X-Box vs PS3

xbox 360's are awesome no mock ps3 r carp
(Oct. 27, 2010  6:33 AM)DaijoubuQuest Wrote:
Quote:I LOL at this everytime. The graphics are no different on both consoles if the game is made by the same developer because they are lazy. That and most teenagers wont have a 42" 1080p tv to apriciate those grapics on. maybe a 9" portable or a 26" or lower 720p tv.

BS. They are different. Playing with an HDMI cable on the TV YOU JUST MENTIONED is much more enjoyable than playing with regular wires for the Xbox 360. The graphics' differential is substantial and Uncharted 2 shows how the PS3's graphics dominate.

The Xbox 360 can't even handle Final Fantasy XIII's immense graphics engine without using multiple discs. And even then the frame-rate drops.

I LOL whenever I see someone saying there isn't a difference when there are images all around the internet that compare and contrast the PS3 to the Xbox-360.

I Tested ff13.

My xbox 360 slimline vs my mates PS3 Slimline on my 42" 1080p tv using a QED Goldpated HDMI cable on both.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
There is no frame rate drop the graphics are exatly the same. If anything the 360 loaded the game slightly quicker than the ps3. We didnt play for 5 minutes and swap either. We stopped after the Shiva battle.

What your talking with a blue ray disk is BS. Blueray has a higher capacity than a DL DVD THAT IS ALL!

Anyways with final fantasy its tradition to have multiple disks. (7,8,9) all have multiple disks.

You wouldnt say a mp3 or a video burned onto a CD has a better quality than a mp3 or video burned onto a DVD.

Uncharted is exclusive to ps3 so the deveoper can push the boat out on what they wanna do with the game graphics. Anything multiformat between ps3 and xbox is the exact same. Why would both games be the exact same file size?
(Oct. 27, 2010  6:26 PM)Newt Wrote: What your talking with a blue ray disk is BS. Blueray has a higher capacity than a DL DVD THAT IS ALL!
Blu ray has better picture quality and more storage space so in that sense its better then a normal HD DVD.

(Oct. 27, 2010  6:13 PM)sagittario15 Wrote: xbox 360's are awesome no mock ps3 r carp

Great post

but seriously dont just post that, explain why you think that way. If you read most of the post before hand in this topic aswell as doing research on specs for both consoles youd know the ps3 is better.
(Oct. 27, 2010  11:24 PM)Dirge Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2010  6:26 PM)Newt Wrote: What your talking with a blue ray disk is BS. Blueray has a higher capacity than a DL DVD THAT IS ALL!
Blu ray has better picture quality and more storage space so in that sense its better then a normal HD DVD.

(Oct. 27, 2010  6:13 PM)sagittario15 Wrote: xbox 360's are awesome no mock ps3 r carp

Great post

but seriously dont just post that, explain why you think that way. If you read most of the post before hand in this topic aswell as doing research on specs for both consoles youd know the ps3 is better.

Dude UMAD?

Better picture quality for a blueray movie is because they put on a higher resolution copy onto the blueray disk.They can do that because of the higher capacity. The disk by itself has no effect what so ever.

Still I cant see blueray being a good viable alternative to a DVD till they fix the bugs with it.
(Oct. 23, 2010  4:33 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: how does it not make sense?

Xbox 360 + 1 year of live = approx $400usd

PS3 + live (free) = approx $450usd

regarding the PS2, then why not have a virtual consolr market for that like the Wii of 360? why still make PS2 games? my point exactly. even if you look at sale satistics right now, 360's in 1st, Wii is in 2nd, and PS3 is in 3rd (only a little bit behind wii)
ps3 isnt a bad system, but it isnt great. its sales are also not bad, but agian, not great compared to wii and especialy 360
(Oct. 22, 2010  8:16 AM)bestblader123 Wrote: xbox is just simply better.cooler games.FUNNER games.oh and wraith if you are reading this than dont come to shcool on monday and be like hasbro:Uh duh!noooooooooo playstation better UH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

well said. in order to fully support a side, one must have a valid argument, in which case, PS3 thus far has almost none on this thread
join the FUNNER side

Have you not noticed the insane price drop, or must I find an ad for you...? And the PS3 is WINNING in sales right now. Don't make up statistics to suit your purposes...the Wii is in dead last, as hardcore gamers don't buy them. Besides, free is always good (in it's own way) And if you must be reminded, X-box 360's have a 39% crash rate according to Microsoft last year, which is why the model was changed, so they wouldn't have to uphold the 3-year warranty. Microsoft is cheap, and doesn't want to spend 25 cents per 5 consoles to add Disc bumpers? No way Jose.
MS is cheap BUT MAN CAN SOMEONE CLOSE THIS TOPIC I HATE CONSOLE WARS ! IT SUCKS
ITS LIKE BATTLING FOR IDENTICAL CLONES BATTLES FOR THE STUPID YAY !
i would go with the Wii but im still liking the PS3
the WII have its place as well as the PS3 BUT microsoft cheap stuff and pay to play online kind of thingy
i'd say F that im going for the free stuff
Wii60 is the way to go.
A wii is a must imo since its the only system that has the awesome nintendo titles (mario,zelda,etc), then comes the xbox or ps3. I'd honestly choose the xbox because of Halo, kinect, and its comfortable controller.

