new to MFB

So I have never played before, and I am interested in just kind of jumping in with some friends. they play fairly competitively, and I was wandering what a few, maybe 3, good all around metal blades are that can compete with them. I have heard something about a wd145 being good, and I have heard a flash and duo are good, but I honestly know nothing and it is hard to find people in real life to talk to about this. What are some of the most competitive tops?
(Jan. 13, 2016  6:17 AM)Noahgs Wrote: So I have never played before, and I am interested in just kind of jumping in with some friends. they play fairly competitively, and I was wandering what a few, maybe 3, good all around metal blades are that can compete with them. I have heard something about a wd145 being good, and I have heard a flash and duo are good, but I honestly know nothing and it is hard to find people in real life to talk to about this. What are some of the most competitive tops?

The most competitive MFB top customizations can be found on the Top Tier/Competitive Combos list (there are several links in my signature for various formats). What Beyblades you should buy depends on what format you and your friends play. Flash and Duo are good Metal Wheels for Standard Format, but Duo is becoming more expensive as the only way to obtain it is through the Ultimate DX Set (which is a solid buy itself since it contains many useful parts).

It's tough to break down a format into 3 Beyblades, but ones you should definitely consider getting include:
  • Phantom Orion B:D
  • Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF
  • Flash Sagittario 230WD
  • Bandid Genbull F230TB
  • Ultimate DX Set
  • Synchrom Attack & Balance DX Set

These will allow you to make a variety of Top Tier combos such as MF-H Flash Orion S130LRF, Zirago/Genbull Dragooon SA165WD/B:D/F230GCF, and Duo ____ 230MB/F230GCF/B:D/SA165WD. However, if I had to narrow it down to exactly three Beyblades they would be Dark Knight Dragooon, Phantom Orion, and either Bandid Genbull or Hasbro's Thief Zirago so you can make Zirago/Genbull Dragooon B:D (though that's only one competitive combo).

And just for future reference, questions like these don't need their own topic, and would be better suited to the Purchase Consultation, Build Me a Combo, or Ask a Question, Get an Answer threads.
I think you could also get the Synchrom Stamina & Defense DX Set for Wyvang, Death Quetzalcoatl 125RDF for RDF and Hell Kerbecs BD145DS for BD145, it makes the powerful combo Wyvang Dragoon BD145RDF, I forgot if this is true but I think you can use an alternative chrome wheel if Wyvang isn't available, I think anyway.
@[Noahgs] you can buy some of following beys which are very good even they are stock and best to start with imo

Phantom Orion BGrin [it's very nice to start with as it have solo spin time of 7mins, have mode change, must for all bladers to own atleast one and best thing about it is it's very easy and cheap to get ($9 on ebay) due to it's so popular. even if you buy only this i'm sure you will able to win many maches with it]

Big Bang Pegasis [i know it's not best but it's fairly to start with as you said you're new to mfb, just make sure to not change mode of fusion wheel unless u master it and launch it in angle also try keeping beyblade in way it can send oponent out-of-stadium when it automaTICLY CHANGE MODE]

Hell Kerbecs BD145DS [if you watch beyblade cartoon, you can see how easily it beats it's opponent. it's really a strong bey it almost dominate any before 4D beys]

Basalt Tempo 145WD [i have only one thing to say about it, massively heavy! it's really heavy it can beat many beys]

Diablo Nemisis XGrin [if you can find one it's heaviest bey ever made,e it have mode change and can be used as attack type [in attack mode] defnce type if you need also you can use it in Ultimate Balance Mode in which it can change mode automatically]

[/hr]
once you become familiar with MFB you can move on to Syncrome [read about syncrome here https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&...M_E3DnmoXg ]

Synchrom DX Set Attack and Balance [it have some really good parts like Balro, GCF and SA165]
Synchrom DX Set Stamina and Defence [this set have some reallty competitve parts like Wyvang, Kraken, Balro]

see top-tier list which have best and strongest combos around http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Stan...Discussion

if you have anyother question or need some help feel free to pm me
(Jan. 13, 2016  9:55 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: @[Noahgs] you can buy some of following beys which are very good even they are stock and best to start with imo

Phantom Orion BGrin [it's very nice to start with as it have solo spin time of 7mins, have mode change, must for all bladers to own atleast one and best thing about it is it's very easy and cheap to get ($9 on ebay) due to it's so popular. even if you buy only this i'm sure you will able to win many maches with it]

Big Bang Pegasis [i know it's not best but it's fairly to start with as you said you're new to mfb, just make sure to not change mode of fusion wheel unless u master it and launch it in angle also try keeping beyblade in way it can send oponent out-of-stadium when it automaTICLY CHANGE MODE]

Hell Kerbecs BD145DS [if you watch beyblade cartoon, you can see how easily it beats it's opponent. it's really a strong bey it almost dominate any before 4D beys]

