brain teasers

(Dec. 26, 2010  3:02 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Dec. 26, 2010  1:21 AM)Moss Wrote: What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, and has a bed but never sleeps??

A river. That was one of the most cliched and overused riddles, by the way.

I didn't know that althought I have heard it like 3 times so in that respect you are correct.
(Dec. 29, 2010  11:03 PM)momiji manju Wrote: In any case, there is no such thing as absolute truth

That is a self-refuting statement.
Hah, how pedantic.

How about "truth is relative"?
Well, that is your worldview, and I don't intend to argue or convince you of something else, I just thought you should see the flaw in your original statement. Anyway seeing how discussion of postmodern philosophy has nothing to do with brain teasers I'll leave it at that.

This is a pretty good one. Think music.
A pregnant lady named her children: Dominique, Regis, Michelle, Fawn, Sophie and Lara. What will she name her next child? Jessica, Katie, Abby or Tilly?
(Dec. 30, 2010  2:37 PM)momiji manju Wrote: How about "truth is relative"?

Sorry, I had to. XD

(Dec. 30, 2010  2:50 PM)Thresher Wrote: This is a pretty good one. Think music.
A pregnant lady named her children: Dominique, Regis, Michelle, Fawn, Sophie and Lara. What will she name her next child? Jessica, Katie, Abby or Tilly?

Ti. I mean Tilly.
Did I make it to easy? I put the hint in there because that is the only way to make it seem fair.
(Dec. 29, 2010  11:03 PM)momiji manju Wrote: Wow how terribly cliche for people trying to sound intellectual.
I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to sound 'intellectual.' I really wanted to know what people thought of as reality. This has to do with the quote I posted, too. Can we consider [all people] to be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs, and is their world percieved differently than someone elses? I have always wondered what it would be like to wake up as someone else, if just for a day, to see what their life is like, and how they percieve the world.
1.Three identical looking umbrellas are sitting upright in a stand. Assuming the owners don't check the umbrella's labels, what percentage chance is there that only two people walk off with their own umbrella?

-

2.Somebody ate the butcher's sausages! Here's what the four boys have to say:

A: "B ate the sausages!"
B: "D ate the all up!"
C: "I didn't eat them, no way!"
D: "B's totally lying!"

Only one of these rascals are telling the truth and all the others are, needless to say, lying. Can you figure out who ate the sausages?
C did a lore always overacts
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:32 AM)Ra Wrote: C did a lore always overacts

Are you saying that C did it? ( I don't understand what you are saying )
C ate the sausages that's what I'm sayin
Yeah!!!!!!!

1.Take me out,scratch my head. My head is now black but was once red. WHAT AM I?
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:27 AM)ш Wrote: 1.Three identical looking umbrellas are sitting upright in a stand. Assuming the owners don't check the umbrella's labels, what percentage chance is there that only two people walk off with their own umbrella?
If two people take the correct umbrella, then the third person should also pick up the correct one because there is only one left.

Probability of all three taking the right umbrella: 1 in 6
All three taking the wrong umbrella: 1 in 3
Only one person taking the wrong umbrella: 1 in 2
There is no way only one person can take the wrong umbrella...
So if it impossible for one person to have the wrong umbrella then the percentage of it would be 0%.
(Jan. 02, 2011  1:37 AM)Ra Wrote: Yeah!!!!!!!

1.Take me out,scratch my head. My head is now black but was once red. WHAT AM I?
You are a match.
yex you are right
I jump, I wobble, I die. I am a beyblade. What am I?
(Dec. 23, 2010  1:46 AM)FrenchFrieZâ„¢ Wrote:
A midget went to his apartment, and walked in the elevator. He pressed the 10th button two times, then he decided to walk, why did he press the button two times?

He was a midget, couldn't reach to 20th button.

Except the higher buttons are lower on an elevator.

I got one

Two cannibals were chatting as they had their dinner. One complained that he really quite disliked his new mother-in-law. What was the advice given to him by his companion?

spoiler- Just eat your vegetables.
(Jan. 07, 2011  4:20 PM)iBslick Wrote: Two cannibals were chatting as they had their dinner. One complained that he really quite disliked his new mother-in-law. What was the advice given to him by his companion?

spoiler- Just eat your vegetables.

His advice was "EAT HER!"
I got one but I bet everyones solved it

"What has 4 legs in the morning, 2 legs at noon and 3 legs in the evening"

Here's another one:
"I am as big as an elephant yet I weigh nothing... What am I?"

Last one:
"While I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Each of those wives had seven sacks, inside the sacks there was seven cats and each of the cats had seven kittens... How many were going to St. Ives?"
(Jan. 07, 2011  2:10 PM)究極のブレーダー Wrote: I jump, I wobble, I die. I am a beyblade. What am I?

Not a good brain teaser.

"While I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Each of those wives had seven sacks, inside the sacks there was seven cats and each of the cats had seven kittens... How many were going to St. Ives?"

1 you.
(Jan. 07, 2011  4:37 PM)Thresher Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2011  2:10 PM)究極のブレーダー Wrote: I jump, I wobble, I die. I am a beyblade. What am I?

Not a good brain teaser.

1 you.

(Jan. 07, 2011  4:48 PM)iBslick Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2011  4:37 PM)Thresher Wrote:

Not a good brain teaser.

1 you.

Nothing in that paragraph indicates that the man is heading to St Ives. It only states that the traveler met him on the way. In addition, if that man was going to St. Ives with all of those people it would be 23 people not 22.