X-Box vs PS3

(Oct. 05, 2010  1:25 AM)alexscott12 Wrote: I like the ps3 because it doesn't have the "can't read the disc" message all the time and it has ps home. better than xbox
Instead it just shows an annoying light when your laser fails
I LOVE PS3!!!
xbox because there's more of a pool of people to play with on live than the PSN. That and the majority of my console gaming friends have an xbox, so i can hit up a game with friends anytime.
(Oct. 03, 2010  6:23 AM)Thresher Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2010  12:40 AM)To Wrote: Uh what are you talking about. The image I posted is of the launch controller of the Xbox... You posted a 360 controller.

I could have sworn it was blatantly obvious that they were discussing the Xbox 360, seeing as how the original Xbox didn't have a red ring, but hey, I suppose I could be missing something,

On top of that, the 360 is in the same generation as the PS3 as the original Xbox isn't.

My opinion is simple, they both have their own special things that make them different so I don't judge on which one I like most and I can't say that much because I haven't really played on the PS3 before and with all honesty, I'm not that bothered since there aren't many games on it that I am interested in. I do however like the fact that it is free online gameplay.

Also, whoever says Xbox just because of Halo has no clue in what good games are like, Halo is always the same thing in every game they do and it gets boring after a while.
Ecks Bawks, hands down.
Every Halo game is different, from Halo: Combat Evolved, to Halo: Reach, Reach being the best so far. In my experience only people who don't play Halo games call them all the same. If you are saying everybody uses the same tactics, then that is somewhat true. However, there are so many new game types in Reach, and that coupled with weapon change up and armor abilities has changed the gameplay significantly from Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST. If you hate the assault rifle/beat down combo then play SWAT, it is way more fun and requires DMR/Magnum skill.
360 controller > PS3 controller.
Kinect > Move
Halo > Whatever they have =P
250GB < 320GB
Xbox Live < Playstation Network

Well I guess xbox still wins. ^^
(Oct. 08, 2010  1:47 PM)blah Wrote: 360 controller > PS3 controller.
Kinect > Move
250GB < 320GB

no way PS3 is da BOMB!!
Care to elaborate why ? =P
I love COD Modern Warfare so i love PS3 too
(Oct. 08, 2010  1:47 PM)blah Wrote: 360 controller > PS3 controller.
Kinect > Move
250GB < 320GB

UMAD?

XBL is the dogs compared to PSN. The reason PSN is free is because its garbage and nobody would pay for it.

Id rather spend £40 a year and get a decent service.
Yeah, well I was saying that most people would prefer to play for free than pay.
But to be honest, I'd rather pay for it and play properly than have random people playing for free on PSN.
(Oct. 02, 2010  3:25 AM)agentrockit Wrote: PS3 ftw the win

Hello brandonk.
(Oct. 02, 2010  9:22 PM)Newt Wrote: *blurp*

Why do we care which console is better. Get your system and play it, seriously console wars is so stupid.

I agree with the 360s controller's ergonomics being better.Honestly I don't know why you didn't post other PS3 exclusive games that are excellent. PS3 has "Trophies".
I honestly think Halo isn't that great, but the online is superb.
Also, i don't see how games prices are different, they are the same if you look at it, disregarding the fact that some games came earlier on Xbox360. etc. etc. etc....-.-
I think To worded it the best. Consoles are pretty much the same.
I have used both X-Box and PS3. I think that X-Box is better option for gaming.
souless1234 Wrote:*Snip

Yeah lol, just depends on what the actual person prefers.
I was joking about the Xbox thing, I was really wondering how far I could go before anyone caught on.

As for Newt, don't bother with him, dude's obviously made up his mind.

I also have to question anyone who'd say Kinect>Move in anything other than a tech level. Move actually has games, and doesn't require a super clean house to play with.
(Oct. 08, 2010  6:32 AM)Thresher Wrote: In my experience only people who don't play Halo games call them all the same.

Yes, because completing Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST both in Legendary means I haven't played them. Honestly though, the enemies are the same, the vehicles are the same, the weapons are the same, the graphics are pretty much the same but get a little better as they go along but that is about all I see. Regardless, my opinion is my opinion and I don't think I am ever going to change it but that would go for everyone that likes Halo that much as well.
(Oct. 11, 2010  7:54 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2010  6:32 AM)Thresher Wrote: In my experience only people who don't play Halo games call them all the same.

Yes, because completing Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST both in Legendary means I haven't played them. Honestly though, the enemies are the same, the vehicles are the same, the weapons are the same, the graphics are pretty much the same but get a little better as they go along but that is about all I see. Regardless, my opinion is my opinion and I don't think I am ever going to change it but that would go for everyone that likes Halo that much as well.

I said in MY experience. Anyway, only some things are the same, the only constant enemies in Halo were the grunts and jackals, and only a few vehicles and weapons have been the same throughout. Halo 3 and ODST are the two most similar games of the Halo series, even so ODST is way harder than Halo 3 because you have lower health, weaker weapons, and no equipment you can pick up (over shield, active camo, bubble shield, invulnerablility). I am talking about the evolution of the series from Halo: Combat Evolved to Halo: Reach, and anyone who has been playing Halo as long as in have can see this. If you haven't played Halo 2 or the first Halo recently, then you probably don't remember all the changes made just from Halo 2 to Halo 3. I'm not a person who thinks all Halo games are godly awesome, I was pissed at the ending of Halo 3 because that campaign went against everything the other Halo games had set up, but I know that I can point out most of the differences between any two Halo games if I am asked.
Funny, this sorta became a Halo topic, all of the sudden...

There's one thing I prefer with the PS3. The controller comes with a cable that you can link to the console to recharge it. Get it? So you don't have to buy dozens of batteries or some sort of controller charger which you have to pay for anyway. It's convenient. I hate playing the Wii (Or the xbox), having a damn good time then realize my batteries are almost dead, combing my house in a pathetic attempt to find some batteries, only finding AA when I need AAA or some carp and having to let the game set on pause while I go to a store to get new batteries if only to be able to go save my progress.
PRICE: I think that PS3 is better because if you think about it PS3 is like £250 and Xbox is like £129 you might be thinking that Xbox is more cheaper but then when it comes to online you have to pay..When on PS3 it is free! Tongue_out_wink

Controller: The Xbox controller if too fat and it kinda makes your hands ache while the PS3 controller is more slimer and more easier to hold.With the Xbox controller I THINK you have to but new batteries if the power runs out but when you buy a PS3 its comes with the controller charger but I think you can buy a charger for a Xbox controller...

Right now if you judge against my opinion you mybe thinking "but Xbox has that kinect thingy so that makes it better." But your wrong... PS3 has playstation move so kinda the same.. Uncertain

And I end my speech! :p PS3 is better!
PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Oct. 14, 2010  12:50 PM)ayc777 Wrote: PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your arguments are stunning.
@Beyunit: Move and Kinect are not the same.
(Oct. 12, 2010  4:25 PM)Dude Wrote: Funny, this sorta became a Halo topic, all of the sudden...

There's one thing I prefer with the PS3. The controller comes with a cable that you can link to the console to recharge it. Get it? So you don't have to buy dozens of batteries or some sort of controller charger which you have to pay for anyway. It's convenient. I hate playing the Wii (Or the xbox), having a damn good time then realize my batteries are almost dead, combing my house in a pathetic attempt to find some batteries, only finding AA when I need AAA or some carp and having to let the game set on pause while I go to a store to get new batteries if only to be able to go save my progress.

Go buy a wired controller, it's cheaper.