Basalt Tempo 145WD [i have only one thing to say about it, massively heavy! it's really heavy it can beat many beys]

Diablo Nemisis XGrin [if you can find one it's heaviest bey ever made,e it have mode change and can be used as attack type [in attack mode] defnce type if you need also you can use it in Ultimate Balance Mode in which it can change mode automatically]

[/hr]
once you become familiar with MFB you can move on to Syncrome [read about syncrome here https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&...M_E3DnmoXg ]

Synchrom DX Set Attack and Balance [it have some really good parts like Balro, GCF and SA165]
Synchrom DX Set Stamina and Defence [this set have some reallty competitve parts like Wyvang, Kraken, Balro]

see top-tier list which have best and strongest combos around http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Stan...Discussion

I think You could change Big Bang Pegasus with L drago Destroy or Vari Ares D : D. Vari Ares was once a top tier metal wheel with high attack power , but be careful with recoils. With Diablo it's okay, it can be used with attack combos and Balance combos. Hell Kerbecs is also okay, but i really recommend to get the sets that you mentioned. + the Ultimate DX Set which includes okay or great parts: Duo, Wing , Ldrago Guardian, 90, S130 , MB, 230 , WD , WF, RF + an LR and Metal Faces, which is very necessary.
(Jan. 13, 2016  9:55 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: @[Noahgs] you can buy some of following beys which are very good even they are stock and best to start with imo

[/hr]

What?... The Hell Kerbecs one, the show has nothing to do with how well it does in real life, or else in that regard, Poison Serpent would be really strong. Plus, Big Bang Pegasis isn't that good for beginners, I personally think the Strongest Blader Set or Ultimate DX Set are good for that.
But the sets you mention(Ultimate DX Set and Strongest Blader's Set) are pretty expensive. I think he should start with:
Storm Pegasis 105RF
Hell Kerbecs BD145DS
Ultimate DX Synchrome Set Defence and Balance
Flash Saggitario 230WD
Super Deck Set
Dark Knight Dragoon LW160BSF
Well I think these would be a nice purchase for beginnersSmile I think.
Please correct me if I am wrongSmile
(Jan. 13, 2016  10:46 AM)vikrambeyblade Wrote: But the sets you mention(Ultimate DX Set and Strongest Blader's Set) are pretty expensive. I think he should start with:
Storm Pegasis 105RF
Hell Kerbecs BD145DS
Flash Saggitario 230WD
Super Deck Set
It would be nice. But i'd recommend him to add more bucks to get Gryph Dragoon pack 2 thingy to replace the Dark Knight Dragooon LW160BSF. And it really depends on how many bucks he's willing to give.

But he should really buy Hell Kerbecs BD145DS to get BD145 , Samurai Pegasus would be a much better buy than storm pegasus. R2F is good. Flash Sagittario 230WD is good. the Super Deck Set is pretty good however you could replace it with Bandid Genbull F230TB for Genbull , F230, TB.and Gladiator Bahamdia SP230GF for Bahamdia and GF.
(Jan. 13, 2016  10:46 AM)vikrambeyblade Wrote: But the sets you mention(Ultimate DX Set and Strongest Blader's Set) are pretty expensive. I think he should start with:
Storm Pegasis 105RF
Hell Kerbecs BD145DS
Flash Saggitario 230WD
Super Deck Set

Well, in that case, he should definitely get Phantom Orion BGrin to start with, one of the best stamina beyblades stock, and has a lot of useful parts.
Oh thanks for correcting me.
@[Get Rekt] RF is much easier to control. And Bandid Genbu is also a nice choiceSmile
(Jan. 13, 2016  1:06 PM)vikrambeyblade Wrote: Oh thanks for correcting me.
@[Get Rekt] RF is much easier to control. And Bandid Genbu is also a nice choiceSmile
It is , how ever R2F i said is a good alternative than other tips. And you get Pegasus (chrome wheel) , rather than Storm. Pegasus can be paired With Bahamdia , which is viable.
@[J.I.N.B.E.E!] and @[Get Rekt], i said BBP cuz it's easier to control then V, considering how much recoil Variares have it's easy to KO with DGrin and it's not very good for begainer

and Get Rekt Bandid Gembu is good but for it's parts only, in stock it won't perform very good. as i was recommending for new to beyblade blader so i suggest to use what will make him good at launching and controling movement of bey.
(Jan. 14, 2016  7:53 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: @[J.I.N.B.E.E!] and @[Get Rekt], i said BBP cuz it's easier to control then V, considering how much recoil Variares have it's easy to KO with DGrin and it's not very good for begainer

