What to Buy in MFB: Revamp

The Gravity Perseus Ultimate Reshuffle Set is strikingly absent, as well... lot of nice stuff in it, including the best Gravity CW and several other exceptional parts.

Its exact contents are(Items of particular interest are marked with an asterisk):

Perseus(Stamina), Perseus(Attack)*, Perseus(Defense
2x Gravity
105, AD145*, GB145*, 130
F, WD*, S, RS*
3x Perseus Tattooed Facebolt
1x Beylauncher L/R*
1x 3-Segment Launcher Grip
1x MF-2 Kit*

Pretty much one of the best buys for its general price/contents.
Strongest Blader Set(BB117) comes with:

Unicorno II*, Horogium, Rex*
Blitz*, Basalt*, Nightmare
100, UW145, 130
RSF*, RS*, EWD
MF-2 Kit*

Another highly viable purchase, and the only economical way to get Blitz.
(Oct. 05, 2011  5:25 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: It's added. What about Fang?

I personally have no experience with Fang, but the Italian metagame seems to favor it, so I'd throw Fang Leone W2D on there. Fang is a rather decent MW, but I forget exactly for what...
Hmm, well what about L Drago Destroy then?

I think I'll probably do the Stadiums and Accessories later today.
(Oct. 05, 2011  3:41 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Hmm, well what about L Drago Destroy then?

I think I'll probably do the Stadiums and Accessories later today.

LDD is, iirc, a very good left-spin wheel, so I see no reason for it not to be up there as well. Most people use it over LLD nowadays unless it's the "Lightning Tank" variation.
Ok, I added both of them. If anyone disagrees, just tell.

I also added launcher rubbers.
(Oct. 05, 2011  11:56 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Ok, I added both of them. If anyone disagrees, just tell.

I also added launcher rubbers.

Launcher Suspensions are also quite valuable, though it is preference usually - I'd put them both up there just for the convenience of others, but mention that it is personal preference for which to choose. Some find the Suspension too bulky and heavy, others find Rubbers too flimsy, etc.

The suspension also alleviates more tension from the handle than the rubbers do.
Dun.

And for Stadiums...I have no clue what I should put because i've only tried the Attack Type.
(Oct. 06, 2011  12:53 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Dun.

And for Stadiums...I have no clue what I should put because i've only tried the Attack Type.

For recommending MFB purchases, it's really kind of superfluous to recommend anything but the BB-10. The other stadiums are passable substitutes, but at similar cost and lower functionality, there's no reason we should recommend them.
Put the WBBA Phantom Orion spare parts and the WBBA Big Bang Pegasis spare parts set in there. They have 85, RS, RF, 230, WD, CH120. They're much cheaper when bought in this set, than the actual starters / boosters. That way, you can cross off these beys:

BB-28 Storm Pegasis 105RF
BB-55 Dark Cancer CH120SF
BB-95 Flame Byxis 230WD
Grand Ketos WD145/T125RS

Also maybe, keep R145 there. It's still a great track. It puts the weight concentration on the outside. It's great with all 3 types: Attack / Stamina / Defense.
R145 for stamina? What have I done wrong in my life..?
lol seriously I doubt it would be good for a stamina type.
Well, not in a sense of 'pure' stamina type, but it works in a way kind of like Basalt for stamina. It's not great as an individual part, but in battles, it's somewhat nice.

Back when Hell Kerbecs BD145 was the metagame, it had consistent wins against it with Basalt R145 WD via outspins. Yes, you could say that it was the Basalt that did most of the job, but it didn't do so well, when paired with other tracks (except maybe 230, while BD145 scrapes with WD). Why WD, you'd ask? It's because not all CS are created equal.. lol

Granted, the stamina type for R145 is the least favored, but it's still a nice track to have for the other 2 types.
(Oct. 06, 2011  2:56 AM)Uwik Wrote: Put the WBBA Phantom Orion spare parts and the WBBA Big Bang Pegasis spare parts set in there. They have 85, RS, RF, 230, WD, CH120. They're much cheaper when bought in this set, than the actual starters / boosters. That way, you can cross off these beys:

BB-28 Storm Pegasis 105RF
BB-55 Dark Cancer CH120SF
BB-95 Flame Byxis 230WD
Grand Ketos WD145/T125RS

Also maybe, keep R145 there. It's still a great track. It puts the weight concentration on the outside. It's great with all 3 types: Attack / Stamina / Defense.

Hmmm, completely take those off?

I'd actually rather they stay. Besides, the super Deck Set has RF and was on it along with Storm Pegasis.

