Yo-Kai Watch Megathread

(Jan. 23, 2021  12:04 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2021  10:01 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Wow thats surprising

(Jan. 22, 2021  10:01 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: It's completely different. Also this is the wrong thread for main yokai watch stuff.

(Jan. 22, 2021  10:11 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: its not even close
the only thing it looks like in pokemon is the yokai the rest is actually kinda different

looks nice
I just dont need to learn the alphabet again

It looks like everyone is hating on what I posted, I doubled checked if I got the right thing, and yeah. Well I mostly don't like it because it's weird and there is one that farts so badly that it knocks people out? I mean, come one, I really don't like it. A bunch of watch monsters? A bunch of pocket monsters? See what I mean know?

Also I am talking about the anime show and not the video game. I have never played it or even heard of the video game, but my exceptions for what this game is is not high.

well this is yokai academy Y thread not yokai watch general
(but Nekomata knocking ppl down by farting was weird)
but yokai are not 'watch monsters" some of them (not all but like 50% are inspired by actual yokai)
examples:
Yuki- Onna (frostina)
Kyubi (9 tailed fox inspired by Tamamo no Mae which appears in the FF movie)
Orochi (venoct, inspired by Yamata no Orochi, which is a yokai that also appears)
Ame-onna (I forgot her english name)
Tengu
Tsuchinoko (noko)
Seiryu (Azure Dragon)
Asura
 and all classic yokai (search their japanese names)
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:10 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:04 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: It looks like everyone is hating on what I posted, I doubled checked if I got the right thing, and yeah. Well I mostly don't like it because it's weird and there is one that farts so badly that it knocks people out? I mean, come one, I really don't like it. A bunch of watch monsters? A bunch of pocket monsters? See what I mean know?

Also I am talking about the anime show and not the video game. I have never played it or even heard of the video game, but my exceptions for what this game is is not high.

well this is yokai academy Y thread not yokai watch general
but yokai are not 'watch monsters" some of them (not all but like 50% are inspired by actual yokai)
examples:
Yuki- Onna (frostina)
Orochi (venoct, inspired by Yamata no Orochi, which is a yokai that also appears)
Tengu
Tsuchinoko (noko)
Azure Dragon
Asura
 and all classic yokai

Well I guess everyone has different opinions
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:12 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:10 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: well this is yokai academy Y thread not yokai watch general
examples:
Yuki- Onna (frostina)
Tengu
Tsuchinoko (noko)
Azure Dragon
Asura
 and all classic yokai

Well I guess everyone has different opinions

yea everyone has a different opinon,
but if we wanna talk about yokai lets use the mythological creatures thread

I dont want this thread to close
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:04 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2021  10:01 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Wow thats surprising

(Jan. 22, 2021  10:01 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote: It's completely different. Also this is the wrong thread for main yokai watch stuff.

(Jan. 22, 2021  10:11 PM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: its not even close
the only thing it looks like in pokemon is the yokai the rest is actually kinda different

looks nice
I just dont need to learn the alphabet again

It looks like everyone is hating on what I posted, I doubled checked if I got the right thing, and yeah. Well I mostly don't like it because it's weird and there is one that farts so badly that it knocks people out? I mean, come one, I really don't like it. A bunch of watch monsters? A bunch of pocket monsters? See what I mean now?

(Jan. 22, 2021  10:26 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Dang thats too much lol
(Jan. 22, 2021  10:26 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: I know, but can you do this?

You realize monster catching is a genre right? Pokemon took that concept from Shin Megami Tensei.
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:37 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:04 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: It looks like everyone is hating on what I posted, I doubled checked if I got the right thing, and yeah. Well I mostly don't like it because it's weird and there is one that farts so badly that it knocks people out? I mean, come one, I really don't like it. A bunch of watch monsters? A bunch of pocket monsters? See what I mean now?

You realize monster catching is a genre right? Pokemon took that concept from Shin Megami Tensei.

Well it's just that it isn't very unique
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:40 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:37 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: You realize monster catching is a genre right? Pokemon took that concept from Shin Megami Tensei.

Well it's just that it isn't very unique

Then Pokemon isn't unique. In Yokai Watch you have to find yokai throughout the world and then you have a real time battle with them. Not just turn based, lik the attacks are happening as you go and you have to switch Yokai out, give them things, charge their special moves, etc.
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:42 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:40 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: Well it's just that it isn't very unique

Then Pokemon isn't unique. In Yokai Watch you have to find yokai throughout the world and then you have a real time battle with them. Not just turn based, lik the attacks are happening as you go and you have to switch Yokai out, give them things, charge their special moves, etc.

If this came first, then I would agree. But Poke'mon was the first GOOD one, and then I think everyone saw it as a good ripoff, and then boom. Rip offs like this.
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:46 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:42 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Then Pokemon isn't unique. In Yokai Watch you have to find yokai throughout the world and then you have a real time battle with them. Not just turn based, lik the attacks are happening as you go and you have to switch Yokai out, give them things, charge their special moves, etc.

