energy drinks (post whatever the carp you want)

(Nov. 09, 2008  4:45 PM)bugturtles Wrote: bumping up to ask about some energy drinks

now i know these are bad for you (ESPECIALLY IN EXCESS [basically 1.5/2+ cans for me]) taking into consideration that these are stimulants, but i will not be drinking like 2 (at the very least) a week. just occasionally/once in a while. looking for a good drink to

what would you guys recommend out of these? while FRS will be my "healthy energy drink", it's still bitter and the aftertaste is ew. take into consideration taste as well as energy, severity of crashing, and approximate length of time before crash.

Rockstar
Monster
NoS

I can get one litre of boost for like £1 here. Not sure how that translates for americans...
I DID NOT ASK ABOUT COST JUST THINGS ABOUT CRASH/ENERGY/TASTE D:

because everything besides from FRS is 2 USD (while FRS is 2.5 or higher)
(Nov. 09, 2008  10:21 PM)bugturtles Wrote: I DID NOT ASK ABOUT COST JUST THINGS ABOUT CRASH/ENERGY/TASTE D:

because everything besides from FRS is 2 USD (while FRS is 2.5 or higher)

i told you about that stuff thoght!!
Fine then. I think they all have the same taste tbh. Maybe red bull is a little bit nicer but way more expensive than boost. I hear red rooster sucks and I had relentless and it's just weak red bull.

There are some weird fruit flavouts of relentless but it's just relentless mixed with orange juice or more flavourings, you may as well just drink orange juice. Boost has made me crash a few times later in the night. I'd say it makes me crash, though not that badly, around 5 hours afterwards? That's after I drink like 500ml or a litre.

My friend drank 2 litres in like 2 minutes and threw up so I advise against that LOL
(Nov. 10, 2008  11:07 AM)Pikachao Wrote: Fine then. I think they all have the same taste tbh. Maybe red bull is a little bit nicer but way more expensive than boost. I hear red rooster sucks and I had relentless and it's just weak red bull.

There are some weird fruit flavouts of relentless but it's just relentless mixed with orange juice or more flavourings, you may as well just drink orange juice. Boost has made me crash a few times later in the night. I'd say it makes me crash, though not that badly, around 5 hours afterwards? That's after I drink like 500ml or a litre.

My friend drank 2 litres in like 2 minutes and threw up so I advise against that LOL

they doont taste the same only a few do and the ones that do have a worst/better crash and kick
(Nov. 10, 2008  6:29 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: they doont taste the same only a few do and the ones that do have a worst/better crash and kick

Maybe my tastebuds are bad, but I can hardly tell the difference between boost, red bull and relentless if at all.
(Nov. 10, 2008  8:05 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2008  6:29 PM)darkbladerx200 Wrote: they doont taste the same only a few do and the ones that do have a worst/better crash and kick

Maybe my tastebuds are bad, but I can hardly tell the difference between boost, red bull and relentless if at all.

boost and red bull are the same =) but relenless has an amzing taste but theve made new ingrdents to taste like red bull but try look out for cloassic relntless
If I'm doing an up-all-night RP session, my energy drink of choice is... well, honestly it's coffee, but if I'm going for something at the corner store, I'll grab a Monster Kaos or M-80. If I actually need to get up for work after a night of insomnia, I snag one of those 5 hour energy shots.
I like Amp, but that's because I like Mountain Dew. I limit my intake of these soft drinks. I drink tea, mostly. God, I ought to... I have about 15 Teavana loose teas which I brew at precise temperatures for certain periods of time <3;
(Nov. 11, 2008  6:44 PM)Spinster Wrote: If I'm doing an up-all-night RP session, my energy drink of choice is... well, honestly it's coffee, but if I'm going for something at the corner store, I'll grab a Monster Kaos or M-80. If I actually need to get up for work after a night of insomnia, I snag one of those 5 hour energy shots.

