Why did you get into Beyblade?

(Mar. 18, 2021  11:11 PM)SeaBASS90 Wrote:
(Mar. 13, 2021  6:35 PM)dragonmaster2 Wrote: I originally had like one or two metal beys I was like six or seven then when the beyblade burst series aired I saw the episodes and got into beyblade and since then I have been getting even more beys

I always like when someone tells a story about how they got into beyblade around the MFB times

That’s literally half of us.
I got into Beyblade about 8 years ago, back when metal saga was the jam.

Okay well, not really. I'm not so into Beyblade when Metal Saga was still a thing. I was only four at that time, I literally understand nothing about the show. But I enjoyed it anyway, because the local Indonesian dub is premiered almost daily on my local TV station, and I loved it! I remember also watching Digimon and got REALLY into it when I was 4.

Well, my cousins and I often watched it, but I don't remember actually getting a Metal Bey. Though I think I remember playing with it? I think it's Pegasus or Leone and it was borrowed. My parents never really let me get a Bey even until now lmao.

That's pretty much how I knew Beyblade...But there's more to it!

A year ago, My little brother watched the local IND dub for Burst which was uploaded on the IND Beyblade Youtube channel, and I began sneak-watching a little. I thought "Hey that looks fun" And long story short, I began watching it too. Voila, It leads to a terrible brainrot.

I lost interest in getting Beys a while ago, but after seeing that there are dragon Beys in Burst, they reminded me of L-Drago (esp Longinus and Lui!) so I'm planning to get a Longinus sometime later.

That's pretty much it? I'm glad I got introduced to Beyblades!
(Jan. 23, 2021  1:06 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: I got into it for a really funny way.
I had always been interested in spinning tops, Beyblade included, for a funny reason I actually never had one of my own.
So 2019 Christmas I got a Revive Phoenix and my bro got a Bloody Longinus and Geist Fafnir. So yeah, I played with them a while, then STOPPED.
Weird Right?
So I was on Netflix in February, I was watching the Beyblade burst and evolution seasons, somehow, STILLL NOT INTERESTED IN BEYBLADE.
Then I saw my friends pfp, it was a Wizard Fafnir! I got interested and started chatting with him, etc. Etc. Now I'm in beyblade!

Glad your bro didn't get Dead Hades
i started beyblade because one of my cousins had beyblades and i just slowly fell in love with it but then i stopped for like 5 years then i started watching the show and got back into it
the question on this topic reminded me of my first victory with my Storm Spryzen. I liked it so much that I wanted to continue because it was fun. Now I use a World Spriggan and just look for strong opponents but now i remember how fun Beyblade is.
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:12 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote: the question on this topic reminded me of my first victory with my Storm Spryzen. I liked it so much that I wanted to continue because it was fun. Now I use a World Spriggan and just look for strong opponents but now i remember how fun Beyblade is.

no offence but you sound like you could be a character on the anime
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:13 PM)SSJBDoku Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:12 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote: a pergunta sobre este tópico me lembrou de minha primeira vitória com meu Storm Spryzen. Gostei tanto que quis continuar porque era divertido. Agora eu uso um Spriggan Mundial e procuro apenas oponentes fortes, mas agora me lembro como o Beyblade é divertido.

sem ofensa, mas parece que você poderia ser um personagem no anime

NDon't worry I know you didn't mean to offend
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:18 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:13 PM)SSJBDoku Wrote: sem ofensa, mas parece que você poderia ser um personagem no anime

NDon't worry I know you didn't mean to offend

Alright that's good plus it would rock to be a character in the anime
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:19 PM)SSJBDoku Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:18 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote: Não se preocupe, eu sei que você não quis ofender

Tudo bem, isso é bom e seria demais ser um personagem do anime

Probably yes 😂
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:21 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:19 PM)SSJBDoku Wrote: Tudo bem, isso é bom e seria demais ser um personagem do anime

Probably yes 😂

well you could make your own moves and your own bey and become unstoppable
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:23 PM)SSJBDoku Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:21 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote: Provavelmente sim 😂

bem, você poderia fazer seus próprios movimentos e seu próprio bey e se tornar imparável

Truth
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:23 PM)Edjelson Semedo Wrote:
(Mar. 21, 2021  2:23 PM)SSJBDoku Wrote: bem, você poderia fazer seus próprios movimentos e seu próprio bey e se tornar imparável

Truth
i always talk the truth man
I’d like to say that I had some “super exciting” discovery or something along those lines, but I really didn’t.

