X-Box vs PS3

My 360 got red ringed... am now investing in a PS3.

PS3 ftw!
Wayy better than Microsoft's piece of sugar honey ice tea excuse for a gaming console.
(Oct. 16, 2010  10:44 PM)Thresher Wrote: Go buy a wired controller, it's cheaper.

Seriously? Kinda feel ripped off, now. I've already bought the recharge set, so I'll just stick with it, but thanks anyway Joyful_3
PS3 PRO'S
Good quality of graphics
No RROD
Free online gaming
Continuity with game sagas
Memory is beast

PS3 CON'S
Lag
Yellow light of death
Expensive

360 PRO'S
Better online gaming
RROD you get some warning
Halo series
Smexier Design ( 360 slim)

360 CON'S
Kinects many problems
non free online gaming
The original 360's noise
Lag
(Oct. 17, 2010  3:03 PM)Moss Wrote: PS3 PRO'S
Good quality of graphics
No RROD
Free online gaming
Memory is beast
Better controler layout for fighter games
PS3 CON'S
Lag
Yellow light of death
Expensive

360 PRO'S
Better online gaming
Halo series

360 CON'S
Kinects many problems
non free online gaming
The original 360's noise
Lag

Fixed Wink
Hah thanks dude Ive had both consoles and I prefer the PS3
PS3 has a FREE X-box live basicly(playstaton connect i think,i havnt played it in a while,its at my vacation house)
(Oct. 17, 2010  8:50 PM)galaxy epic Wrote: PS3 has a FREE X-box live basicly(playstaton connect i think,i havnt played it in a while,its at my vacation house)

The overwhelming majority of people admit the Xbox Live is better the PSN. I'd rather pay premium for an awesome service, than get carp for free, besides It cost $50 a year, most games cost more than that to begin with.
(Oct. 17, 2010  3:03 PM)Moss Wrote: PS3 PRO'S
Good quality of graphics
No RROD
Free online gaming
Memory is beast

PS3 CON'S
Lag
Yellow light of death (Fan error)
Hardrive failure
Overheating Chipset

Expensive

360 PRO'S
Better online gaming
Halo series
GoW Series
Fable Series

360 CON'S
Kinects many problems
non free online gaming
The original 360's noise
Lag

RROD can happen on the PS3 it just gives you a different coloured light. The problem with Xbox and PS3 is that the heath and safety nuts came to the conclusion that somehow putting lead into solder heat sync paste was dangerous. Both consoles have to use heatsync paste without lead and eventualy over time it will cause every console to break.
imo PS3 is better

1. free online-gotta pay to play with other people online with xbox
2. wireless connection-not having to pay $100+ for wireless adapter for xbox
less errors-ever seen how many times ive gotten RRoD on xbox?
(Oct. 17, 2010  11:28 PM)Thresher Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2010  8:50 PM)galaxy epic Wrote: PS3 has a FREE X-box live basicly(playstaton connect i think,i havnt played it in a while,its at my vacation house)

The overwhelming majority of people admit the Xbox Live is better the PSN. I'd rather pay premium for an awesome service, than get carp for free, besides It cost $50 a year, most games cost more than that to begin with.

i agree.
just wanted to throw this out there but xbox imo is mostly better for FPS games compared to ps3
basicly for FPS its PC > Xbox > ps3

Also when deciding what console to get most people look at what games are on each console but at this point in time most games come out on both although there is afew exculsives for each console that stands out such as:
360 has Halo, gears of war ect
Ps3 has god of war, little big planet
theres probley alot more but dont follow much games besides fighters tbh.

Also PSN has a bigger library of downloadable games and there is alot of great PS1 games on there. 360's library is tiny in comparision which imo is another big draw back with the 360.

360's controler is horrible esspically for games that arent FPS's is what ive found, tekken 6 is pretty much un playable on 360 unless you have an arcade stick. Alot of my friends who are real into tekken and xbox fan boys have agreed with me about this. Although when i played street fighter 4 is wasnt to bad because the D-pad isnt so important but the 360 greatly hindered some of my combos.

