Wii Prejudice -- Do you have it?

Or you could just stop finding everything so funny? Were you really laughing your carp off?
Tamer Brad Wrote:Or you could just stop finding everything so funny? Were you really laughing your carp off?

[Image: lmao-real.jpg]
sam Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
sam Wrote:what?

this topic is to say why you do not like the wii as it is am i right?

thats what that list was.

it is no worse than any other post in this topic.

i never said i absolutely do not like the system, if mgs4 wasn't coming out on ps3 only i'd have one by the end of the year.

Your post, unlike those that came before it, had really nothing to back up what you were saying.

It was just a list with some very immature carp in it.

i had reasons for everthing.

they were not "immature carp".

there actually are basically no fps's on it, i really wish i didn't have to use aa's or whatever batterys it uses, i think nintendo should put more resources into new ip's instead of continuing series they have been doing for sooo many years, the price is absurd because its a gamecube with a remote why should i pay $250, the just because the wiimote is different than a controller does not mean it is better, all third party support isn't really any good, shortages are stupid its a gamecube you should not have shortages with that kind of hardware, friend codes are way to much of a hassle for such a "user friendly" console.

i don't act like an idiot on purpose, i just have a habit of using internet lingo. just replace lmao with i laughed my carp off and you should be fine.

first off there are rechargeable batteries for the wiimote. i own two. and why shouldnt nintendo continue with thier popular mascots? Metroid, Mario, Zelda, and a number of others are all great games. and also by your logic MGS4 should have never been made because its almost a 10 year old concept just like some of nintendos mascots.

and the price is not absurd at all. its reasonable. why would i want to pay $500-$1000 on a game console that im probably not going to be playing very often?

and its not a gamecube with a remote. either youve never seen a gamecube before or you've never looked at the wii because there are major differences between the two.

and no the wiimote is not better then a controller. its innovative. it opens up a number of new game possibilities, even if third party developers dont want to take advantage of this. when a game is released on multiple plateforms i doubt developers want to do the extra work needed in order to adapt the control scheme from a controller style to the wiimote, all the while forgetting the wii has controller support as well
Roan Wrote:The simple fact is, this board has a rule about grammar and post structure.

Tamer Brad Wrote:4. Try to write in proper English.

That means full sentences, without chatspeak abbreviations and usually ending with periods. Exclamation marks also count, but use them sparingly. Of course, if you are do not speak English natively, or have a disorder such as dyslexia, this will be forgiven. Please contact any Beywiki.com staff if this is the case.

Nearly every one of your posts shatters this rule into thousands of pieces.

The statement you just made was fine. You supported your thoughts. The first one was just a list with a lot of negatives and nothing to back them up.

If you'd explain your thoughts like this every time, I think people would like you more.

On the subject of us "replacing" your internet lingo -- We really shouldn't have to. Its not that much harder to type out the words. If you're too lazy to do that, you have a serious problem.

notice how it says "try".

my way of trying pisses you guys off just as much anyways. i have pretty much forgotten all of my grammer skills exept for periods, capitals and spaces at the beginning of paragraphs.

and yes i found it that funny because this community has been so pro-wii for the longest time and me and roan were arguing over if the wii is any good on bbf.

it made me laugh in my mind.

and i try to be nice in every post, i just don't really mean to come off as an carp. i have an idea in my mind, i write it, and it becomes some sort of assholery.
Fleetscut Wrote:
sam Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

i never said i absolutely do not like the system, if mgs4 wasn't coming out on ps3 only i'd have one by the end of the year.

Your post, unlike those that came before it, had really nothing to back up what you were saying.

there actually are basically no fps's on it, i really wish i didn't have to use aa's or whatever batterys it uses, i think nintendo should put more resources into new ip's instead of continuing series they have been doing for sooo many years, the price is absurd because its a gamecube with a remote why should i pay $250, the just because the wiimote is different than a controller does not mean it is better, all third party support isn't really any good, shortages are stupid its a gamecube you should not have shortages with that kind of hardware, friend codes are way to much of a hassle for such a "user friendly" console.

i don't act like an idiot on purpose, i just have a habit of using internet lingo. just replace lmao with i laughed my carp off and you should be fine.

first off there are rechargeable batteries for the wiimote. i own two. and why shouldnt nintendo continue with thier popular mascots? Metroid, Mario, Zelda, and a number of others are all great games. and also by your logic MGS4 should have never been made because its almost a 10 year old concept just like some of nintendos mascots.

