Your Culture or bloodline

In this thread you can share your culture and why you like it or why you don't. You are also welcome to share your bloodline. Also you cam have a discussion about it.

I am greek. I like it because there are very few greeks in the world.Unhappy My grat grandfather on my dad's side decided to go to America with nothing but the clothes on his back. I'm not really sure what unit of travel he used to get here. After that he ,arried another full greek. But then they had a child, my grandmother. Then my grandmother married a non greek, he had no greek at all. Then they had my father, now half greek. Then my father married a non greek and had me. I am a quarter greek. My culture is christian. Though I do like reading about greek myths because they are very interesting,and I do believe in them.
I have a very early Germanic ancestry, the ancestor from my mothers side is actually Clara Barton, of Red Cross fame.
My culture/religion is hindu. Like you Andy123 i also like greek myths and stories but the only difference is that i believe in them.
(Mar. 08, 2012  4:43 PM)THE DRAGOON Wrote: My culture/religion is hindu. Like you Andy123 i also like greek myths and stories but the only difference is that i believe in them.
You believe in them? You know, I didn't want to say this, but I also find them real. I thought I was the only one though. My favorite story is Jason and the Argonaughts or Hucules twelve labors. The only thing is in every one somebody who has overcome many challenges just sits down and gets crushed by his past. In the Argonaughts this happens literally.

Also, if you believe in them, don't call the "Myths"
Even though I am a christian, I bend the rules a bit, like I shouldn't believe in greek tales if I am christian.
i love myths of greeks, norse, indians and many others i also like to read about history of many countries and thus very interested and completed whole series of assassin's creed and god of war and have full understanding of their story lines. I m a hindu in particular a pure brahmin, all members of my father's side were engaged in agricutural side until my grandfather decided to come out of agricultural proffesion on the other hand in my mothers side everyone was from well known good families my great maternal grandfather was an accountant, moneylander and interested in properties and was millionare and got to jail many times with nathuram godse [one who killed his teacher mahtma gandhi] in struggle for independence of india.
i can actually say im related to someone famous but before that a lil insight on MY blood line on my moms side the farthest i have seen in terms of countries is some country named Bosnia and now onto an ancestor of mine or should i say great uncle. My grandma paine who was my great grandmother is related to a man called Thomas Paine a man who wrote the pamphlet common sense which was read to washingtons troops in the revolution. Other than that my grandmas paines father sorta worked with george washington carver.
I am slightly Celtic, and part German, but I am mostly White American.
(Mar. 10, 2012  3:19 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I am slightly Celtic, and part German, but I am mostly White American.
You have to share your bloodline too. By bloodline I mean what your relatives did or how your family got to where you are now.

im part british and jamacan
I'm Christian. Funny thing: I heard from my grandparents I'm related to Clark (Sacagawea) and a man who guarded George Washington. I'm also part Irish, English, distantly Italian, and Czech.
Guten Tag! Ich ist Deutsch

I'm mostly German. My grandmother's family (On my ads side) was pure Germans, but they left and came to America before the Holocaust. I also have German blood from other parts of my family.My grandfather (On my dad's side) is also German. He was the one who carried my last name: Ramey, which is actually a German name. My mom also has German blood coming from her side of the family too.

I also have Italian in me, which can be seen a little bit in my skin tone. And I'm also English (Like, real English. From England), French Canadian, Irish, and French. I have some other stuff in me too, but I don't know what it is.

As for my beliefs, I'm Christian.

@ THE DRAGOON and @Andy12 - People actually believe in those? I always thought you were supposed to believe in the life lessons they taught, rather than the story itself. Guess I was wrong. I always thought they were interesting, but I stick to my own beliefs.
I'm supposed to be of English, Scottish, Irish, and Sioux Indian descent.

Religion: I'm a Baptist Christian.
I am a geek when it comes to greek. I used to be personally tought by a greek man who actually thinks it is real.
I know many gods like Hades, Pan, Athena etc.

I dont really have a best myth but if I had to choose, I would choose the cyclops because I had to act it out in a theater of the story.
I am a descendant of japaneses. My family was whole japanese, but a part of the members moved to the Brazil. Now I have relatives in Japan, Brazil and US. I like to reading the myths and legends of the Feudal Japan, they are so amazing. And I like the horror stories which inspires most of the scariest movies and games, like Fatal Frame.

