energy drinks (post whatever the carp you want)

If I see one more person on YJA using a box of those things as a size metre to beyblades, i'll reach through the computer and wring their necks!
It's seriously as though they're egging kids on to smoke them while playing XD

(I know they're good for size metreing, but please Chocked_2)
And? Listen, we all know that unless one starts smoking young, he or she will never be cool. That's the plain and simple truth of it. And what better way to start than with rich, smooth Camels. Cut from the finest Arabian tobacco leaves, for that slow burn that keeps you satisfied.
(Nov. 23, 2008  2:10 PM)Spinster Wrote: And? Listen, we all know that unless one starts smoking young, he or she will never be cool. That's the plain and simple truth of it. And what better way to start than with rich, smooth Camels. Cut from the finest Arabian tobacco leaves, for that slow burn that keeps you satisfied.

XD! Ain't that the truth?
Indeed. But back to camels. Did you know the average camel lives about 40 years? Or that they have a top speed of 40 mph in short bursts, with a sustainable speed of around 25 mph? Considering their low fuel needs, it's something to consider in the midst of an energy crisis.
(Nov. 24, 2008  3:21 PM)Spinster Wrote: Indeed. But back to camels. Did you know the average camel lives about 40 years? Or that they have a top speed of 40 mph in short bursts, with a sustainable speed of around 25 mph? Considering their low fuel needs, it's something to consider in the midst of an energy crisis.

That's...insane O_O That's like, the average speed of a car going down the road fast enough to kill someone.
As long as camels don't start killing things because they hate the world, then I'm fine with the fact they are fast as hell.
They have also been used militarily, as they are nearly as good a mount as a horse, and they terrify horses, which works well to intimidate opponent's steeds. The US had an active Camel Corps in the 19th century, stationed in California, and at one point in the US Civil War, camels were employed as mounts, but later abandoned as a tactic, as they were disliked by the soldiers.
Speaking of crazy military vehicle ideas, did you know that the US Dept. of Defense at one time considered using skateboards for transport in urban combat scenarios? Link: http://www.defensetech.org/archives/002321.html
Quote:camels were employed as mounts, but later abandoned as a tactic, as they were disliked by the soldiers.

So many haters. D=

Camels are awesome, I never knew they intimidated horses. I'm surprised they weren't used in more wars. Maybe they were but I didn't hear about it... =O

Screw getting a car, I'm getting a camel. Wait, is that even legal? What do they eat? o.O
Typically varied greens. They also have phenomenal immune systems and are well noted for their ability to go long periods of time without water (contrary to belief, water is not stored in the hump(s), which mainly consist of fat deposits).
Wow, I just noticed Elliot is like Encyclopedia Brown! lol this thread is getting pretty off-topic...not that I'm helping!
I don't give a damn what the thread was originally about. It's the camel factoid thread now. Ethiopians consider camel milk an aphrodisiac.
Not to mention that they have uber long eyelashes lol. I heard that's to keep the sand out of their eyes or something? Wow, I never really realised how badass camels are.
Truly, camels are nature's assault vehicles.
Camels? CHOCOBOS OSTRICHES are where it's at! They can run fast AND lay massive eggs! Can camels do that? I THINK NOT
(Nov. 30, 2008  7:38 PM)Doompenguin Wrote: Camels? CHOCOBOS OSTRICHES are where it's at! They can run fast AND lay massive eggs! Can camels do that? I THINK NOT

LOL

But camels can spit in your face a lot better, and I'm pretty sure that without water that ostritch would die quite quickly. Dodos seemed cooler tbh. You just can't tell me this doesn't look awesome.

[Image: dodo.jpg]

=D
they look like turkeys but dumber and somehow less aerodynamic
(Dec. 01, 2008  10:05 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: they look like turkeys but dumber and somehow less aerodynamic

I second that notion.

Ostriches are uber mean though, Pikachao, do not underestimate them. they'll take your eyes out.
If the dodo was so badass, it wouldn't have gone extinct, would it? Camels can vomit out their stomaches at you! They literally flip it inside out and cough it up, showering you in stomach acid. carp awesome.
(Dec. 01, 2008  6:12 PM)Spinster Wrote: If the dodo was so badass, it wouldn't have gone extinct, would it? Camels can vomit out their stomaches at you! They literally flip it inside out and cough it up, showering you in stomach acid. carp awesome.

Holy carp, that's awesome, not to mention it would be PAINFUL! xD

The dodo was badass, it's just that very few people hunt and eat camels if I'm correct.
(Dec. 02, 2008  1:11 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
(Dec. 01, 2008  6:12 PM)Spinster Wrote: If the dodo was so badass, it wouldn't have gone extinct, would it? Camels can vomit out their stomaches at you! They literally flip it inside out and cough it up, showering you in stomach acid. carp awesome.

Holy carp, that's awesome, not to mention it would be PAINFUL! xD

The dodo was badass, it's just that very few people hunt and eat camels if I'm correct.

http://www.osgrow.com/index.php?document=9

You were saying?
bump!
I've always wanted to do that on beywiki Pinching_eyes_2
(Dec. 03, 2008  12:11 AM)shikamaru526 Wrote: bump!
I've always wanted to do that on beywiki >.<

this is not what i meant