Wii Prejudice -- Do you have it?

Fleetscut Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:
Artie Wrote:But Fleetscut, the software isn't fun; that's the point of this thread.

Nintendo has failed on all the essential fronts for the hardcore gaming market, and well...

Now we're pissed. Eat carp and die?

when they decided to willingly make a system that had no hope of keeping up with the graphics power of the ps3 and 360 i doubt the hardcore gamers were the first on thier list of consumers. instead they chose to make something that everyone could enjoy no matter their experience with games

That includes hardcore gamers, and they aren't making the games for us to enjoy.

I'm not asking them to cater only to the hardcore, but compared to the Gamecube and past generations, it's unforgivable.

you cant make something that appeals to everyone when your always trying to appease a certain group. if hardcore gamers dont enjoy simple things like wario ware, or wii sports/play then thats their choices. its not like they're being forced to play. but i bet if they even tried it in passing they'd agree that theres some enjoyability to them even if there isnt alot

You're just proving my point. You say they make games for everyone, yet this just isn't true. 90% of games are for casuals, and the other 10% are either ports of old games or a true gem (like SSBB or SMG).

if you noticed more people buying the "casuals" would you not, as a company, decide to make more?

I AM NOT ARGUING THAT THEY ARE MAKING MONEY OFF OF CASUAL GAMES. SWEET, GOOD FOR THEM.

They need BALANCE.
Artie Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:
Artie Wrote:But Fleetscut, the software isn't fun; that's the point of this thread.

Nintendo has failed on all the essential fronts for the hardcore gaming market, and well...

when they decided to willingly make a system that had no hope of keeping up with the graphics power of the ps3 and 360 i doubt the hardcore gamers were the first on thier list of consumers. instead they chose to make something that everyone could enjoy no matter their experience with games

See, that's where you're wrong. At first Nintendo touted the Wii as the console for both casual and hardcore gamers alike. They said they'd deliver games for hardcore and casual audiences in a balanced fashion.

They haven't done this. I think hardcore gamers who bought into the Wii thinking they'd be in for some great hardcore games were tricked. Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 are great, but I'd hardly call them enough to please hardcore gamers, especially those that only own a Wii and nothing more.

what makes them "hardcore"? most people i see think a game is great because it looks so realistic and not because it has great gameplay, or good controls

Gamers who go on websites, read blogs, know of or own other consoles...

Strange that gamers with multi-consoles are the only ones seeing the Wii problem Uncertain

ive got multi-console. and i dont see much of a problem with the wii. if a game i like comes out or the wii ill either enjoy it or i wont. not complain how the wii doesnt have any good games just because nothing appeals to me specifically
after the amount of sales that halo 3 and gears of war have made im pretty sure theres a large group of people disatisfied with the wii's lineup.

Even Gears of War sold more than Zelda, and its NEW, its HARDCORE, and more innovative.
if you keep comparing wii games to games like that of course they're going to be seen as unappealing.

when i played zelda it was because it was fun and not because i thought it was some sw33t Ub3r game
Fleetscut Wrote:if you keep comparing wii games to games like that of course they're going to be seen as unappealing.

when i played zelda it was because it was fun and not because i thought it was some sw33t Ub3r game

We don't think Big Brain Academy or Wii Fit are fun. There are not enough games for hardcore users, like Sam and myself.

How can you not grasp such a simple concept?
Fleetscut Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:

See, that's where you're wrong. At first Nintendo touted the Wii as the console for both casual and hardcore gamers alike. They said they'd deliver games for hardcore and casual audiences in a balanced fashion.

They haven't done this. I think hardcore gamers who bought into the Wii thinking they'd be in for some great hardcore games were tricked. Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 are great, but I'd hardly call them enough to please hardcore gamers, especially those that only own a Wii and nothing more.

what makes them "hardcore"? most people i see think a game is great because it looks so realistic and not because it has great gameplay, or good controls

What makes them hardcore is the fact they are good games.

Games that carry stories along with controls and game play that don't suck.

