Winning Combinations at WBO Organized Play Events

Yah, I only lost once using the track/bottom combination (actually, I only lost once Tongue_out).

I used Dragonis because it looked pretty.
(Mar. 23, 2014  2:43 AM)Dual Wrote: I used Dragonis because it looked pretty.

Risky, but eh I won't argue haha. Cancer/Cygnus would probably give you a near minute longer for spin time though, just sayin'.
(Mar. 23, 2014  2:43 AM)Dual Wrote: Yah, I only lost once using the track/bottom combination (actually, I only lost once Tongue_out).

Has someone been reading dark mousey's posts?

LOL
(Mar. 23, 2014  2:46 AM)Tri Wrote:

Risky, but eh I won't argue haha. Cancer/Cygnus would probably give you a near minute for spin time though, just sayin'.
I don't have either.

(Mar. 23, 2014  2:47 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2014  2:43 AM)Dual Wrote: Yah, I only lost once using the track/bottom combination (actually, I only lost once Tongue_out).

Has someone been reading dark mousey's posts?

LOL
Part that, part OCD. Blue MF, blue 100, so I had to use my Hyperblade Dragonis cuz of the blue face bolt.

Sir I am proud of that. I use parts because they look pretty. And they happen to win more then most sometimes hah.
So looking at Dual's post, I'm assuming I'm not the only one that like it to look pretty.

Cause my OCD tells meh to make it pretteh too~~
(Mar. 12, 2014  12:05 AM)Stars Wrote: Whoops for got to post it :V

I lost once to OnTheDL using Driger V2 stock except using Heavy Metal Core. the Wall kept Self KOing when it comes to contact...

But on the rest of the tournament i sued

AR:Upper Dragoon (Master Dragoon)
WD Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left( Dragoon V2) : Double casing (Burning Kerberous) Bearing Version 2 slightly worn (Wolborg 2)
SP: Defense Ring (Voltaic Ape)
BB:Customize Grip Base (Dragoon V2)

I wish Upper Dragoon was Red....

Never liked Upper Dragoon on that setup, but then I don't really use it for balance as much as defense so if you're leaning on one combo for most of a tournament, I can see it working. Assume that's the logic?

My guess as to why you lost vs Driger V2 though is definitely the aggressive components, as generally Defensive Zombies are the main answer to Driger V2.

@Rushing Boar thing: Wait a stock rushing boar or??? We have no data on the AR so any info at all you can provide would be really, really good!!!

(Mar. 12, 2014  12:46 AM)Time Wrote: @stars Wolborg 4 stock except using Driger G ar.
Wh.... Why would someone do that?

(Mar. 23, 2014  2:38 AM)Dual Wrote: So I'll post my winning combos here, but I don't remember anyone else's.

Tournament: March Beyness
Format: Limited
Place: 2nd
Combos (in order of use):
Burn Dragonis 100MF
Earth Bull TR145WD
Vulcan Dragonis 100MF
Aquario 100MF

Jeez, it's almost like you have access to my draft blogposts folder - those MF Customs are basically three of the four main customs I was using to demonstrate the spectrum of MF Tornado Stalling/Attack in an article dedicated to it that also served to point out that they are really good combos!
Prefer lower tracks for Vulcan and definitely for Burn, but Vulcan is probably the best mostly-pure Metal Flat Attack wheel I've used so far (haven't done enough with Omega but I've tried most everything else), don't find it outspins much of anything but it is really, really good at knocking stuff out. And Aquario 100MF, well, I use an MF-F but oh man I love that combo. Looks amazing and beats a really good range of stuff, though given how much I like RF combos, I tend to find something better at stalling is a better fit for me personally.

Do you remember much of what each beat? Particularly Vulcan and Aquario, as I think at the very least the latter is deserving of a spot on the competitive combos list and the more evidence the better.
(Mar. 23, 2014  1:55 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2014  12:46 AM)Time Wrote: @stars Wolborg 4 stock except using Driger G ar.

