[Writing Tournament] Winners Announced - Congratulations!

That's...life. Sorry, but people are going to say you suck for no real reason. Sometimes grudges play a factor, jealousy, racism (See comments on Rue being black for the Hunger Games...), all that stuff comes into play. The best writers can ignore it with no issues. Losing the "will to write" means that you're afraid to hear more, methinks. (And can't you just block those members?) You likely still want to write, you just don't want to be unfairly judged. At least, that's what I think. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, though.
(Aug. 15, 2012  9:58 PM)Frieza Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2012  9:57 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2012  9:56 PM)Frieza Wrote: It's not him...
The bullies are back...

Now you're the one not making sense ...

Ugh! Okay.
People one a site (not telling which) kept making fun of me and I've lost the will to write!

I know that feel Unhappy
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:03 PM)Shirayuki Wrote: I know that feel Unhappy

You guys shouldn't be taking their comments seriously. I've been called "maniacal, atrocious, foolish, insane and notorious" for sticking up for Beywheelz. Did I abandon my forum? Nope. Like I say; dem haterz gon' hate.
I'll just ignore 'em and move on...
Exactly. Just move on.

Think about it, critics put down many potential authors with a complete beatdown in every aspect of literature. That doesn't stop the writer from writing though.

As for my entry, I'll start now. I have a vague idea of what to write, I hope it's good enough.
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:14 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: As for my entry, I'll start now.

That late? XD

A reminder, PM the entries to me no longer than midnight tonight! PM them to Temporal as well. Saves me the hassle of forwarding.
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:14 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Exactly. Just move on.

Think about it, critics put down many potential authors with a complete beatdown in every aspect of literature. That doesn't stop the writer from writing though.

As for my entry, I'll start now. I have a vague idea of what to write, I hope it's good enough.

In some cases, it does. Mainly when the media attacks every aspect of that book and the novelist's lifestyle.
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:27 PM)Temporal Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:14 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Think about it, critics put down many potential authors with a complete beatdown in every aspect of literature. That doesn't stop the writer from writing though.

In some cases, it does. Mainly when the media attacks every aspect of that book and the novelist's lifestyle.

Too bad it wasn't the same with the Twilight series Crying
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:21 PM)Insomniac Wrote: A reminder, PM the entries to me no longer than midnight tonight! PM them to Temporal as well. Saves me the hassle of forwarding.

Ah carp. Did you forward mine?
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:31 PM)Frieza Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:21 PM)Insomniac Wrote: A reminder, PM the entries to me no longer than midnight tonight! PM them to Temporal as well. Saves me the hassle of forwarding.

Ah carp. Did you forward mine?

I will, all at the same time Wink
I have yet to start. Weeeeell, it's a good thing I stay up late! I get my best ideas at the break of night.
More like kudos to anyone who can finish a late-night masterpiece, hah.
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:27 PM)Temporal Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2012  10:14 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Exactly. Just move on.

Like I said, many. Not all writers, but many.

I started my first round entry at 11 PM, finished at 11:58 PM with a 20 minute break, and sent it in at 11:59:47 PM (I wear a watch at all times except for showers, so I always know what time it is). Yeah, I'm that guy.

EDIT: Whoops, I derped again and it's already almost 9 PM EST. I only have 2 lines.

Procrastination goooo
I had a story, but I just hated the feel of it being based off of the slenderman so I was like, Screw it, I'm writing about children playing with spinning tops.

EDIT: Sent mine in.
And I pull off another last-minute entry!...Again!
(Aug. 16, 2012  5:00 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: And I pull off another last-minute entry!...Again!

Damn, me too. Haha, sent right at 11:59. Yikes. It was a race against the clock that I hopefully conquered in.
(Aug. 16, 2012  5:04 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2012  5:00 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: And I pull off another last-minute entry!...Again!

Damn, me too. Haha, sent right at 11:59. Yikes. It was a race against the clock that I hopefully conquered in.

11:59:47 for the first, 11:59:53 for the second. Hell yes.

Just check your PM in the Sent folder, if it still says 11:59 you're good.
Yep, I checked. 11:59, huzzah! I'm going to proceed with patting myself on the back for this accomplishment.
Hm, thanks for the entries. Haven't read them yet, I'm going to sleep now.

I didn't recieve Zancrow's entry ...
Procrastination saved you, hah. It serves you all well, apparently.
Do you guys think this will extend to Sunday? Sunday's the day I'm leaving for a probably internet-less vacation.
Probably not. I have my picks, just need to confirm with Temp. Final subject should be released by midnight. Uhh, and then the regular 24 hour deadline. So yeah, it shouldn't!
Oh, okay, I just thought there might be two more rounds or so, rather than one. Cool.
Good to hear.

Hopefully the picks for the next round will be announced soon, so I can start procrastinating again with my AP US History and AP Bio assignments.