What is bey resonance?

Hi, so I just finished watching cho z episode 25 and this is basically where Aiga starts forming his "dark power". Earlier in the series There were repetitive mention of resonance with your bey, but if too powerful you can get overtaken by it. But what is it?
(Mar. 29, 2019  2:27 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Hi, so I just finished watching cho z episode 25 and this is basically where Aiga starts forming his "dark power". Earlier in the series There were repetitive mention of resonance with your bey, but if too powerful you can get overtaken by it. But what is it?

I think it’s essentially the bond with your bey and the power it has over you/the power you have over it. It becomes dark power when the bey has too much power over you and becomes evil. The bey’s spirit doesn’t always turn evil, as shown with Valt, but with a push in the wrong direction, they can easily become evil.
Moved to correct forum.

Also I feel like it's worth mentioning that the whole dark resonance thing isn't necessarily the bey overtaking the user, it's more the connection between blader and bey getting corrupted by the blader's emotional state. The biggest examples of this are Shu (where he was being driven by his anxiety over not being able to win and being manipulated by Ashram) and Aiga (in which he's manipulated by Phi similarly to how Shu was taken advantage of by Ashram). Both cases are more about the blader's mental well-being slowly deteriorating and loosing sight of what's important as opposed to "ooga booga dark power" like some suspected was the case when these eps aired, haha. The Burst anime's major running theme is "self-care is more important than competition" and the whole resonance plotline is another instance of that theme. Do with this information what you will.
(Mar. 29, 2019  3:00 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Moved to correct forum.

Also I feel like it's worth mentioning that the whole dark resonance thing isn't necessarily the bey overtaking the user, it's more the connection between blader and bey getting corrupted by the blader's emotional state. The biggest examples of this are Shu (where he was being driven by his anxiety over not being able to win and being manipulated by Ashram) and Aiga (in which he's manipulated by Phi similarly to how Shu was taken advantage of by Ashram). Both cases are more about the blader's mental well-being slowly deteriorating and loosing sight of what's important as opposed to "ooga booga dark power" like some suspected was the case when these eps aired, haha. The Burst anime's major running theme is "self-care is more important than competition" and the whole resonance plotline is another instance of that theme. Do with this information what you will.

When you have resonance you go crazy and go stupid alalalalala!!!!!!
Wow. Pretty short explanation there Achilles . But I'm actually serious about finding out lol. Btw thanks @[TrainiacJ] for that.
Ok, I just finished episode 28 and I only now just realized that Aiga isn't the only person with resonance with his bey. At least, too much resonance. I just now realized that Phi has a "dark version" of Phoenix . At the end of the episode he said "I'm not interested in the title match. The joy of destroying strong beys belongs to me and me alone". Right after, he said "you have made a bey worth destroying". How did I not notice this beforehand?!
Dark Resonance = The Power to break beys purposely

This is just highly observed all evil/possessed bladers broken at least 1 beys when they are consumed with that resonance.
I guess if a blader thinks something deeply about anything like losing like shu he'll go to dark resonace mode or aiga seeing phi destroying lepoard that thought made aiga worry the next time he will fight phi the same thing will happen idk
To expand on what TraniacJ and Dt20000 said, I want to stress that bladers with dark resonance don't use it everytime they battle. We can see that it responds to certain emotional triggers (Shu's past with Valt, or Aiga's fear of losing).
But what about Phi? We can see pretty clearly that he has a lot of resonance with Phoenix. He's fully aware of it too so what triggers him to do dark mode when he battles?
(Mar. 31, 2019  4:08 PM)boigamer25 Wrote: But what about Phi? We can see pretty clearly that he has a lot of resonance with Phoenix. He's fully aware of it too so what triggers him to do dark mode when he battles?

Phi doesn't have a strong bond with Phoenix. He CONTROLS that resonance.
off topic thought, so Phoenix is suffering because phi is bending it to his will?
(Mar. 31, 2019  4:34 PM)boigamer25 Wrote: off topic thought, so Phoenix is suffering because phi is bending it to his will?
Its not like a bey has a will
Even in the anime, that EDIT existed in the older seasons

USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR SWEAR FILTER CIRCUMVENTION
~OldSchool™
(Mar. 31, 2019  5:49 PM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2019  4:34 PM)boigamer25 Wrote: off topic thought, so Phoenix is suffering because phi is bending it to his will?
Its not like a bey has a will
Even in the anime, that S-H-I-T existed in the older seasons

Dont cuss
(Mar. 31, 2019  5:51 PM)Mr tyros Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2019  5:49 PM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: Its not like a bey has a will
Even in the anime, that S-H-I-T existed in the older seasons

Dont cuss
When did I cuss?
(Mar. 31, 2019  5:51 PM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2019  5:51 PM)Mr tyros Wrote: Dont cuss
When did I cuss?

Spelling the word out counts as cursing too
Let me put this straight for ya.
It’s just monomania with your bey.
Im not following. Can you make it a little straighter XD
What he meant is it's like an exaggerated behavior with the bey. = Dark evil looking resonance.
Ok. Gotcha. So like when ginkga got really mad because Ryuga was dissing his dad and his aura turned red XD
LOL Pretty much
(Mar. 31, 2019  5:55 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Dark Resonance = The Power to break beys purposely

This is just highly observed all evil/possessed bladers broken at least 1 beys when they are consumed with that resonance.
That explains why Lui never developed it.
(Apr. 23, 2019  3:56 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2019  5:55 AM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Dark Resonance = The Power to break beys purposely

That explains why Lui never developed it.

Well, Lui is a remake of Ryuga which means he's super OP and he actually knows how to control his bey without going overboard XD
(Apr. 23, 2019  6:09 AM)boigamer25 Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2019  3:56 AM)Strider Xanthos Wrote: That explains why Lui never developed it.

Well, Lui is a remake of Ryuga which means he's super OP and he actually knows how to control his bey without going overboard XD
Remake....ehhh
He destroyed Legend Sprrigan partly for good reason but Lui hasn't gone berserk or crazy and Ryuga never destroyed anyone's beyblade.
(Apr. 23, 2019  6:25 PM)Strider Xanthos Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2019  6:09 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Well, Lui is a remake of Ryuga which means he's super OP and he actually knows how to control his bey without going overboard XD
Remake....ehhh
He destroyed Legend Sprrigan partly for good reason but Lui hasn't gone berserk or crazy and Ryuga never destroyed anyone's beyblade.

If you're talking about Storm Spriggan then ok. But Legend Spriggan?  Dont remember that.