I'll add the Phantom Orion and Big Bang Pegasis sets later, but is "WBBA Phantom Orion/Big Bang Pegasis Spare Parts Set" the official name?
(Oct. 06, 2011  4:23 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: I'll add the Phantom Orion and Big Bang Pegasis sets later, but is "WBBA Phantom Orion/Big Bang Pegasis Spare Parts Set" the official name?

No, I would translate it as Phantom Orion/Big Bang Pegasis Reshuffle Parts Set.
Ok, they're added. I removed the 85 that was previously in there because of them.
I recommend categorizing them by type and within those categories by order of importance.
Makes it easier to look through and pick your purchases.
Hmm, it's up to Kai-V or whoever puts it up, so I'll just do whatever is easier for that person.
Oops, Mr. N had contacted me to update the "What to Buy in MFB" topic a few weeks ago and I forgot up until now, when he contacted me again, hah.

I think the following is complete enough, there are just a few ambiguous additions like Diablo Nemesis and Death Quetzalcoatl that could be inserted in there too :

Quote:Single Beyblades

BB-109 (Random Booster) Beat Lynx TH170WD: Everything in this Beyblade is outclassed except TH170, which is a versatile part due to its height-changing gimmick, and WD, which is always top-tier for Stamina.

BB-126 Starter Flash Sagittario 230WD: Even with Zero-G's possibility to create very heavy Metal Wheels, Flash remains a definite top-tier part for Attack, and that is this Beyblade's main reason to be bought.

BBG-01 Starter Samurai Ifraid W145CF: The only notable parts of this Beyblade are its Track and Bottom. W145 outclasses most Tracks for Stamina, and CF offers adhesion and controlled aggressivity that are necessary in Zero-G Stadiums.

BBG-02 Booster Shinobi Saramanda SW145SD: This Beyblade's Chrome Wheel is heavy enough to be of use in many customizations, notably in Attack. Furthermore, SD is an eternally top-tier Bottom for Stamina.

BBG-09 (Random Booster) Thief Phoenic E230GCF: Phoenic consists of a very powerful Force Smash Attack Chrome Wheel, while E230 represents a top-tier option for Defense combos. GCF isn't too useful in the regular stadiums since it's made of plastic, but its geared diametre makes it a top choice in Zero-G Stadiums where rubber Attack Bottoms lose stamina too quickly.

BBG-10 Starter Guardian Revizer 160SB: Revizer, due to its weight and its circular shape, is used in many top-tier combos, even paired with itself in Defense. SB and 160 are also interesting parts in Zero-G stadiums.

BBG-12 Booster Archer Gryph C145S: Its Track and Bottom are both outclassed and reused, but the Chrome Wheel Gryph is one of the best Zero-G Wheels for Attack, arguably more than Phoenic can be.

BBG-16 Starter Dark Knight Dragooon: As the only Chrome Wheel that can spin in the left direction and that can however be paired with any right-spin Chrome Wheel too, it finds top-tier use mainly in Attack or Spin-Stealing combos. LW160 also has relatively equal Stamina to W145.

BBG-22 Starter Berserker Begirados SR200BWD: Berserker Begirados is comprised of almost only useful parts; the only exception is its Crystal Wheel, like with all other Zero-G Beyblades. Begirados is mostly good in Attack, but its Track and Bottom are awesome for Stamina predominently.

BBG-23 - (Random Booster) Bandid Genbull F230TB: Even though it's currently only available as the prize Beybalde in the Zero-G Random Booster Vol. 3, Bandid Genbull's Chrome Wheel has a lot of potential, and TB is very versatile too.

BBG-27 Starter Gladiator Bahamdia SP230GF: This Beyblade has the widest Chrome Wheel, which is great for multiple types of combinations. Spike 230 is also very useful in Defense due to how large and tall it is, and GF is a very decent Attack Bottom.

Sets

BB-107 Big Bang Pegasis DX Set: The main reason to purchase this Set is of course the Attack Type BeyStadium it includes. Needless to say by this stage, it is the fairest and overall best stadium for Metal Fight Beyblade. Sets like this usually consist of better deals due to the number of parts they come with compared to getting an individual stadium. Big Bang Pegasis is nothing special, but the Big Bang Pegasis DX Set also comes with sometimes forgotten extra parts like RF and 85XF, which are very useful for Attack. It also has a Beylauncher and a 3 Segment Launcher Grip, two important pieces of equipment, one being powerful and the latter being more comfortable for launches. In certain versions of this Set, it can also have a BeyPoint Card which, while not having use anywhere, represents a collector's item.