If this came first, then I would agree. But Poke'mon was the first GOOD one, and then I think everyone saw it as a good ripoff, and then boom. Rip offs like this.

Shin Megami Tensei was the first one and WAY BETTER. persona 5 is apart of the series and that's a master piece (well, mostly the newer version. Og one is good but not best of all time.) That's like saying Legend of Zelda is ripping of Uncharted cause you can climb. That's your logic.
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:46 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:42 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Then Pokemon isn't unique. In Yokai Watch you have to find yokai throughout the world and then you have a real time battle with them. Not just turn based, lik the attacks are happening as you go and you have to switch Yokai out, give them things, charge their special moves, etc.

#1 not everything that looks like something and is released after is a ripoff
#2 I dont want this thread to close, if yall wanna talk about yokai watch use the other thread here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Yo-kai-...on=newpost
#3 lets get back to the point of the thread
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:49 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:46 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: If this came first, then I would agree. But Poke'mon was the first GOOD one, and then I think everyone saw it as a good ripoff, and then boom. Rip offs like this.

Shin Megami Tensei was the first one and WAY BETTER. persona 5 is apart of the series and that's a master piece (well, mostly the newer version. Og one is good but not best of all time.) That's like saying Legend of Zelda is ripping of Uncharted cause you can climb. That's your logic.

Well, first, that is not what I said, and that is not my logic. Second, I think Poke'mon is different and a little bit better
Anyways, Corocoro uploads are an episode behind so the finale was just uploaded meaning Highschool arc just started on TV version. I will watch episode 1 of the highschool arc when it's uploaded, and watch episode 2 when it airs (I'm gonna do all these on friday.) Also I'm excited cause the villains look really menacing.
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:50 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:46 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote: If this came first, then I would agree. But Poke'mon was the first GOOD one, and then I think everyone saw it as a good ripoff, and then boom. Rip offs like this.

#1 not everything that looks like something and is released after is a ripoff
#2 I dont want this thread to close, if yall wanna talk about yokai watch use the other thread here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Yo-kai-...on=newpost

Ok, last thing about this, I didn't mean that. Like, Beyblade is not at all a riip off of Yoki because it's anime, but I am saying the genrel idea and such is a rip off
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:51 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:49 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Shin Megami Tensei was the first one and WAY BETTER. persona 5 is apart of the series and that's a master piece (well, mostly the newer version. Og one is good but not best of all time.) That's like saying Legend of Zelda is ripping of Uncharted cause you can climb. That's your logic.

Well, first, that is not what I said, and that is not my logic. Second, I think Poke'mon is different and a little bit better

Just because something came after doesn't mean it's a rip off due. Now stop with the random off topic argument that you caused.
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:51 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:49 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Shin Megami Tensei was the first one and WAY BETTER. persona 5 is apart of the series and that's a master piece (well, mostly the newer version. Og one is good but not best of all time.) That's like saying Legend of Zelda is ripping of Uncharted cause you can climb. That's your logic.

pls lets stop
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:53 AM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:50 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: #1 not everything that looks like something and is released after is a ripoff

Ok, last thing about this, I didn't mean that. Like, Beyblade is not at all a riip off of Yoki because it's anime, but I am saying the genrel idea and such is a rip off

That's called a genre dude. Things that fall under the general idea of monster catching are apart of the monster catching genre. now stop.
lets talk about the gray cat that appeared in the 2nd opening

is it like a evo or a brother of mikettio?
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:56 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: lets talk about the gray cat that appeared in the 2nd opening

You mean Black Cat?
latest (1243×1096) (nocookie.net)
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:58 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:56 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: lets talk about the gray cat that appeared in the 2nd opening

You mean Black Cat?

I cant see the pic
and I am probably colorblind for not seeing it is black and not grey
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:00 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  12:58 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: You mean Black Cat?

I cant see the pic

click on the link
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:13 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:00 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: I cant see the pic

click on the link

I did
there is just a white/gray pic with the image of a picture of a mountain
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:19 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:13 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: click on the link

I did

oh well there's nothing I can do about that.
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:20 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:19 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: I did

oh well there's nothing I can do about that.

do you know his name?
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:31 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:20 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: oh well there's nothing I can do about that.

do you know his name?

Black Cat.
(Jan. 23, 2021  2:04 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:31 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: do you know his name?

Black Cat.

you have no idea or is this actually his name?
valtaoi_007 that's his name

Episode 53: The Popular Ones Always Have Impostors, Don't They?
(Japanese: 人気者にはやっぱり二セモノが出てくるよね? Ninkisha ni wa Yappari Nisemono ga Dete Kuru Yone?)

Episode 54: Our High School Demands Total Withdrawal from Middle School
(Japanese: 我ら高等部は中等部の総退学を要求する Warera Kōtōbu wa Chūtōbu no Sōtaigaku o Yōkyū Suru)