In other words i find the ps3 to be a better choice for me personaly because i dont enjoy FPS games on consoles, ps3 provids a better experiance for games i like and also has exclusives i enjoy. Basicly its personal prefrance with this subject
The topic seems to be about the Xbox 360 vs. PS3; not "This system is better because it has ___________ game(s)" and "This system is better because <insert fanboyism>".

No one can argue that the Xbox 360 is better than the PS3 as far as technology goes. Not only does the PS3 have an excellent coolant system, but it rarely [if ever] has problems like "the red ring of death" and "DON'T MOVE THE XBOX OR IT'LL MESS UP MY DISC!"

Sure, the PS3 got off to a really rocky start, but it's because it's really THAT good. People complained about the price tag at first, and yes, only a few were able to go out and buy it right off the shelf, but now that is has fallen in price, and everyone may have acquired the other two systems [Wii;360]; they may want in on the Playstation 3.

The Wii is obviously the technological dinosaur compared to the other two. Sure, it has free "Wi-Fi" and all that, but unless the game is an FPS that has the producers completely dependent on online-play, then it's completely unreliable. For example, I can not, for the life of me, play Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 online because the lag rips apart any sort of skill a player has and reduces it to being completely reliant on luck.

Microsoft keeps the 360 going by making people pay for Xbox Live. That may or may not be successful in their eyes. Consumers must also pay for any downloadable content that they wish to have on their Xbox 360. Not only that, but stock 360s tend to be equipped with really low HDD compartments. My external hard drive could hold about ten full HDD compartments from the 360.

Now compare the PS3 to the rest. Yes, a consumer may have to pay for PSN's new features, but they are advanced features and they are completely optional. Not only that, but PSN Online usually is featured in the majority of PS3 games and it is free. To add on to it being free, there is no lag, the graphics are, by far, better than the 360, and it will handle without the frame-rate being shot.

PS3 > Xbox 360 > Wii

This is in terms of technology. And even then, without considering technology, I'd keep the same placement [and this is by adding in accessories/games/feel/etc.]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(video_game)

Welcome to Rage, a multiplatformer that puts PS3 graphics on the Xbox 360z. That's right PS3 graphics on the 360. Now, go eat Bill Gates's dirty socks.
(Oct. 21, 2010  7:22 AM)Thresher Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(video_game)

Welcome to Rage, a multiplatformer that puts PS3 graphics on the Xbox 360z. That's right PS3 graphics on the 360. Now, go eat Bill Gates's dirty socks.

Lol no PS3 game out atm uses its graphics to its full extent. Much like the PS1 if you recall the cut scenes from Final Fantasy 8 were pretty much on par with early PS2 games
(Oct. 21, 2010  7:22 AM)Thresher Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(video_game)

Feel free to try and make a point with a game that's already out. Let's say, for example, Final Fantasy XIII.

The 360 not only REQUIRES the game to be played on multiple discs, but it STILL gets massive amounts of damaged frame-rate AND the graphics aren't even comparable to the PS3's.

Even Assassin's Creed II, a game that was meant JUST for the Xbox, has better graphics than the 360 and it handles frame-rate drop at a much more acceptable rate.

Although the difference is somewhat minimal, that difference is all the world and saying that "They aren't all that different." is such a denial.

"Rage" has got NOTHING on a PS3 game that isn't a multi-platform. Example? Uncharted. Even the first Uncharted swamps all 360 games in terms of graphics.

Hadouken Wrote:Lol no PS3 game out atm uses its graphics to its full extent. Much like the PS1 if you recall the cut scenes from Final Fantasy 8 were pretty much on par with early PS2 games

Final Fantasy XIII and Uncharted are the closest you can get and they are the best in terms of graphics. If you're talking about CGI, that's completely different, as taking the time to do CGI scenes for GAMEPLAY and all that is just a waste of time and it's entirely possible to just use impressive graphics for certain periods within the game.
98% (or more) of these posts are either "PS3/ 360 FTW!!!!!1", uneducated or just really biased.

