1120 Jackson Rd
  Pavillion
12:30PM on 05/26/2019
Hosted by
  Yami
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Sunday May 26th, 2019
Martin Luther King Jr. Park
Burst!
Directions/Additional Information
1120 Jackson Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20904. We will be playing either under the pavilion or on the grass.

Tournament Time: Tournament Registration and Free Play will be starting at 11:00AM, however we be starting the event at 12:30 PM. It would be appreciated, however, if attendees would be there at least a couple of minutes earlier so we can get the battles and or blocks ready beforehand. We'd like to get the tournament done as soon as we can, but if your going to be late PM me or post in this thread.

Entry Fees: Tournament entry will cost five dollars a person, although if an extra ten is payed, a Blader Passport would be yours, along with a cool Passport Face online! Most importantly, though, free tournaments until your passport expires the following year. How cool is that! As you know it allows you to enter any tournament for the next year without paying the fee, as well as giving you the chance to participate in whatever contests or giveaways the WBO may offer.

Side Note: Please, PLEASE, PLEASE keep a hold on each and every part you own. We'd like to avoid thefts of all types, from Beyblades to game systems and laptops. Keep all your personal belongings close to your person at all times; do not leave them hanging around, as they are YOUR responsibility, and the tournament staff cannot be held liable for thefts.

Prize: TBA

Let me know if there's any questions

Yami
gray kurokin
Ardmore Bladers
Zycratic
Hyper xeno
CrimsonBurst
Isaias08
jackpotgodzilla
Kinshinxlkari
CheetoBlader
DeceasedCrab
Chetder
JunPark
Hitashi
L Drago 12345
AceWashington
Theja
Krishnaleela
Deva_Anand
hecknes
Lushen《Axeed》

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(May. 26, 2019  3:57 PM)Hitashi Wrote: I'm under a pavilion right now

Do you see Yami?
(May. 26, 2019  3:57 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 26, 2019  3:57 PM)Hitashi Wrote: I'm under a pavilion right now

Do you see Yami?

What does he look like
(May. 26, 2019  4:00 PM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 26, 2019  3:57 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Do you see Yami?

What does he look like
[img]blob:https://worldbeyblade.org/1266bf3c-67d9-4483-8737-2bdfa9bc5507[/img]
1st placer,
I will be arriving soon
If anyone seeing this we moved to the other side of the bathroom building to accommodate a party.
(May. 25, 2019  4:47 PM)Zycratic Wrote: i'm so excited! my last tournament was march 2018. hopefully i can do better this time. can anyone update me on the meta a little?

You did awesome this time, obviously.
(May. 26, 2019  10:31 PM)jackpotgodzilla Wrote:
(May. 25, 2019  4:47 PM)Zycratic Wrote: i'm so excited! my last tournament was march 2018. hopefully i can do better this time. can anyone update me on the meta a little?

You did awesome this time, obviously.
Hey
I enjoyed the tournament a lot! I got 4th place!
(May. 26, 2019  10:41 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I enjoyed the tournament a lot! I got 4th place!

Who won
(May. 26, 2019  10:42 PM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 26, 2019  10:41 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I enjoyed the tournament a lot! I got 4th place!

Who won

Zycratic.
(May. 26, 2019  10:45 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(May. 26, 2019  10:42 PM)Hitashi Wrote: Who won

Zycratic.

Wow. I won't lose to him next time
Great tournament Yami. Thanks for doing this and the classic tournament today. We all somehow survived the heat.

C

Congrats
(May. 26, 2019  11:16 PM)jackpotgodzilla Wrote: Great tournament Yami. Thanks for doing this and the classic tournament today. We all somehow survived the heat.

C

Congrats

How did you do
(May. 26, 2019  11:21 PM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 26, 2019  11:16 PM)jackpotgodzilla Wrote: Great tournament Yami. Thanks for doing this and the classic tournament today. We all somehow survived the heat.

C

Congrats

How did you do

Who?
thanks to everyone i battled with today! i had a lot of fun!
(May. 26, 2019  11:24 PM)Zycratic Wrote: thanks to everyone i battled with today! i had a lot of fun!

How dare you leave me to battle Yami! How dare you! Smile
(May. 26, 2019  11:24 PM)Zycratic Wrote: thanks to everyone i battled with today! i had a lot of fun!
I'm confident and Im doing good. Zycratic pulls out the heaviest beyblade ever
Congrats on making it to the quarterfinals Hitashi!

