn't back it up somewhere. Unhappy

The things you can do with that program is amazing!
It's done, using as my signature. So now I need to make an avatar.
[Image: taiwoseigi.jpg]
So the link is broken..
Made this userbar with GIMP, and could really use feedback.

The text is hard to see, but... (Click to View)
It's pretty good, although the text is kinda hard to read. Always remember to make your text stand out. Don't put something that doesn't match, like red, but you could put, let's say, black with a white outline. Makes a world of difference.
Offtopic here but, what did you use to post it?
NoodooSoup, you did better. But, you did not try to blend the focal at all. This one I made a while ago is an example of what I mean you should do:

[Image: di-0UGV.png]

I used 86% OP on this one, but the thing is, you can see Hellsgate [Guy with gun] is blended well, making the render look right.

You need to do master that.

bugturtles, I wished someday that a once popular member would do that to me!
Here goes another try...
[Image: TaiwoSeigi.jpg]

EDIT: BBS, I feel as though the render sticks out a bit much, try blurring the edges?
Yeah, I know blending the focal. I just can't tell which parts to lower transparency or erase Pinching_eyes_2 I'm going to try to blend this one; I'm starting to like it Tongue_out
Taiwo, if you give me the render of bull, I'll make one for you on Photoshop today or tomorrow.
(Jul. 15, 2011  8:27 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Taiwo, if you give me the render of bull, I'll make one for you on Photoshop today or tomorrow.

No, I was talking about your signature...
Oh... well, it supposd to be how it is, really.

The edges were inner glowed to a very small extent. The focal is the whole signature, actually.

I was saying if you gave me the Bull Render and that background I could make bull less stretched out.
[Image: s3qcck.png]'

Fixed it a bit! I blended the parts that were at a "distance".

Damn, I suck at blending :\
It's fine, thank you, but I do need help rendering a few other pictures. Do you mind helping with that?
Sorry for double post, but can someone render this for me?
http://bit.ly/olNncI
That's easy to render... I'm sure you can do it.

ATM, I'm busy... Noodoo has good renders of G peg fro the sigs she made.
Master the Pen Tool, or use the Eraser Tool.
Heh, I don't save my renders ^^; Regardless, I was going to do it.
(Jul. 15, 2011  9:34 PM)bugturtles Wrote: Master the Pen Tool, or use the Eraser Tool.

No, just no. Never use the eraser tool. Cuts are never 100% with it. If you duplicate anything done by eraser 3+ times, you'll see. Tongue_out
I don't have a steady enough hand to use the eraser, even when I'm using my tablet.
(Jul. 15, 2011  8:08 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: It's pretty good, although the text is kinda hard to read. Always remember to make your text stand out. Don't put something that doesn't match, like red, but you could put, let's say, black with a white outline. Makes a world of difference.
Gotcha, thanks for the tip.
(Jul. 15, 2011  8:09 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Offtopic here but, what did you use to post it?

Photobucket. For some reason, though, it won't upload xcf (I think it is) files. I have to save even the still ones as .gif files...