Why Burst launchers suck

I swear, they really are. Back in MFB launcher wear wasn't really a factor, but apparently in Burst this isn't the case.

I mean, you can't even choose ripcords over strings to avoid breakage from pulling too hard because the gears apparently wear out too fast. Both my Diabolos and Dragon launchers only lasted a week until they started skipping gears(and I don't even click my launchers), which made them almost unusable. And don't get me started on any string launcher. Even if you were lucky enough to not have the spring inside the main gear of your launcher snap in half in a month's worth of usage, you'll have to worry about the string's outer layer being torn apart instead due to the repeated grinding of the cloth with the metal ring, which would cause your launcher to get stuck anyway.

So yeah, in short. Burst launchers suck.
(Mar. 02, 2021  1:09 PM)Shido-kun Wrote: I swear, they really are. Back in MFB launcher wear wasn't really a factor, but apparently in Burst this isn't the case.

I mean, you can't even choose ripcords over strings to avoid breakage from pulling too hard because the gears apparently wear out too fast. Both my Diabolos and Dragon launchers only lasted a week until they started skipping gears(and I don't even click my launchers), which made them almost unusable. And don't get me started on any string launcher. Even if you were lucky enough to not have the spring inside the main gear of your launcher snap in half in a month's worth of usage, you'll have to worry about the string's outer layer being torn apart instead due to the repeated grinding of the cloth with the metal ring, which would cause your launcher to get stuck anyway.

I've mainly have had problems with LR Light Launchers (4 of them), but I've been using my Pheonix Light Launcher (That came with Revive Pheonix) since its release and I never had any problems with it. I've also had my Lucifer Sparking Launcher break but I think it's mainly the LR Light Launchers that wear down easily but I'm not too sure.
burst launchers are just built different
There is one common factor to all these burst launchers you have used that have broken.
(Mar. 02, 2021  1:09 PM)Shido-kun Wrote: I swear, they really are. Back in MFB launcher wear wasn't really a factor, but apparently in Burst this isn't the case.

Because tt wants to make money
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:29 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:

Because tt wants to make money

No, it ain't that, a whole lot of people use it wrong. I'm not saying everyone in this thread is using it wrong, but LR string launchers can last multiple months under proper usage

1. you cant just put all burst launcher's in one category 2.burst launchers only skip/break if your not using it properly 3. just beacuse they are not metal fight launchers doesn't mean they are bad >:3
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:34 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:29 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Because tt wants to make money

No, it ain't that, a whole lot of people use it wrong. I'm not saying everyone in this thread is using it wrong, but LR string launchers can last multiple months under proper usage

Yeah it is. If it wasn’t then tt would be giving us l/r launchers that last for years
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:56 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:34 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: No, it ain't that, a whole lot of people use it wrong. I'm not saying everyone in this thread is using it wrong, but LR string launchers can last multiple months under proper usage

Yeah it is. If it wasn’t then tt would be giving us l/r launchers that last for years

I thought you meant as a cheap rip-off, sorry
My red L/R string launcher from the God Era lasted about 2 years on me. The durability depends on the user. A majority of the Sparking Launchers are very breakable, the stuff that came before was good and sturdy.
The only launchers that broke for me were the Xcalius X3 Sword Launcher, (The gears just don't work anymore and i might have to take it apart or put glue in it) and the RC Valtryek blue launcher, which the entire mechanism just popped out lol, but all my other launchers, including my fake ones, haven't broken, and i've had my other blue dual layer launchers since 2017 and not a single one has broken, neither have my white ones, or my green ones.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?Because so far;

Lucifer Sparking launcher; string snapped. Entire mechanism technically still works.

Dragon and Diabolo LR launcher; no clicks, just got really weak after a week of usage. The spots where you insert the winder looks grinded.

Long launcher; broke within a day and the damage being that the spring inside the main gear being torn in half.

Master Diabolos LR launcher; same as above.

Legend Spriggan LR launcher; I don't even know what happened with this, but this is probably the worst one out of the bunch. Got extremely weak in one sitting, I dunno if using the Diabolos/Dragon winder had anything to do with it.
(Mar. 02, 2021  11:25 PM)Shido-kun Wrote: Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?Because so far;

Lucifer Sparking launcher; string snapped. Entire mechanism technically still works.

Dragon and Diabolo LR launcher; no clicks, just got really weak after a week of usage. The spots where you insert the winder looks grinded.

Long launcher; broke within a day and the damage being that the spring inside the main gear being torn in half.

Master Diabolos LR launcher; same as above.