BB-121 Beyblade Ultimate DX Set: Since its release, Duo has always been an excellent 4D Metal Wheel for Stamina, Balance, and even Defense to an extent. Besides Spin-Stealers, it has really kept a top-tier position all that time. This Set is currently the only way to acquire Duo. The other parts in this Set are simply good, like MB which can be used for top-tier Balance combinations, L-Drago Guardian for Spin-Stealing, and 90WF and LRF for Attack. It also encloses a BeyLauncher LR, the most powerful launcher for all types of Beyblades, as well as a set of Metal Face Custom Ver., useful for Defense and Attack customizations.

BBG-13 Beyblade Synchrom Battle Set: This Set is the only way to get Killerken at the moment, although Hasbro will release it separately in fall 2013. Killerken is a versatile Chrome Wheel that is most often seen paired with Dragooon for Spin-Stealing combos. Samurai Ifraid W145CF, additionally included in this Set, has a useful Track for Stamina and a great Bottom for Attack in Zero-G Stadiums.

BBG-24 Ultimate Synchrom DX Set Attack & Balance Type: This Set contains several useful parts in Zero-G as well as offering six different Chrome Wheels. Gryph, Balro and Girago are excellent Attack Chrome Wheels, Gargole can find decent use, and Saramanda is good for Stamina and Defense to an extent. In terms of Track, this Set has SA165, which is relatively hard to acquire for a reasonable price. The Bottoms included are also useful, like GCF for Attack in Zero-G Stadiums especially, SWD, and WSF, mostly for Balance.

BBG-25 Ultimate Synchrom DX Set Stamina & Defense Type: Just like BBG-24, the utility of this Set is that it encloses six Chrome Wheels as well as many parts, which makes Synchrom combinations easy. Revizer is great for Defense as well as Wyvang, which is good for almost anything thanks to its superior weight, while Balro is mostly used for Attack and Killerken finds use almost anywhere, notably in pair with Dragooon. E230 is more or less difficult to buy, and it's a top-tier Track for Defense, A230 mostly has a purpose in Stamina, and AD145 and 160 do too. The Bottoms aren't too special, but it still has some rare tips like SB and JSB, which are useful in a Zero-G metagame.

WBBA Big Bang Pegasis Remodel Parts Set: Since this Set is small and generally unexpensive, it's an easy way to stock up Bottoms like RF, RSF and RS, which wear down quickly.

Accessories

BB-17/BB-38/BB-68/BB-110/BB-111 Beylauncher: This launcher is the most powerful and reliable, along with the Left and Right version of it.

BB-115 Beylauncher LR Heat Red: Having a Beylauncher that can spin both Left and Right is extremely useful, especially for tournaments where the equipment you can bring along with you is limited, and it also allows you to do deception tactics more easily.

BBG-14/15 Metal Stone Face Flame Red/Ocean Blue:

BBG-19 Zero-G Launcher: Just like the Beylauncher is required in a normal metagame because it gives the most power, the Zero-G Launcher, built with the same string system but vertically, should also be purchased for maximum strength in launches.

If you have something else to suggest, I would just ask that you provide the short description of why it is worth purchasing too. And if you have details to tell for items that are already listed, do not hesitate too; for instance, I do not necessarily know what Chrome Wheel in the Ultimate Synchrom DX Sets are best at.

The new topic should be posted relatively soon though, if possible.
So I suppose I am reviving this ...
Yes, Diablo and Death should be up there. As should something with BD145, that's still a staple for MFB. If SonoKong have released SA165 in an affordable form that should also be added as an alternative to the larger sets (though those are nearly must-haves tbh).

I can't say much more than that, as I'm not up to date.
Ohh, I'll give this a go in a bit! The list above is pretty good but obviously outdated in reference to the current meta.

Question, since a lot of sellers now sell individual Beyblades from the Synchrom sets, should we list those as "Individual Beyblades" as well as the sets themselves?
I think they're worth including separately as well seeing as they are available like that - just include a note that it must be parted out to be bought separately, and IMO make sure the prices they go for are reasonable.
One thing that definitely needs to be edited is this....

BBG-13 Beyblade Synchrom Battle Set: This Set is the only way to get Killerken at the moment, although Hasbro will release it separately in fall 2013. Killerken is a versatile Chrome Wheel that is most often seen paired with Dragooon for Spin-Stealing combos. Samurai Ifraid W145CF, additionally included in this Set, has a useful Track for Stamina and a great Bottom for Attack in Zero-G Stadiums.

Killerken is in Zero G RB3