Why did you get into Beyblade?

One word- Netflix

When I was seven I watched beyblade burst on Netflix and fell in love
(Aug. 09, 2021  4:01 PM)GenesisBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2021  3:59 PM)toastdkiwi Wrote: When I was you her I wasn’t allowed to buy beyblades as a kid.  But recently I watched a tiktok about different types of beyblades, watching them battle sparked something inside me. So now I have sunk a large portion of my adult money into these awesome spinning battle tops

hmmmm interesting

When I was young* lol not whatever that said
It used to play on teletoon( Canadian channel) in 2002, It was one of the first anime i'v ever seen . The characters, the game, the championships it really got me hooked pretty quickly
In 2010 I was in middle school and went to the gym before school started and there was a big group of kids huddled up. I approached and it was 2 kids beyblading and i instantly was hooked. That day i mowed the lawn then went to walmart to get my first beyblade storm aquario
Valt got me into it. Just like Aiger and dante.
i joined Beyblade because it was just fun when i realized i wanted to be stronger than my friends and most of my school in the end i stayed because i feel like a winner when i play beyblade i feel relaxed a place where others admire and support me to win any battle.
I thought the anime was cool back in the plastic gen era with Driger as my first bey. But it wasn't until my little brother got into it almost 20 years later that I fell in love with it again. Mainly because I wanted to wipe his smug smile off of his face. (as a loving brother of course)
I think it’s been a hot minute since I posted in a thread like this LOL

It started in late 2011, unfortunately that memory is literally fading, but I remember my brother bringing over some Beys from ToysRus, it was the double pack for Eagle and Virgo. He didn’t really care for them but I was lowkey like oh??? And from there, I got obsessed. So I picked up the handbook for it. And at one point, I refused to like Beyblade too.

My first bey was Flame Byxis.

There went 7+ years of my love going by, I retired in 2017 and now I’m back. Beyblade love never dies tbh 😂
I started watching the anime around the MFB era but didn't get really into the game until Burst came around, more specifically it was during the God season and thats what jumpstarted my Beyblade career. On a sidenote, i'm so glad i got to witness the release of beys like Nightmare Longinus and Spriggan Requiem
I got into Beyblade when I was watching the metal fight and the original
i got into beyblade by seeing the plastic gen beyblade (all episodes!) disc at the library (remember, this was long after the anime aired). Because of the name, and the shot of tyson holding a ripcord, i thought it was some swordfighting anime lol.
(Jan. 09, 2022  7:17 PM)DragoonGalaxy15 Wrote: i got into beyblade by seeing the plastic gen beyblade (all episodes!) disc at the library (remember, this was long after the anime aired). Because of the name, and the shot of tyson holding a ripcord, i thought it was some swordfighting anime lol.

Bloody hell, lucky you!
I found a live stream on tik tok and thought it was interesting. Then I started watching burst turbo on Netflix and doing research online and there you have it. Just got my first bey yesterday at target.
Quick revive. I didn't see any topics on this in the top hundo of the thread list (although please do forgive me if I'm just blind).
i dunno i saw some kids blading and i decided i wanted to do that too
I started playing Beyblade because it made me happy. I tried a whole bunch of other sports, and it just didn't click. Beyblade is the only thing I feel like I can call mine.
watched MFB as a kid, my only MFB beys I still have are Gravity Destroyer (stock) and a Scythe Kronos D125WB
How i got into Beyblade is a really foggy thing to remember ngl.

How I remember it, is that in one of my family's annual visits to California, back when i was 6 years old, where we used to stay at one of the extra houses that my cousin's family had, I saw a Beyblade movie or series episode that kind of looked like metal fight.

It looked really interesting, so I guess back during the pandemic, I thought that my little bro's world should get less dark and dreary, so we started watching Metal fight episodes on Amazon (back when they were on Prime), and got SUPER into it, and then found out about Burst, where we watched all of the episodes this year on 'Daily Motion'.(Also found DB series on 'Bilibili' being put there by a guy called ZairoHadrielGalang)

We also got a bit of TT Beyblades, and we are super excited to try and be in a Beyblade tournament soon, but nowhere in the area we live in seems to have any.

But yeah, that's my story.
I started watching Beyblade when I was just a little kid.
Me and my siblings used to watch the MFB gen. but once the Burst gen came out, my siblings stopped watching Beyblade 'cause they were all busy with their studies.
So now I'm the only one in my family who watches Beyblade.
*We still have a bunch of MFB beyblades that we used to play with Joyful_2
I was really into metal fight right when it came out in America as a kid. Unfortunately no one around me was into it and even looked down on them so it was just my own hobby that I had by myself Uncertain Naturally, I grew out of if by the time I was like 13-14.

Flash forward 5 years and when I come home from my first year of college, all of a sudden my nephew was playing with Hasbro turbo beyblades and was basically asking for me to school him on how it was done 😂.

Just by looking at them, I could tell hasbro never left it’s old ways of slaughtering real beyblades. When I revisited the world of Takara Tomy and realized GT was just beginning, I never looked back and I will always remember that summer. Now I actually have the means to compete and feel right back in my natural element 😌.

Never let anyone tell you jack about beyblades, stick to what you love. This world is awesome 🔥.

(Dec. 20, 2021  11:46 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: I think it’s been a hot minute since I posted in a thread like this LOL

It started in late 2011, unfortunately that memory is literally fading, but I remember my brother bringing over some Beys from ToysRus, it was the double pack for Eagle and Virgo. He didn’t really care for them but I was lowkey like oh??? And from there, I got obsessed. So I picked up the handbook for it. And at one point, I refused to like Beyblade too.

My first bey was Flame Byxis.

There went 7+ years of my love going by, I retired in 2017 and now I’m back. Beyblade love never dies tbh 😂

Nope. Never dies 🙌😂
I got into Beyblades around late 2010 via my cousins who bought me a Counter Leone (my first Beyblade) for my birthday and from then on, I was somewhat hooked.
At 27ish years old (dont remember what year) I was hosting a new years party and just an hour before the event my father dropped off a box of old toys. We pushed it off to the side of the table and continued planning our event.

Later during the party we had just finished some party games and someone saw the box and brought it up on the table to see what kinds of toys I had kept. Right on top were some of my classic plastic gen beyblades from when I was 10 or 12. We pulled them out, found a dish we could fight them in and had a blast. At 1 AM we noticed we had missed new years, but our beyblade tournament was still going strong.

A couple of the old parts cracked and fractured during this, so I looked up if you could still get beyblades. Much to my excitement Beyblade Burst was out and only 1-2 years old. I was stoked and went to the store picking up some of the single layers. Now I've spent like $3000+ on this hobby and am going strong!
Initially? I was thirteen and I thought the show was cool.

Twenty years later? I was out for errands, my kids wanted toys, and for less than $20 I was able to walk out of Target without the very audible protest of two four year old boys. Incidentally, I though they were kind of neat, and the rest is history.
My mom got me them for Christmas. That was a boring story I guess

I mean my story was boring