Why are they called “Beys”

Ok, you guys might hate me for this but hear me out. Doesn’t anybody cringe when they or somebody calls a Beyblade a “BEY”.
I mean Would Blade sound better, or maybe the orignal word for Beyblade called “Beigoma” because in real life a BAE is like a girlfriend, Andy when somebody calls a beybalde a bey. It’s weird, just something i wanted to know lolSmile
well I think I know the answer to your question. you now how people love to make words smaller so when some one made the word BEYBLADE smaller it became BEY so there your answer
^^^^^^^^^^^
In the Plastic Generation they called them "blade"
The beyblades aren’t plastic, they are made of a metal alloy
The beyblade, They are modified form Beigoma The original spinning top from Japan, in short they are called Bey
(Nov. 24, 2018  7:37 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Ok, you guys might hate me for this but hear me out. Doesn’t anybody cringe when they or somebody calls a Beyblade a “BEY”.
I mean Would Blade sound better, or maybe the orignal word for Beyblade called “Beigoma” because in real life a BAE is like a girlfriend, Andy when somebody calls a beybalde a bey. It’s weird, just something i wanted to know lolSmile

No, I don't cringe. I don't even think of that slangy word. Or a bay or keeping things at bay. I might think of the word "bey" that was used as a title for rulers, but that's about it.

English and Japanese both have a ton of homophones. (Do you want presence or presents for your birthday?)

The Japanese call it a "bei" as a short way of saying "beigoma". The Japanese like shortening words. "bae" is just new (and no-big-deal) English slang that they don't know or don't care about. For the original/plastic series in English, as already mentioned, they used "blade" probably because they thought it sounded better. But "bey" doesn't sound like I'm talking about carrying a weapon either, though maybe they just thought to stick with the Japanese word this time.
It sounds wierd, but calling it a "Blade," it's weirder, especially since they have blades on their beyblades, so calling it a Bey is more logical.