beybladeforums.com elegantly suspended by lovely webmasters

Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ozuma Wrote:Reminds me of what Uki did to BBS. That was pretty annoying actually...

Kind of like this? Lips_sealed

Well I had the brains to abandon it long before that happened so it wasn't AS annoying to me.
It's funny, Zanon was always emphasizing to me that just because he didn't go there often, he still cared.

I ... I guess not?
I really think they should have sent out a warning before closing it, that was carp of them. But I don't blame them for the act of closing it down - they would never win everyone back and whenever a little something went wrong, this whole mess would be thrown back in their face.

Still, I don't think anyone really cares? LOL. It doesn't matter who's in charge, as long as there is a good Beyblade site around! Smile
I don't think anyone would blame them for closing the site; it's the manner which they closed it that is deplorable.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:It's very definitely a recurring pattern. Don't you agree?

not really

otc went missing because i really had no alternative
damashii was warned prior to closing
bbf is a bunch of power-hungry psychopaths pmsing

Not those. I'm meaning all the little reunions. You know, like Fun City or stuff. It's like mushrooms.
Damashii wasn't warned prior to it's closing. Beholder put a message up saying that he had to fix something with the bandwith or something. He said the site would be down for a week. It never came back up.
Again, regarding pretty much anything at BBF, I lol'd
MIGRATION! MIGRATION!

Yeah, I was like trying to get to the boards and it came up a blank. So I decided to move here. I knew about Beywiki, but I thought it was just a wiki and not an actual forum...lol.

Well, I don't know the full story why they closed, but they could of atleast gave a warning.
Interesting. They should have had that ready first. Forum software DOES have a "close board" feature that still leaves the board up, but unaccessible.

I hope they can get their acts together. One question, though: why? They all dislike Beyblade. Lips_sealed

Updated the thread title to reflect these developments.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath: I've never really seen any ZP-related projects reach fruition. They're guys who like to hype a lot but never deliver.
How many times has zeropositive and other related projects closed or "taking a break" now? It's like they come back with a bang, promise everything but never do anything, then they close the site, then the cycle starts over again. I'm not complaining or anything, it's just kind of sad, as they could really make a huge and great website if they put their heads together and worked on what they planned.
they're only making things worse for themselves. im sure if we ignore them they give us enough laughs as they bring themselves down
John Wrote:How many times has zeropositive and other related projects closed or "taking a break" now? It's like they come back with a bang, promise everything but never do anything, then they close the site, then the cycle starts over again. I'm not complaining or anything, it's just kind of sad, as they could really make a huge and great website if they put their heads together and worked on what they planned.

This is dead on.

It's just weird that they all say they don't have time or interest for Beyblade, but are reworking the site? Seems like they're just trying to protect their egos.
Artie Wrote:so i can archive stuff. sweet
[Image: bush_dance.gif]
what the HELL man
A few hours ago you could still post going through the forums and avoiding the home page. Now all the forums appear to have been erased or something.
THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING

I really wish it was. I'd love to see them actually accomplish something someday. Like John said, they really could make something special if they wanted too.

Also, I hope BBF comes back soon. If only to see how much Zanon and the rest of the administration change, or how little..
I don't see what they're going to do though. Are they going to get new admins or something?

If they take too long, nobody will care.
Tamer Brad Wrote:I don't see what they're going to do though. Are they going to get new admins or something?

If they take too long, nobody will care.

Who knows? It will be interesting to see what happens though. For all we know they may have just decided to shut them down for a while like they did earlier when things were getting out of hand. I guess this could be true because in the image it says "We just felt that it was convenient time to take a break and regroup ourselves.".
Alice Wrote:I don't blame them in the slightest. Everyone was making it so hard for them, I don't think they had a choice.

What?!

We weren't making it hard for them at all. They really brought it upon themselves. They were lousy at running the place and we made it readily apparent to them. They promised us a place where everyone could come and have fun; a place where everyone from previous sites could congregate and discuss beyblade. They failed in numerous ways to deliver this promise on top of all the other promises they never fulfilled. (G-Rev Subs anyone?)

It was disgusting the way they handled the place. Rai was pretty much money bags, keeping the place afloat with the money he so loved to brag about. He was never active on the forum but should anything happen that he didn't like (Brad becoming Admin, for instance) he made damn sure everyone knew about it. Well carp dude, if things aren't being handled the way you want them to be, why not take active control?

Zanon and Guardian X were no better. Guardian X may as well have never existed for all the times he visited. It really made no difference whether he was there or not. Zanon liked to lurk anonymously so that no one would know when he was actually on, every two or three times a month that he was. People brought problems to his attention and nothing was done about them except for maybe locking a topic or two. That was it. Then there was the drama with Artie being banned and (regrettably) what I did there that was really just shrugged off by the administration. Obviously I was banned, but that was really the extent of it. I thought for sure the forum would tank then, but miraculously it didn't. I knew it wouldn't last much longer because there was a huge problem with those in charge there. They never did their jobs and when they attempted to they did it so shoddily that it may as well have been left alone.

I'm with Brad. I really think they just took the forum down so they could take some time to care for their wounded egos. I don't ever expect to see it return. Beyblade Forums is going to be ZeroPositive all over again. They'll promise us for months that they're coming back with some huge feature (Again I'm referencing the G-Rev subs that never happened) and they'll never do it. That image they have up there now will likely be there for months, if not for good.

Honestly, good riddance. This forum has already proven itself to be much more well managed and I know that we're in capable hands here. Brad ran one of the largest beyblade sites ever before Beywiki and I trust that he knows what he's doing. He's dedicated to the sport and as the original creator of the Wiki, I know he'll follow through on his proposals and even if he doesn't, there's likely to be a good reason behind it, not a shady response such as "Oh well we don't really have time anymore".

Ugh. /end rant
I just can't stand the repetitiveness of it. Every year when I'm at roughtly 400 post I leave and boom something happens, someone gets banned, we argue about it, we settle down they close the site, and its wash rinse repeat.
Thresher Wrote:I just can't stand the repetitiveness of it. Every year when I'm at roughtly 400 post I leave and boom something happens, someone gets banned, we argue about it, we settle down they close the site, and its wash rinse repeat.

banning you for tempting fate

we don't look kindly to that around here

Roan: Thanks for the support, really. I don't really blame them for not doing a good enough job. However, I do blame them for getting in the way of others doing a good job.
Go to the site now it's been changed, and it looks rather cute.
Ozuma Wrote:Go to the site now it's been changed, and it looks rather cute.

Late to the party; we've been discussing this for a while.