Legend Spriggan LR launcher; I don't even know what happened with this, but this is probably the worst one out of the bunch. Got extremely weak in one sitting, I dunno if using the Diabolos/Dragon winder had anything to do with it.

most likely beacuse you were rough with them, my cho-z achilles launcher was working perfectly until i roughed with it and it broke
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:56 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:34 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote: No, it ain't that, a whole lot of people use it wrong. I'm not saying everyone in this thread is using it wrong, but LR string launchers can last multiple months under proper usage

no
I have my string launcher for months and I am using a master diabolos launcher that was used before I bought
The launcher is a year old and it works perfectly
(I bought I new one before but I gave it for my friend in his birthday so I bought another one that was used cause its cheaper)
If your LR string launcher broke there is 75% of chances you used it wrong
(Mar. 03, 2021  12:01 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:56 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Yeah it is. If it wasn’t then tt would be giving us l/r launchers that last for years

no
I have my string launcher for months and I am using a master diabolos launcher that was used before I bought
(I bought I new one before but I gave it for my friend in his birthday so I bought another one that was used cause its cheaper)
ikr my LR cho-z achilles string launcher worked perfecly until i used 100% of my strength, ended up with a bey going mock 10 and a broken string launcher XD
(Mar. 03, 2021  12:20 AM)sushiroll1234 Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2021  12:01 AM)valtaoi_007 Wrote: no
ikr my LR cho-z achilles string launcher worked perfecly until i used 100% of my strength, ended up with a bey going mock 10 and a broken string launcher XD
Ik
when used right the string launcher can last in minimum 1 year
You should never use all your strenght no matter the launcher no matter if is MFB, burst or plastic, string or ripcord
you should never launch in full strenght since it will break easily or wear down faster

and even not sucking, I agree that the burst launchers wear down easier than MFB, but it can still last a long time
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:34 PM)Spin Stealing Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2021  5:29 PM)Golden Freddy Wrote: Because tt wants to make money

Ever since I got it, my Cho-Z Achilles LR launcher has been my go-to, and it still works great! I've heard that the Sparking launchers are more fragile, but I'm saving mine for tournament use, since they're more powerful but also more fragile.

Really the only string launcher I've ever truly broken was my red MFB right launcher, which broke several months ago. It sucked that it broke, but considering I'd had it and heavily used it since I got it (roughly around 2009-2010, when MFB first appeared in the US) it lasted me a damn long time. The handle itself had been broken for years, but recently the tension spring responsible for retracting the string finally snapped. I've still got a TT L/R launcher that came with Gravity Perseus, but I haven't used it much/at all.

TL;DR
If you don't go over the top when using them, string launchers can last you for a loooong time.
Hey, I honestly think that this is a marketing strategy.
You see, if TT creates an indestructible launcher that never wears (which they easily could) then they wouldn't make that much money at all.
The white thing in the middle of the Prongs is meant to wear down as honestly it is made to be like that.
TT just wants to make money by getting you to buy launchers over and over again due to spoilage.

I'm not saying that the launchers can't last long, one of mine has lasted for a year, it really depends how you use it before the wear completely destroys the launcher
(Mar. 03, 2021  1:03 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Hey, I honestly think that this is a marketing strategy.
You see, if TT creates an indestructible launcher that never wears (which they easily could) then they wouldn't make that much money at all.
The white thing in the middle of the Prongs is meant to wear down as honestly it is made to be like that.
TT just wants to make money by getting you to buy launchers over and over again due to spoilage.

I'm not saying that the launchers can't last long, one of mine has lasted for a year, it really depends how you use it before the wear completely destroys the launcher

I dont think its impossible to make a string that doesnt wear and if it was, it was going to be too expensive
I mean does anyone know of a way to preserve the Sparking launchers' string?I just ordered a left one and I really don't want the outer part to get torn again.

Or should I just buy a different one?I'm mostly buying these because among the launchers I owned, they're the only ones that give attack types a good enough launch.
Sure but if you use it without launching as hard as you possibly can dont use it in ways you shouldn't that can last a very good amount of time
I still have my decade old mfb string launcher working fine, but already broke my burst launcher after few month
U k TT realized that if they make launchers that never spoil they won't make as much money. If the launchers spoil you have to buy new ones right? More money for TT
(Mar. 03, 2021  1:03 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: The white thing in the middle of the Prongs is meant to wear down as honestly it is made to be like that.

Think I understood reason why Burst launchers were made that way, 3 years ago.

Metal beyblades were not easy to damage at full power launch, but plastic can crack, especially if stuck. So safety element is necessary.

[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote:I honestly think that this is a marketing strategy.

TT realized that if they make launchers that never spoil they won't make as much money. If the launchers spoil you have to buy new ones right ? More money for TT.

Might be, but having 2-3 launchers broken every week, made my son and me stop playing (and buying) Burst. Not sure if that strategy was good.
(Mar. 03, 2021  1:03 AM)[[ NØBØDY ]] Wrote: Hey, I honestly think that this is a marketing strategy.

I have permanent solution to fix that white prong, will make thread when have free time.