Where do you work? or what do you do to make money for beyblades!

(Mar. 02, 2011  3:29 AM)Roan Wrote: Dude how on Earth did you make $500 from Youtube?!

Please, share with me your secrets; I need a piece of this pie!
He probably purchased a Stock. Which also means that he owns a very, very, very, very tiny portion of YouTube.

That, or he has advertisements on his video's like Nano said.
Hah, I don't buy stocks. Yes, I'm a YT partner, but before I was accepted to be a partner, they wanted to post ads on some of my videos. I have an L-Drago un-boxing vid that fetched just over 100,00 views, which is quite minuscule compared to the likes of DGT's videos, but since I was showing no signs of using copyrighted material such as music and video segments, YT offered me partnership, and I was approved within the hour.

The secret is to create a Channel about something you enjoy. In my case, it's obviously Beyblade with some hints of YGO and a limited edition DSi un-boxing. Also, you MUST be on top of answering questions that your viewers/subs ask you, because public relations is key in being successful with this sort of Channel. Of course, there are YGO Channels that fetch quite a bit of subscribers, but the one thing that can set you apart from the rest is diligently replying to your fan-base.

The reason why I'm only about 50 subscribers away from hitting the 2000 mark is because of that. All other Beyblade Channels at the time when I started were battles, and some review and un-boxing videos weren't the greatest, as they lacked depth.

So, in conclusion, to be successful in YT aside from doing things like nigahiga and all of them, you must:

- base your Channel on something you enjoy, even though there may already be tons of Channels like yours
- speak about topics on your interest that will arouse the minds of others who share the same interest as you, and in turn, will ask you questions that should be promptly replied; this is what will set you apart
- do contests, challenges and things, by using your Moderator's Module on YT, so your fans will really feel that they're making an impact on your Channel, and of course, keep up on that
- don't use copyrighted music and video material

Sorry this was a fairly long post, but this is pretty much how I make money from YT, aside from my store job.
So that's how you make $500 from youtube. I wouldn't mind making that much money from youtube. But I don't have the skill to make videos like you.
Great advice Momo. I hope to make a YouTube channel as well. Perhaps I'll start with unboxing the 4D beys. Grin
I used to do wireless sales. Made like, 5k a month. I'm still vying off of what I have left.
Anyone can do it. It's simple. Just speak in an educated manner, and follow the advice I gave, especially the public relations part.

Roan, I think you may want to branch out your Blog through YT. I've been advertising for you in my BW video, but I'm sure you can get lots of subscribers, seeing as how your Blog does so well.

Edit: Hero, let me know if you do; I'll add you to my list of Other Beyblade Channels. =D
(Mar. 02, 2011  6:57 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Anyone can do it. It's simple. Just speak in an educated manner, and follow the advice I gave, especially the public relations part.

Roan, I think you may want to branch out your Blog through YT. I've been advertising for you in my BW video, but I'm sure you can get lots of subscribers, seeing as how your Blog does so well.

Edit: Hero, let me know if you do; I'll add you to my list of Other Beyblade Channels. =D

Thanks for the support! Now to find a camera, and save up for 4D. Grin
(Mar. 02, 2011  6:57 AM)桃太郎 Wrote: Roan, I think you may want to branch out your Blog through YT. I've been advertising for you in my BW video, but I'm sure you can get lots of subscribers, seeing as how your Blog does so well.

I've actually been considering doing this for a while, but my whole thing is that if I were to do it I would want to find some way to differentiate myself from the literally thousands of other Yugi-tubers on there, and I haven't really thought of or found a way to do that yet.

Anyone can make deck profiles and that sort of thing... That's not really interesting to watch. I guess I could do some strategy videos or something like that, but I don't know... I guess I'll have to think about it. If there's the possibility of making that kind of money doing something that I'm already doing for nothing, I can't see any reason not to go after it. Congrats, you've flared up my legendary ambition!
oh aha, i didn't know momo was onimuzik on youtube. i'm trying to get that youtube partnership myself but i have music and stuff on my channels, maybe if i ever get a big enough following, i'll get rid of all the copyright stuff and apply for partnership.
At Hero and Roan, I'll be waiting for the day you two will open up YT Channels that will help you express your loves for your hobbies. =)

Anyway, Roan, perhaps with strategy talk, you can invoke the audience by saying, "what do you think about this? Leave a comment below, or a video response." There's so much you can go with with that phrase. With YGO, you can invoke the audience with that line for many different things. You should definitely do Deck Profiles, Duels, Trade Binder updates (if you have a Binder), and all that to bulk up your video arsenal.

