Why doesn't the 2v2 format exist?

Title kinda states it all. Sure, this may have a few problems like not finding partner etc. But, it does seem like a pretty fun format. Forget about the meta, but pulling off a crazy team work knockout or burst or making combos which greatly compliment each other sounds fun, right? Can it also undergo an experimental phase like burst classic?
I think its because Beyblades can be really random, and Im not saying its a luck type of thing

What if my Beyblade hits my friend’s Beyblade, and ends up defeating it? Or vice versa? I think its awkward to get busted by your teammate, despite very well knowing that we are supposed to defeat our opponent
(Jun. 25, 2019  5:47 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: I think its because Beyblades can be really random, and Im not saying its a luck type of thing

What if my Beyblade hits my friend’s Beyblade, and ends up defeating it? Or vice versa? I think its awkward to get busted by your teammate, despite very well knowing that we are supposed to defeat our opponent

I agree with you. The odds of something like that happening are very high.

A 2v2 format sounds fun, but it probably won’t work.
But, that is part of the fun even though it doesn't sound so. Imagine it as friendly fire in shooting video games. It is disadvantageous, but it creates a new aspect that you have to play around.
(Jun. 25, 2019  6:53 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: But, that is part of the fun even though it doesn't sound so. Imagine it as friendly fire in shooting video games. It is disadvantageous, but it creates a new aspect that you have to play around.

You are wanting it to be a format, so Im guessing its probably going to be added into competitive. Why join a tournament where the ref goes “Redo! The teammate bursted/defeated/etc his teammates’ Bey! That is unfair!” every single round? Its kinda time-wasting if you think about it

And adding on, even if the ref allows the round to go on, itll be pretty silly if the remaining teammate suffers from a 1v2. And of course, itll be a treat and a challenge but theres a lot of flaws in this format
(Jun. 25, 2019  6:53 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: But, that is part of the fun even though it doesn't sound so. Imagine it as friendly fire in shooting video games. It is disadvantageous, but it creates a new aspect that you have to play around.

(Jun. 25, 2019  7:22 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:

You are wanting it to be a format, so Im guessing its probably going to be added into competitive. Why join a tournament where the ref goes “Redo! The teammate bursted/defeated/etc his teammates’ Bey! That is unfair!” every single round? Its kinda time-wasting if you think about it

And adding on, even if the ref allows the round to go on, itll be pretty silly if the remaining teammate suffers from a 1v2. And of course, itll be a treat and a challenge but theres a lot of flaws in this format

I see what you are telling, but that won't happen if the participants are educated well on the rules. Also, I don't think there should be a rematch for self KO-s or burst.
There can be strategies like Opposite spin, center based and stallers, that can let this format exist. A new point system, and last one surviving system is what it takes
(Jun. 26, 2019  11:28 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: There can be strategies like Opposite spin, center based and stallers, that can let this format exist. A new point system, and last one surviving system is what it takes

Exactly!
I thought of some similar strategies as well. Having a a heavy combo take the center and have a tornado staller outspin the opponents after they are destabilized. Or, some anime-like left and right spin attackers bouncing off each other and going straight for the kill (this is just a wild anime kinda idea, don't take it serious).
I think that, since my meta is dominated by Stamina Types, it won't work because the beys will defeat their teammate. But then again what Adarsh Abhinav said. We can have different beys played at once if they are different types. Or all beys have quest but that would make it boring. They would just stick there and they will slowly lose spin. I personally think there should be a 2v2 format. I agree
I think that the only way this format could happen is if a bigger Stadium is used. The only two official big Stadiums are kind of awkward to play on. The BeyStadium Wide Type isn’t circular and is very bouncy, meaning that some combinations don’t move the way they should move. The new big Stadium actually doesn’t have a Tornado Ridge, so some combos will just go out of the Stadium too quickly.
It’s an idea, but if you can’t even control where the digital control Beyblades go, how do you not kill your teammate
Have you guys heard of “Free Play”?
(Jun. 27, 2019  8:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Have you guys heard of “Free Play”?

Well yes, but actually no. I mean, I have heard of it, but don't actually know what it means. I assumed so far that it refers to unofficial (as in, not following the usual rules) or free for all kinda stuff. What is though?
(Jun. 28, 2019  2:12 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Jun. 27, 2019  8:42 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Have you guys heard of “Free Play”?