and Get Rekt Bandid Gembu is good but for it's parts only, in stock it won't perform very good. as i was recommending for new to beyblade blader so i suggest to use what will make him good at launching and controling movement of bey.
I said he " Could" replace BBP with Variares, meaning if he can he should. It doesn't necessarily need to be stock. plus VariAres' D : D is a bit better than BBP's F : D I mean, you could easily tornado stall BBP in his first mode , then when it's in its final drive mode , it has no strength, while D : D is very versatile if he wants stock , plus a Vari Ares.
I think Big Bang Pegasus is not necessary. And Variares has great smash attack and powerTongue_out_wink I think Variares is betterSmile
BBP is more or less useless - F : D is awful, BBP itself isn't great, and Pegasis III is only mildly useful for Defense and Stamina. Even Variares is rather outclassed at this point, since D : D was never all that useful (though it's a fun part anyways) and Variares is recoily and has less Attack power than Flash does. Flash is all-around a much better pick, since Flash is great, Sagittario II is pretty good for Stamina (and passable Defense-wise if you have a heavy one), 230 is good to have, and you can never have too many mint WDs (actually you can, but it's still a nice part).

Though, honestly, to be very competitive in Standard, you could probably get away with just:
Synchrome DX Set Defense and Stamina
- This thing has an insane amount of value. 4 top tier Chrome Wheels, plus E230. All you need is an RF and you're good to go for both mobile Defense and Attack.
Death Quetzalcoatl
- RDF. This tip is incredibly powerful for Defense, especially on Dragooon, where it also works well with its spin-stealing abilities. (also Death but who cares anymore)
- Hasbro's Air Synchrome 2-pack. Archer Griffin is worthless (C145S hahahaha) but Dragooon and SA165 are Standard staples, and Ronin hits crazy hard in Limited.
- Storm Pegasis or something else with RF. If you are interested in Limited, the BB-96 Super Deck Set is great.
- Something with BD145. There's either the obvious option (Hell Kerbecs), one of the Random Booster beyblades with BD145 (Vulcan Horogium BD145RS is the best, plus it has an awesome CLEAR BD145), or potentially the Meteor Shower Attack 2-pack from Hasbro. The set includes Meteo L-Drago (a great spin-stealer in Limited), BD145, and RSF (both great Defense parts).
- Earth Eagle or Earth Virgo, depending on whether or not you already have WD. Get Earth Virgo for GB145 and Earth (Earth for Limited Defense and Stamina, GB145 for Limited Defense and Attack in all formats), but get Earth Eagle instead if you need more WDs for some reason.

The end results of all this:
Standard:
Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
- This combo is ridiculously powerful, with a great mix of Defense, Attack, and Stamina.
Revizer Killerken E230RSF/RDF/RF
- Very solid Defense.
Wyvang Balro GB145RF
- Powerful Attack. The synergy between Wyvang and Balro isn't great, but you're still stacking two top-tier Attack parts on top of each other...
Revizer/Killerken Dragooon SA165WD
- Not the best spin stealer (Girago and EWD would improve it somewhat) but still a good Stamina pick.
Limited:
Dark Knight Wyvang (Crystal Up) GB145/85 (if you bought the Super Deck Set) RF
- Lots and lots of Attack.
MF-H Pegasis 85/145RF
- Again, great Attack. A little more consistent than Dark Knight, though also kind of recoily-feeling.
MF-H Earth Virgo/Cancer GB145RSF
- Good Defense. 85 may be better.
Earth Cancer/Virgo 145WD
- Good Stamina.
MF-H/MF-L Meteo L-Drago 145WD
- A great spin-stealer for Limited, though lightweight.
(Jan. 14, 2016  11:11 AM)caek Wrote: Archer Griffin is worthless (C145S hahahaha)
Uhm, not too sure about that ,it atleast has value you know, The Gryph Chrome wheel , which is very useful when it comes to balance combos, and can be paired with Pegasus for the attack combo Gryph Pegasus bla bla bla Bla bla bla. All of the beyblades and sets you mentioned are great.
(Jan. 14, 2016  1:31 PM)Get Rekt Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2016  11:11 AM)caek Wrote: Archer Griffin is worthless (C145S hahahaha)
Uhm, not too sure about that ,it atleast has value you know, The Gryph Chrome wheel , which is very useful when it comes to balance combos, and can be paired with Pegasus for the attack combo Gryph Pegasus bla bla bla Bla bla bla. All of the beyblades and sets you mentioned are great.

I would definitely agree that Gryph is nice for revealing contact points on Attack wheels, but aside from that and Gryph^2 E230BSF it doesn't have much use. I was mostly referring to Archer, C145, and S being bad rather than Gryph itself.
(Jan. 14, 2016  5:26 PM)caek Wrote:
(Jan. 14, 2016  1:31 PM)Get Rekt Wrote:

I would definitely agree that Gryph is nice for revealing contact points on Attack wheels, but aside from that and Gryph^2 E230BSF it doesn't have much use. I was mostly referring to Archer, C145, and S being bad rather than Gryph itself.
Oh, Sorry, i actually thought you meant the full beyblade itself.