Thanks to everyone who participated! There were a few hiccups here and there, but overall I had a blast!

I experimented with using Crush Ragnaruk a couple times, and I paid for my experiments by losing! Especially when I used a wrong part. Just because Yami can pull it off doesn't mean anyone else can, ha ha ha.

The Standard meta is still totally static and boring! Hell Salamander and Perfect/Revive Phoenix still outclass more or less everything else. I didn't see anyone using GT layers, starting to think those just aren't good.

A couple things we should probably discuss:

- Doublecheck the parts you're using before you use them! You can lose matches if you accidentally bring the wrong part. I know I did.

- Make sure your parts are legal ahead of time. Don't show up with a broken tip.

- Watch where you're stepping! Watch where you're going! Don't step on stadiums. Don't walk on kneeling/sitting pads for bladers and judges. I realize we were on grass/dirt but please be cognizant of what you're doing with your feet. Your feet are dirty, and we have to sit on these blankets and mats!

- I'm wondering if in the future the judges should communicate by phone message. It was often difficult to hear and communicate, everyone was very excited and very loud. I'm thinking in the future we might want to consider text messaging for reporting who won what matches, and who is scheduled to go to which stadium. I have trouble hearing sometimes so this was a problem for me, I had to start walking over to look at the official brackets after each match.

- Under no circumstances do the bladers or the judge touch or bump the stadium while both beys are still in motion. The only exception to that rule is that in cases of high winds the judge can hold the stadium steady. Under no circumstances does anyone put their hands in the beystadium and take a popped Dead Phoenix or Revive Phoenix armor ring out of the stadium; as per the official rules, those obstacles remain until that launch is over. Under no circumstances do non-participating bladers ever put their hands anywhere near the stadium, and definitely do not stick your hand in and remove an armor ring! If you're concerned about the presence of an armor ring, you ask the judge. Sorry if I overreacted at time of but my outrage at that interference from a non-participating blader was Severely High and Completely Justified. That's not going to happen again, I imagine. We had to do that one over. I don't remember who did it, it's not important who: if you don't understand why an armor ring is being left in there, read the rules or ask. Hands off.

- There was only one real controversial call made during the tournament that I'm aware of, and it will continue to haunt me for a while as I wonder whether or not I did the right thing. The way I saw it, it looked like Yami's bey burst and then Cheetoblader's bey burst very shortly after. At first I ruled that way, but Yami disputed it. I tried to remember it, but they both burst at a strange angle and I had trouble seeing it precisely. The bladers had more visibility and Yami saw it as a tie and Cheetoblader saw Yami's burst slightly before. I clearly need more practice judging, and to record more. In the end I decided there was reasonable doubt that Yami's burst first, it could have been simultaneous, and had them do that launch over. And this call did make the difference and cost Cheetoblader the match. I'm sorry CB, I should've recorded it, but it's hard to record them all. I don't know whether I did the right thing, judging is hard. But if you see ChoZ-V.Quest in the winning combos, that's the match that happened. Try not to read too much into that one. Try and make it part of the meta at your own risk, I think Yami was just goofing since both bladers were guaranteed to be in the finals.

- Please don't ask me to borrow my parts/launchers. I have seen enough people lose parts to people who borrow them that I generally don't do it. Please don't ask me multiple times. I prefer to trade or sell parts, mostly to teammates.

- We had a small child wander away from his party and ask to participate. And he did this starting in the finals of standard. He was not happy about being unable to participate, nor did he have any beys or a really good grasp of the rules. He also kept rifling through peoples parts without asking. There's no good solution to this. A big thank you to all the parents who tried to explain to him how he needed to register on the site and to get his parents to help him. Unfortunately he kept coming back for the duration and asking to borrow our beys (aaaand rifling through other people's parts). There's no good solution for that.

I look forward to getting better at being a judge as I get more experience at it, and I hope to run a Classic tournament sometime in the coming months. I think Classic is way more interesting and varied than Standard.

Challonge Brackets:
https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/YTE4
https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/vno6wwyj

Uhhh, @[Yami] , it looks like you forgot to score my win before MadOcean before the final scores! Would that have significantly affected the rankings? I prooobably would've been higher than 18th. And it looks like the third place winner isn't indicated, I forget, was it you or Cheetoblader?
(May. 27, 2019  12:06 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Congrats on making it to the quarterfinals Hitashi!