It's kind of an incredibly cheap tank, it is nearly impossible to KO and can smash back when it needs to.
I've used similar things before, and they were ineffectual offensively and the stamina cost basically defeated the purpose of Wolborg 4 in the first place. Also became really easy to handle with tall attackers (and this was before Defense Grip Base tip inversion). Still, interesting. Don't want to derail the thread, but if you remember some things it beat and how it beat them, I'd be really interested in hearing it, in case I overlooked something or whatever.
@Th!nk I don't really remember, I know Burn 100MF beat Kei's Zero-G attack custom, Snoop Dog MS's Omega R2F custom, as well as a Bandid(?) Begirados (Crystal Up) TH170TB. Vulcan 100MF beat a poison custom and Aquario beat a stock Galaxy Pegasis. This probably weren't the results you were hoping for, but I would gladly do Aquario testing if needed.

Dark Mousy and Defstamina
At March Beyness I used MSF-H Bandid Wyvang GB145RSF and Duo Hades W145WD. I also used MF Cosmic Pegasis III TR145R2F, but I lost 3-2 against Dual's Burn Dragonis 100MF in the finals. I went 6-3 at the tournament, and my last loss was against Burn 230CS 3-1 using the Wyvang combo, which was also a winnable BeyBattle; I just failed to prepare and execute properly, especially against the MF combo which I lost to twice. I also lost to a Burn MF combo at the last Toronto tournament, so it's safe to say I've learned my lesson now! Haha
Ah, so that's all it was? A while back, some were complaining that in particular Burn tornado stallers were too strong - I disagree, of course, but was slightly concerned at seeing it beat attack a few times of note, especially against you (no offense to Snoop Dog MS intended - I just don't know off the top of my head exactly how capable he is with it and the name Kei does tend to stand out a bit!) that perhaps launching at the same time and across the stadium somehow had more of an effect than I thought. Most left spin attack types I've tried wipe the floor with it (though if I remember rightly, LLD TR145 loses, light weight being a major factor with the height presumably), so if you know it's coming and want to play it safe, that's where I'd look - but I doubt you really need my help here.

As for Bandid Wyvang, it seems like Crystal Wheel choice has been kinda painful for you. Bandid is nice enough but IDK, it's not been the most reliable thing for me even on RF, aside from some LTAC where it made a nice underside against a Bakushin or Libra (probably bakushin). Have you tried Shinobi? Most of us who have seem to generally be in agreement that it's the best offensive crystal wheel for Wyvang. Perhaps it's too recoil-prone or something, but if you lost to Burn 230CS 3-1, I'd definitely look into it for that extra aggression. Heavier than Bandid too. Also, did you try out R145 at all?

Finally (and sorry again for the interrogation), how did Duo hold up in terms of staying in the stadium?
I lost against the Burn combo once with the Cosmic combo, and once with the Wyvang combo 3-1. The Wyvang combo really stands no chance against it given how poorly it takes hits. I saw he was using Burn, so I mistakenly assumed it was a stamina type and chose the Wyvang combo. Left spin does seem like a good counter for it, I agree.

I chose Bandid because that was all I could find in Snoop Dog MS's incredibly messy parts box lol. I wanted to use Samurai like I did before. I'll consider Shinobi for the future though, thanks. I considered using R145, but then I saw GB145 and thought it might work too. I can't remember, but isn't it heavier than R145? That's kind of why I chose it, but I wasn't sure on of I was right or not; like I said, I didn't prepare well for this tournament haha. I just kind of built what I could when I got there.

Five of my wins were with the Wyvang combo; I only used Duo once against a Killer stamina combo, so it's hard for me to say.
(Mar. 23, 2014  1:55 PM)th!nk Wrote:
Never liked Upper Dragoon on that setup, but then I don't really use it for balance as much as defense so if you're leaning on one combo for most of a tournament, I can see it working. Assume that's the logic?