and the price is not absurd at all. its reasonable. why would i want to pay $500-$1000 on a game console that im probably not going to be playing very often?

and its not a gamecube with a remote. either youve never seen a gamecube before or you've never looked at the wii because there are major differences between the two.

and no the wiimote is not better then a controller. its innovative. it opens up a number of new game possibilities, even if third party developers dont want to take advantage of this. when a game is released on multiple plateforms i doubt developers want to do the extra work needed in order to adapt the control scheme from a controller style to the wiimote, all the while forgetting the wii has controller support as well

I'm only going to address the Gamecube versus Wii here, as I have no interest in the rest of your post (typical Wii fanfare).

The Wii is essentially, a 1.2 Wii, and that is being very generous. Nintendo did not change the GPU or CPU at, besides the usual die shrinks. The Wii has more streamlined architecture, and more efficient RAM...but that's it.

How do I know this? Many developers on NeoGaf have said this many times, and Nintendo has said it themselves, albeit it stressing only the positives. Hell, the Xbox 1 has shaders...the Wii doesnt.

Do you want to know the most expensive part of the Wii? It's the slot loading drive, and it cost $70. The GPU on the otherhand, was around $15.

Thanks Nintendo.
Fleetscut Wrote:
sam Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

there are no first party nintendo recharchable battery's last time i checked, third party stuff doesn't count

mgs4 is different, it has a continuing twisting plot, unlike nintendo games which barely have any story to begin with.

i mean, nintendo don't ever release new aaa game ip's almost ever, project hammer looked cool but they canned it. i mean imagine if the team behind zelda made a new ip with all sorts of cool puzzels instead of the same old green haired mute elf who kills some pig guy.

i owned a gamecube, yes i have played on a wii many times, on a pure technical level its a gamecube that has bigger disks, shoddy online support, and waggle.

yes the wii hase controller support, but a controller doesn't come with it so they HAVE to make there game use the wiimote.
locking because dickheads wrecked it.
Artie Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:
sam Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

I'm only going to address the Gamecube versus Wii here, as I have no interest in the rest of your post (typical Wii fanfare).

The Wii is essentially, a 1.2 Wii, and that is being very generous. Nintendo did not change the GPU or CPU at, besides the usual die shrinks. The Wii has more streamlined architecture, and more efficient RAM...but that's it.

How do I know this? Many developers on NeoGaf have said this many times, and Nintendo has said it themselves, albeit it stressing only the positives. Hell, the Xbox 1 has shaders...the Wii doesnt.

Do you want to know the most expensive part of the Wii? It's the slot loading drive, and it cost $70. The GPU on the otherhand, was around $15.

Thanks Nintendo.

im not talking about hardware. nintendo never intended to compete on the hardware front. they instead decided to create support for games that were more fun then action or hardcore fan oriented
ok i unlocked it, now play nice
kthnx <3

I hate to say it, but I'm with Artie on this one.

As much as you all don't want to admit it, the Wii truly is just updated (ever so slightly) Gamecube hardware with a new exterior design, streamlined RAM and a new UI.

However, I'm not knocking it for that. The graphics on Wii really aren't that important to me. I think if all games on Wii were stylized like Mario Galaxy or Okami, the graphics would be a non-issue. Unfortunately, most developers go for a realistic look and on outdated hardware, I really don't think this is the best decision. :\
im not really mad at the hardware itself, its the fact that nintendo cannot keep up with demand yet the hardware is like over 6 years old.
sam Wrote:im not really mad at the hardware itself, its the fact that nintendo cannot keep up with demand yet the hardware is like over 6 years old.

dude, IT IS NOT THE SAME PARTS
But Fleetscut, the software isn't fun; that's the point of this thread.

Nintendo has failed on all the essential fronts for the hardcore gaming market, and well...

Now we're pissed. Eat carp and die?
Tamer Brad Wrote:
sam Wrote:im not really mad at the hardware itself, its the fact that nintendo cannot keep up with demand yet the hardware is like over 6 years old.

there equivelant to them.

compared to the difference in say the ps2 and the ps3.
Artie Wrote:But Fleetscut, the software isn't fun; that's the point of this thread.

Nintendo has failed on all the essential fronts for the hardcore gaming market, and well...

I don't totally agree with this. Some of the stuff Nintendo has put out for casual gaming is a lot of fun. Warioware, Wii Sports, etc.