Not that I expected much else though.

Just saying...
(Oct. 21, 2010  10:35 PM)Aqua Wrote: 98% (or more) of these posts are either "PS3/ 360 FTW!!!!!1", uneducated or just really biased.

Just saying...

hah yeah true, my opion is based off personal experiance with both consoles. Theres no advantage in buying a 360 unless your a big fan of halo.
The only advantage i see with 360 is that its better for FPS games compared to ps3 but pc out does the 360 in that respect. Everything 360 does better then ps3 is out done by PC. As the manager of this game store put it "360 is basicly a stupid pc" and "if you want to get a 360 youd be better off buying a good PC".

Where Ps3 holds alot more techiqual advantages and offers alot of realy good games that are not avalible on PC.

Also something eles but people saying how amazing move and the 360 thing like it is, i hope you do realize that they arent exactly using new technology the same basic technology has been used in arcade shooters for years with games such as time crisis, motion sensors to reload your guy and to switch weapon. Also if anyone rembers a classic namco game point blank came with a light gun for ps1. Its all the same basic techonlogy but the motion sensor thing has been used within arcade shooters for 6+ years

(Oct. 21, 2010  10:15 PM)DaijoubuQuest Wrote: Final Fantasy XIII and Uncharted are the closest you can get and they are the best in terms of graphics. If you're talking about CGI, that's completely different, as taking the time to do CGI scenes for GAMEPLAY and all that is just a waste of time and it's entirely possible to just use impressive graphics for certain periods within the game.
hah yeah was just using FF8 as an example if you look at the cut scenes from it they pretty much as good as the cut scenes from FFX. Basicly meaning that they didnt use the PS1 to its full extent untill the end of its retail life
(Oct. 21, 2010  10:35 PM)Aqua Wrote: 98% (or more) of these posts are either "PS3/ 360 FTW!!!!!1", uneducated or just really biased.

Just saying...

Not really.
i have both xbox 360 and ps3 i say their both balanced out my x box never got the red ring of death and my ps3 i never gone spoilt before plus if you know how to appreciate the games for the ps3 it can last long without you buying a new game like me i only have 5 games for the ps3 i got 2 games for free the rest i had to buy but i only buy ps3 games every 4 months and my x box 360 i only have two games those games are wfc undisputed and halo odst thier both very fun to play and i support both.
"Ping!"=Trophies=PS3=Epicness
xbox is just simply better.cooler games.FUNNER games.oh and wraith if you are reading this than dont come to shcool on monday and be like hasbro:Uh duh!noooooooooo playstation better UH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
valid, well thought out argument.

Don't be Uh duh wraith!, articulate yourself and enjoy the FUNNER games.
Basically it's HMS, or MFB. One doesn't look half as awesome as the other, and is commonly touted as better because of Halo, plus is plagued by fanboys, but has a multitude of good games. The other looks carpin' awesome, but the games are um... how do I put this...? Good, but not great overall. MW2 would've buried this argument, but hackers ruined it. I'll say PS3, by a slim margin, simply because of X-Box Live. (I don't wanna pay to play online)
(Oct. 22, 2010  9:33 AM)momiji manju Wrote: valid, well thought out argument.

Don't be Uh duh wraith!, articulate yourself and enjoy the FUNNER games.

Haha. Here is some good games for PS3:
inFamous
LBP
Uncharted 1&2
That should be enough. I just don't like Halo much.
Oh, and bestblader, do you still think that the first X-Box was named "X-Box Live" and that Masterchief is a cyborg?
(Oct. 22, 2010  8:16 AM)bestblader123 Wrote: xbox is just simply better.cooler games.FUNNER games.oh and wraith if you are reading this than dont come to shcool on monday and be like hasbro:Uh duh!noooooooooo playstation better UH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

As stated before, the games don't make the system, and you obviously don't know what you're talking about. There is no fact that says Xbox 360 games are "FUNNER" than PS3 games. And why are you implying that Wraith is stupid? Your post is full of idiocy.