My guess as to why you lost vs Driger V2 though is definitely the aggressive components, as generally Defensive Zombies are the main answer to Driger V2.

@Rushing Boar thing: Wait a stock rushing boar or??? We have no data on the AR so any info at all you can provide would be really, really good!!!

OnTheDL and my father was using
AR: Rushing Boar
WD: 8 Balance?
SG: First Clutch Metal Ball (Drciael G)
BB: Zeus

I used Upper Dragoon because it works 4 ways (Defense, Endurance, Attack, Zombie) since the AR is pretty big and low on recoil and serves upper attack since Bearing core 2 can get aggressive sometimes. I still need to test more on Rushing Boar AR to this defense zombie set up (because mine is red).

About that Wolborg stock with driger G AR it was time idea not my father haha. He would've went with rushing boar combo and just get out of here hah.
Yeah, Wyvang vs that is going to be a lost cause. Honestly I'm still not really sold on that type of combination as a whole, but that's probably because I'd mostly rather use RF in that sort of situation. Then again, that could just be Wyvang molds or the like, though 4D Jade worked pretty well on H145RSF (credit to Time for suggesting I look into that, btw) and I still ended up preferring CH120RF so maybe, maybe not.

No probs. R145 is consistently heavier, though I guess GB145 being less balanced than a correctly-oriented one could end up helping against taller things - I need to look into that, because I saw some interesting things playing around with a Saramanda when I was trying various Chrome Wheel LTAC that I can't imagine was caused by its design.

Unless the Killer combo was significantly taller, yeah, probably not going to tell us much haha.

@Stars: That is an odd little combo. From what you've said, I get the feeling Hammer Tusk might be smaller than I had figured. Thanks!

Always found Upper Dragoon had too much recoil for most defensive things, but seems like it worked well enough for you.
RF would be my choice in that situation too (hence my use of it the second time around, which in hindsight would have been better had it been left-spin); I chose Wyvang on the assumption that he would be using a Burn Stamina combo. I didn't know at the time that Dual had such a penchant for MF combos.
Wow, how is Burn MF winning against Attack (I mean, it doesn't sound like it was a blow-out, but still; that's how I dealt with it at the Revival and IIRC I won 3-0. MF-H Lightning L-Drago TR145R2F I think it was, or possibly CH120)?

I mean, it's definitely good, but I've never had trouble beating it before. I just tried it out a couple minutes ago against Cosmic R145/Omega 85, and it hardcore failed against both (perhaps something of the like that th!nk mentioned is coming into play, without a second person to launch Burn, but from the margin the Attack customs were winning by that'd be something I wouldn't be quick to believe, although that may be my stubborn mentality speaking, haha).

Maybe I should start using it. From how easily I could win against it I figured it would be a little risky (perhaps I'm doing something wrong with Burn?), but gosh, if everyone else is losing to it, it might not be such a bad idea, haha.

Kei: So, how did/do you like that Cosmic combination? I think you are the first person I've heard of who's used it in official play. Is there a reason you used it over Pegasis (although, considering you didn't have your own parts with you, it may not have been available)?
Kei: Oh, I meant in general, not against that specific opponent, haha. Worded that poorly.

@TBD: You'll have FunTimesâ„¢ with Burn LTAC in a place that likes lightning as much as NC lol
(Mar. 24, 2014  1:37 AM)th!nk Wrote: @TBD: You'll have FunTimesâ„¢ with Burn LTAC in a place that likes lightning as much as NC lol

Eeeexactly.

So I'm not off my rocker after all! Wink
(Mar. 23, 2014  11:54 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Wow, how is Burn MF winning against Attack (I mean, it doesn't sound like it was a blow-out, but still; that's how I dealt with it at the Revival and IIRC I won 3-0. MF-H Lightning L-Drago TR145R2F I think it was, or possibly CH120)?