They're not hardcore games in any sense of the word but I still had a lot of fun with them, mainly because they made sense being on the console and using the motion controls.

Wii Sports is totally awesome for parties because it makes sense and people can just pick up and play it because they already know how to play said sport. The control schemes aren't rocket science.

I'm saying its sad that all motion controls on Wii can't be this way. T_T
Artie Wrote:But Fleetscut, the software isn't fun; that's the point of this thread.

when they decided to willingly make a system that had no hope of keeping up with the graphics power of the ps3 and 360 i doubt the hardcore gamers were the first on thier list of consumers. instead they chose to make something that everyone could enjoy no matter their experience with games
Fleetscut Wrote:

when they decided to willingly make a system that had no hope of keeping up with the graphics power of the ps3 and 360 i doubt the hardcore gamers were the first on thier list of consumers. instead they chose to make something that everyone could enjoy no matter their experience with games

That includes hardcore gamers, and they aren't making the games for us to enjoy.

I'm not asking them to cater only to the hardcore, but compared to the Gamecube and past generations, it's unforgivable.
Fleetscut Wrote:

See, that's where you're wrong. At first Nintendo touted the Wii as the console for both casual and hardcore gamers alike. They said they'd deliver games for hardcore and casual audiences in a balanced fashion.

They haven't done this. I think hardcore gamers who bought into the Wii thinking they'd be in for some great hardcore games were tricked. Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 are great, but I'd hardly call them enough to please hardcore gamers, especially those that only own a Wii and nothing more.
Roan Wrote:

I don't totally agree with this. Some of the stuff Nintendo has put out for casual gaming is a lot of fun. Warioware, Wii Sports, etc.

They're not hardcore games in any sense of the word but I still had a lot of fun with them, mainly because they made sense being on the console and using the motion controls.

Wii Sports is totally awesome for parties because it makes sense and people can just pick up and play it because they already know how to play said sport. The control schemes aren't rocket science.

I'm saying its sad that all motion controls on Wii can't be this way. T_T

Yeah I know ALL games aren't like what I mentioned, but unfortunately a lot more are this generation than on any other previous system.
Artie Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:

That includes hardcore gamers, and they aren't making the games for us to enjoy.

I'm not asking them to cater only to the hardcore, but compared to the Gamecube and past generations, it's unforgivable.

you cant make something that appeals to everyone when your always trying to appease a certain group. if hardcore gamers dont enjoy simple things like wario ware, or wii sports/play then thats their choices. its not like they're being forced to play. but i bet if they even tried it in passing they'd agree that theres some enjoyability to them even if there isnt alot
Fleetscut Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:

you cant make something that appeals to everyone when your always trying to appease a certain group. if hardcore gamers dont enjoy simple things like wario ware, or wii sports/play then thats their choices. its not like they're being forced to play. but i bet if they even tried it in passing they'd agree that theres some enjoyability to them even if there isnt alot

You're just proving my point. You say they make games for everyone, yet this just isn't true. 90% of games are for casuals, and the other 10% are either ports of old games or a true gem (like SSBB or SMG).
Roan Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:

See, that's where you're wrong. At first Nintendo touted the Wii as the console for both casual and hardcore gamers alike. They said they'd deliver games for hardcore and casual audiences in a balanced fashion.

They haven't done this. I think hardcore gamers who bought into the Wii thinking they'd be in for some great hardcore games were tricked. Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 are great, but I'd hardly call them enough to please hardcore gamers, especially those that only own a Wii and nothing more.

what makes them "hardcore"? most people i see think a game is great because it looks so realistic and not because it has great gameplay, or good controls
Fleetscut Wrote:
Roan Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:

what makes them "hardcore"? most people i see think a game is great because it looks so realistic and not because it has great gameplay, or good controls

Gamers who go on websites, read blogs, know of or own other consoles...

Strange that gamers with multi-consoles are the only ones seeing the Wii problem Uncertain
Artie Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:
Artie Wrote:
Fleetscut Wrote:

You're just proving my point. You say they make games for everyone, yet this just isn't true. 90% of games are for casuals, and the other 10% are either ports of old games or a true gem (like SSBB or SMG).

if you noticed more people buying the "casuals" would you not, as a company, decide to make more?
sam Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:

there equivelant to them.

compared to the difference in say the ps2 and the ps3.

yes, but they're not cracking gamecubes open and swapping the parts, they still have to be custom made, so what you said makes no sense at all

also i need to install a nested quote limit