I don't love Halo 3 because it looks so realistic. I love Halo 3 because its fun to play with my friends and its easy to sink a lot of time in. It rewards you for playing online. The competitive nature of online gaming is hardcore in itself. The visuals are just icing on top of the cake. I don't recall anyone complaining when a game LOOKED good.

Since the Wii came around, I've seen this a lot. "Graphics aren't everything you guys. Game play comes first."

Yeah, you're totally right. Game play is much more important, but when a game looks like total carp visually, it really doesn't matter how fun it is. Like I said before, I'm not really all that dissatisfied with the Wii's visuals. I think they're ok and top notch... When compared to last gen consoles, that is. The fact is, Wii truly needs stylized graphics because no matter how much Nintendo wanted to avoid comparisons to their competitions games, they're going to get them.

The vast majority of Wii owners are so damn naive and it angers me so much to see them stick up for Nintendo when they're totally abandoning those gamers that kept them floating financially all through the Gamecube's life. If it weren't for hardcore gamers snapping up the Gamecube to buy the latest Zelda, Mario and Metroid, Nintendo probably wouldn't be in the position it is today.
Artie Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:if you keep comparing wii games to games like that of course they're going to be seen as unappealing.

We don't think Big Brain Academy or Wii Fit are fun. There are not enough games for hardcore users, like Sam and myself.

do you not find it fun because it requires thinking or exercise? there are lots of people that enjoy puzzles. why do you think every newspaper in the world has sudoku, crosswords, scrambles, and a bunch of other simple games?
Ryan's post is exactly right.

Also, adding motion sensing doesn't automatically mean they have SUPERIOR controls.

omg.

we all play games for fun.

i had more fun in gow because it was something NEW, not a remake of ocarina of time with waggle and artie, i said that like 3 pages back.

fleetscut, just quit it.
Fleetscut Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

do you not find it fun because it requires thinking or exercise? there are lots of people that enjoy puzzles. why do you think every newspaper in the world has sudoku, crosswords, scrambles, and a bunch of other simple games?

...are you serious?

I play games that sound FUN to me. I have no problem with exercise or thinking (as I exercise quite a bit and am intelligent, thank you very much) but these are not attractive qualities in a game where I want to ENJOY MYSELF.

Again, there isn't enough choice. That's all I'm saying and I don't understand why you cannot grasp this.
Fleetscut Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

The fact is, Nintendo is pushing these absolutely retarded "non-games".

They're just cards and sudoku and all that other mundane carp that don't make compelling experiences presented in a video game format.

"Hey look! Now you don't have to write to do Sudoku! You can just write it on the screen! HOW REVOLUTIONARY IS THAT?!"

I'm saying that I play video games because they are so surreal and allow me to do things that I would never get to experience in real life. If I wanted to exercise or solve a crossword puzzle I'd go to the god damn gym and take a newspaper with me.
i think portal had plenty of thinking

and that was on everything BUT the wii
sam Wrote:i think portal had plenty of thinking

lmfao

I agree. It probably could've been done on Wii too, given that the visuals weren't that striking.
sam Wrote:i think portal had plenty of thinking

It also would've worked quite well on the Wii.
How so?

So far FPS controls have been rather abysmal on the system, the only exception being Metroid Prime 3.

Other than the controller, I can't think of any reason why Portal would be a smart fit for Wii.
because i've never played portal and i'm talking out of my carp, roan, that's why
[Image: P1010022-1.jpg]

i look like carp but it's still lol

(fleets your the bee kness but this topic was ridiculous man. nintendo just wants your money)
yeah i ended up taking a side so i tried to go with it till the end
Fleetscut Wrote:yeah i ended up taking a side so i tried to go with it till the end

peace brother

stick with the homies
fleetscut

you just got rid of any point you may have had

and artie, lmfao.

bees knees... i never hear anyone else say this ever.
sam Wrote:fleetscut

and artie, lmfao.

i honestly say it like once a week
sam Wrote:fleetscut

and artie, lmfao.

i am secretly a 70 year old woman

surprise