Why do you like beyblade?

lets not forget how fun it was to see them battle each other
Yeah I always liked strategy games with customizing collecting options. With Skill and Luck.
And I am really grateful I found the perfect mix : Beyblade
because i was impressed by the anime.
btw i got my first 2 blades way before the anime launched in my country, so i had them before they became all that popular here. and that was because i went to France in a vacation and watched the anime there. also there was this place in the mall where there was maybe 10 tables with stadiums full of blades Smile i tried them there and bought mine and then came to my country. and forgot about them, after a couple of months the anime launched in my country and i went to them again. then forgot them. then heard of MFB and bought my first 2 MFB then joined the site. and i also btw lost interest in my MFB for a while and got back into it a while back... thanks to the addictive site Tongue_out
It's fun, collecting, the depth of the game to the unseen eye; it's not just luck! Also, this community has kept my beyheart aflame. If it wasn't for this forum I would have been on another 'break'.
truely i do not like beyblade any more i just come on here to talk
I love beyblading for the fact that their is a good balance of skill and luck. Although I am more skilled and knowledgeable my dad can still beat me, as he has good accuracy with the combos I give him. And the community feeling on this site. We all (well the 15 or so that come online everyday.) discuss things in depth, something I have hardly ever been able to do in real life.
This would have made an amazing face contest.
I don't actually know being completely honest... I think it's just a link back to my childhood, combined with an interest I used to have in anime. I got in to it based off the craze, and I enjoyed it, so it just kept going, and has yet to stop I guess.
I think I like them because they have a strategy behind them, you can get the beyblade in so many different ways and there are some many of them with different parts.

Also, they are just to cool for words. Cool
Serious post. I'm sure I've written all this before at some point but I'm hella bored so..... :X

1. Beyblades were a part of my childhood so they have the nostalgia factor. I used to blade with school friends, my neighbours, church mates, even parents sometimes. We'd blade on the tables at school, on the floor, in the streets, in stadiums, in make-shift stadiums, everywhere. I could walk down the street and confront a random kid - chances are they had a beyblade and would be willing to battle. Smile

2. Oh-so-collectable. I've always been bad when it comes to collecting. I have to have everything and know every little detail about each thing. I think it's partly because I just have that collector gene and partly because my school was always big on crazes - if you didn't have at least a few of whatever the latest craze was then you were ignored. So yeah, I love the fact that there are so many different beyblades to get and with recolours and such, well, the possibilities are endless. I love it. Grin And regarding knowing everything, I know I have a ways to go with beyblades but I'm getting there. I'm probably one of the few people that geniunely get's great pleasure from reading a beywiki article. XD

3. As well as the toys there was the anime. I adored the anime. I loved the characters. I used to record it on a VHS every week. XD The reception was awful and sometimes I had to hold the ariel above my head for the full half hour to get half a picture but I still did it religiously. XD Plus, through the beyblade show I discovered skating, the internet, anime, and, uh, yaoi. ^^;

4. Even if it's clichéd and overplayed I love how the anime was so big on teamwork and friendship and stuff. True, a lot of the kids around my area weren't exactly nice and didn't always use beyblades for good but there was still a lot of friendships built around it too. Even with the kids that I didn't like, when we were battling together we were laughing and shouting together. We were still practically trying to destroy each other but it was nice to enjoy beyblades together. Plus the battles were really intense then. Grin

5. I'm not exactly sure what to call this one but beyblade just has a way of not letting go. Even when I stopped blading because my friends stopped and when I moved school I even stopped watching the anime, beyblade never really left me. Occasionally I'd find myself singing a part of the OST or staring at the box of beyblades in my room and sometimes even playing with them a little. Somehow beyblade has always kept a hold over me. ^^;

6. They spin. They're shiny. Some are transparent. They're colourful. You can take them apart and put them together again. Some even have gimmicks. All of these appeal to my obsessive side. It's like TT based beyblade purely on all of my little obsessions. XD

7. And then of course there's the WBO. Wink Sure I always liked beyblades before I found myself here but this place is awesome. XD I don't think I've ever found a community where I can hardly tear myself away even when I actually need to *most likely failing school now*. I was suprised at the type of people here at first. I was expecting younger people with a few old nerds, all ugly/too skinny/too fat, etc, etc. But the majority of the people here are around the same kinda age, intelligent, lovely, and actually kinda good looking. Wink I think I've changed quite a bit since I've been here actually.....but for the better. Smile

