Where is this game going?

Basalt is useless compared to scythe, phantom, death and duo in stamina..
Now imagine what happens when you take those combos into a BB-10!
I didnt mean in stamina I ment just in general. Fusion Hades just being an example.
Also I have BB-10.
Watch, now that Diablo has been released, TT will be like "OH LETS MAKE HEVIER WEELS". Then 55-60 gram metal wheels will pop up.
it would be actually funny if Hasbro releases stadiums with even higher enclosed wall to cope with the safety of playing heavy attack beys.
Considering we have blitz, vari, and now diablo, that's probably true. "INTRODUCING THE NEW TOWER STADIUM! Bey-battle in the tallest stadium ever, and watch the battle keep on going as you STAND, peering over this 3-ft high stadium! NOW THE BATTLE KEEPS ON GOING!"
inb4 hasbro blunts all the ends of those wheels for safety. Then coats it with rubber.
well i read around that metal frame and core will NOT be separated.

also, are we gonna have a new "mini era"?

gravity era: 33-36 g
maximum era: 40 g
realize you need weight to stop basalt, then
4d era: 43-45 g
realize you need weight to stop diablo, then
after diablo era: 48-50 g

this really is an option.
(Dec. 28, 2011  7:57 AM)Yamislayer Wrote: well i read around that metal frame and core will NOT be separated.

That was never confirmed, so we try to mention it as little as possible in order not to confuse people like that.
Valid points have been made by all across the board. While it is true that the metagame advances with the release of stronger parts, this recent succession of overpowered monsters could be a major detriment to the metagame. The metagame should never be that those with the newest parts are the best, but that is what it has been degraded to. However, we are only presenting a problem, a solution has yet to be introduced.
Why all the complains about 'get new parts to stay competitive'? It is what makes the game alive. It evolves, it 'grows up'. Would you rather have recycled parts over and over and over and over like RB vol. 9? If the new releases are bad, people will lose interest on the game, quite fast too. Who'd want to keep playing Basalt for the next 6 months?

Personally, I like the way things are progressing, but yes, the speed at which it evolves could be slowed down a little.
It is the rapid speed that is a cause for concern.

I wouldn't mind basalt still being very powerful, as it would give Hasbro users a fair chance at tournaments. As it stands, it's okay, but slowly becoming outclassed, but there was a time there when they could still make the best combo's in Attack, Defense, and Stamina, and I think that was a good time for competition...
For TAKARA-TOMY countries, Basalt's been spammed continuously since April 2011. Half a year of seeing the same combos every single time gets monotonous enough to make even the most avid player think of quitting. These new wheels are definitely breath of fresh air.

As it stands now, we can make great combos for Attack, Stamina, Defense from completely different wheels, as supposed to the previous one, namely Basalt.

The rapid speed is definitely an issue though. I personally don't mind RB vol. 9 has outclassed parts, with an exception of maybe Fusion Hades, as it allows a brief time out, but as you are aware, members still complain about it having no new parts, outclassed parts, etc. TAKARA-TOMY can never satisfy everyone.
True, true, it's that the metagame changes hugely each month that is a concern, though. If they just slowed down the releases or released "fun" beys every second month or something, Idk, maybe it would help.

As was said a couple of times, Diablo looks like it's being forced to be good, it would be horrid, but they fed it a patisserie so it may instead be gamebreaking.

I'm also worried that the weights will reach the limit of what R2F can propel at a decent speed to get a KO, or that they will burn themselves out of ideas.
(Dec. 28, 2011  7:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: As was said a couple of times, Diablo looks like it's being forced to be good, it would be horrid, but they fed it a patisserie so it may instead be gamebreaking.

I'm glad this is mentioned. QFT.
(Dec. 21, 2011  5:48 AM)th!nk Wrote: Ahhh, I love your threads!

You *could* win a tournament without Duo, a good attacker (Variares or Blitz basically)and MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS can kill basically every Duo combo around.