Well yes, but actually no. I mean, I have heard of it, but don't actually know what it means. I assumed so far that it refers to unofficial (as in, not following the usual rules) or free for all kinda stuff. What is though?
So in a tournament it goes on for the whole tournament and it’s all of the battles that aren’t recorded on challonge, that’s free play. So in free play you can do any sort of battle, 1v1, 2v2, 1v2, selfVSself, you get the idea. Hope this helped Smile.
(Jun. 28, 2019  2:19 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: So in a tournament it goes on for the whole tournament and it’s all of the battles that aren’t recorded on challonge, that’s free play. So in free play you can do any sort of battle, 1v1, 2v2, 1v2, selfVSself, you get the idea. Hope this helped Smile.
I wasn't exactly wrong then xD. But anyway, why did you ask this : 'Have you guys heard of “Free Play”?'
The standard TT stadiums can really only fit two or three people and will get damaged if 4 beys are battling
(Jun. 28, 2019  4:21 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: The standard TT stadiums can really only fit two or three people and will get damaged if 4 beys are battling
Isn't there a single freaking stadium that is is just outright flatly a bigger standard stadium? Or, is there at least a fairly big and plain (not being elevated in the center or something) Hasbro stadium (how big is snake pit set stadium)?
(Jun. 28, 2019  4:34 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2019  4:21 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: The standard TT stadiums can really only fit two or three people and will get damaged if 4 beys are battling
Isn't there a single freaking stadium that is is just outright flatly a bigger standard stadium? Or, is there at least a fairly big and plain (not being elevated in the center or something) Hasbro stadium (how big is snake pit set stadium)?

There are, but many people don’t have them and they are VERY expensive
(Jun. 28, 2019  4:36 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: There are, but many people don’t have them and they are VERY expensive
I was talking about the affordable options actually. So, the answer for my previous question is a no?

Can old MFB stadiums be used (with plastic guards) without issues (talking about safety, durability and other stuff)?
(Jun. 28, 2019  4:39 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2019  4:36 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: There are, but many people don’t have them and they are VERY expensive
I was talking about the affordable options actually. So, the answer for my previous question is a no?

Can old MFB stadiums be used (with plastic guards) without issues (talking about safety, durability and other stuff)?
Only a BB10 and that wouldn’t be any different

And Hasbro stadiums can’t be used
You can get the Takara-Tomymall limited edition big beystadium but you’ll be spending around $120-$150
I just bought one a couple of days ago, that stadium is fo sho big enough for 2vs2 battles.

Just let the 2vs2 format be available whenever that stadium is available.
2v2 (or 1v1v1v1) can be pretty fun. I've done it several times at unofficial events in Japan before using the MFB Wide Square Stadium with Burst. Maybe that new Big BeyStadium they released would work even better now.

It's not going to be added for ranked events, but I could see us adding something like this for unranked in the future.
(Jun. 29, 2019  12:14 AM)Kei Wrote: 2v2 (or 1v1v1v1) can be pretty fun. I've done it several times at unofficial events in Japan before using the MFB Wide Square Stadium with Burst. Maybe that new Big BeyStadium they released would work even better now.

It's not going to be added for ranked events, but I could see us adding something like this for unranked in the future.

I wish bigger stadiums were more common and affordable.....But, anyways, thanks for the response!
Smile
I have two ideas that change up the execution while keeping the 2v2 concept.

1) The battle happens in two separate Stadiums at the same time. At the beginning of the battle, the pairs don’t se their opponent’s Beys and then choose which stadium they want in secret. The Bladers turn around and battle. Any points scored by the players will add to the team total, regardless of which team won. The battles happen side by side at the same time, so the team that reaches 7 points first wins. If it’s a tie, the teams get to choose one representative for a tiebreaker. This could work for Deck Format with each player having 3 Beys and going to 9 points.

2) Only one battle at a time, and it works like a Deck Format battle in a way. Both players on each team have one Bey, and both teams need to choose their first player in secret. The losing team gets to choose whether or not they want a rematch, and switching works like Deck Format. The players can exchange Disks, Frames, or Drivers once per match, but never Layers. Deck Format will have both players on each side choose 2 Beys, and they get to switch Disks, Frames, or Drivers twice per match. The order of rematching in Deck Format is deciding whether they want to switch Beys first and then whether they want to switch players.

For both ideas, no parts can be repeated across any Beys in both teams, with 1 minute to choose for every Bey involved.

I’m also thinking of combining the 2 battles at a time aspect with the parts switching aspect, which might be the most interesting version, as well as having 2 Beys per person for the Deck Format version.