It happened about 10+ years ago somewhere around 2009-2010 back when metal fusion had just began airing. On some random morning, I turned on Teletoon and metal fusion was running at the time. I sat through an episode (it was one of those episodes with the Tetsuya guy... ya know, the crab guy). I guess I enjoyed watching the battles because the next time we were at Walmart, I asked my mom to buy me some beyblades. I know for certain that one of them was Storm Pegasus and I believe the other one was Rock Leone.
Started with an episode of Metal Fusion. Don't remember which one it was, it was some time ago. I watched Metal Fusion to Zero G. I wish I could say I remember what was happening around at time but all I really remember was it was a metal fusion episode lol.
(Mar. 21, 2021  10:22 PM)Admiral W Wrote: Started with an episode of Metal Fusion. Don't remember which one it was, it was some time ago. I watched Metal Fusion to Fusion. I wish I could say I remember what was happening around at time but all I really remember was it was a metal fusion episode lol.

Lol, that's funny.
REVIVAL OF THIS THREAD bumpity bumpity bumpity
(Aug. 05, 2021  3:02 AM)SeaBASS90 Wrote: REVIVAL OF THIS THREAD bumpity bumpity bumpity

Please don't bump/try to revive threads like this. If they die out, it's probably because interest has waned or most people have already said what they wanted to. Bumping is only really a thing in the buy/sell/trade threads honestly, though they have a limit for how often you can do that.

Still, while I'm here, I might as well say something a little more on topic.

I mostly got into Beyblade because my brother and I saw some near the front of the local toy store one day. It's not a flashy origin, I know, but everyone has to start somewhere. I think our parents offered to buy a stadium for us when we realized we couldn't afford both the tops and the stadium. My immediate favorite at the time was Draciel Shield with its big bulky base, though even as a kid I could tell its attack ring was terrible. Sadly the stadium has long since been demolished by two hyper kids, but we had a lot of fun with them, got a few HMS beys when those came out, and then got distracted by the next big fad and moved on, battling from time to time but nowhere near as often as we used to. With the inability to get more and having lost some of our more valuable ones to a scammer from school, the passion died out to the next shiny thing.

I came back around to the game when I saw MFB in the local Target, just walking through he toy department to get to electronics with my mother, and decided it was worth picking up and trying again since the set I saw already had a stadium in it. I was surprised to see weight disks being used like attack rings, but the idea seemed a good one at the time. The collection grew and grew again, though I left my brother behind and the fascination became a more personal passion instead of one shared among brothers, leaving me with only myself in competition. My parents finally deemed me old enough to get on the internet from time to time where I'd do a bit of research, learned the Sliding Shoot (as a kid I assumed rubber flats sucked because they just died so fast. I was surprised when Storm Pegasus knocked Lightning L-Drago out of the stadium in a single hit and revised that opinion as I learned to control it better), but I was still stuck with Hasbro's stuff and never really communicated with other bladers yet. I was a one-man battler, alone but undeterred, growing stronger as I started to look at the sport more through the eyes of a physicist over the sheer excitement of a kid that drove me before. My passion became a grand experiment, and so it was for many a year.