Mm, I feel better now. Long posts ftw. Joyful_3
i like them because i know this gonna sound corny but it is like i connected with them it is like i bladed so much i knew when it was going to run out of power or gain power or if it was a bad launch i remember when my first real beyblade was dragoon galaxy (even though i am a dranzer fan) i was bladin in my bed were my dad was sleeping and he said it better not hit the lamp but it was comin at it with full force then inn my mind i said turn and it did that was when i knew i loved beyblades and i wanted to figure out how to use them like an expert........... now my goal is to combine metal fight with hard metal beyblades to create the ultimate beyblade.
MFB and HMS are not compatible with each other.
i like beyblades because they are fun to play
I got into beyblades way back (but i was a kid so i cant remember much) then i stopped for like 5 years and i got this idea of watching old animes so when i was watch the anime i decided to start playing again.
i love beyblade because its something i can get good at, practising better launches, and strategies, i just love the whole idea.
I just wished we had the same concept for bitbeasts in real life too. Uncertain It would be my very best friend.
I....am HasTak's b****. And I love the smell of plastic and die-cast metal fresh out of a box...Buuut....Transformers is my true toy-love...

Plus I was the first person around me to start buying Beyblades so very long ago....

Still love my robots more though.
I actually started Beyblade on a bet with my brother, after we came across them at a Target. We had seen the anime and thought it was pretty cool so we started. From there I immediately fell in love with it. I soon started to get my friends into it and pretty soon, I gave birth to a whole new circuit of beyblade with my blades, each one of us specializing in a certain type of blade. I love it because it helped me make friends in both a friendly and a competitve way after we started tournaments. It also helped me to get closer with my family members that also played along with me.
GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF SPINNING!

Edit: Nah actualy Anubis got me into it and I got addicted by the customization as well as solving problems with said combos, such as building a blade that can beat a specific type...

Though libra has taken alot of challange out of that task ._.
because my friend likes arts and crafts.. therefore its like arts and crafts lol
The reason I like beyblade the hobby itself is probably because I'm a strategy game maniac. I'm obsessed with games like chess, clue, risk, Othello, etc. Video games are great to me too, but mostly just the strategy ones I love the most.

In Beyblade it's always trial and error. Just because an AR or Wheel looks to have good potential, we never know how well it performs until we get a chance to play around with it. Over the last 2 years of working at BeyUK and being here, I've learned much from much more experienced bladers like Brad and others...I've learned new ways to win in a game that is just so carp fun. Another reason I love this sport is because it enables tons of people to come together and meet each other. I adore any positive social aspect of a hobby, and with the sharp minds of those who have worked to make beyblade fun to everyone, I've been inspired to keep on coming back to WBO and BeyUK and love the hobby.

Any ways I've babbled to much. Beyblading is about learning, meeting new people, and most of all having fun. Who wouldn't want to participate?
Well, I'm not a fan of the actual game but I am in love with the Anime. It's just so addictive and you can't stop leaving the telly. When you watch the Anime you keep watching it and it never gets boring.
The reason I like Beyblade nowadays is because they look cool, and also with stuff like sliding shoot, banking and customizations. I mostly loved plastic blades, but as i was about to quit i remembered now and i saw beyblades that were Hard Metal System. I just like HMS because it is made out of metal, which i prefer from plastic becaus metal is a cool material. Adding cool metal, Customizing and stratergies together combined makes me like it.
But i still love plastic, metal only because it's an awesome material!
Because ı learned a lot of think in beyblade
(May. 29, 2009  2:44 PM)KidTala - KT Wrote: Well, I'm not a fan of the actual game but I am in love with the Anime. It's just so addictive and you can't stop leaving the telly. When you watch the Anime you keep watching it and it never gets boring.

i think most of us feel the exact opposite way
I don't think the anime would have kept me interested at all. After watching it once, I don;t think I would have watched it again, had I not thought of the game itself.

My favourite time as a blader was when everyone was into it, and me and my mates would blade all the time. When everyone stopped, I still went back to playing the game. I would never have gotten rid of my blades, even if the anime hadn't returned. It is an awesome game.
The game has so much depth to it despite just being plastic tops. Its simple and yet we make it so complex....