monster kaos and m-80 are porbly the 2 best monsters out there
(Nov. 11, 2008  6:57 PM)Anubis Wrote: I like Amp, but that's because I like Mountain Dew. I limit my intake of these soft drinks. I drink tea, mostly. God, I ought to... I have about 15 Teavana loose teas which I brew at precise temperatures for certain periods of time <3;

Whenever you say "I gotta go have tea" (as in dinner) american people assume we mean go drink tea. Once three people in our party on WoW had to go for tea and some canadian person said "carp! You guys drink too much damn tea!". We couldn't stop laughing =P

But honestly, PG tips ftw. Joyful_3
I'm an Earl Grey fan, m'self.

Does anyone else remember Surge? I freakin' loved that stuff.
(Nov. 12, 2008  9:46 PM)Spinster Wrote: I'm an Earl Grey fan, m'self.

Does anyone else remember Surge? I freakin' loved that stuff.

Btw, on a sidenote, dr pepper + mentos mints = FUN =D

Had panda pops today. Was g00d.

EDIT: Btw mountain dew is to be renamed Mtn Dew soon.
(Nov. 12, 2008  9:46 PM)Spinster Wrote: I'm an Earl Grey fan, m'self.

high fives for fruit loop tea
Aw yeah, you know it, dawg!
i drank some "double shot starbucks energy drink", which my dad bought as we couldn't find monster or a single can of nos.

didn't do anything and it tasted horrible
(Nov. 12, 2008  11:32 PM)bugturtles Wrote: i drank some "double shot starbucks energy drink", which my dad bought as we couldn't find monster or a single can of nos.

The starbucks near where I live gave me decaf because I was under 16. I demanded a refund, spoke to the manager, and got it.

He said it was store policy to give decaff to under 16s. -.-
(Nov. 12, 2008  11:32 PM)bugturtles Wrote: i drank some "double shot starbucks energy drink", which my dad bought as we couldn't find monster or a single can of nos.

get the frapuccinos they're yum
(Nov. 12, 2008  11:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:

get the frapuccinos they're yum

Yeah I've heard that, do they actually have coffee in? I'm not too into coffee, when I bought it, it was just kinda to keep me awake. Ironic as they gave me decaff. -.-
how you kids drink this stuff? i had one sip of these things once and my chest began to hurt
artie: i read somewhere that energy drinks can cause heart palpitation to some

i think this is expected, as it's pretty much a stimulant (a strong one at that, if you look at the nutrient facts labels)

it is safe to say that that drink i took today was my first full serving of coffee. last time i drank coffee, it was bitter and i completely stayed away from it. i just drink juice or ice water in the mornings.
well, coffee and these energy drinks are a bit different. coffee, in moderation, is actually very good for you. not sure you can say the same about these energy drinks (which are usually filled with so much sugar that makes them really unhealthy)
true.

i'll drink energy drinks on occasion and not be like the guy i know who drinks 2x monsters a day. i don't know how he can do that in all honesty.
(Nov. 12, 2008  11:45 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: get the frapuccinos they're yum

They're a little too sweet for my tastes. With the exception of pumpkin spice flavoured coffee, I tend to drink mine black with no sugar. Gotta love that bean juice! I'm especially partial to any hazelnut flavoured coffee, but I still like it black.
Buddy of mine used to go through a 6-pack of monsters every couple days. He didn't realize it until the end of the semestre when we went to take in all our beer and soda cans/bottles. He kept his in a large closet and had been letting them build up for a year. We got something like $80 back in Monster cans alone.

And yeah, energy drinks really aren't that great for you. Guarana's somewhat dangerous in the form it's used in energy drinks. And don't even get me started on Taurine. You don't want to know how they get that.
Oh god, the people in my Psychology class drink like..3 bottles of Boost a day, plus a mountain of coffee.
Really can't be good having that much Caffiene can it? Chocked_2

Spinster: how do they get Taurine? I've never actually found out XD