Xandork Engineering | Custom Layer Design Contest!

What I'm Doing:

Heyo! It's Xandork here with a small little competition I wanted to hold to find some talented designers and give something cool to the community! I am looking for a unique design for a beyblade burst layer that I can design in 3D modeling software and release for anyone to print. Usually I take commissions for this sort of design service (the commissions are still closes), however I don't want to leave you all with nothing, so I am going to be designing ONE layer for free that anyone will be able to print. You just need to submit your design through DMs and I will start the voting once I have received all of the submissions.

How to submit a design:

When you submit a design, it must be detailed and thorough to allow for me to turn your 2D drawing into a 3D layer. It must include:
  • A detailed drawing or sketch of the layer from the top down. A side view is optional.
  • A name for the bey which follows the normal layer naming convention.
  • A comprehensible explanation of the gimmick (if any).
  • Any extra important information to make the design the best it can be.
A design will not be accepted if it:
  • Is just a short idea for a bey.
  • Is Dual Spin (It's very hard to make a design for dual spin that all of you can assemble at home).
  • Is just a heavier or slightly altered version of an already existing bey (I may allow it if the design is unique and different enough)
  • Is poorly thought out and would break easily or simply be a bad layer (Something that wouldn't perform well at all in battle, would self-burst, or has a detrimental gimmick).
When does the contest end?:

I will close off submissions for the contest on December 1. After that date, I will create a post with all of the information about the contestant's designs and will start the polling. The winner will be announced after one week of polling and I will start the designing process. It will be released for anyone to download and print. I hope to see some nice designs. Good luck!

RESULTS:

In first place with nearly a third of all votes, we have Reaper Deathscizor!

In second place, we have a two way tie between Wicked Satan and Cosmic Pegasus!

In third place, we have Typhoon Dragoon!

Reaper Deathscizor will be turned into a 3D model for anyone and everyone to print. It will be easy to assemble and come with instructions on how to order it from Shapeways. The two second place winners will both receive a 50% off discount on my design services if they ever wish to have their layer made into a reality later on. In addition, the third place winner will receive a 33% off discount! Thank you all for participating!
Do you have a email

So I can submit my design or only through pm
(Nov. 20, 2018  3:31 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: I have a design, where do I submit it

PM/DM him
Concept sent
When does the contest end
"I will close off submissions for the contest on December 1. After that date, I will create a post with all of the information about the contestant's designs and will start the polling. The winner will be announced after one week of polling and I will start the designing process."

@[Dt20000]
(Nov. 20, 2018  5:22 AM)Dragunix Wrote: "I will close off submissions for the contest on December 1. After that date, I will create a post with all of the information about the contestant's designs and will start the polling. The winner will be announced after one week of polling and I will start the designing process."

@[Dt20000]

Didn’t see that, thx!
I got my concept sent to this contest & I hope my Typhoon Dragoon & it's Xtend Jolt Driver can be the winner on this contest.

(Nov. 20, 2018  12:44 AM)Xandork Wrote: What I'm Doing:

Heyo! It's Xandork here with a small little competition I wanted to hold to find some talented designers and give something cool to the community! I am looking for a unique design for a beyblade burst layer that I can design in 3D modeling software and release for anyone to print. Usually I take commissions for this sort of design service (the commissions are still closes), however I don't want to leave you all with nothing, so I am going to be designing ONE layer for free that anyone will be able to print. You just need to submit your design through DMs and I will start the voting once I have received all of the submissions.

How to submit a design:

When you submit a design, it must be detailed and thorough to allow for me to turn your 2D drawing into a 3D layer. It must include:
  • A detailed drawing or sketch of the layer from the top down. A side view is optional.
  • Is Dual Spin (It's very hard to make a design for dual spin that all of you can assemble at home).
  • Is just a heavier or slightly altered version of an already existing bey (I may allow it if the design is unique and different enough)
  • Is poorly thought out and would break easily or simply be a bad layer.

I will close off submissions for the contest on December 1. After that date, I will create a post with all of the information about the contestant's designs and will start the polling. The winner will be announced after one week of polling and I will start the designing process. It will be released for anyone to download and print. I hope to see some nice designs. Good luck!

Hey Xandork where do we, submit our bey concept designs?

(Nov. 20, 2018  3:43 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2018  3:31 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: I have a design, where do I submit it

PM/DM him

Hey what is DM or PM anyways?
(Nov. 20, 2018  5:44 AM)fireblaze1 Wrote: I got my concept sent to this contest & I hope my Typhoon Dragoon & it's Xtend Jolt Driver can be the winner on this contest.

(Nov. 20, 2018  12:44 AM)Xandork Wrote: What I'm Doing:

How to submit a design:

• Is poorly thought out and would break easily or simply be a bad layer.

(Nov. 20, 2018  3:43 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: PM/DM him

Private Message

(Nov. 20, 2018  5:14 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: When does the contest end

(Nov. 20, 2018  5:44 AM)fireblaze1 Wrote: I got my concept sent to this contest & I hope my Typhoon Dragoon & it's Xtend Jolt Driver can be the winner on this contest.

Cmon guys. I made it very clear in the post. Please read the post before asking people simple questions about it.

(Nov. 20, 2018  5:23 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2018  5:22 AM)Dragunix Wrote: "I will close off submissions for the contest on December 1. After that date, I will create a post with all of the information about the contestant's designs and will start the polling. The winner will be announced after one week of polling and I will start the designing process."

