Wii Prejudice -- Do you have it?

Roan Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Quote:Manhunt 2 is a good example of a game that belongs on Wii, where the controller actually enhances the game play rather than hinders it.

Too bad it's disgusting and absolutely carp.

I liked it. D:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platform...anhunt%202

That is one seriously wide range of scores.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Quote:Manhunt 2 is a good example of a game that belongs on Wii, where the controller actually enhances the game play rather than hinders it.

Too bad it's disgusting and absolutely carp.

I liked it. D:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platform...anhunt%202

That is one seriously wide range of scores.

Rofl

Wow, that is a really wide range. I'm not that surprised though. My point in bringing up Manhunt though was to say that it makes more sense being on Wii than it does on PS2 or PSP.

The motion controls work and above all, make sense. A lot of games that utilize the Wii remote don't do either of those two things. lol
I don't see why every complain about Sony removing backwards compatibility on PS3, I mean everyone has a PS2, right? (hell, I have two) And do you REALLY need 4 USB ports? I honestly don't see why people carp about that. The same goes for the 40GB hardrive too, I mean I've had a computer with 60GB hardrive since 2003, and it still has 15GB availible.
Imo it's just people looking for something to carp about, now that they can't carp about the price.

Btw I'm not a Sony Fanboy, I don't even have a PS3, still not 100% if I should get PS3 or 360, so no-one say I'm biased
Silver Kane Wrote:I don't see why every complain about Sony removing backwards compatibility on PS3, I mean everyone has a PS2, right? (hell, I have two) And do you REALLY need 4 USB ports? I honestly don't see why people carp about that. The same goes for the 40GB hardrive too, I mean I've had a computer with 60GB hardrive since 2003, and it still has 15GB availible.
Imo it's just people looking for something to carp about, now that they can't carp about the price.

Btw I'm not a Sony Fanboy, I don't even have a PS3, still not 100% if I should get PS3 or 360, so no-one say I'm biased

Everyone bitches about backwards compatibility because it was a promised feature and now Sony is breaking their promises and making you pay for a higher end model when it should be standard in all the packages. Wink
Silver Kane Wrote:I don't see why every complain about Sony removing backwards compatibility on PS3, I mean everyone has a PS2, right? (hell, I have two) And do you REALLY need 4 USB ports? I honestly don't see why people carp about that. The same goes for the 40GB hardrive too, I mean I've had a computer with 60GB hardrive since 2003, and it still has 15GB availible.

they arent completely removing backwards compatibility. theyre removing the ps2 chipset used for backwards compatibility and replacing it with software to reduce production cost. it'll still be compatible with ps2 games but not all of them. i think its the early ps2 games that wont be able to run on the ps3
Fleetscut Wrote:

they arent completely removing backwards compatibility. theyre removing the ps2 chipset used for backwards compatibility and replacing it with software to reduce production cost. it'll still be compatible with ps2 games but not all of them. i think its the early ps2 games that wont be able to run on the ps3

No. The 40 GB model has been completely stripped of backwards compatibility.

"The 40 GB will come bundled with a copy of Spider-Man 3 on Blu-ray and not a hint of backwards compatibility."

Source: http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/10/sony...rms-4.html

The 60 and 80 GB models have what you're talking about. They removed the Emotion Engine chipset and now PS2 emulation is software based, much like Xbox 1 games on Xbox 360.
wow i didn't know that.
but you know, ps3 is really not so expensive these days (or at least for us in canada) http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=ge...od&x=0&y=0 sweet deals,

for most kids with no dependants, living with their parents I doubt you'd have to save more than 2 paycheques. if i wanted to i could buy one every paycheque(but thats stupid)

anyway i think the wii was cool but underdelivered, and while its system sales are do great, i think third party dev are afraid of developing for it because its easier to be a lame game that people will return etc. basically not enough earning potential (just a guess, i don't really know)

ps roan, haha when have we really clashed?
BlueSZK Wrote:wow i didn't know that.
but you know, ps3 is really not so expensive these days (or at least for us in canada) http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=ge...od&x=0&y=0 sweet deals,

for most kids with no dependants, living with their parents I doubt you'd have to save more than 2 paycheques. if i wanted to i could buy one every paycheque(but thats stupid)

anyway i think the wii was cool but underdelivered, and while its system sales are do great, i think third party dev are afraid of developing for it because its easier to be a lame game that people will return etc. basically not enough earning potential (just a guess, i don't really know)

ps roan, haha when have we really clashed?

