Why Should Zestu Beys should be there own separate tournaments

(Apr. 28, 2018  8:20 PM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2018  3:57 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: And I have to agree with that.

Open question to everyone: Did you feel the same when God Layers were released and dominated the Single and Dual Layer formats? God Layer System destroys those so much harder than Cho-Z does to it.
Yes. When god layers were released the only bey that had a fighting chance was l2. Now history is repeating itself. With Cho Z the beys hit so hard that all dual layers are outclassed and most god layers have no chance. If 12 was allowed to be  used without a frame most dual layer beys would be shredded.
But it isn’t allowed. He’s trying to say that they make restrictions so it beys don’t get damaged meaning cho-z are no threat.
(Apr. 29, 2018  3:21 AM)_callumspicer Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2018  8:20 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: Yes. When god layers were released the only bey that had a fighting chance was l2. Now history is repeating itself. With Cho Z the beys hit so hard that all dual layers are outclassed and most god layers have no chance. If 12 was allowed to be  used without a frame most dual layer beys would be shredded.
But it isn’t allowed. He’s trying to say that they make restrictions so it beys don’t get damaged meaning cho-z are no threat.

I know that. When I referenced 12 I meant if things were different rule wise, then beys would be destroyed left and right.
(Apr. 29, 2018  4:02 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: I know that. When I referenced 12 I meant if things were different rule wise, then beys would be destroyed left and right.

And you meant that because....? Can you clarify, because I'm not sure I see your point?

My only thought is that you're playing on my use of the word "destroy" by being literal.

(Apr. 28, 2018  8:20 PM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Apr. 20, 2018  3:57 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: And I have to agree with that.

Open question to everyone: Did you feel the same when God Layers were released and dominated the Single and Dual Layer formats? God Layer System destroys those so much harder than Cho-Z does to it.
Yes. When god layers were released the only bey that had a fighting chance was l2. Now history is repeating itself. With Cho Z the beys hit so hard that all dual layers are outclassed and most god layers have no chance. If 12 was allowed to be  used without a frame most dual layer beys would be shredded.

So that's a "yes" to being just as wary of God Layer Beyblades when they were coming/did come? And if so, didn't that end up working out? People carried on, I mean.

The facts show that the new Cho-Z Beyblades haven't been crazy dominating. They're not outright overwhelming the competition. The winning tournament combos communicate this very strongly.

I get the feeling things may more drastically shift after the Level Chip starts getting into hands, if not as time just goes on regardless, but all the same, it really is just history repeating itself as you said. Nothing new, really.
I don't really see the need of making a separate format for Cho-Z. This same thing happened when God Layers came into the game. Everyone thought that the God Layers will dominate the play and Dual and Single layer systems will not have a chance at all.
But that's not what happened, combos with single and Dual layer systems are present to give the God Layers a tough competition.
One of the videos on the WBO Facebook page showed that Spryzen on Variable(not sure about the driver) defeated Drain Fafnir, and Kei also had commented on the video that it even gave him a tough fight.
And for what I have seen in the Cho-Z beyblades is that they are no better than God Beyblades, but have Metal on them.....
So, with Cho-Z beyblades in the game we will just have to wreck our brains more and come up with combos, increasing our creativity IMO.
Older Layers did not end up entirely outclassed as soon as God hit. Neptune especially was the best dF counter for a while because of it's shape, and none of the other first couple God Layers got super spammed like dF did. Only when other good Layers like aC, lS, gK, mG, and so on did the older Layers become outclassed. So drawing the comparison of God vs. Dual/Single Layer and Cho-Z vs. God to make that argument is a bit inaccurate.
(Apr. 29, 2018  4:41 AM)Suhasini Wrote: This same thing happened when God Layers came into the game. Everyone thought that the God Layers will dominate the play and Dual and Single layer systems will not have a chance at all.
But that's not what happened, combos with single and Dual layer systems are present to give the God Layers a tough competition.

Thanks for that! I tried looking to see if this was a thing, since I wasn't around back then. I couldn't find anything and no one seemed to mention if it happened before.

It's good to know that this seems to be a common occurrence. People think the new thing is big and scary....but then it works out in the end.

And then, we can always make limited formats once things get left in the dust of the latest and greatest.

And thanks to both Suhasini and TrainiacJ for the bits of history! Everything I've read seemed to imply that it was fairly quick with God. But I guess it's not too different from how things are now, since nothing has been good enough to be spammed or the like just yet.
This argument will only be present till the time everyone gets Cho-Z beyblades, after everyone gets it, no one will care about the older systems and the Burst Format will automatically become the Cho-Z format because everyone will get their Cho-Z beyblades because they will have an advantage over other systems. But again, older system beyblades can always be used as a counter for others.
Thus saying, outclassing of older layers and systems is inevitable.
(Apr. 29, 2018  5:47 AM)Suhasini Wrote: This argument will only be present till the time everyone gets Cho-Z beyblades, after everyone gets it, no one will care about the older systems and the Burst Format will automatically become the Cho-Z format because everyone will get their Cho-Z beyblades because they will have an advantage over other systems. But again, older system beyblades can always be used as a counter for others.
totally agree.
Also i've tested out wV vs nL, god layer still stand strong.
No need for new Format
(Apr. 29, 2018  6:19 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2018  5:47 AM)Suhasini Wrote: This argument will only be present till the time everyone gets Cho-Z beyblades, after everyone gets it, no one will care about the older systems and the Burst Format will automatically become the Cho-Z format because everyone will get their Cho-Z beyblades because they will have an advantage over other systems. But again, older system beyblades can always be used as a counter for others.
totally agree.
No need for new Format

Have you tried wV against something that's actually the same spin direction as it? wV vs nL doesn't really mean much, the hits mostly cancel each other out and nobody gets bursted...
(Apr. 29, 2018  6:48 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2018  6:19 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: totally agree.
No need for new Format

Have you tried wV against something that's actually the same spin direction as it? wV vs nL doesn't really mean much, the hits mostly cancel each other out and nobody gets bursted...

Twin nemesis and spriggan held their own with it when we battled with it