@[Dt20000]

Didn’t see that, thx!

I mean, if you are able to miss an entire paragraph that makes up an entire quarter of the post, you probably shouldn't be trying to enter a contest focusing on attention to detail and all that.

Sorry for being a jerk, but I just get really, really fed up when I try to make the information as concise and easy to follow as I can but people still never read what I write.
On the non accepted design rules it says that layers that have flimsy designs that might break easily won't be accepted, which is fine. It also says that "bad layers" aren't accepted, does this mean a competitively bad layer or...? Because I'm planning on entering my Deathscyther concept (when I've done a top down drawing of it) and it isn't particularly anything competitive looking. It sounds dumb I apologize, I just wanted to make sure.
(Nov. 20, 2018  8:03 AM)Jinbee Wrote: On the non accepted design rules it says that layers that have flimsy designs that might break easily won't be accepted, which is fine. It also says that "bad layers" aren't accepted, does this mean a competitively bad layer or...? Because I'm planning on entering my Deathscyther concept (when I've done a top down drawing of it) and it isn't particularly anything competitive looking. It sounds dumb I apologize, I just wanted to make sure.

You don't sound dumb at all. It's a really good question. I should have been more specific. Your submission doesn't have to be competitive at all. I would define a bad layer primarily as something that would break easily. It may look really cool (so people would vote for it), but it would end up working poorly or breaking easily. In a way, "bad layer" is an extension of one that would break easily, but can also extend to ones that are just bad ideas when put into practice, such as a layer with such high recoil that it constantly self-bursts, a layer with a self-detrimental gimmick, etc. Your Deathscyther should be fine. It is well designed and honestly looks like it would come out as a really good bey. And don't worry about what I said about the bey just being a stronger version of an existing bey. I just don't want people photoshopping metal blades onto a picture of Garuda and calling it a design for Garuda G4.

The reason I put limits on what can be submitted is because the design will be free for anyone to print, but those who do print it still need to pay for the printing from a printing service, and I don't want to disappoint all of the people who pay $50+ for a bey.
I don't want to ask a really simple question, but I wanted to double check what a top down drawing would look like. Would it be similar to a bird's eye view?

I don't want to have submitted anything the wrong way, so I'm probably just worrying too much about it...sorry to inconvenience you.
(Nov. 20, 2018  6:26 PM)Dragunix Wrote: I don't want to ask a really simple question, but I wanted to double check what a top down drawing would look like. Would it be similar to a bird's eye view?

I don't want to have submitted anything the wrong way, so I'm probably just worrying too much about it...sorry to inconvenience you.

No worries. It's not an inconvenience and it's a good question. Yes, top down would be like a bird's eye view. Just so it shows the layer in the clearest way possible. =)
ooh...maybe I'll enter this,it will probably be fun haha
I NEED MY BEYS TO BECOME REALITY!!!!

Also how do I pm him on discord?
hi IM xavier and I have a layer or design.
Hey Xandork, I got my design in imgur & here is the links for Typhoon Dragoon Energy Layer & the Xtend Jolt Performance Tip: https://imgur.com/MUtZiF0
Check this out on Imgur.com & see what you think of it.
Were do i send the design do you have gmail?
Ohk I have a question. What will be the things that you consider easily breakable? Coz there are official tt beys that often easily break.
Of course anything absurd like having an Excalibur like attack point sticking out 3-4 cm is breakable.
But what about moving parts. That are just hinged about a point. Would they be considered breakable?
Sorry if such things have been specified, but I still don't understand this part.
(Nov. 21, 2018  5:38 AM)fireblaze1 Wrote: Hey Xandork, I got my design in imgur & here is the links for Typhoon Dragoon Energy Layer & the Xtend Jolt Performance Tip: https://imgur.com/MUtZiF0  
Check this out on Imgur.com & see what you think of it.

Whoa, you're so good at drawing! That 12 disc looks amazing, and so does your layer!

(Nov. 21, 2018  7:01 AM)omega263 Wrote: Were do i send the design do you have gmail?

Send it to him in a private message

(Nov. 20, 2018  9:07 PM)Oylspil Wrote: I NEED MY BEYS TO BECOME REALITY!!!!

Also how do I pm him on discord?

Hey, oyl. You pm him on WBO. If you don't know how, just hit the lightning bolt button on the top of your screen, and hit the Send Message button at the top of the menu.
Ok, so for everyone who has NOT read the Opening Post, or OP.

1. @[Xandork] has clearly stated that you should send submissions to him via PM (Private Message). Not email. Just PMs. You can do this by clicking the blue lightning bolt near the upper left corner of the screen. Click the message button with the plane symbol next to it, then type in "Xandork" on the recipient bar.

2. "I will close off submissions for the contest on December 1. After that date, I will create a post with all of the information about the contestant's designs and will start the polling. The winner will be announced after one week of polling and I will start the designing process."

The window for submitting your idea closes on December 1st. After this, @[Xandork] will make a post that has all the information on all contestant designs. This is when polling (voting) begins. After a week, the winner will be announced and he will begin designing the layer.

I hope this clears up basic questions regarding the rules and submission method. Please make sure to read the OP for the detailed/full explanation.

did you get mine just asking
do you print beyblades because i have a good design but i can't print because i don't have a 3d printer and i don't know anybody who does