[Writing Tournament] Winners Announced - Congratulations!

Lol, I'm working on it.

My dog reacts badly to anesthesia, so after his teeth cleaning he has been vomiting for the past 2 hours. I've been only able to sporadically write, so now that he's calmed down a bit I'm getting to it.

I should hopefully be done before 12 AM, otherwise definitely around 12!
Deadline is 8 in the morning tomorrow, so if you're going to be awake at night ...

Besides, its not a school night either XD
Alright, because my dog finally calmed down I finished a bit late, but it's in!

Both you and Temporal have my story now, in all its wonderful craziness. Now to just wait for the results.

Did you and Shirayuki plan something, or...?
Welp, did my reviews. I have to add one more note on the last entry to fully justify my picks, then I'll be done.
I'll post everything in the morning!

(Aug. 18, 2012  6:30 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Did you and Shirayuki plan something, or...?

Yes, all three of us, even Carly is in this too XD
So, what were the final results?
I say Ga wins. The hilarity of the story just outweighs even my declaration that anyone who does a blood transfusion wins. It's awesome. The inclusion of WBO personae was an amazing idea. Good execution, good grammar, and a better pretense. In my opinion, Ga is the champion.

Second is Noodoo. As she said, she took a step back here. Not a big one, but she set the bar so high with her other entries that this one was...disappointing, in a sense. Still a good entry, just not finals-winning material. The idea, as she said when she sent the story, reminds me too much of Light from Death Note. Even then, if it did not, I am not entirely sure if it would beat out Ga's entry. Noodoo come in at second because of a lackluster performance from an execution standpoint. Again, Noodoo called her own downfall. She's quite good at spotting her own issues.

Third is Chinablade/Frieza. Another good entry. Unfortunately, the issue is that it's not really perfect. It gave Noodoo a VERY good run for her money, though. It just goes to show just how good Chinablade is to do that going up against someone who's been in a writing tournament before. Experience did Chinablade in, though, as the execution of the idea gets off to a slow start. The entry is too choppy at the beginning. Not enough transitions early on. It sort of alienates the reader, and makes it hard to rate it above Noodoo or Ga's entries.

EDIT: The last issue is the dubious accuracy of the events, as well.

All three did quite well, and should be proud.

I agree with Temporal. ChinaBlade, the inaccuracy of the historical references really threw your entry off. And I guess Noodoo's entry wasn't as good as anticipated either. Even though Ga's entry was really messed up and bouncing all over the place, it was easy to follow right to the end.

NoodooSoup Wrote:Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think I've only gotten worse. I predict a third/second place in my near future.

New Blood. (Click to View)

Too similar to Death Note, I know. Aaaaaaand, it might be a little too much to post on here; I mean, there are a few adult themes mentioned. Just a warning.

GaHooleone Wrote:This is meant to be a very random and disconnected story btw. Haha, this is a wonderfully insane story.

Frieza Wrote:Here's my entree for the contest!

By "New Blood", I couldn't stop thinking about Twilight or something like that. The reason I decided to make my story like this is...
I decided to put my knowledge on World War II to the test. Sep. 1st, 1939 was the day the war started. Infesis on "New". And I used the killing part as the "Blood" part. And I put a little "Deadman Wonderland" type of twist on it. I hope you guys like it!

Aw...
Eh third is good!
It was out of some amazing writers!
Congrats to Noodoo and Ga! Grin
Nice job, you guys! Both of you gave me a run for my money. I can see you taking my place right from under me next time, ChinaBlade.

Sweet! Foreign supermarkets with free Wi-fi!
Congrats to all the winners, especially Ga! He came out of nowhere! Was there any prizes?
(Aug. 18, 2012  10:05 PM)Ginga Blader Wrote: Congrats to all the winners, especially Ga! He came out of nowhere! Was there any prizes?

No prizes but self satisfaction. And plus, your stories will stay here and they'll be passed down throughout the ages!

And I wouldn't say Ga' came out of nowhere, lol. He was strong through the whole tournament.
No, I mean nobody knew he would get this far, because I do not think he had ever written a story before.
(Aug. 18, 2012  10:09 PM)Ginga Blader Wrote: No, I mean nobody knew he would get this far, because I do not think he had ever written a story before.

He has written some, here:

http://w11.zetaboards.com/PenPad_forums/...404/1/#new

http://w11.zetaboards.com/PenPad_forums/...7457903/1/

Cheers!
Looks like everyone here except for Noodoo and Temporal joined after my time as a writer haha.

I've always been a writer, I've just never bothered posting stuff on here. The stories that Insomniac linked are also on here, although the dragon one is from my time as a novice writer and therefore sucks hard when I look back.

That was fun! Great job to ChinaBlade and Noodoo, both of you were amazing! Can't wait to join another one whenever it pops up.
Now that I think about it, I see why I lost.
I was listening to Nikki Minaj and wasn't focusing. XD
I failed. XD
Anyways, I'm still happy that I got 3rd.
It gives me more hope for my futures stroies.
Thanks, Insomniac Adele and Temporal! XD
(Aug. 18, 2012  10:16 PM)Frieza Wrote: I was listening to Nikki Minaj and wasn't focusing. XD

Nikki Minaj's songs give you cancer Serious

But yeah, all the entries were really good. Though something about this:
Quote:I feel the rage rising in me. I stop running and turn to them. “Leave me alone!” I shout. The blood from my cut shoots out at them. It slices right through their chests. They fall down, dead.

So, the blood is magical?
(Aug. 18, 2012  10:19 PM)Adele L. Adkins Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2012  10:16 PM)Frieza Wrote: I was listening to Nikki Minaj and wasn't focusing. XD

Nikki Minaj's songs give you cancer Serious

But yeah, all the entries were really good. Though something about this:
Quote:I feel the rage rising in me. I stop running and turn to them. “Leave me alone!” I shout. The blood from my cut shoots out at them. It slices right through their chests. They fall down, dead.

So, the blood is magical?

I-I...
Ugh...
I can't explain it...
Deadman Wonderland...
It rotts your brain.
Oh, I see. I don't watch any anime so I didn't notice any reference to other anime if there was any present.
(Aug. 18, 2012  10:24 PM)Adele L. Adkins Wrote: Oh, I see. I don't watch any anime so I didn't notice any reference to other anime if there was any present.

It was kinda...
I really should think about this stuff...
That and I was hyped up on Mtn. Dew.
Grin
(Aug. 18, 2012  10:25 PM)Frieza Wrote: That and I was hyped up on Mtn. Dew.

I wonder what Ga' was on, lmao XD

PS: Did Insomniac die after getting hit by th!nk?
Nothing haha, I usually stay up till about 12 anyway. Prop my pillow up, work in my bed and I'm good for as long as necessary. Smile

No, but Insomniac got knocked unconscious and was out for a day or two. She woke up with a large bump on the back of her head and the occasional loss of short-term memory afterward.
While she recovers, Adele is the fill-in. XD
(Aug. 18, 2012  10:45 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: No, but Insomniac got knocked unconscious and was out for a day or two. She woke up with a large bump on the back of her head and the occasional loss of short-term memory afterward.

And realized the only thing she remembered was Adele.
XD

Beaten, XD
(Aug. 18, 2012  10:05 PM)Ginga Blader Wrote: Congrats to all the winners, especially Ga! He came out of nowhere! Was there any prizes?

Actually, Ga was a pre-tournament favorite in the first WBO tournament. I do not remember if he participated, but he would have given me a HUGE run, and barely won as-is. I don't think I woulda won had I matched up with Ga. Or Noodoo. Or Sparta, for that matter. I intend on changing that, though.