General GFX Thread

(Jul. 15, 2011  9:59 PM)Vintage Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2011  9:34 PM)bugturtles Wrote: Master the Pen Tool, or use the Eraser Tool.

No, just no. Never use the eraser tool. Cuts are never 100% with it. If you duplicate anything done by eraser 3+ times, you'll see. Tongue_out

To be perfectly honest, I've used the Eraser Tool to "render" way back when I didn't know how to use the Pen Tool, using varying magnifications of zoom (I usually exceeded 500% zoom). But that takes too much time, and you can better spend that time learning how to use the Pen Tool.

But, fixing the defects using the Eraser method was not that bad; you just have to know what you're doing to make it look like it was rendered normally.
What's the size people normally use for their Avatars?
(Jul. 15, 2011  10:47 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: What's the size people normally use for their Avatars?

I used a small one, which was 150x150

Think it's supposed to be bigger, though.

Ok, I looked up tutorials for gimp on youtube and still haven't found a decent way to add images to your sig. Anyone know how?
Here's my latest:
[Image: toshiroa.png]
Feels really messy to me, and like something is missing. Uncertain
(Jul. 15, 2011  10:53 PM)Vintage Wrote: Here's my latest:
[Image: toshiroa.png]
Feels really messy to me, and like something is missing. Uncertain

Can you use HyperCam to show how you make your signatures? I really like them.
Damn, you're so good, I'm jealous Unhappy

No, but seriously, you're really good. I look up to you and other good graphics makers, like Kai-V.

I really like how the text looks so shiny. Since you feel as if something is missing, maybe add a texture to the background? I don't know what you like so... Confused
We have YouTube, sigtutorials.com.

Search those, you can make ones just as good. It's really not that hard. Too bad many people don't try! Also guys, I will post an awesome work just like Vintages maybe tomorrow.

EDIT: I will change your world Noodoo... lol. But I'll try to make you do what you did to Vintage. Hopefully I can when I release the Final Fantasy sig... its nice.
here is a trick for those who use c4ds
i read somewhere that graphic makers search for a colored c4d which will fit in their sig

trick open ps cs4/cs5 open c4d on the right hand side in the adjustment panel there is hue and saturation option use the hue bar and move it to change the color of the pixels according to ur which

some of u might be using it i haven't read it anywhere it's my self created trick Wink
(Jul. 16, 2011  1:20 AM)Xlr8 Wrote: here is a trick for those who use c4ds
i read somewhere that graphic makers search for a colored c4d which will fit in their sig

trick open ps cs4/cs5 open c4d on the right hand side in the adjustment panel there is hue and saturation option use the hue bar and move it to change the color of the pixels according to ur which

some of u might be using it i haven't read it anywhere it's my self created trick Wink

Gradient Map > Set to color gives your entire signature one colour scheme, but it's best to lower the opacity. Tongue_out
There are plenty of ways in PS to get the colours you want. Gasp

Oh, and thanks BeyBladestation and Noodoo. Means a lot to me. Smile
What do you guys use for the background? Mine seem too simplistic. :\
(Jul. 16, 2011  3:22 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: What do you guys use for the background? Mine seem too simplistic. :\

I usually just do a gradient, but sometimes I'll use stocks.
(Jul. 16, 2011  3:22 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: What do you guys use for the background? Mine seem too simplistic. :\

Me? You were probably asking Vintage, but I'll answer anyway. I usually make my own using a combination of renders, textures, and other stuff. Or you can use C4Ds like Vintage, but they're harder to use.
(Jul. 16, 2011  11:50 AM)zflare3 Wrote: making back grounds or editing some are hard!
get like a cool looking back ground and make it neon
its a bit less simple
my forst attempt:
[Image: imagesqtbnANd9GcS48bUXLJaNmnIV4zNlhMN980...gQ-1-1.jpg]
here is a sig with that bazk ground:
[Image: bigbangpegasis-3.jpg]

way to mushed neon. I hate ginga and pegasis because of that
So i made this BG and i did not know who to use in my sig any suggestions?
[Image: MYNEWSIGGYD.png]
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:12 PM)Xyo Wrote: So i made this BG and i did not know who to use in my sig any suggestions?

... What do you like and know well ? You cannot seriously take just anybody's suggestion ...
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:15 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:12 PM)Xyo Wrote: So i made this BG and i did not know who to use in my sig any suggestions?

... What do you like and know well ? You cannot seriously take just anybody's suggestion ...
I know a lot of PC games and manga especially Bleach One Piece and fairy Tail Grin
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:19 PM)Xyo Wrote:

I know a lot of PC games and manga especially Bleach One Piece and fairy Tail Grin

LOL. not that, she said what you think of it Tongue_out
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:36 PM)DeX Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:19 PM)Xyo Wrote:

LOL. not that, she said what you think of it Tongue_out
no i was asking of who i can use in the sig Tongue_out
Well, I've been GFXing for about a year. I was ok at using photoshop, but then? I stopped when spring testing came up. But, the last couple months I've really up'ed my game. I have to give a big thanx to DeX, Xyo, BeybladePotter, and Vintage for helping me in this process. I currently use Gimp, if you need any gimp tutorials or just a question ask me. I'm not a n00b at Gimp any-more, I'm pro, like I am in tekken 6.
(Jul. 17, 2011  3:51 PM)othellog Wrote: Well, I've been GFXing for about a year. I was ok at using photoshop, but then? I stopped when spring testing came up. But, the last couple months I've really up'ed my game. I have to give a big thanx to DeX, Xyo, BeybladePotter, and Vintage for helping me in this process. I currently use Gimp, if you need any gimp tutorials or just a question ask me. I'm not a n00b at Gimp any-more, I'm pro, like I am in tekken 6.
Why Thank You Joyful_3
(Jul. 17, 2011  1:19 PM)Xyo Wrote: I know a lot of PC games and manga especially Bleach One Piece and fairy Tail Grin

Hm, with that sort of background, I would see a picture of someone extending their arms forward, in the manner of a king.
Ok, so Othellog (thanks!) sent me some cool tutorial videos, and I used them to make this thing: (Click to View)
It's definitely not even good, but it's a lot better than what I used to make.

Nice Xyo, hmmm... Me? Jks...

Yeah it's a neat piece if you do add somet make sure you save it in anouther file, so you can make multiples.