Wiki Random Thoughts

there wasn't a random thoughts thread for Wiki so I decided to make one so we discuss and ask questions about BeyWiki and Beyblade Wiki
hey Mods can you tell me if this thread is ok
It's not necessarily needed but it's not really bad to have this opened either. Smile
Ditto. If it gains enough traction I'll stickie it for you. Smile
is there is any guide or somthing which tell how to use formating of beyblade wiki
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-How-to-...n-the-Wiki
During the scavenger hunt, I accessed BeyWiki/Wikia(Don't remember which one it was.. Most probably wikia) .. found out that there weren't many things about the old parts from the plastics and hms gen.. I think it would be good if there was a section for plastics.. Grin
(Feb. 02, 2016  3:08 PM)Maximum Dranzer Wrote: During the scavenger hunt, I accessed BeyWiki/Wikia(Don't remember which one it was.. Most probably wikia) .. found out that there weren't many things about the old parts from the plastics and hms gen.. I think it would be good if there was a section for plastics.. Grin

That is normal, and the solution is very simple : we just have to transfer our articles from Beywiki onto the Beyblade Wiki, to populate that section. If you want to help, it would be very appreciated, because that is seriously the only step of user input that is missing in order for your wish to be reality : https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblad...blade-Wiki
just a suggestion. how about creating a saparate sub-fourm for Plastic, MFB, HMS,PHWS,Burst,accessories[like stadiums launcher]
(Mar. 11, 2016  12:50 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: just a suggestion. how about creating a saparate sub-fourm for Plastic, MFB, HMS,PHWS,Burst,accessories[like stadiums launcher]

The thing about that though, is that there aren't really that many drafts being made and approved, and making separate sub forums will make things take longer to find and honestly makes the already somewhat-working system very convoluted and difficult.
Yes, if this was actually a super popular forum with many new posts everyday, we could consider it, but dividing threads would not help increase the sort of collaboration we are looking for in our Members... These days it seems like it is just me doing work and Shirayuki once in a while. I got almost all of A and B articles that could just be copied-pasted over to the Beyblade Wiki done.
Yeah, I'm guilty for that to be honest, sorry for leaving you two to shoulder most of the stuff yourself. I'm trying to catch up on my university work at the moment, so I'm just slipping in edits and posts when I can. I'm hoping that I'll be back fully soon. Sorry! D:

Just to second what has already been said; a system like that would just overcomplicate things. As it currently stands, the unapproved/approve separation works well enough, and it doesn't need expanding on. We should also definitely not be working on enough drafts at the same to warrant having any further of a separation. Drafts should be finalised before moving onto others, rather than creating tonnes of them and never completing them.
Subsections such as those are only really necessary for customizations, but I agree that here it isn't necessary.

But yo, spring break is around the corner for me, just wait hahaha.
So, I've done almost all of the C articles save for the MFB ones because those are headache inducing.

However, for some of the Customize Weight Disk Pictures (Free Survivor, Free Crusher, Needle Attacker, and Chain Attacker) have been previously deleted, so I cannot upload those pictures anymore.

@[~Mana~] assuming you can fix this?
Aha, I've just explained this to you on Skype but I'll put it here for the sake of everyone; when uploading an image, if an image with the same filename was previously deleted, it'll pop up with a warning that you'll need to confirm before it'll complete that upload.

The way to circumvent that is to mark the upload to "Ignore any warnings" with the checkbox above the upload button. Otherwise, after you try to upload the file, you'll just need to click the "Yes, ignore the warning" button.
Tomorrow I'm going to be working on merging the J and M articles. Just a heads up unless anyone else has the same idea. (which I sort of doubt based on how progress is moving)
Awesome, sounds good. I have university deadlines until March 31st, but I'll be ploughing through MFB stuff after that. Nobody wants to touch those articles, and I don't blame them; the template that was used on them is excessively clunky and horrible to convert from, haha.
I think we should add a price reference list of all beyblades on Beyblade Wiki like it was on Beywiki.
(Mar. 25, 2016  4:47 AM)vikrambeyblade Wrote: I think we should add a price reference list of all beyblades on Beyblade Wiki like it was on Beywiki.

It's most likely getting merged over anyway.
Why have I been blocked from Beyblade wikia? I´ve never done anything evil. I just added what I knew. I´m sorry.
It's possible that you had a lot of edits that were incorrect, or unnecessary, etc.
(Mar. 25, 2016  1:33 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: It's possible that you had a lot of edits that were incorrect, or unnecessary, etc.

Can´t I get a second chance? I´ll do my best and promise to never make mistakes or unnessesary edits ever again. Please. Unhappy
(Mar. 25, 2016  1:51 PM)Zera Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2016  1:33 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: It's possible that you had a lot of edits that were incorrect, or unnecessary, etc.

Can´t I get a second chance? I´ll do my best and promise to never make mistakes or unnessesary edits ever again. Please. Unhappy

If you want to contribute to the wiki, you can always provide feedback on other editor's drafts here Smile
Exactly! We generally don't want people editing articles that are on the wiki currently unless they have a glaring error, and even then we would rather you let one of the staff/Beywiki Editors (myself, Shirayuki, ~Mana~, Serotonin, etc) know so they can fix it. Smile
Oh hahah DarkZera(numbers) was you? Yo, you kept adding utter bull defecation to Beyblade articles about how x Beyblade was a Zero-G version of this other Beyblade combination that a YouTuber had started using and you heavily implied that the use of that customization had become so popular that TAKARA-TOMY had no choice but to release it, or that y Beyblade was the evolution of a well-known customization a YouTuber was using and you listed incredibly farfetched reasons for why that was supposedly true. Yo, as much as I respect anybody, YouTubers are basically worthless to TAKARA-TOMY and they certainly have never based their Beyblade releases on them or any other fans. Hell, they are known to be unable to accept outside suggestions for Beyblade designs for legal reasons, except when they outright hold a design contest in CoroCoro.

I really would have prefered to say this to you privately, but your contributions on the Wiki in the past few days have really taken your issue to the next level: you really need to stop trying to associate inventions or things to people. Some things in life just are, either without a creator because they are combinations so anybody would have ended up trying it out eventually, or because there is only one distant inventor - TAKARA-TOMY. No need to go further and always try to say that this or that thing is something you came up with first.