Edit: Otsu, my avatar here and on YT are the same. =P
I'm actually on YouTube somewhere already; this guy at my locals enjoys taping my matches from time to time. I can't remember his username though so I haven't been able to find them. haha

Anyway, this is definitely something I'm going to look into doing.
@ Momo , thank you for the help , i am learning so i still do not do any jobs or such , but just wanted to say thank you to momo for the very important info , i want to start a YT Channel & also i am a Symbain Theme Designer , not a pro one but i am honing my skill , anyway i want to start a blog for both my work & other stuff & Momo your post definitely helps me alot

Smile
For me,i get money from allowance,christmas and b-days,and weirdly,in some side walks.and i get,i dont know,17$ each week.
I'm the kid on the streets in the Philippines with a lemonade stand that charges $1. Last time I did that I made around $20. Smile
Allowance.

But sometimes, I'd be selling Beyblades and Beyblade parts (In the Philippines).
(Mar. 02, 2011  4:54 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Mar. 02, 2011  3:29 AM)Roan Wrote: Dude how on Earth did you make $500 from Youtube?!

Please, share with me your secrets; I need a piece of this pie!
He probably purchased a Stock. Which also means that he owns a very, very, very, very tiny portion of YouTube.

That, or he has advertisements on his video's like Nano said.

i don't think you can buy youtube stock. the only way you can buy yourself "into" youtube is by buying google stock, but the thing is that you dont earn 500 per month by just sitting on google stock. he would need to sell it after the value had risen, and even when he does that, he only gets paid for it once, not once every month.

it's highly unlikely that one single stock from google would generate a revenue of 500 dollars anyway (given that google is currently selling for nearly 610 per stock), which means that if he bought it today, it would have to rise to like 1100 for him to to make 500 off ONE single stock, which is never gonna happen

i study finance btw so my interest for stocks is over average i guess lol

anyway i work part time at a museum while i study, the pay is insane. i'm willing to bet that i'm the the person on this forum who gets paid the most for per hour of work Cool
Haha how can you say that and then not tell us how much you get paid. :p
(Mar. 03, 2011  7:07 PM)Otsu Wrote: Haha how can you say that and then not tell us how much you get paid. :p

180kr per hour, which is exactly 32.31 US dollars per hour Cool
Yep more than me. Haha. I only work part time also but i get paid salary. So im guaranteed a certain amount of hours per week but work nowhere near tha actual amount. I get about 8 hours of free money a week. It's pretty sweet.
(Mar. 03, 2011  7:26 PM)Otsu Wrote: Yep more than me. Haha. I only work part time also but i get paid salary. So im guaranteed a certain amount of hours per week but work nowhere near tha actual amount. I get about 8 hours of free money a week. It's pretty sweet.
what amount are you guaranteed? btw now that it's winter, there's basically no customers in the museum. i'm essientally getting 33 dollars per hour for sitting on facebook everytime i work lol
27.5 hours guaranteed pay.
Yeh now that christmas time has passed im on wbo on my phone all day.
(Mar. 03, 2011  7:04 PM)SK Wrote: anyway i work part time at a museum while i study, the pay is insane. i'm willing to bet that i'm the the person on this forum who gets paid the most for per hour of work Cool

Hot damn! What do you do there exactly? and what type of museum is it?

I bet the valuables come to life at night; like in that movie, Night at the Museum..
I don't realy have any at all. I usually get most of my money from holidays and occasions Uncertain
Which for me is once a year. ARGGG
Never too early to start showing some initiative. There's usually always SOMEthing that needs to be done around the house.
(Mar. 03, 2011  8:53 PM)JÆMS Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2011  7:04 PM)SK Wrote: anyway i work part time at a museum while i study, the pay is insane. i'm willing to bet that i'm the the person on this forum who gets paid the most for per hour of work Cool

Hot damn! What do you do there exactly? and what type of museum is it?

I bet the valuables come to life at night; like in that movie, Night at the Museum..
i'd rather not say the name of the museum, but chances are that if you ever come to norway, you'll visit it. about 90% of tourists here visit that museum. it's one of norways biggest. i work in the souvenir shop