What's the best or worst tournament you ever went to?

There wasn't a thread like this i could find,
post below the best tournament you've ever been too or, if you like, post you least favourite, have fun!
Could we bring up unofficial ones? Back in elementary school we traded parts through standard two-on-two battles which was nipped in the bud by the schools entire staff. This fad went as long as one full year. The majority of those involved had either their Beyblades taken away or had OCS.

Not that it wasn't any of my business, but had a few elite members been caught up in an ethical dispute over one tournament? There was a flame war over favoritism and privileges.
yeah, sure, why not? it makes it more interesting XD
One horrible one I went to was the one at toysrus because there were lots of easy people and only 2 people my skill level Unhappy
Oh at a toys R us tournement.Sucky to say, but it wasnt even a tournament!!!!!The lady didnt have a tournament grid or anything!!It was random battles all over the place.And at that time i was using ray pegasis FGrin when i now know i SHOULDVE USED big bang.No one there was strong except for Zer0, wich is when i met him.

So basically, my worst tournament wasn't even a tournament.IUnhappy
Toys r us Tournament in Canada on Februay 25, 2012
Lol... Im geussing toysrus tourneys suck?
My worst tourney was my first. WBO Bey Lightning got me out QUICK. I went, got out, battled for 3rd, won, then lost. I was a noob then.
(Mar. 02, 2012  10:24 PM)ljadams9 Wrote: There's a skill level..?

Yep. Beyblading does involve practice and knowledge. People who can't shoot well most likely will not win.
I don't think that's what he meant, hah.

He was asking how somebody would rate levels of 'skill' (I think...)

Lee, probably just an expression. Or it could mean 'only 2 people with parts competitive enough to beat mine' as well, lol.
(Mar. 02, 2012  11:21 PM)PunkBlader Wrote: Yep. Beyblading does involve practice and knowledge. People who can't shoot well most likely will not win.

I've been Beyblading on and off since I bought a Spin Dragoon and Makendo when they first were released in England, and not once have I seen someone (of a relative age) who couldn't shoot well... If you can't launch a Beyblade, it's not down to a skill level, let's put it that way. Wink

(Mar. 02, 2012  11:50 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I don't think that's what he meant, hah.

He was asking how somebody would rate levels of 'skill' (I think...)

Lee, probably just an expression. Or it could mean 'only 2 people with parts competitive enough to beat mine' as well, lol.

Now that makes sense. I mean, just because you can look on a website and use suggested combo's, it doesn't mean you have a higher skill level. I really don't believe there's such thing in the hobby.
I do think that there is considerable skill in launching. A skilled player can "Bend it like Beckham" by using the inherent attributes of the tip or track to make the bey do what they want.

For example, most people want to launch their EDS tip as flat as possible to maximize stamina, but a skilled blader can launch banked and use the structured edge of the tip to make the thing behave like a WF (for a limited time anyway) and score an aggressive KO.

There are lots of little tips and tricks in how you launch a bey that can decide the difference between winning and losing. That's skill, plain and (not so) simple.
WBO Bey Lightning, Georgia Bey Bash, Happy-Holi Beys, Happy Holi-Beys 2.0, (Oh, Bey Me!) And all three of the Toys R Us tournaments have been great experiences for me. Luck of the Bey and REDEMPTION are sure to be epic too, if or when they get approved.
Sliding Shoot, Deep Banking, launching hard with attackers without self-KOing in general, manipulating CS/D/WD/EDS/MF/XF/WF/whatever, etc.

This game is most certainly more than "just launch the beyblade", and implying anything else is genuinely insulting to the people who have put in time and effort to get their shots right. It takes practice.

Yeah, it's not playing flight of the bumblebee with your kneecaps or anything, but it's still a very real skill gradient.
This thread is starting to turn into a debate as to wether skill is involved in beyblading, maybe people could tr to stay on topic, no trying to be mean, just reminding everyone, blading definetly involves skill though :-)
The July Joust was by far the best tournament I'd ever been to. Its 18-person Round Robin was a heck of a time. Grin

6 hours-plus of non-stop Blading FTW!
LOL, mine was new years celebration
This TOYS R US tounament but turns out it wasn't even a tournament!
ive heard that before... lol
Georgia Bey Bash
Why?
The first tournament that I'd went to.
Won First Place.
Went Undefeated.
Used sorta outclassed Attack Combo against Basalt Combos and Hell Kerbecs combos.
My FIRST time ever using a BB-10, so the only way I knew how to Slide Shoot was from the WBO's video Grin
Me and y friend made a huge effort to go to the trafford centre for a beyblade tourney on a school day, it turned out to be loads of 4 year old noobs and one or 2 serious bladers and even they were rubbish
hahaha sounds awesome! XD
I went to a Hasbro Tournament before and was the worst expierience in beyblading ever! You can't use your own bey! XD
Was it the Toys r Us Tournament in Canada on February 25, 2012, then that sucked and i could of won a FREE stadium