Thanks to everyone who participated! There were a few hiccups here and there, but overall I had a blast!

I experimented with using Crush Ragnaruk a couple times, and I paid for my experiments by losing! Especially when I used a wrong part. Just because Yami can pull it off doesn't mean anyone else can, ha ha ha.

The Standard meta is still totally static and boring! Hell Salamander and Perfect/Revive Phoenix still outclass more or less everything else. I didn't see anyone using GT layers, starting to think those just aren't good.

- Doublecheck the parts you're using before you use them! You can lose matches if you accidentally bring the wrong part. I know I did.

- Make sure your parts are legal ahead of time. Don't show up with a broken tip.

- Watch where you're stepping! Watch where you're going! Don't step on stadiums. Don't walk on kneeling/sitting pads for bladers and judges. I realize we were on grass/dirt but please be cognizant of what you're doing with your feet. Your feet are dirty, and we have to sit on these blankets and mats!

- I'm wondering if in the future the judges should communicate by phone message. It was often difficult to hear and communicate, everyone was very excited and very loud. I'm thinking in the future we might want to consider text messaging for reporting who won what matches, and who is scheduled to go to which stadium. I have trouble hearing sometimes so this was a problem for me, I had to start walking over to look at the official brackets after each match.

- Under no circumstances do the bladers or the judge touch or bump the stadium while both beys are still in motion. The only exception to that rule is that in cases of high winds the judge can hold the stadium steady. Under no circumstances does anyone put their hands in the beystadium and take a popped Dead Phoenix or Revive Phoenix armor ring out of the stadium; as per the official rules, those obstacles remain until that launch is over. Under no circumstances do non-participating bladers ever put their hands anywhere near the stadium, and definitely do not stick your hand in and remove an armor ring! If you're concerned about the presence of an armor ring, you ask the judge. Sorry if I overreacted at time of but my outrage at that interference from a non-participating blader was Severely High and Completely Justified. That's not going to happen again, I imagine. We had to do that one over. I don't remember who did it, it's not important who: if you don't understand why an armor ring is being left in there, read the rules or ask. Hands off.

- There was only one real controversial call made during the tournament that I'm aware of, and it will continue to haunt me for a while as I wonder whether or not I did the right thing. The way I saw it, it looked like Yami's bey burst and then Cheetoblader's bey burst very shortly after. At first I ruled that way, but Yami disputed it. I tried to remember it, but they both burst at a strange angle and I had trouble seeing it precisely. The bladers had more visibility and Yami saw it as a tie and Cheetoblader saw Yami's burst slightly before. I clearly need more practice judging, and to record more. In the end I decided there was reasonable doubt that Yami's burst first, it could have been simultaneous, and had them do that launch over. And this call did make the difference and cost Cheetoblader the match. I'm sorry CB, I should've recorded it, but it's hard to record them all. I don't know whether I did the right thing, judging is hard. But if you see ChoZ-V.Quest in the winning combos, that's the match that happened. Try not to read too much into that one. Try and make it part of the meta at your own risk, I think Yami was just goofing since both bladers were guaranteed to be in the finals.

- Please don't ask me to borrow my parts/launchers. I have seen enough people lose parts to people who borrow them that I generally don't do it. Please don't ask me multiple times. I prefer to trade or sell parts, mostly to teammates.

- We had a small child wander away from his party and ask to participate. And he did this starting in the finals of standard. He was not happy about being unable to participate, nor did he have any beys or a really good grasp of the rules. He also kept rifling through peoples parts without asking. There's no good solution to this. A big thank you to all the parents who tried to explain to him how he needed to register on the site and to get his parents to help him. Unfortunately he kept coming back for the duration and asking to borrow our beys (aaaand rifling through other people's parts). There's no good solution for that.

I look forward to getting better at being a judge as I get more experience at it, and I hope to run a Classic tournament sometime in the coming months. I think Classic is way more interesting and varied than Standard.
Hitashi did great for his first tournament!

Verrrry true!

I would’ve told you but I was the referee so I couldn’t.

I went against multiple of those!

Those are all valid points.

You being haunted is the punishment! (JK)

That kid was ticking me off. He kept on grabbing my Trident!