That said, I agree 100%, the constant release of overpowering new parts is not particularly healthy, and it is unfair on those who can't buy the more recent beys. Frankly, I still love your idea of a second "level" of play, with only certain non-overpowered parts allowed. I loved that suggestion, and I still do.
Sad enough to say companies are going to continue to put out all powerful parts because in this world money rules everything. Companies have to continue making new parts so that they can bring in the income, therefore it leaves us continually having to buy the "new best thing".

It would be a good idea to possibly hold certain events with limits on what is allowed to be used at the event! This would make it to where we wouldnt have to spend our hard earned money (or our parents) every time something new comes out. Sadly this is the future for our sport. Something new will always be brought to the table up until they are done making products.

All I can say is continue having fun because thats what its really all about right?
The same thing happens in many other games.. In Yu-Gi-Oh it's even more obvious.. There are several top-tier decks with ridiculously expensive components (way more than beyblade) and you choose from these to grab a better win ratio.. It causes the movement of more product due to people wanting a specific card for their deck.

After several months, whatever is causing the most trouble is banned/limited then people move on to the next thing. It's a cycle that continues on and on.

Beyblade does this via power creep.. The problem is that releasing new more powerful parts to force people to buy new products can destroy the meta entirely instead of slowly shifting it.. The ban/restricted list in Yu-Gi-Oh kind of abuses this though.. If they release a powerful card that annihilates the meta, then everyone uses it, they make money, and it's banned and everyone has to buy new stuff.
the thing is tt is creating these op wheels so we have to buy the new wheels so they can make more money from a finacel stand point this is a genuise marketing campaing so now instead of buying 1 of the good bey recently realeased while the other 4 r useless it now every bey realesed is top tier and useful it just TT being smart and making money
This thread is beginning to reach the point at which people are recycling everyone's prior statements... try to actually maintain discussion, folks.
Hazel- Not possible, actually! XD
The problem with a 'Ban Basalt' thread in this Forum was similar. Points were recycled over and over. Hence, it soon got closed, and moved to the Advanced Forum(and now, you moved discussion from the Advanced Forum to Beyblade General! LOL!).
We may probably get something solid to post here, once Diablo is tested. Until then, this thread needs to search for new points, which is quite difficult...
There really wasn't much to discuss in the first place. Either you agreed with Yamislayer or you didn't; after all, he pretty much covered everything in the OP.
Lol. That's a pretty one-dimensional view of what was a fairly good discussion.
(Dec. 30, 2011  4:58 PM)NightWolf7919 Wrote: There really wasn't much to discuss in the first place. Either you agreed with Yamislayer or you didn't; after all, he pretty much covered everything in the OP.

You are right. That was basically just it. Not to mention this is basically just another skill vs. tier thread as said in the very beginning yet the other one got closed and this one is falling into the same problem: Redundancy.
(Dec. 30, 2011  5:32 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: You are right. That was basically just it. Not to mention this is basically just another skill vs. tier thread as said in the very beginning yet the other one got closed and this one is falling into the same problem: Redundancy.

So you apparently do not read all of the posts at all, especially the one just above yours and these :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Where-is...#pid864490
(Dec. 30, 2011  5:41 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2011  5:32 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote: You are right. That was basically just it. Not to mention this is basically just another skill vs. tier thread as said in the very beginning yet the other one got closed and this one is falling into the same problem: Redundancy.

So you apparently do not read all of the posts at all, especially the one just above yours and these :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Where-is...#pid864490

Oh I read them. And that is why I said it. It is too redundant. Not one central idea as a whole. I am not saying I don't like the thread. It is interesting enough but the thing I don't understand is why there is no focus in this thread. If Yamislayer started it as a skill vs. tier esque thread, then how did it turn into a speculation/discussion of metagame/other game mentioning thread? If it is said in the beginning that the thread seems to be the same as another that was just recently closed and then posted later on that it is getting redundant, where did I go wrong with what I said?
From the community rules:

"Before posting a new reply in a thread, ask yourself: does my reply contribute to this conversation in any way?"

Your post #172 does not contribute to the conversation at all.