I mean, it's definitely good, but I've never had trouble beating it before. I just tried it out a couple minutes ago against Cosmic R145/Omega 85, and it hardcore failed against both (perhaps something of the like that th!nk mentioned is coming into play, without a second person to launch Burn, but from the margin the Attack customs were winning by that'd be something I wouldn't be quick to believe, although that may be my stubborn mentality speaking, haha).

Maybe I should start using it. From how easily I could win against it I figured it would be a little risky (perhaps I'm doing something wrong with Burn?), but gosh, if everyone else is losing to it, it might not be such a bad idea, haha.

Kei: So, how did/do you like that Cosmic combination? I think you are the first person I've heard of who's used it in official play. Is there a reason you used it over Pegasis (although, considering you didn't have your own parts with you, it may not have been available)?
My Burn Dragonis is a big coward and usually just ran away from the opponent for awhile before throwing in some weak slaps.

But honestly, it seemed alright at taking hits. Throughout the course of the tournament it was only KO'd three times, I believe. One was an unofficial match that ended with my beyblade hitting an undesirable location, if you catch my drift.

In all seriousness, it might have been due to the lack of left spin attack, but Burn 100MF seemed pretty good at staying in the stadium.
(Mar. 23, 2014  11:54 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Wow, how is Burn MF winning against Attack (I mean, it doesn't sound like it was a blow-out, but still; that's how I dealt with it at the Revival and IIRC I won 3-0. MF-H Lightning L-Drago TR145R2F I think it was, or possibly CH120)?

I wouldn't read too much into one battle at one tournament. It was close like you said, and I also self-KOed once and in the first round the Burn combo was fortunate enough to have a couple wall saves to prevent it from being knocked out in the first round.

I experimented with it before the first Toronto Limited tournament in December and it was one of my favourite Wheels. But I haven't compared Cosmic to Pegasis, so I'm not sure. I had it built and ready to go at that tournament, but never had a need to use it with Gravity available at the time.

edit: Also, I think Snoop Dog MS was using MF on Omega, not RF/R2F?
Ah, an MF setup would help explain Omega's loss then. OK, so at least against Cosmic it was mostly a lucky break. Makes more sense now. Thanks guys. Smile

Comsic and Pegasis actually perform virtually identically against LTDC/MTDC, but Pegasis has a definite advantage against 230. So, essentially more versatile, probably a better choice than Cosmic in a given situation actually, if I had to pick one. That's how they line up for me, at least (although, to be fair, I haven't tested Cosmic against 230 as much as I'd like, but from what I've seen that seems to be the case).
Oh man Omega MF also got used? I swear IL must have a backdoor into my computer - that was another thing I was playing around with, and one of the reasons the aforementioned blog post hasn't gone up yet - haven't had a chance to compare it in enough detail, though it seemed quite promising.

TBD, is that so? Always found significantly taller opponents to be the most annoying ones for Pegasis, so I was hoping if I got a Cosmic that would be the major improvement. I'll probably shoot you a PM in a little to discuss Cosmic further, I could use some more info on it I think.

(Mar. 24, 2014  7:22 PM)Kei Wrote: I wouldn't read too much into one battle at one tournament.
Preach it, brother.
(Mar. 25, 2014  3:42 AM)th!nk Wrote: Oh man Omega MF also got used? I swear CT must have a backdoor into my computer - that was another thing I was playing around with, and one of the reasons the aforementioned blog post hasn't gone up yet - haven't had a chance to compare it in enough detail, though it seemed quite promising.

TBD, is that so? Always found significantly taller opponents to be the most annoying ones for Pegasis, so I was hoping if I got a Cosmic that would be the major improvement. I'll probably shoot you a PM in a little to discuss Cosmic further, I could use some more info on it I think.

(Mar. 24, 2014  7:22 PM)Kei Wrote: I wouldn't read too much into one battle at one tournament.
Preach it, brother.

The tournament was in IL XD
Ack, fixed that - I'm blaming that on the various similarities in the two communities w/ regards to Attack usage.