What language would you like to learn the most?

As the title says, I was wondering what language WBO members would like to learn the most? Also a reason why you would like to learn that language.
The language I would like to learn the most is
Reason:
The reason why is because I only spent two years doing it in primary school and my secondary school don't do it. I was also very good at it.
The language I would like to learn the most is

Reason:

i would like to learn it because it is the most widely used language in today's world and most of the people on the earth knows English as it is a international language .i know how to speak and write english but i am not too good in english.
I would like to learn Latin the most. Why? It's the basis of the English language and other languages. And it's challenging to learn (as with any language) and I like to challenge myself Tongue_out
We do that in my school except you have a choice between it, Music and Woodwork.
I want to learn Japanese because I think it's a interesting language to learn.
(Jul. 21, 2011  6:02 PM)Ultimate Zero Wrote: I want to learn Japanese because I think it's a interesting language to learn.

That is such a bad reason ... Why do you find it interesting ? That is what you should post here.

Also, I am debating whether that could not just be discussed in the topic about the languages you currently know, because people have already mentioned what they would like to work on as well ...
Well... now the language I would like to learn the most is English. That's the language I want to learn most. I am also weak in English and if I don't get an A in English my parents become crazy on me.
(Jul. 21, 2011  5:43 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I would like to learn Latin the most. Why? It's the basis of the English language and other languages. And it's challenging to learn (as with any language) and I like to challenge myself Tongue_out

You do NOT want to learn Latin at least not with my teacher.

I would like to learn Japanesse because I like Japan I suppose
off Topic: Kai-V who is that person moving around?
I would like to learn japaneese because one of my back up plans is moving to japan and get a job in Takara Tomy if I don't make the FBI job. So mainly for fututre job purposes.
id like to learn latin because it is the root of all languages
(Jul. 22, 2011  4:10 PM)sonicsora123 Wrote: id like to learn latin because it is the root of all languages

No, a lot of languages do not have roots in Latin at all ...
I would like to learn Japanese.
This way, i can go to Japan and understand wth they are saying.
then i can read the stuff on MFB boxes or *cough* Ramen packs.
Plus i can then watch anime without having to rely on subs. Its hard watching MFBE already...
I would like to learn...
French
Because.... My mom learned it and I think its interesting.
And
Japanese
Because.... If I go to Japan I wouldn't be like "What did he say?" and be a weirdo. Also I would know what the anamie people are saying.
I want to learn Japanese because i'm part Japanese. Smile But I also want to learn Chinese so I can understand what my parents are talking about sometimes. :I
Spanish, I love there culture and the way the go Hola Amigo! They always sound so cheerful!
I would like to learn Russian because i am 75 percent russian and i like some of there culture and i would like to learn Japanesse because of the reading the beyblade products and i love there culture, fashion style and want to live there when i get older.
chiniese cause china being the biggest manufactuar in the world it would come in handy some day Stupid
I would like to learn Japanese because I really want to go there, and perhaps even live there. But there's no way I can without first learning they're language, customs, etc.
I would also like to learn Greek because I am a great fan of Greek mythology. Visiting Mt. Olympus, studying ruins, learning about all this stuff really intrigues me. I also love their symbols for their alphabet. The omega sign, alpha, beta, gamma, delta, zeta, eta, theta, lambda. All of them.
(Jul. 21, 2011  5:43 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I would like to learn Latin the most. Why? It's the basis of the English language and other languages. And it's challenging to learn (as with any language) and I like to challenge myself Tongue_out

Well actually English is really a Germanic language with major hints of latin. Latin is basically Spanish, French, Portuguese and I assume the very closest to Latin itself is Italian. Shame it is a dead language along with German, French and others.
I really want to learn German but my father for some reason not teaching me, but my portuguese grandmother. Weird.
I'd like to learn French, because the Ontario school system failed me.

Japanese would be handy to help me play those darn robot rpgs for kids, LOL.

I'm also like to learn a random Northern European language. Finnish? Swedish? That one would be a "just cuz" approach.
(Jul. 23, 2011  12:06 AM)To Wrote: I'd like to learn French, because the Ontario school system failed me.

AHAHAHAH I remember when they tried to teach us with hand-signs which was apparently an up-and-coming route to learning. BS. I don't remember a French teacher staying in our school for longer than a single school year. lol.
I'd like to learn Japanese because when people talk in Japanese I have little to no idea what they're saying and it sounds cool, haha. And for once I want to say something to someone directly and them not knowing what it means.
I would like to learn french because my mother is french, I am already fluent in italian (the two are quite similar and I often travel there. I would also like to learn japanese because I am interested in their exiting culture.
(Jul. 23, 2011  12:10 AM)Dan Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2011  12:06 AM)To Wrote: I'd like to learn French, because the Ontario school system failed me.

AHAHAHAH I remember when they tried to teach us with hand-signs which was apparently an up-and-coming route to learning. BS. I don't remember a French teacher staying in our school for longer than a single school year. lol.

In elementary school I was given 2 grades for Portuguese, and French class for each year:

French - 74
Portuguese - 66

I am Portuguese, shouldn't I get bonus marks? lol Unhappy

Nothing I could do would change those marks. I remember trying one year so hard in Portuguese class, and still getting a 66 Unhappy I think the teachers just assigned me a grade based on how I looked, since I had basically the same set of teachers for 10 years.

But man, I suck at French. In high school I did absolutely poorly in that course. I remember on my exam being asked to write a story in French based on the given picture. The picture happened to be a city in ruin. So I decided to write a story about Godzilla. It was mostly in English, with the odd French phrase thrown in. It was the most glorious, yet pathetic piece of writing I remember creating.
As many people said Japanese. I would also really want to go there some day. But the main reason is, I want to be able to understand Japanese products, manga(learning kanji), and anime. Without subs, it makes me feel more in-tune with Japanese stuff. Oh, and I really want to just speak it for the fun of it, who knows, I might meet a Japanese billionaire one day. Tongue_out