Wyvang Discussion

Poll: What type is Wyvang best for, in your opinion?

Attack
43.64%
Defense
9.09%
Stamina
27.27%
Balance
20.00%
Total: 100% 55 vote(s)
Not really. Wyvang is only decent for stamina if you are higher than your opponent, and EDS is super easy to KO, so no, it isn't very good out of the box.
(Jan. 04, 2013  5:37 PM)ShinobuXD Wrote: Not really. Wyvang is only decent for stamina if you are higher than your opponent, and EDS is super easy to KO, so no, it isn't very good out of the box.
Thanks for the info, are there any beys from the dx sets that are decent out of the box? I read that Gargoyle ____ SA165GCF is a good bey for attack.
In Zero-G, Gargole Ifraid SA165 GCF and Goreim Revizer E230 SB are pretty decent uncustomized, but all the beys from the DX sets are terrible uncustomized in the BB-10.
Butvthe sets give a variety of good parts to choose from u can make some good beys
(Jan. 04, 2013  9:38 PM)facade Wrote: Butvthe sets give a variety of good parts to choose from u can make some good beys

Uncustomized....

But yes, Several of the parts are okay, and the rest are essentially fillers.
Would Orojya Wyvang 230WD be a good stamina bey?
No. Please ask all of your future combo-related questions in the "'Build me a combo!' #2" thread.
Wyvang Orojya 230 D would do well against W145 and TH170/TH195 opponents, but nothing higher. Wyvang has really good force smash, so it can make anything lower than it lose balance.
Has anyone tried Orojya Wyvang A230D/MB? Thats what I use and it seems to work alright.
I have 2 Wyvang metal wheels so is there any tests anyone would like done with Wyvang Wyvang, if so please tell me. I have all parts except for F230 and the chrome wheels I only have one of are dragooon bahamdia, Pegasus, girago and begriados. Other than that I have multiple of each chrome wheel
(Jan. 09, 2013  9:16 PM)The Beymaster Wrote: I have 2 Wyvang metal wheels so is there any tests anyone would like done with Wyvang Wyvang, if so please tell me. I have all parts except for F230 and the chrome wheels I only have one of are dragooon bahamdia, Pegasus, girago and begriados. Other than that I have multiple of each chrome wheel

What do you think of this:

MSF Wyvang Wyvang 230/SP230MB

can you test that?
(Jan. 10, 2013  12:18 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: What do you think of this:

can you test that?

I tested Wyvang Wyvang 230/A230 TB/MB for the last few days. It works good. BUT Wyvang has so much recoil. It has to have a rubber tip or the right setup to properly utilize this. This combo does decent against Duo 230 D. It has about a 65% win rate or so. Just has to be launched properly. But Wyvang has more attack potential then anything.
(Jan. 10, 2013  2:56 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

can you test that?

I tested Wyvang Wyvang 230/A230 TB/MB for the last few days. It works good. BUT Wyvang has so much recoil. It has to have a rubber tip or the right setup to properly utilize this. This combo does decent against Duo 230 D. It has about a 65% win rate or so. Just has to be launched properly. But Wyvang has more attack potential then anything.
So MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang CH120RF would be a good bey? I've seen someone on youtube saying it's a decent attack bey.

(Jan. 10, 2013  3:13 AM)ridbladebreaker Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2013  2:56 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

can you test that?

So MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang CH120RF would be a good bey? I've seen someone on youtube saying it's a decent attack bey.

Im still testing it out. Personally I tried CH120 RF/R2F/XF/MF. I just didn't like any of them. Ch120 R2F was my favorite on that particular height. But it just wasn't consistent enough for me. Im trying some different heights right now. I think Wyvang works better with another wheel. Right now from what Ive tested along with a few other members Gryph & Goreim work good. But Im still trying a few other wheels.

Has anybody tried extensively testing S130? It's probably my favorite track for attack types, it just makes the wheel hit the right height it seems.
can someone test Orojya Wyvang 230 cs as a balance combo
Oh my....this is quite impressive.