Console wars brings back memories.
Modded WiiS3 here. I have my Ps3 PHAT 80gb running Hermes V4b from a TI84+ calculator and a 1TB external drive for blu-ray and PS3 backups. I have a Wii running homebrew channel and a 500gb drive for game backups.

Thats the way to go Smile
Why on Earth is this thread on the sixth page? It should've been closed a long time ago.

It's threads like these that really make me miss my mod powers.
(Oct. 29, 2010  4:44 PM)Thresher Wrote: Wow Megablader, way to make up facts.
http://venturebeat.com/2010/10/28/micros...d-quarter/
Sales go Wii.>360>PS3.

agreed. Megablader, please do not make stuff up to fit YOUR NEEDS.
360 FOR THE WIN!!! And also PS3 isnt as competetive since ANYONE can have online. Only competetive people buy live so thats better. And Wii has bad graphics and gameplay imo.
(Nov. 16, 2010  1:23 AM)UnLeAsHeD Wrote: 360 FOR THE WIN!!! And also PS3 isnt as competetive since ANYONE can have online. Only competetive people buy live so thats better. And Wii has bad graphics and gameplay imo.

Since when was having less on-line people better? And PS3 is even more competetive because there is more people to challenge in games like fifa 11 and Blacks and Modern warfare 2. And Wii graphics aren't that bad. And Wii Gameplay is pretty good. but I think the only competetive games on Wii are Super Smash Bro's Brawl and Mario Kart.
Ok well if u find playing against a bunch of n00bs challenging and fun then PS3 would be better.
(Nov. 16, 2010  1:23 AM)UnLeAsHeD Wrote: 360 FOR THE WIN!!! And also PS3 isnt as competetive since ANYONE can have online. Only competetive people buy live so thats better. And Wii has bad graphics and gameplay imo.

Lolwut ever heard of Steam? I'd rather NOT pay for online service and use my money towards....y'know, new games.....plus the new $10 price hike on Live for the US is totally unreasonable in this economy. Why only drop it on the US? Why not the rest of the world? Why would you do this when your direct competitor offers their package at no cost.

Now I'm not bashing the Xbox, it has some amazing games (Fable 2, GOW, Halo Reach) but Xbox Live is a joke.
(Nov. 16, 2010  1:45 AM)Evan Wrote:

Lolwut ever heard of Steam? I'd rather NOT pay for online service and use my money towards....y'know, new games.....plus the new $10 price hike on Live for the US is totally unreasonable in this economy. Why only drop it on the US? Why not the rest of the world? Why would you do this when your direct competitor offers their package at no cost.

Now I'm not bashing the Xbox, it has some amazing games (Fable 2, GOW, Halo Reach) but Xbox Live is a joke.

srs question
Does PSN have FaceBook, Zune, Last .FM SKYPLAYER!!!! or an inbuilt movie rental.
Because it doesnt realy stand out what PSN offers you for free. That and Arnt't they trying to promote PS+ and you get the same features that you normally get through live anyways.
It has a built-in movie rental service it does have facebook, heck it has an internet browser it doesn't have skyplayer but it does have a freeview service and a BBCiPlayer service.
Not really PS+ just gives you exclusive features such as some free games from the PSN store.
(Nov. 16, 2010  1:22 PM)Newt Wrote:
(Nov. 16, 2010  1:45 AM)Evan Wrote:

srs question
Does PSN have FaceBook, Zune, Last .FM SKYPLAYER!!!! or an inbuilt movie rental.
Because it doesnt realy stand out what PSN offers you for free. That and Arnt't they trying to promote PS+ and you get the same features that you normally get through live anyways.

You know, I'm allowed to be all "EGAD SONY DEFENSE FORCE" because I own each platform. You just admited you don't. In fact, you just admited you don't even have basic knowledge about the competition...
(Nov. 15, 2010  8:14 AM)Roan Wrote: Why on Earth is this thread on the sixth page? It should've been closed a long time ago.

It's threads like these that really make me miss my mod powers.

I'd have closed this as soon as I saw it.
no one is making good posts at this point...it is all carp...

somebody close this thread...