We never really have, I'm just saying a lot of the things you say I don't agree with. Wink
The thing that's so LOL with BC for Sony, is they totally bitched out MS for not having it, and that having BC makes it a part of the PS family.

Kinda like Rumble is last gen, amirite
As I said before, I play games for the games themselves, not for or because of the systems they're on. The PS3 will eventually decrease in price... at least we hope it will. Hell, they did it already, but only so they could sell one with bigger storage for the original price, making the entire drop in price pointless in the first place. But regardless, on the day Final Fantasy XIII or SoulCalibur IV is released - whichever one comes out first - I'm walking out of that store with a PS3. Until then, we'll see what happens.
i doubt the price will drop again for awhile. the next time you see the ps3 drop in price is when blue rays drives become alot less expensive. the reason for such a high price in the first place was because when blue ray first came out the drives cost like $1000 each
FYI, I don't have a PS2. But I'll probably be picking one up once I can get a white one at a decent price.
Tamer Brad Wrote:FYI, I don't have a PS2. But I'll probably be picking one up once I can get a white one at a decent price.

There are rumors floating around that the PS2 is going to drop down to $99 USD.

D:
Roan Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:FYI, I don't have a PS2. But I'll probably be picking one up once I can get a white one at a decent price.

There are rumors floating around that the PS2 is going to drop down to $99 USD.

D:

Rumour was already diminished. Can't be bothered to look it up, it's on Engadget though.
I know it was.

But I don't doubt that it'll happen here shortly anyway. Now that PS3 is starting to get games worth playing and its now semi-affordable, Sony is going to do whatever it takes to keep those PS2's a-sellin' because I'm sure they're taking a huge loss selling PS3's at $399 USD.
i just want a white one without singstar damnit
lol singstar

My question is why Singstar or a knock-off (Boogie most certainly DOES NOT count) isn't on Wii yet. lol
Roan Wrote:lol singstar

My question is why Singstar or a knock-off (Boogie most certainly DOES NOT count) isn't on Wii yet. lol

not enough opportunities for waggle
Of course.

How silly of me to forget that important aspect of Wii gaming.
I'm sick of all these crappy musical games too. I mean, I like some musical games. DDR (and ITG to a lesser extent), obviously. Ouendan (and EBA to a lesser extent), they drive me insane but they're fun and have the kind of music I'm into, DJ Max Portable (a portable Beatmania clone) is growing on me, but all the American Idol carp and other games that pose as "audition" style carp, those are just irritatingly poor.
Ichida Wrote:I'm sick of all these crappy musical games too. I mean, I like some musical games. DDR (and ITG to a lesser extent), obviously. Ouendan (and EBA to a lesser extent), they drive me insane but they're fun and have the kind of music I'm into, DJ Max Portable (a portable Beatmania clone) is growing on me, but all the American Idol carp and other games that pose as "audition" style carp, those are just irritatingly poor.

what is your opinion of guitar hero
I can't really judge Guitar Hero because I haven't seen too much of it, whereas I've actually sat down on an otherwise uneventful day and watched my sister play American Idol and its clones, just to see what they were like. But since Guitar Hero seems to specialize in the kind of music I'm not particularly into, from what I've heard from the commercials and such, I haven't really bothered to take a serious look at the game, nor do I plan to.
Ichida Wrote:I haven't really bothered to take a serious look at the game [Guitar Hero], nor do I plan to.

what the carp
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Ichida Wrote:I haven't really bothered to take a serious look at the game [Guitar Hero], nor do I plan to.

what the carp

it doesn't have any japanese music
Ohhhhhhh

I remember going to my friend's to try Guitar Hero out when he got his 360. I was able to pick it up no problem, but he was '-10 (retard)' at it at first. He's gotten better since then, though.