I look forward to the tournament!
(May. 27, 2019  12:06 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Congrats on making it to the quarterfinals Hitashi!

Challonge Brackets:
https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/YTE4
https://worldbeyblade.challonge.com/vno6wwyj

Uhhh, @[Yami] , it looks like you forgot to score my win before MadOcean before the final scores! Would that have significantly affected the rankings? I prooobably would've been higher than 18th. And it looks like the third place winner isn't indicated, I forget, was it you or Cheetoblader?

Hell Salamander is god

To avoid controversial calls have someone record the match from a low angle. If someone tries to dispute the call review the footage
Someone check my math.

So I just looked it up. I'm in the bracket as 2-2, but it should've been 3-2, and it should've had a TB value of 1 since out of the tied record people (3-2) the only one I'd beaten was SaturnFighter. That should've added 1 to the TB values of both Jackpotgodzilla and Crusher. And because I fought MadOcean I should've had another 2 added to my Bucholz, leaving it at 8.0. It wasn't counted because my match wasn't scored.

This puts me and Jackpotgodzilla at 3-2, 1 TB, 8.0 Buchohlz. But Jackpotgodzilla should go to 9.0 Buchholz because of my extra win. SaturnFighter was at 3-2, 1 TB, 7.0 Buchholz, but his Buchholz would go up to 8.0 because of my extra win.

Tiebreaks are supposed to go
Swiss Format
1. Overall Score/win record
2. Challonge TB column (Only if the players in question have match history)
3. Buchholz: Look at the Bucholz column in Challonge. Whichever player has a higher score here will advance to the finals.
4. Seeding: Higher seed retains higher spot if above factors are all tied (Only if determining the order of two participants already guaranteed a spot in the finals).
5. Tiebreak Match: Perform a tiebreak match (or round robin in the case of three or more tied participants) to determine who will advance to the finals (Only if there is a tiebreak which involves two or more players on the edge of making the finals or not).

In short... Jackpotgodzilla was supposed to be in the finals, and not SaturnFighter! We really need to be careful to enter all matches!

Well, what's done is done. No point in stressing over it now. But next time let's be careful!
(May. 27, 2019  12:31 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Someone check my math.

So I just looked it up. I'm in the bracket as 2-2, but it should've been 3-2, and it should've had a TB value of 1 since out of the tied record people (3-2) the only one I'd beaten was SaturnFighter. That should've added 1 to the TB values of both Jackpotgodzilla and Crusher. And because I fought MadOcean I should've had another 2 added to my Bucholz, leaving it at 8.0. It wasn't counted because my match wasn't scored.

This puts me and Jackpotgodzilla at 3-2, 1 TB, 8.0 Buchohlz. But Jackpotgodzilla should go to 9.0 Buchholz because of my extra win. SaturnFighter was at 3-2, 1 TB, 7.0 Buchholz, but his Buchholz would go up to 8.0 because of my extra win.

Tiebreaks are supposed to go
Swiss Format
1. Overall Score/win record
2. Challonge TB column (Only if the players in question have match history)
3. Buchholz: Look at the Bucholz column in Challonge. Whichever player has a higher score here will advance to the finals.
4. Seeding: Higher seed retains higher spot if above factors are all tied (Only if determining the order of two participants already guaranteed a spot in the finals).
5. Tiebreak Match: Perform a tiebreak match (or round robin in the case of three or more tied participants) to determine who will advance to the finals (Only if there is a tiebreak which involves two or more players on the edge of making the finals or not).

In short... Jackpotgodzilla was supposed to be in the finals, and not SaturnFighter! We really need to be careful to enter all matches!

Well, what's done is done. No point in stressing over it now. But next time let's be careful!

Thanks for figuring this out DC. It makes me feel better as I was confused about my standings, but my friend is happy at least. So that’s good at least.

I think these tournaments can get hectic if you don’t have a ton of help. For some of us, the more we know, the better we can help the the organizers next time, so says my mom.
Thank you for receiving this information with graciousness and politeness. You might be justified in being a little annoyed or upset, but all in all it's better to just say "Oh well, we're all going to be more careful next time."

Take pride in the knowledge that you're a good blader! Except next time no more Crush Ragnaruk experiments from me. Grin
What were the winning combos for the top 3?
(May. 27, 2019  3:08 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: What were the winning combos for the top 3?

HELL SALAMANDER