Goreim Wyvang GB145R2F vs. MSF-Reviser Reviser BD145RDF
Reviser always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
GW: 12 (0 OS, 12 KO)
Reviser: 8 (6 OS, 2 KO)
GW Win %: 60.0%
MSF-H Goreim Wyvang CH120LRF vs. MSF Killerken Revizer BD145RDF

Standard Procedure:
Barely used LRF
Used RDF, not worn yet
Tips cleaned after every 2 or so battles

Wyvang: 15 Wins (14 KO, 1 OS)
Revizer: 5 Wins (5 KO, 0 OS)
1 Draw, Redone

Wyvang Win Percentage: 75%

Detailed Round-By-Round Results:
Wow this combo did amazing. My Killerken's sides are just worn down and chipped up from Wyvang! As a side not, this win percentage could be a little higher by maybe 2 wins, since I learned how to most effeciently launch Wyvang towards the end. Also, the one OS by Wyvang is from a wall-save by Killerken that turned into a BD145 scrape-fest.
Oh wow, I didn't expect instant test confirmation. That's awesome! Thank you! Wyvang is definitely on par with Flash at the least. Maybe just a tad more recoil, but Goreim has two purposes here....1) reduces a little recoil, and 2) adds spin velocity (not as much as Gryph does, but enough).
(Jan. 11, 2013  2:09 AM)KainHighwind Wrote: but Goreim has two purposes here....1) reduces a little recoil, and 2) adds spin velocity (not as much as Gryph does, but enough).
I agree with this 100%, BUT, I still don't know which one I like better. Here is just a 10 battle series I did to show what Gryph can do, I'll to the other 10 when I get home from school;

MSF-H Gryph Wyvang CH120LRF vs. MSF Killerken Revizer BD145RDF

Standard Procedure, same as before

Wyvang: 8 Wins (6 KO, 2 OS)
Revizer: 2 Wins (1 KO, 1 OS)
3 Draws, Both Redone
Round-By-Round Results:
Wyvang Win Percentage: 80%

Keep in mind, this is after I have learned how to best launch Wyvang, and this is from a guy who hadn't even used a beyblade for 2-3 months LOL. That's really how good Wyvang is, people. As you might have noticed, there were significantly more draws with Gryph on Wyvang, when compared to Goreim Wyvang. These results also help prove my and Kain's experience with Goreim on Wyvang.

Comparative Test Results with;
MSF-H Gryph Wyvang CH120LRF vs. MSF Revizer Revizer BD145RDF

Standard Procedure, same as before

Wyvang: 8 Wins (7 KO, 1 OS)
Revizer: 2 Wins (1 KO, 1 OS)
1 Draw, Redone
Round-By-Round Results:
Wyvang Win Percentage: 80%

As you might have noticed, when going against Revizer Revizer, there were less draws. This, along with several experiences when playing around with Killerken vs. Wyvang, brings me to believe that Killerken has a much better ability to KO or draw against Wyvang.

(Jan. 10, 2013  10:26 PM)geetster99 Wrote: can someone test Orojya Wyvang 230 cs as a balance combo
After this was posted, we now know that Wyvang is best to be used for attack, but what would that really show anyways, lol?
Wyvang would be on top, so most, if not all of the contact would be to Orojya...
@Zancrow: Don't forget Wyvang also seems to be the best defense chrome wheel so far.

How did I overlook this! I must have been launching horribly, or Orojya must be horrible on Wyvang for attack. Anyways,
MSF-H Goreim Wyvang GB145 R2F vs MSF Revizer Revizer BD145 CS
Wyvang:12 Wins(11 KO,1 OS)
Revizer:8 Wins(5 OS,3 KO)

Benchmark: MSF-H Revizer Revizer BD145 CS vs MF-H Flash Lynx S130 R2F
Revizer:11 Wins(7 KO,4 OS)
Flash:9 Wins(All KO)

When I stuck this thing on CH120, it hit my BD145 and dented it...
(Jan. 12, 2013  2:28 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: @Zancrow: Don't forget Wyvang also seems to be the best defense chrome wheel so far.
How so? Only one test for defense in its own thread lol

I only have a magne type stadium, so i can't made an official test, but for me it had more recoil than revizer, it is good to add weight for sure, it's really hard to knock out even in that stadium, but has i said, it's not a valid test
Exactly as Ishkoort said, Wyvang has muuuuch more recoil than Revizer, or Killerken for that matter.

Also, just so nobody misinterprets it, R2F does just as good as LRF in my combo.