unrealistic expectations in anime

When you call something your “friend” but put it in a cage and force it to fight your other “friends”
(Aug. 06, 2021  5:02 AM)WorldKai Wrote: When you call something your “friend” but put it in a cage and force it to fight your other “friends”

Pokemoninanutshell.
No sexism or anything, but one unrealistic thing is how anime female characters are annoying or weak.  And girls in real life are actually cool and strong (not in power but as a person).
(Aug. 06, 2021  5:11 AM)Dark red Wrote: No sexism or anything, but one unrealistic thing is how anime female characters are annoying or weak.  And girls in real life are actually cool and strong (not in power but as a person).

Gotta disagree with ya there. Thats just shounen, as it’s marketed towards dudes. And there are a lot of strong women mentors in shounen, like Shinobu on Merlin from seven deadly sins. Also the whole fate series lol
How a freaking 12 year old can lift a boulder and how valt BATTLE A TIGER and how rantaro can do 500 push ups.
(Aug. 10, 2021  5:11 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: How a freaking 12 year old can lift a boulder and how valt BATTLE A TIGER and how rantaro can do 500 push ups.

Um, Free was actually 11 when he started lifting huge rocks
(Aug. 10, 2021  5:26 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  5:11 PM)LegendJustice Wrote: How a freaking 11 year old can lift a boulder and how valt BATTLE A TIGER and how rantaro can do 500 push ups.

Um, Free was actually 11 when he started lifting huge rocks

Oh forgot free and valt we’re same age
(Aug. 10, 2021  5:49 PM)paolapolik Wrote: jajaja tal cual

jaja sí

también Bienvenido a la OMB Espero que disfrutes tu estadía
unrealistic expectation in anime- not to have plot armor
(Like the post if you agree)
(Aug. 10, 2021  6:39 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: unrealistic expectation in anime- not to have plot armor

No plot means no plot armor.
(Aug. 10, 2021  6:39 PM)Kiryu Kazuma Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  6:39 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: unrealistic expectation in anime- not to have plot armor

No plot means no plot armor.

That’s completely different. 
Plot armor= hygua, lane, drum, aiga
Plot without plot armor= Valt in the first 2 seasons
(Aug. 10, 2021  6:41 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  6:39 PM)Kiryu Kazuma Wrote: No plot means no plot armor.

That’s completely different. 

It felt like Drum was the only one who actually grew in Beyblade Burst without plot armor because with each battle, he learned something new and gained more experience but there were some moments where he had plot armor, but, not as many as Aiga hyuga and Hikaru and Valt, Valt's power was all over the place, one minute he's almost beating Lui the next he loses to a random Emo Kid on the streets of El Astro, keep in mind, Lui beat Silas with only a couple blows.
Hmm I guess they don't care about the anime now, they just wanna advertise their beys now. That's why they're being lazy and making 10 minute episodes.
(Aug. 10, 2021  7:15 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  6:41 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: That’s completely different. 

It felt like Drum was the only one who actually grew in Beyblade Burst without plot armor because with each battle, he learned something new and gained more experience but there were some moments where he had plot armor, but, not as many as Aiga hyuga and Hikaru and Valt, Valt's power was all over the place, one minute he's almost beating Lui the next he loses to a random Emo Kid on the streets of El Astro, keep in mind, Lui beat Silas with only a couple blows.

Valt lost to Silas after going head to head with lui because silas’s bey was the next generation. And Silas is not just some random kid, he’s in a similiar spot to bell where he already has a lot of blading experience. He only beat Valt easily cause Valt’s bey wasn’t a god bey yet. And Valt had much more character growth and a better story than anyone else.
(Aug. 10, 2021  3:34 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2021  5:11 AM)Dark red Wrote: No sexism or anything, but one unrealistic thing is how anime female characters are annoying or weak.  And girls in real life are actually cool and strong (not in power but as a person).

Gotta disagree with ya there. Thats just shounen, as it’s marketed towards dudes. And there are a lot of strong women mentors in shounen, like Shinobu on Merlin from seven deadly sins. Also the whole fate series lol

Yeah, but there are those annoying cliche anime girls who be hitting the MC for no reason, calling the MC a "pervert", or being really jealous. And no girl I met IRL acts like that. Also, I know not all female characters aren't weak, just like Nobara (JJK) and Noelle (BC).
Although the “defeat means friendship” trope can be realistic at times, most of the time it seems to be idealized. A lot of such cases in anime show villains and bad guys becoming the protagonists’ friend after being defeated by them. Usually its a quick acceptance of friendship

Maybe I live on the wrong side of the planet (or sound like a cynic), but I have yet to experience any of that in real life. Usually defeating or being better than someone results in them hating you more or similar
(Apr. 02, 2021  6:44 PM)eggblader Wrote: you can talk about all the unrealistic things in anime that arent fantasy or anything. (like how waifus are unnaturally... forget i said anything)

100000000000000 year old lolis
(Aug. 10, 2021  9:31 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Although the “defeat means friendship” trope can be realistic at times, most of the time it seems to be idealized. A lot of such cases in anime show villains and bad guys becoming the protagonists’ friend after being defeated by them. Usually its a quick acceptance of friendship

Maybe I live on the wrong side of the planet (or sound like a cynic), but I have yet to experience any of that in real life. Usually defeating or being better than someone results in them hating you more or similar
I completely agree but I tend to think about it like this: You are an antagonist and lose the fight against the protagonist. And the protagonist, stronger than you, gives you a chance to redeem yourself or face severe consequences (death), would you turn into a new leaf or lose your life? For me, I would turn over a new leaf than die.
(Aug. 10, 2021  9:31 PM)BurningSands Wrote: Although the “defeat means friendship” trope can be realistic at times, most of the time it seems to be idealized. A lot of such cases in anime show villains and bad guys becoming the protagonists’ friend after being defeated by them. Usually its a quick acceptance of friendship

hmm kinda similar to vegeta...
The actual look of goodness and joy in the world
(Aug. 10, 2021  8:36 PM)Dark red Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2021  3:34 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: Gotta disagree with ya there. Thats just shounen, as it’s marketed towards dudes. And there are a lot of strong women mentors in shounen, like Shinobu on Merlin from seven deadly sins. Also the whole fate series lol

Yeah, but there are those annoying cliche anime girls who be hitting the MC for no reason, calling the MC a "pervert", or being really jealous. And no girl I met IRL acts like that. Also, I know not all female characters aren't weak, just like Nobara (JJK) and Noelle (BC).

That’s fair. I honestly think that’s author’s tryna be funny, and failing. That’s why Kazuma from Konosuba is a defier of these tropes and a true advocate for gender equality
I just found this YT comment and it’s pretty much facts

“Demon Slayer: the only anime where a boy's sister turns into a demon.. He learns how to breath,and goes on a quest with sleepwalking Pikachu and peppa pig to kill Michael Jackson.”
(Apr. 03, 2021  11:21 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: How people just have random superpowers (ex. Stands, Personas, Quirks, Jutsus, etc)

persona explained that stuff tho so did mha