Once Zero-G died so prematurely, I thought Beyblade was just gone. Nothing seemed to be on the horizon, and I had no real time or method to check to see if it ever got revived, and though I still enjoyed battling there were times where I'd grow frustrated from boring stamina v stamina battles when two Earths clashed against one another. I got a job working for Amazon and moved Beyblading to a sometimes thing on the weekend, until eventually I opened up a box at work and found a small army of Kerbeus Central Defense. I did a double take. Beyblade was still alive, and it had a new form? I took to the internet again once my shift ended, started ordering off of Amazon, and my collection grew a few tops at a time as I shoveled some of my cash back to my employer, fascinated by these wildly different shapes and their bursting nature. I found the WBO in my early research into Burst, though I didn't make an account right away and just used it as a way to keep up to date with upcoming releases until late 2017 until eventually mustering up the strength to post here and join the community itself.

It's been such a long time since this road began, though I'm still one of those who can claim to come from the very beginning. Once I was just a child with dreams of battling tops, and now I'm here: an official WBO Organizer, knowledgeable in most aspects of the game, the victor of both a ranked and an unranked Burst Standard tournament, and boasting a collection that would make most people here jealous...

...and my ending has not yet been written.
I saw a few videos of beyblade action. I saw the anime. And then I decided that I wanted my first Beyblade. Ezcalibur or Excius (I forgot). Then I was more happy about it and decided to buy more. I have five Beyblades. I got into it because I wanted to have a hobby that made me happy. And I have it because it meant something to me. So yeah!
(Aug. 09, 2021  1:15 AM)rocket_gum00 Wrote: I saw a few videos of beyblade action. I saw the anime. And then I decided that I wanted my first Beyblade. Ezcalibur or Excius (I forgot). Then I was more happy about it and decided to buy more. I have five Beyblades. I got into it because I wanted to have a hobby that made me happy. And I have it because it meant something to me. So yeah!

Cool, might be a simple story, but don't judge things on how complicated they are. Overall very interesting
It all started on a Tuesday/Wednesday afternoon, when me and my friends were at school. As we were eating lunch, one of my friends said: "Hey guys, wanna see something cool?" And then, 9 year old me said: "Sure! What is it?" Then, what he pulled out of his pocket changed my life forever. What he pulled out of his pocket... was a beyblade! Then, I marveled at the beyblade for minutes to come. Then, he spun it with he hand, with it going on the floor. I was so amazed! Then, something in my mind snapped. It was like: "Wow, these spinny tops aren't so bad! I should get one!"

Then, began my conquest to become the best.
I found out about the burst mechanic a few months ago and then bought a few beys. The burst mechanic was what really got me into the game. And the designs of the new beys are awesome as well. I got my small friend group into it and now we play together. We are going to our second tournament soon. The anime is also a big reason i like the game.
(Aug. 09, 2021  8:36 AM)Zektor Wrote: I found out about the burst mechanic a few months ago and then bought a few beys. The burst mechanic was what really got me into the game. And the designs of the new beys are awesome as well. I got my small friend group into it and now we play together. We are going to our second tournament soon. The anime is also a big reason i like the game.

Unhappy i wish i had rivals to play with, but my brothers think they're just boring spinning tops and never play with me
(Aug. 09, 2021  3:44 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2021  8:36 AM)Zektor Wrote: I found out about the burst mechanic a few months ago and then bought a few beys. The burst mechanic was what really got me into the game. And the designs of the new beys are awesome as well. I got my small friend group into it and now we play together. We are going to our second tournament soon. The anime is also a big reason i like the game.

Unhappy i wish i had rivals to play with, but my brothers think they're just boring spinning tops and never play with me
You should show them the anime if they havent seen it. Or you could use a little reverse psychology lol jk
When I was you her I wasn’t allowed to buy beyblades as a kid. But recently I watched a tiktok about different types of beyblades, watching them battle sparked something inside me. So now I have sunk a large portion of my adult money into these awesome spinning battle tops
(Aug. 09, 2021  3:59 PM)toastdkiwi Wrote: When I was you her I wasn’t allowed to buy beyblades as a kid.  But recently I watched a tiktok about different types of beyblades, watching them battle sparked something inside me. So now I have sunk a large portion of my adult money into these awesome spinning battle tops

hmmmm interesting