[Writing Tournament] Winners Announced - Congratulations!

Oh, wait, scratch that; I'm leaving Saturday. Eaaaaaaarly Saturday. I hope I won't miss the finals, if I make it.
Hearing about Noodoo's personal issues, it would be best if the results and topic were released today...

Not one to push, but there's a legit reason to finish it up quickly.
I've given Temp the green light, he should post soon.
Temporal, where art thou? Looks like he's not gonna be online. So, I'll bring the good and the bad news.

Ack... I'm torn. Chinablade's idea was genius. "Using the topic by having the characters do the same topic for an assignment? Nice!" That was genius. But the Whirligig idea wasn't bad, despite being similar to the actual book Whirligig. If you asked me, I'd go with Noodoo, Ga, and Chinablade. The only knock on Chinablade is...friends story. Feel-Goods are nice, but sometimes they make me squeamish, hah. But I can't get the idea of a lack of originality out of my head. It may or may not be related to the book, and only the word is similar, but... You know what I mean?

Hm, this was a tough decision, but I it's going to be Temporal's call. ChinaBlade advances. I really loved Shirayuki's entry. It had a "different sense" to it (forgive me, Kai-V). It made me all warm and fuzzy from the inside and eh, happy. As weird as it may sound, I loved it. As for ChinaBlade, heck, why write a story when the characters can write it for you? Classic idea Tongue_out

Anyway, I agree on Noodoo and Ga. The did exceptionally well. Noodoo took the idea and spun it so it was pretty funny (and accurate. Football tryouts often start with kickoff return practices in the North. Helps to find the receivers and running backs.), and Ga's was just crazy. It was so well executed. Actually, I think Ga's was better than Noodoo's JUST slightly.

Noodoo and Ga' were excellent writers, and this round was no different. Congratulations, you guys advance! Noodoo's ending left me laughing for a bit Smile

Stories:

Shirayuki (Click to View)
ChinaBlade (Click to View)

And there you have it.

FINALS!

Good luck to all. Eagerly waiting for your takes on the subject:

"New Blood"

Ga', NoodooSoup and ChinaBlade, you've made it to the finals. The only thing left is to determine first, second and third!

The deadline is Saturday at 8 AM (EST).
My money is on noodoo.
I'll take a piece of that actionTongue_out
Whoop. Sorry. Well, we're here. The last round. That final hurdle. The last point on the map. Three writers are left, and there's nothing for me to say here. Except this: Nobody here is an underdog. You are here for a reason. Anyone can be beaten, and it is your job to prove that. You all earned your spots here. You all wrote extremely well. So all I have to say is good luck, and don't lose sight of your goal.
Ah, my fatal flaw... execution! We meet again! D:

And the competition just keeps getting better. Great job everyone! I have to step my game up if I want to get that first place Wink Good luck guys! And good luck to me.
Noodoo and Ga'Hooleone, the epic final showdown!

Eee
..... How in the holy hell did I make it.....
Welp.
Better get started on ideas.

[Edit] I can't get the thought of Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries, or Twilight out of my head because of the theme. Thank you, Insomniac.
[Edit 2] Just sent mine in.
Received ChinaBlade's entry!

Noodoo and Ga', please make sure to send it to Temporal as well please!
I always do!

Where art thou, ideas?
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:44 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Where art thou, ideas?

In the Shadow Realm, har har har.

The ideas will come with the setting of the sun Wink
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:45 PM)Insomniac Wrote: The ideas will come with the setting of the sun Wink

Forgot to send to Temporal again...
My bad. Pinching_eyes_2
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:47 PM)Frieza Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:45 PM)Insomniac Wrote: The ideas will come with the setting of the sun Wink

My bad. Pinching_eyes_2

Don't worry, haha. I forwarded it as soon as I received it because I kinda guessed you forgot XD
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:48 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:47 PM)Frieza Wrote:

My bad. Pinching_eyes_2

Don't worry, haha. I forwarded it as soon as I received it because I kinda guessed you forgot XD

Oh hahaha- ....
What's that supposed to mean!? Speechless
Oh and, I think you'll like the title under my avi. Grin
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:50 PM)Frieza Wrote: Oh and, I think you'll like the title under my avi. Grin

Eh, I love Kai-V (who doesn't?) but you should take it out, even if it is remotely true because its kinda mean D:
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:53 PM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2012  8:50 PM)Frieza Wrote: Oh and, I think you'll like the title under my avi. Grin

Eh, I love Kai-V (who doesn't?) but you should take it out, even if it is remotely true because its kinda mean D:

Oopsies...
It wasn't my idea!
It was my friend's! DX
Your current one is acceptable, its generic. But yeah, back on topic ... I didn't make it the regular 24 hour limit. Until 8 AM tomorrow guys!
(Aug. 17, 2012  9:37 PM)Insomniac Wrote: I didn't make it the regular 24 hour limit. Until 8 AM tomorrow guys!

How come?
Oh yeah!
Noodoo has to leave or something, right?
Yep, I'm leaving in the wee bits of dawn. I don't think I'll be able to see the results; hopefully I can.
You're pretty much garunteed a spot, just gotta determine which ﻩrder ﺇ

You'll see them when you get back though ﺕ
Ah, so since I've been busy with life I guess it's time to start now.

Temp, you thought my last entry was crazy? Just wait for this one, it'll blow my last entry out of the water in craziness. Wink
Sent mine in. It started off pretty good and then it went to complete and utter carp. It was a pretty interesting idea, too Unhappy
We're waiting on Ga' (no pressure dude). This is turning out great Grin