Some random curiosity: my grandfather's family own a shinto temple in Japan. Chocked_2
I have Gypsy far ancestry, and closer from now, most of my family during WWII were Résistance members. Although I arguably can't say I know people in my extensively large family that lives in the stereotypical Gypsy wagons and such, they used to.

I also have part Celtic origins, which I owe to my closest parents being from Brittany, a region of France, where I was born and I still live. On a religion point of view, I do not follow any particular faith, though I have keen interest in mythology, religious lore and myths.
Native American but I am mainly white man bloodline LOL. I can shove that in the face of my Racist family on white people! They make me so mad LOL!!!!!!

When having a high school degree makes you the smartest bunch of the whole tribe only consisting of 4 out of 50 than I just say they just need to be shot, we are our own nation we have our own laws for gods sake and when its up to people who dont even know how to do simple math to make the rules we are all scewed LOL

thankfully i grew up outside the tribe and had a normal life Wink
Well my mother's side of the family originated from the Netherlands (or Holland if you want to call it that) M great grandfather sailed with his family to Brazil where my Great grandparents, grandparents, and mother lived. My dads family is all German. My Great Grandfather fought for Germany in WWI, when Hitler was on the verge of power he moved to Ohio with his two sons. My Grandfather fought in WWII for the US then married my Grandmother. So Im Dutch, Brazilian, German, and American.
I have a background of Chinese. My mom, uncle, and grandma came here in the 1990s. My greatgrandfather was involved in World War II, though were not sure how. He never came back... My family is all messed up. I have two half siblings, and my dad had children with 3 women. I just found out 2 years ago that I had a half sister, and last year,, I got a half brother. Wow...
I'm Scottish and Irish on my mom's side and Brittish and German on my dad's side. My mom's told me the story of how my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather got here, several times. It's one of my favorites, actually. It goes like this:

My Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather used to be a jewel theif back in Scottland. But one day, the police found out it was him stealing, and put up a reward for him. He decided to leave for America as a stowaway on ship. But he had to change his last name. He got on the ship and became one of the first setlers in Virginia, which back then wasn't there, and he met a full Irish lady. He later married her and stuff and now here I am. Grin

I prefer my German side, though. It makes me stronger than I think I am, lol. I dunno why, but it helps me in fights. But it also makes me annoyed very easily. It's just like a warning. But now that I think about it, I have a little Austrian thrown in there, too. Anyways, I like my German side a lot, but I also like my Scottish side... It's hard to choose a favorite. Grin
I am basically 70% Italian, And a little Irish and German.
My Papa and Grandmother were immigrants from Italy.
I really favor my Italian side.
My Papa's family came to the USA with only 20 bucks
I'm:
10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated power of will...

All music jokes aside, I'm 50% Syrian, 30% Polish, and 20% mix of Irish, British, Scottish, and others. This is because my dad is 100% Syrian, and my mom is 80% Polish and 20% other mixes listed. My great grandfather on my dad's side came here through Ellis Island, but there's actually a cool myth about him: people say that he snuck onto a small shipping boat and hid in the cellar, eating rats and whatever else he could find until he sensed they were close to the shore of America. Then, right before the ship entered New York Harbor, he ran up the deck and jumped out the side. He then swam to shore and started a Syrian cousine business in New York, which suddenly became successful and popular.

Most of that story is true, except for the shipping boat hiding bit. Although what's interesting is: when we had our school field trip to Ellis Island, we were supposed to search the plaques for our last names. I found my moms...but no matter every spelling I looked for, I couldn't find my dad's sides last name. It is for that reason I still wonder if that story is true or not...
Im 20% German and 50 % black and 30% Iran. I am a Christian i believe in Jesus. and I dont really know that much of my family's past. but i know what i am.
I'm Italian, Irish, and American Indian...
My Grandpa told me that my ancestor was executed for being a witch. Also he said I'm related to a famous viking's father (or something). But my Grandpa tells a lot of stories so...
I'm 100% Nigerian, but I was born here. Both of my parents are Nigerian, and everyone before that.